X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, that's simple then. Just get Yvetal and keep spamming Oblivion Wing and bam, you win.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Cucoo

But that wouldn't work. Gods are supposed to be immune to mortal weapons, or else they wouldn't be gods. It's usually a given with them. Besides, without a means to heal themselves, the mortals would die, and let's not even go into Hyperion's reaction time/strength, thanks to his time abilities. If he can be killed so easily, then he is not a god, only a powerful mortal man. -_-;;

You said it yourself that he has health that would be 1,000 to 1 compared to everyone else, making that method of killing him implausible at best. You also have to consider the auto-counters. The group would have to literally perform tiny cut after tiny cut, but that would take days, perhaps months to accomplish. They would then need a means to heal themselves, but they don't have unlimited resources. That is why I went for the over-kill approach.

You see my reasoning, right?
      Last edited by S121; 12-16-2013, 02:43 PM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Second post, but I need to show you guys this.

What the f*cking hell is that thing!?!? K-Kogasa!?!?!? 0_0;;;

http://vintageninja.net/wp-content/u...Yokaiden12.jpg
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
          @Cucoo

But that wouldn't work. Gods are supposed to be immune to mortal weapons, or else they wouldn't be gods. It's usually a given with them. Besides, without a means to heal themselves, the mortals would die, and let's not even go into Hyperion's reaction time/strength, thanks to his time abilities. If he can be killed so easily, then he is not a god, only a powerful mortal man. -_-;;

You said it yourself that he has health that would be 1,000 to 1 compared to everyone else, making that method of killing him implausible at best. You also have to consider the auto-counters. The group would have to literally perform tiny cut after tiny cut, but that would take days, perhaps months to accomplish. They would then need a means to heal themselves, but they don't have unlimited resources. That is why I went for the over-kill approach.

You see my reasoning, right?

Hyperion's origin was a normal Human that created the Blood Tome which, after he became a Guardian of Time, granted him the power of a God. But this information doesn't really matter, The point is I was trying to see if I could create a scenario where it would force the characters to work together in a fashion where it would be a classic battle of attrition.

For instance: John has shields that regenerate. He can deal an attack that doesn't deplete his shields completely and he can attack again when they recharge. Though he would have to factor in everyone else that's attacking. Renamon has some sort of healing aura which is based more-so on her own strength of will. Shulk can protect everyone for a short time with the Monado and heal with Light Heal, which only has a cooldown period. Link has Nauru's Love which would protect him for a limited time while he waits to be healed. Robin and Morgan have a skill that can boost everyone's abilities, including defense. Lisa, if she rolled a Force or Techer Subclass, would have Resta and Anti, Resta can heal everyone within a radii every once in a while and Anti cures status effects. Edward seems to have a natural, accelerated regen. Patchy might have a healing spell.
          Sure it would take forever for one person to do it, but we have so many characters that have healing abilities, I seriously don't see it taking that long to use something like Counter or as it was called in Xenoblade, Spike Damage (Surprise, I'm stealing a concept from Xenoblade again).

Hmm...let's roll with the tried and tru[e]ly annoying
          Let's actually use Xenoblade's Spike Damage Mechanic. This time it'll be a Telethia with the Spike Damage.

- Telethia can read and react to thoughts in you mind when their mind read aura is active. For simplicity, let's say it doesn't have it for right now but make an alternate that factors it in.
          - Spike Damage is a passive mechanic with various triggers. For this, let's run with the counter concept where it returns the damage dealt. There is no dodging it.

Comment

This is why we can't have Gods among us.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

But then you forget that Hyperion has all the abilities they do. He would have John's speed, strength, luck, durability, and Light/Darkness magic, Shulk's ability to predict the future, Link's invulnerability, Robin and Morrigan's boosting abilities, and perhaps even Renamon's healing magic (not regeneration, but healing magic. Big difference.). You essentially created a problem that can not be solved without eliminating that particular trait, because with it, he has everything they have, and I can assure you that with all those abilities, everyone's going to die. -_-;

@Wriggle

No kidding.

Welcome back!

I'm almost done with the pics.
              sigpic

Comment

But again, that ain't a problem if you just come back after dying.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

But Cucoo's challenge was to do it without dying, without suffering a single casualty.
                  Last edited by S121; 12-16-2013, 05:16 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ Wriggs

and yet we have god tier charas in AtWaG

@ S121

I said he cannot heal regardless of ability copy.
                    He would have all their traits, but his only attack is counter and summoning Nihiliods and mini suns which act like fireball traps, but let's not go there cause that's more specific to EG

It would still be a 1 vs everyone battle and that would mean he would be able to go down fast because there is still a ton of characters with healing abilities.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-16-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Either way, he can still almost instantly kill everyone with a single swipe of his arm. It's kind of hard to heal when you're missing your head, wouldn't you say? He may not have the healing, but he still has all the best abilities of each Character.

How would they pierce Nyru's Love? What's stopping Hyperion from using Monado Purge on everyone, removing everyone's magic? What's stopping him from using John's speed, strength, and Shulk's ability to predict the future, sprint up to somebody, and rip their head off their shoulders?

Like I said, you created a scenario that cannot be won by your means, not without eliminating his copy ability.

As for only having a counter, what's stopping him from punching somebody? He has arms and legs, right?

Not trying to ruin anything, but that is simply why it won't work. Even a child knows how to throw a punch, so there's no excuse why Hyperion can't either.
                      Last edited by S121; 12-16-2013, 05:20 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

@Cuckoo
                        You got a problem with that?

sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@ Wriggs

just pointing out a fact which seems ironic when put next to what you just said before.

@ S121

...ya it screwed up as soon as I tried to make his counter work to a point where my scenario would be the only means. There's no way of making a situation where the characters would be forced to rely on others in AtWaG that doesn't involve something absurdly powerful and specific =w= bah I tried.

Comment

Godlike =/= God.

So who else is online?

sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

Yes, I can see that some Characters seem too well rounded, but not all of them follow the same system as Xenoblade. Some don't fit into specific categories because they weren't designed to be that way. Also, the reason why some of our Characters became well rounded is because some saw their weaknesses, and like real, living beings, tried to adapt and cover their weaknesses.

For example, John saw that everyone seemed to be able to dodge his bullets, and his armor piercing, high-explosive rounds simply bounced off most enemies, so he found better weapons (I am not sh*tting you, everyone was able to dodge/block/shrug off anti-tank rounds, save for the normal humans/misc. Characters that had no names.). Some of his abilities are simply because of plot, nothing more.

@Wriggle

I'm here.
                              Last edited by S121; 12-16-2013, 05:42 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Then it is time to catch em all!

If I need to update for anyone in AtWaP that is.

sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X