X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even know why I care still about this...

It just makes it harder for me to write anything dramatic because if there's no weakness to exploit that doesn't involve blowing up the universe, it just doesn't seem interesting to me.
    ...to be honest I think I should just give up on AtWaG. It doesn't present any challenge to me cause everything is just get something bigger to win. If you don't have something powerful enough, then you can't do anything. The only way to make a challenge for the characters is to make something way to powerful, but even then, there's always a bigger gun.

I can't stand the 1 up system. I absolutely HATE it.
    That's why I brought Shulk in, because he isn't powerful in his own right, he just knows how to bring things down to his level so he can then beat them.

Gods I sound like a broken record.
    Still, the system is annoying the living crap out of me. I need to find a way to avoid having to interact with these things in AtWaG if I want to continue or I just forget everything about it and just retreat to EG.

Comment

You can just say Screw it and take it easy in AtWaP.

That's what my RP is for anyway, taking it easy when shit goes down in AtWaG.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

I'm back people.

Comment

@Cucoo

Then what would you have us do?

Xenoblade is just as guilty of the 1-up system as any other game. The Monado III is a god-slaying weapon. The normal Monado wasn't going to cut it for taking out Zanza, so what did they do? They got a better weapon. Even if it's the same weapon, it still needed to be upgraded before he could damage, or even hope to survive against Zanza.

The truth is that the 1-up system is common in games. If you can't find a way to beat a boss, get a better weapon, gain some levels, get better equipment, and try again. Sometimes you'll find strategies for particualr bosses, but in the end, you'll always need to rely on that new weapon you just found.

I'm going to be honest, I really don't think you should quit, but you should calm down. Sure, you were left behind in the story. That does not mean you make a big stink about it. (<--- That's when this whole mess started.) That has happened to me plenty of times, but I did not stir up too much of a fuss. Just relax and become flexible with your strict systems and class types. Following strict systems is not going to get you anywhere in this RP. You need to adapt, live and let go. Think like your Character, not how the game mechanics would have you fight. If I followed games to the letter, then John would be hitting people with his rifle and fighting like a robot. You can't follow the exact system like from the games, or else you will only be shooting yourself in the foot.

I want you to tell me your problem, not just parts, but the ENTIRE thing. I have already told you how you could take out most of the Characters, but you still insist that they are unbeatable. To beat them, you need a flexible mind, creativity when it comes to battle plans.

@SUSTIC

Welcome back!
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

I don't know, I'm working myself up into a frustrated state again =w=

For some reason, here in the RP, it just doesn't feel like there's any way to keep myself at a point where I feel not guilty of over powering my characters. I broke this when I used Grima. I felt like the only way to make Robin work in Season I was if I used the immortality of Grima to boost him to a point where he could do something. I broke the canon of the character to such a point where I felt like crap about it and wanted to just kill him off.
            A lot of the characters everyone is picking canonly is as powerful as they are, and I'm just looking desperately for something that is simpler to deal with.
            My brain is just not wired in such a fashion to comprehend something that is too powerful, otherwise I get headaches trying to think of specifics about it.
            I gotta just stop trying.

Oh and PS. The Monado actually only landed the final blow. You don't need it to beat him. It's like Grima. You only need Robin to land the final blow to kill him. Two Game Gods, beaten with mortal weapons. In essence, Ganondorf is more powerful than them as the only thing capable of hurting him are weapons like the Master Sword. The Nobodies and Heartless of Kingdom Hearts can only canonly be hurt by the Keyblades.
            I don't even know what my point is anymore. why do I keep going on about this?
            fuckit. let's keep going.

I need to update Palutena and Link
            What can I do with them here to progress things?

Comment

@S121

Thanks.

I'll be on mumble while playing Minecraft. Still don't have a mic though.

Comment

@SUSTIC

I'll be there soon.

@Cucoo

I think the reason why is simply because of that exact reason. To be honest, I think you overlook your Characters' potential and are afraid of pissing us off by a misstep in terms of OPness.

With Robin, he should be able to quickly come up with battle strategies and rain down magic on his enemies, all while swinging his sword to fend off charging enemies. He was truly a powerful Character, and really had special traits. As for Morrigan, if she's as powerful as you say she is, then she would be really helpful. I already know what Link's capable of, and I think he might be your most dangerous Character.

Don't worry about having your Characters pack a punch. If you go to far, we'll tell you. No harm done, forgive and forget. You don't need to strictly monitor yourself like that. We monitor each other. You're doing our job. Of course, you should try to be as fair, but don't handicap yourself. If you are unsure about a particular upgrade/powerful move/whatever, we will all be there to provide feedback. Some aspects of your suggestions will be scrutinized and would need to be altered, but that is how the process works. That's how I came up with some of John's stuff. I asked everyone what they thought, and they gave me feedback. I went back to the drawing board, reworked some stuff, and showed them again.

Just remember this, and you'll be fine.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone I'm back finally. I can't take a actual picture of all the things I bought because of bed bugs, but I can photoshop a picture to give you a idea of what I bought.
                  Spoiler:
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                    Darn it, Katrix. You're making me want to watch Madoka Magica even more!
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Im...
                      So...
                      Jealous!

paruparuparuparu paruparuparuparu paruparuparuparu paruparuparuparu paruparuparuparu paruparuparuparu

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Speaking of Madoka, here's some music from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-J5UegrkXw
                        sigpic

Comment

@ S121
                          that's pretty much it, though with Shulk and Robin, most of their abilities requires coordination by others.
                          And ya, Morgan is her father's daughter (mother's son depending on Robin's gender) So she/he's as potent as he/she is and then has every other ability under the sun.

...though I'm still scared about things that Shulk can do with like Monado Purge, Cyclone, and Eater. They inflict status effects and are the more potent. You know what Purge can do, Cyclone can inflict Topple (knocks down enemies and lowers their defense) and Eater inflicts bleed and its power is dependent on the number of buffs and debuffs it has.
                          If I went in swinging, I could cripple anything with Shulk (the whole part of him being able to bring powerful enemies down to his level).

Edward Kenway is an Assassin with Instakill moves (which he needs for more powerful opponents, because in a straight up fight, he can be overpowered.) Though he's actually more a realistic character as the developers kept a lot of things true to reality...except for...leap of faith.

There's just some things I can see too often being points that...you guys would fight me on with some counter.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-16-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Well I've already read the Madoka magica by this time, but I have to wait about 2-3 days until I can read Kazumi Magica. I was considering to buy the first volume of Oriko Magica instead of the two volumes of Kazumi Magica, but I decided that more is better. Oh and TRXD, you should really watch it. Oh and this is nothing compared to what I'll get for Christmas

Spoiler:

Sadly we haven't ordered it yet so it won't arrive in time for Christmas
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                              I know... I've been really, really meaning to! It's at the very top of my Anime Watch List. I'll start watching it on Friday as Thursday is last day for my college before holidays.
                              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

At least you can watch it on youtube legally in decent quality.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X