X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Horror Games

What is the best horror game you've played and/or watched? My personal favorite is Corpse Party for the PSP. It does what typical American horror I've seen doesn't: horrify and leaving you stunned for weeks while you attempt to rationalize and process what you just saw. It never relies on startles and jump scares and what possession that does exist only aids the horror, especially in one of the wrong ends that results from reading the fifth note.
    Last edited by Fettman501; 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM.
    The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

SCP Containment Breach. Scary sh*t right there.

Comment

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
      Penumbra.
      Barbie Horse Adventures.
      Last edited by Major Mario; 07-16-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Oh, speaking of Amnesia,
        Amnesia: Dark Room. It takes scary to a... different level.

Comment

What about Dead Space?
          Originally posted by Mogeko
          Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
          Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
          Praise be to prosciutto.
          ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
          Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Slender. Classic.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

resident evil from 1 to 4
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Silent Hill Franchise.

Scary monsters, creepy puzzles, interesting game interpretations.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Amnesia is a really good game but it's not nearly as good as people make it out to be. The sources of fear don't vary, it's almost the same all the way through. However, Penumbra Overture and Penumbra Black Plague are some of the best horror games I've ever played. As I've said, Amnesia is still very good, and I'm looking forward to Amnesia 2, but Penumbra are far at horror in my opinion.

Comment

any horror game that i have a gun/weapon in tends to be more of a startle-and-shoot kind of scare. for example dead space. jumpy? yes. scary? no, because i got this gun and you have a face to shoot.

so the survival horrors like slender man and amnesia do it much better for me. ita adds the fear of danger on top of the scare.
                    The invisible water creature(s) had me running like a madman through that part of the game XD
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X