• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Assault Team ⑨ (Elsword Thread)

Hello everyone and welcome to Elsword!

Introduction: What is Elsword?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nMdKlkusVk

Why hello everyone and welcome to the new thread about a certain MMO called Elsword. Elsword is a 3D side-scrolling MMOG created by KOG studio, currently released in Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Germany, and North America. It is the spiritual successor to Grand Chase. Elsword has improved on systems Grand Chase had, along with more Animesque graphics and improved gameplay. Instead of making rooms like in Grand Chase, you get to explore the whole world of Elsword (which is still a side-scroller platformer Beat 'em Up). Like Grand Chase, this game subverts the norm by giving players a few preset characters instead of having a character creator. The first set of available characters includes Elsword, the hot-headed Swordsman, Rena, the cool and calm Archer, and Aisha, the arrogant Mage. Other characters include Raven, a war-veteran Cyborg, Eve, a Robot Girl, Chung, a young boy with an over-sized cannon, Ara, a spear-wielding martial artist and in some servers, Elesis, Elsword's sister that makes a come back from Grand Chase and Add, a time traveler hellbent on capturing Eve.

In this game players do Dungeon Crawling, though it's not as much "dungeons" as they're "stages". Instead of traditional dungeons there is an obviously more linear and are designed well... like stages from traditional platforming games. The basic goal of each dungeon is to defeat any enemy in your way to proceed to the next room of the dungeon, rinse and repeat until you reach the boss of the dungeon. Don't be too quick to think that it's as easy as it sounds. As their can be obstacles in the stages ranging from falling boulders which can strike you if you're not careful, to bottomless pits and security lasers that damage you and call in more foes if you touch one. This means that each dungeon is gonna bring in a new set of challenges for the player from time to time.

There are even challenging Secret Dungeons, end game dungeons that will provide a greater challenge to players lvl 60 and higher. These have a rather high difficulty spike (some max level players have some hard times with these dungeons at times), then their is the dangerous Field Raid Boss Eltrion, a dangerous and power boss that can only be fought at certain times. The boss is rather difficult and should only be fought against players who are truly prepared for it. Oh and don't forget Henir's Time and Space, a long and intense boss rush of all the bosses in the game. This Dungeon grants rewards to players depending on how well they do, and how far they make it in Henir's Time and Space.

I should also mention the fields in between towns that allows players to grind and fight outside of dungeons.

Heck there is even a marriage system in this game if you happen to go through with it.

I would not say that this game is by no means perfect, and it does have its flaws. However that should not stop one from finding a pretty decent game underneath the surface.

ElAssaultTeam9! Join Today!

Like with most MMO's that have guilds or clans, Elsword has it's very own guild system as well. Allowing players to make their own guild, and have their friends (or total untrustworthy strangers) join. Their are several benefits to being in a guild.
    1: Players in a guild gain certain bonuses depending on the rank and the level of the guild thanks to guild skills. These guild skills range from granting players increased healing rate from items, increased EXP when playing with other guild members in a party (max party size is 4 except for a few instances), increased gold drop rate, passive boosts to offensive and defensive stats, and several others.

2: If you are in a guild with friends you can more easily keep in contact with them in a game. This is because like in most games, one can see if other Guild Members are online. As such if you need help with something you can always check to see if their are any guild members online at the time that would be willing to help you with what you need.

3: Playing with other guild members are just so much fun! Much like playing with friends in any MMO, and in game, playing with other guild members can be a lot more fun and even more satisfactory than playing with complete strangers at times. Especially if the guild has members you have grown to trust, and consider friends (or at least acquaintances.)

Well those are all the benefits of being in a guild in Elsword. There are other benefits that I cannot name at the top of my head right now.

Now obviously the reason why I'm bringing this up is because I have a guild just for the Yukkuricraft community!

El Assault Team 9 is a guild that I had made quite a long time ago, and I originally intended it to be for the YC community. However I had not made a thread about it before. As such the only members in the guild are Zekai (Co Owner of the guild), WriggleRid3r, SerenGrace, and myself (owner.) The guild has quite a few empty slots for it for other people to join! The guild in Elsword has been quite lonely with the only truly active members being Zekai and well... myself. Hence why I am making this thread! To hopefully bring in a crowd of the Yukkuricraft community to Elsword. I mean aren't we all trying to spread our big, happy family to other online games? Me and Zekai (and hopefully others) are frequent players of this online game to the point where we have a guild dedicated to Yukkuricraft Members! So why not make a thread about this?

