X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Under how it is now, please tell me how this guy will be able to do any damage.

Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Im on my phone atm

Once my classes are done ill look

The trick is to do something as soon as purge wears off.
      Purge is preventative.
      Most other monado arts block.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-27-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

ha! Renamon can still kick ass with her martial arts and Nera with her natural abilities!

(back to work ><)
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Man... Derping around on KYM's images section while playing TF2 can be fun sometimes. Speaking of images, here's a little gem that I found:

IT'S TOO CUTE!!! (>////<) And it's a very nice parallel to myself considering that I am very much like Patchouli and that one of my favorite Pokémon is Espeon.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Cucoo

That guy in the video have lower health than normal. He is not meant to be continually hit like he would with Monado Purge. He wouldn't live to see the end.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Okay I will ask this ONE MORE TIME PEOPLE!

Who all needs an update in all the RP's I'm in. This includes TSU, ATWAG, and any other RP I so happen to be in.

Comment

@Cucoo

Then would Monado purge negate pacemakers, glasses, and all the other "buffs" as well? Like I said before, I'm okay with abilities, as long as we define them, but what do we do about technology/tools? We can't just negate one and not look at the others, but at the same time, it could create some ludicrous results, such as people dropping dead, due to pacemakers suddenly being negated. as example, let's use a Spartan. They are augmented with biomechanical and genetic augmentations. Would those be negated as well? Of course, you would end up killing a Spartan if that was the case, especially since you would affect their very bones. Would it be considered a trait, or a buff, considering that it does increase their abilities, Then again, you'll end up with really strange effects, such as Ceramic Carbide being breakable. What I'm trying to get at is that some characters are so intertwined with their "buffs" that they are a part of them. Would The Monado affect night vision goggles and glasses, considering that they help you see?

I really think affecting science is a bad thing, not because of it negating abilities, but because it would be affecting things that would be considered tools and physiology, but that if we ignore them, the dilemma could create some odd results.

If the Monado really does affect tools in Xenoblade, then give us proof. Show us in a video, or something else. Yes, there are Mechons, but they are a blend of science and magic, aren't they?

Perhaps it's how I view tools, but I simply see them as having their own inherent uses, and that their inherent ability is not directly buffing the user like magic would. The tools' abilities are simply a part of their nature.

You see why I would be confused and hesitant about it, right?

@SUSTIC

TSU, IP, and ATWAG (London and California).
                Last edited by S121; 01-27-2014, 05:47 PM.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

@katrix
                  Contrary to what you would think: the monado is weak in offense.

@s121

I already defined what abilities it affects in a prior post, straight from wiki

Battle arts.
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-27-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

@Katrix
                    Added to the fact that Youkais would have their physical resilience sealed alongside their abilities, all there left for Shulk to do is to cut them once and that's it.

Or we could have the physiology of the Youkais and-

Wait that means...
                    Reimu Marisa Sakuya and other humans would just be that... Humans...
                    which means one shot from Monado will...

@Cuckoo
                    As long as Shulk stays in our side I'm ok.

I'm just worried about Jack and his Monado.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

@wriggs

Jack has Monado I
                      You have nothing to worry about.

Unless your a killer robot.

Based on the fighter games of touhou, i see nothing they need to worry about.

Comment

Roll call. Looking for Pringles Kristi Cuckoo and Wonder.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

I'm not worried about the person wielding the Monado, but the people fighting besides him. If it was just a fight one vs one I guess it would take something like 10 minutes for Zexion to be defeated. If there were someone else there however it would maybe take just a minute or less.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo

So it won't affect "buffs" and abilities granted from technology? That's what I was talking about.

It's just that when you guys were talking about negating the teleportation module that Shulk and Edward's enemy had, along with what you told Wriggle, I saw it as the Monado affecting tools, such as the teleportation module. How I see it, their enemy has the ability to pull that weird arms ability, then he has the teleportation device as a tool, a machine used to teleport.

@Wriggle

Here.
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

No no, it can.
                              Used in battle.
                              Anything used as a buff, a TEMPORARY BOOST, for combat prowess, will be removed and sealed.

Comment

@Cucoo

I think I found the reason why it needs to affect people in some different way. Luxord have a very interesting ability, time manipulation. This is his health bar. If he loses this, he loses his health bar which means that he dies.

Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X