Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chen is usually alongside Ran or Yukari, or having a cheerful smile :P

EDIT: well then time to sleep, cya ^^
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Here's a funny image to tide you over until I'm done.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...st-d49bh1x.jpg

@Kristia

Nighty night.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
        Doppelgänger mimic's their abilities and still counters and even if their attack kills it, they kill themselves. Part of the challenge is to not kill yourself.
        Well, I can already see a counter to it. Hank. Hank can't truly die because of the Higher Powers constantly bringing him back, so if he lands the killing blow on it and dies himself, he'll simply come back. But the mimic can't come back because it's not Hank's own abilities bringing him back, but someone else. It's a win win situation.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@s121
          Nope, cause he is the god of existence he cannot be erased from it as he can control it to the point where even when he doesn't exist in one dimension, he still does in one. As there are infinite number of dimensions based upon the infinite alterations of it, it would take an infinite amount of energy to erase him. Killing him is the more efficient method as you can prevent any of the other instances of him from appearing to fill the opening which actually make him double as powerful.

I don't know how it works exactly but lets say there be a counter.
          So try again.
          Also do note that he is to be defeated by mere mortals in EG, and that I set it up so that is possible.

@mima
          Aye the original doppelganger doesnt prevent that which is why I switched to Hyperion of EG.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-16-2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

@Cucoo

Then by your logic, if he dies, the other ones will simply fill the vacancy. Does killing him in one dimension ensure that they won't interfere? Being erased is basically the same thing. He's not being erased from everybody'd minds, only from that point in time, onward, making it the equivalent of killing him. And as for the mortals killiing him, it was because they had a galactic-scale weapon. I'd like to know how they could survive the "auto-counter" though. How does the auto-counter work anyways? No ability exists without a reason. If you really want, here's a revised plan instead of an entirely new one, just to save time.

Yukari alters the boundary of strong/weak on Flandre, increasing her power to the galactic scale. Yukari would have enough power because if she was not powerful enough, she could just as easily adjust her power via the same method as Flandre. Flandre then "kyuus" him. No status effects are being used, she just takes his "eye" and crushes it. Simple, but effective. At that exact time, Yukari alters the boundary of immunity/susceptibility, protecting them from any potential negative backlash. As for the counterattack, this is where Seija plays an important role, if Yukari's counter didn't work. When the counterattack is triggered, Seija flips the counterattack, countering the counterattack. The attack would then do the opposite of what it was supposed to do. Instead of erasing everyone, it will do the opposite. They were all alive to begin with, so it would either have no effect, or even make them stronger by reinforcing their existence.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

@ S121

The way I had it work was that if you kill him, he is dead but he still exists therefore you kill him in all instances. If you simply erase him from one existence, then it would cause the scenario where he just becomes more powerful. That's how that works.

Now, again, he would still be able to counter Yukari's and Seija's abilities as well as Flandre's by mimicking their abilities and using the opposite. When Flandre tries to kill him, he would use the opposite ability of destruction, which is obviously creation.
              He could flip the flip of Seija and Yukari's boundary manipulation.

I'll give ya one more shot at solving how to beat him before I give a hint.

Comment

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't around much during the weekends. Was busy doing some stuff and got a bit too carried away with hanging out with some of the guys on the server.
                I'll get down to my Cole and CosmoNOTs posts very shortly. I'm assuming that Cucoo is waiting on me right now... (-_-; )
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Alright just for your information, I'll be back in my chair in about 3 hours from now, maybe a little more.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo
                    I was actually getting rather worried that I had missed it. Numerous pages worth of stuff and no ACO post in sight. At least, I now know that there's has been one as of yet.

Also, Touhou wallpapers? Sweet. I would download some myself. But thanks to Nastenary's awesomeness and generosity, I have all the wallpapers I could ever need.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Cucoo

Revised. I have covered all bases. The doppelganger will now be unable to react.

Yukari goes back in time to before the battle starts, or even before they met the doppelganger and tells Nue to make them unidentifiable. She also tells Kiene to alter the doppelganger's history, preventing him from retaliating. She is not directly affecting the doppelganger itself, only its history. The doppelganger will not be able to counter this because he doesn't even know who he's looking for now, and even then, he won't. Fast forward a couple days, and we're in the present, right before the battle.