How to Join:

Well first before you can join the guild you either need to have an already existing Elsword account, or make one.

You can go to the main website (linked below) to sign up, and download. The download shouldn't take too long, and signing up is rather easy. Once then you can choose a character to play as (you choose a character to play as rather that create one from scratch like some other MMO's, and thankfully each character has their own unique playstyle and has different classes to add a lot more variety.) After you make a character just send a PM to me, or Zekai (since he is a co-owner, and as such can invite others) requesting to join the guild. You can also hopefully catch either one of us on the Mumble as well. So if you can catch me or Zekai on Mumble just ask about the guild.

If you are new to the game then feel free to ask Zekai or me to help you out. We will be willing to help you get a hang of the game, and even help get you some nice items as well.

If you already happen to have an account just send a friend request to:

PsychoCross: My current Lunatic Psyker, Add, and the leader of the guild. He is at lvl 60.

ZeroZekai: Zekai's Infinity Sword, Elsword, and the Administrator of the guild (co-owner).

=============

LINK TO THE ELSWORD WEBSITE FOR SIGNING UP: http://en.elswordonline.com
    There you can find out even more info on the game. If you are hesitant to join it just read up all you can on the site. Also Elsword is completely free to play, and the only things that cost money are stuff in the Item Mall (or Cash Shop as it... pretty much is.) So no need to pay a subscription fee to get the game.

LINK TO THE ELWIKI: http://elwiki.net

The current wiki for the game. There is even more info here if you want to look up more about the game, like the different characters and classes.

Join the El Assault Team today!

Let's Get Lunatic!

Oh yeah I should also mention that Elsword uses a anti hacking program called X-Trap. X-Trap is known for blocking hacking programs like 3rd party hacking tools, and it does have a tendency to hate Skype and the Mumble Overlay.

So if you want to play Elsword be careful with Skype. As playing Elsword with Skype open can either cause Elsword to crash, experience odd graphical bugs, and even crash Skype. It also has a tendency to hate the Mumble Overlay so if you want to play Elsword with Mumble be sure to disable to Mumble Overlay first as the Mumble Overlay does cause odd problems (like graphical errors and even causing Elsword to crash the game.) This can easily be fixed by turning off the Mumble Overlay by going to the Configure Option, then to the Overlay setting. There you can enable/disable Mumble Overlay. Personally I do not care for the Mumble Overlay so I keep it off.

That is just a heads up..

Comment

Since SUSTIC explained the basics, I'll explain some of the systems.

Stamina: This is used to run dungeons and fields to gain EXP. For everyone one monster killed, you lose .1% stamina. Once you run out of stamina, you can not gain anymore EXP. There is an item called Stamina Potion, which recovers 30% stamina per potion.

Resurrection Stones (AKA Res Stones): These are basically your extra lives. All new characters start off with 10. After you reach 0 Res Stones, you will get 3 back when the game refreshes them automatically at a set time. If you have 1 or more Res Stones when the refresh happens, or you're still logged in, you will not get anymore back (same with stamina, if you're still logged in when the refresh happens, no stamina refresh so be careful). These can be purchased at the Item Mall, 50 for 500 K-Ching ($5) or 110 for 1,000 K-Ching ($10).

Both Stamina and Res Stones refresh at the same time. For me and SUSTIC, the refresh time is 6 a.m. since we're in Eastern Time.

Skills: Each characters job classes has their own skills. You can only pick one skill for every 5 levels. The skills can get stronger with Skill Points (SP) and they can only level up at certain character levels and cost certain amount of SP. The Mana (MP) they use will vary from 50 MP to 300 MP. There are Skill Notes (which can change up the skills for the note it is for) that can make them more useful, like lowering MP use and cooldown time, able to use in air, piercing/exploding effects, etc. In order to use the Skill Notes, you will need the Skill Notebook (which can be either bought or obtained through a quest). There are skills where you'll need a training book to unlock and most of the time, they are better. They training books can be obtained by completing the training quests or buying them in the Item Mall.

