'Kay.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

There.

Shulk and Kenway are done.

Comment

@Katrix
        *mega clang* Sh*t! I did not see your post! Damn it. Well, it's a good thing that my post was rushed and rather bad. It means that I can rewrite it with Sinuada (or whatever her name is) in mind.

@Wriggle
        You may want to delete any posts directed at Trista. Need to rewrite mine.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Trx
          None was even posted. I just made an update for Lynne and Sha Yun waiting.

Sha Yun forced Lynne to play League of Legends xD

[Edit]With that, everyone is done. Now we need Pringles, Kristi, Cuckoo, and Wonder at one time to continue.

[ANOTHER edit]WOO HOO 5000TH
          Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 01-27-2014, 01:18 PM.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
            Love it. I can just imagine it now. Trista walks in on the two of them intensely playing League and she just stands in the front door all confused over the whole thing.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Lynne is in Diamond 1. Go figure :/
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

@ TRXD

For the sake of story progression (since too much will happen in a fantasy week of AtWaG time)
                Let's start to have Cole and Flandre start to show symptoms of the toxin starting to suppress their abilities.

Let's have them develop something similar to the common cold, shall we?

Comment

Hm.. I remember that Renamon managed to break many of your attempts cucoo, and everything is canon stuff XD
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

against the Monado?

Oh and Where should we drop Midna and Link into the Real world?

Comment

@Cucoo
                      *facedesk followed by a clang* I thought I had forgotten something. The fact that Cole and Flandre are semi-important in the ACO arc. Yeah... If you had not noticed, I have been a massive slowpoke and not posted on AtWaG. I seriously cannot think up of anything. That's why I've been branching off a bit and focusing more on TSU and my own RP.
                      But thinking about the toxin, it seems highly reasonable. I was going to have the two of them have a little fight against each other. Just a little playtime, nothing more. During this fight, both of them might figure out that the toxin is affecting them by then.

Comment

lol no cucoo, I meant about the spies, infections, hacking their bodies, etc

and you can drop the twili and hylian wherever you want
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ TRXD

That would work fine

and don't worry, Things are still lining up. With banished library coming to a close, things are going to get moving in other areas.

Next thing I need to make sure gets progressed is California so that Eleos can get freed up for usage there...
                          And Washington Arc needs to progress so that Morgan and Robin can get used there which ties up the loose end of Grima from season I.
                          I want to tie that up so that is taken care of and fulfil anything that might be linked to.

Once that happens, then ACO VS SCAE can get up and running a bit more.

@ Kristia

ah right.
                          And that will be useful actually for what I have in mind....

And...hrrrrm

....Might drop them in Washington D.C. to accelerate that....
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-27-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.

@Wriggle and Cucoo

Just to pick up what you guys were saying about Monado Purge, what exactly would be considered an ability?

To be honest, I think that the definition is a little too vague, especially with how the Monado can negate science.

Is there evidence that The Monado can negate science? Does it happen in game?

Also, what would be considered an ability? I could say that a pacemaker gives me the ability to remain alive. Night vision goggles give me the ability to see in the dark. Ability can also mean strength, agility, intelligence, and other things along those lines. I think that's the problem. Instead of negating buffs, it's going into the territory of down-right making electronics no longer work. If you think about it, all electronics are independent of the user. They do not grant buffs or anything of the sort. They are simply tools. They are not directly buffing the user, they are simply being used as tools, just as an Ipod, phone, or toothbrush would be used.

I don't know about you guys, but something seems off to me.

We also need to find an exact definition of ability, or else we run into the problem of science vs magic, along with what is considered an ability. I'll use an extreme to make my point. I have the ability to breathe, yet I highly doubt the Monado can take away that ability. You see, it's an ability that is intrinsic to being. Now, with that argument, you could say that natural abilities are intrinsic to a person's being, and that The Monado removing them would be the same as removing the intrinsic ability to walk, or any other ability. If we wanted to take it a step further, we could say that a Youkai's abilities are intrinsic to their being. Why? Because their ability is them, their very core aspect. Their bodies are simply manifestations of an idea. Now that I have explained what an intrinsic ability is, you can see why things are a little bit more complicated than you would think. Now, I'm pretty sure that the Monado is referring to magic-based that aren't necessarily needed for living, but the argument I'm making is that some abilities are very similar to the Youkai power example. What about people with incredible speed, strength, or intelligence? What about people that are more durable than most? What about Nera with her steel bones, or John with his enhanced bones? Would those be negated? Of course, if you negate those, then you are altering a person's physiology, something that makes them who they are, a trait. Just what is a power but an extraordinary physiological trait?

As for buffs, tools would be hard to define, because truthfully, tools are simply there. They don't imbue the person with abilities, they are simply switched on and used. If we wanted to, we could say that an oxygen tank imbues a person with the ability to breathe underwater, granting them a buff. Would it suddenly shut off the oxygen tank? Sunglasses would grant a person a buff that would allow them to resist blindness effects. Would the sunglasses suddenly be negated? What about glasses for those that are near-sighted? Would those be negated as well, considering that they buff a person's ability to see? You see, things are really much more complicated when you start negating science, because when you negate one device, you have to start looking at others, looking at what would be considered a buff, and what wouldn't.

We need an EXACT definition, or else things will remain up for debate, and the system would be vague. Just what is an ability? Just what is a buff? Where do we draw the line between tool, buff, physiological trait, and power?

Now, for the record, I'm against negating science-based "buffs" because when you negate one item, then you would need to look at others, and when you do that, you get strange scenarios such as negating pacemakers, respirators, reading glasses, and all those other things. As for abilities, I'm neutral on that, but we NEED to give an exact definition, or else we WILL run into problems later on.
                            Last edited by S121; 01-27-2014, 03:52 PM.
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

@Pringles
                              Don't ask me lad :3
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

You can see where the problem lies though, right?

This topic is not as clear-cut as you would think, and because of that, we'll need to sit down and take a look at it.
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X