Before the battle, Hina would remove all of Remilia's bad luck, making her capable of performing fate manipulation flawlessly, Remilia would alter fate so that they would kill the Doppelganger, Yukari would alter the boundary of strong/weak on Nue, and Nue makes the entire group non-identifiable, making it so that the doppelganger can't copy their abilities. Why? Because he now can not comprehend their abilities or their identities, meaning that he can't copy their abilities. They are now unknown people with unknown abilities. The group already knows their opponent, and he probably knows them too, BUT because of Nue's ability, he would not be able to tell it was them because they are now unknown, completely and utterly unknown. She essentially erased their identities.

Yukari alters the boundary of strong/weak on Sakuya and Kaguya, boosting their powers to godly levels. Next, Sakuya and Kaguya accelerates the entire group to unprecedented levels, allowing each person to react so fast that their very reaction time would warp reality. Then, they find the doppelganger and attack him. He would not have the reaction time yet, witch means that the group basically has all the time in the world to stop him. Yukari alters the boundary of strong/weak on Flandre, increasing her power to the galactic scale. Yukari would have enough power because if she was not powerful enough, she could just as easily adjust her power via the same method as Flandre. Flandre then "kyuus" him. No status effects are being used, she just takes his "eye" and crushes it. Simple, but effective. At that exact time, Yukari alters the boundary of immunity/susceptibility, protecting them from any potential negative backlash. As for the counterattack, this is where Seija plays an important role, if Yukari's counter didn't work. When the counterattack is triggered, Seija flips the counterattack, countering the counterattack. The attack would then do the opposite of what it was supposed to do. Instead of erasing everyone, it will do the opposite. They were all alive to begin with, so it would either have no effect, or even make them stronger by reinforcing their existence.

With this, he would not be able to counter because the abilities are unknown. You can't copy something you don't know about.
                      Last edited by S121; 12-16-2013, 01:29 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

@ S121

But he's still the god of existence and they still exist. Therefore he would still be able to know of their existence as well as their powers existing. Also I made it so that he could counter any time manipulation because of Aion in my story being the Master of Time. Even if you went back to when Hyperion was born, you would still have to face the current Hyperion. He could prevent Keine from altering his history. In my story, he fights Aion and the others through time itself.

Also this is no longer the doppelganger, it's Hyperion, just to clear that up. Sol is a Human turned Guardian of Time turned into Hyperion the God.

@ TRXD

Aye, I gotta a lot of stuff to update here. I didn't get to everyone yet.

Comment

@Cucoo

Then your battle in EG would be impossible. The only way to beat him in EG would be to have Hyperion have a moment of utter stupidity and allow the people to kill him in some plot-device way. How I see it, you designed him to only be beatable by the plot device, meaning that the battle would not be winnable without it, but even then, you keep making the argument that he'll counter any and every attqack. Who is to say that he won't counter the device and kill everybody in EG?

Tell me, how does he die? I'll tell you if it would actually work or not. Things don't really seem right with that.

As for Nue's abilities, it wouldn't be called unknown if they were knowable. That would be completely overlooking/discrediting her abilities. If you really want, I could also say that Yukari boosted her power too. She is the epitome of the unknown, and Hyperion may be the god of existence, but she would now be the god of the unknown. She is now the equivalent. You also forget Remilia's fate altering abilities. Because of that, their victory is inevitable. They aren't altering time, but they are altering the odds. They would eventually win. As for Sakuya and Kaguya, they're not affecting Hyperion, only the group. They are now faster than he could react, making any action he tries to perform, futile. He'll be dead before he knew what was going on.

You overlooked half my plan. -_-;
                          sigpic

Comment

Well the Improbability Drive could possibly beat him, or at least nullify him to a certain extent. The drive makes the reality, and thus existence around it more random and somewhat unstable. Since he manipulates existence, the instability might make it quite a bit harder to manipulate. It wouldn't be a true counter, but more of a Kryptonite. Weakening him a bit, and that would stack with more drives.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Key criteria: he has no health regen. He can't heal in battle with any abilities. Why attack him with something that would kill you (and the galaxy) instantly when you could attack him with something you can heal from?

Comment

Working...
                              X