Pet/Mount: You can get pets and mounts in this game. Pets will follow you everywhere and will get stronger to give passives/buffs and even attack enemies. You will have to feed them as well at times. Mounts are VERY usual as they have buffs for when you're on them, like a reduce damage buff. They do have stamina which they will lose the longer you're on them but will regain it back as long as you're off them, there are mount stamina potions but I don't know how to get them (since I don't have a mount).

Story Quests: As you can guess, these are story line quests that let's you progress in the game. For every 1 level, you get 3 story quests. If done smart, you can continually go until around mid 40 to early 50 before you have to grind to level up to get the next set of Story Quests. These will give the most EXP when completed.

Job Advancement: Each character will get a job advancement quest at a certain level, 15 for the first one and 35 for the second one. You must complete a given quest before you can choose the job path you want. Elsword/Elesis with get Knight quest. Aisha gets Magician, Rena gets Ranger, Raven gets Taker, Eve gets Code, Chung gets Guardian, Ara gets Little and Add gets Tracer. Once these are completed, then you can pick the path you want. WARNING, once you pick a path, you can NOT change paths by quests, the only way to change paths is to buy the Job Change ticket which will cost 2,880 K-Ching once you reach your second advancement.

If there's anything you like to know, don't be afraid to ask.
      Last edited by Zekai; 08-31-2014, 01:17 PM.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Oh yeah today on the 1 of September there is an event of which there will be infinite Stamina, and 2x EXP and Item Drop Rate in Elsword. The event will be lasting all day so for those who do play Elsword, and want to party up with me or Zekai (or both) let either of us know. We can run dungeons and whatnot together to gain extra EXP and hopefully some precious loot!

Also we might need help with trying to make a logo for the ElAssaultTeam9 (Our Yukkuricraft Guild.) So if anyone wishes to help just let us know.

Comment

My friends... The time is nigh... Soon, I shall rejoin from beyond my wifi-less grave as Otori Inozuka...

Comment

@Wonder

Yay! I've been wondering when you will return. I hope you return soon Wonder. It would be nice to finally invite you to the guild.

Comment

And also I'm planning on getting a headset with a microphone so I will also be available for other things like that. But then again you just said mumble doesn't work over Elsword... Oh well. Just throwing that out. Until then ^^

Comment

@Wonder

Mumble does work over Elsword if you remove the Mumble Overlay. All the Mumble Overlay is, is that it tells you who is in the mumble channel while you're playing a game.

For example with the Mumble Overlay enabled you will see the names of any other people who are in the same Mumble room that you are in while playing a game. Disabling Mumble overlay just removes that. Mumble Overlay is what causes problems with Mumble, not Mumble itself. So if you do get mumble and wish to play Elsword with Mumble simply open mumble, go to Configure, then settings, then Overlay, then you click disable to remove the Overlay feature while playing games.

Like I said Mumble Overlay is the problem, not Mumble itself. Mumble Overlay is just a added feature to help you know who is in the same Mumble Channel/room you are in while playing a game. Something that is not important with Mumble at all, just an added feature. I can easily help you get used to Mumble when you finally do get it and a headset.

Comment

@Wonder

If you do play Elsword, what character and class you'll be going for? SUS is thinking of Chung (Iron Palidin) and Wriggle us thinking Eve (Electra) and I can go with either Elesis or Ara.

Sent by Tapatalk
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Wonder, Wriggla and SUS

What characters did you guys create?

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

@ Zekai

I chose Elsword. And I'm going for infinity sword class.

Comment

Someone named Immortal_Smokes also plays Elsword and added me. Maybe we can have him in the YC guild as well.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@Anyone who cares to read this

I just saw that Ara's Asura was released yesterday, I'm not upset because I will be getting on today and going to try to reach Asura.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

I took.this and got Elesis. Let's see who you get.

http://woobox.com/bajb9f

Comment

Finally got to lvl 68 with my main character.

Also I did that quiz and I got Aisha of all people.

I swear every single freaking quiz like that I always end up getting the Loli character.

Comment

Working...
                              X