Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ S121

AMD.
    ...aaaand any jelly is now gone (Intel Purist. It's Intel or bust.) It's a decent budget thing but...eeeeh.

and ya
    GPU = Graphics Processing Unit = Graphics Card (i.e. Nvidia) or whatever runs your graphics

Comment

@Cucoo

Which one would you say is the best CPU?

Anyways, the graphics card is one of the only things that didn't get updated, one of the only things left over from my old computer. It's an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@ S121

well intel now has 4th Gen of the 3 main types (in order of lowest to highest performance: i3, i5, i7)
        i5 is like...minimum for anything of the media caliber. i7 is gamers dream.
        It works like this: forget the existence of i3 cause your a gamer. that leaves i5 and i7. on a budget? i5. Going all out? i7. that's how intel works
        ...and aye Nvidia has phased that GPU outta the list. it's in the 600-700 series.

And just be wary cause it doesn't really say if its 3rd or 4th gen. Most would say there isn't that big a difference, but I say otherwise (though there might be just OS difference between win7 and 8 i'm noticing...)

I don't know if this still applies but normally an intel CPU has a 4 digit number with it. the first number is the gen. (i.e. i5-3_ _ _ vs i5-4 _ _ _)
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-09-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, it gets the job done, so I can't complain. It's A LOT better than the computer I was using when my motherboard failed.

The computer ran on Windows XP, am MS - 7284 VER: 1.1 motherboard, and Dial-up internet capabilities. I have no idea what CPU it has, but It's most likely something from early 2000. It's a "Gateway" pre-built computer.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

I have a computer. It no work no moar (feels stoopid around all of this tech talk)

Comment

@ S121

Gateway computers still exist?
              waitwut
              The last I saw one was in my basement in a box...and it ran Win 98

Comment

Hey guys I'm back. I kinda fell asleep...

Comment

@Cucoo

I have a question to test your knowledge on OLD tech.

Do you know what dial-up is?

@Wonder

The only reason I know about computers is because my did taught me, mainly how to repair them.

@SUSTIC

Welcome back!
                  sigpic

Comment

@S121

So did you get your one computer fixed and stuff now?

Comment

People look into computers to know which one to buy. I have a sinple method. If it's a computer, it's now my computer. Doesn't work? Repeat steps 1 and 2.

Comment

@SUSTIC

Yep. I'm using it right now. I can now play Minecraft with the graphics all the way up, while having 40 tabs open in Chrome at the same time!

@Wonder

Hopefully it's not already owned.

"It's mine now." XD
                        sigpic

Comment

@S121

Woot!

Anyways I'll be playing Elsword while I try to think up a post.

Comment

@ S121

The sound still rings in my head.
                            as for what it is...it's the same phone tech except used for the internet.
                            in a sense...it's like calling a server. literally.

@ Wonder + S121

The reason I know is because I'm that type of gamer to a degree. I know my hardware to a basic degree. not like those that can tell ya how to force...what was it...specular occlusion or something along those lines.
                            Though I say that's more programing knowledge and how to exploit your hardware. I'm basics. Like I can tell ya when you're getting ripped off.

Comment

@Cucoo

Yea, for me, I specialize in solving computer problems and troubleshooting. I know a little bit about hardware, but not very much, just enough to get by.
                              sigpic

Comment

SERIOUSLY WHY DOES MY MIND GO BLANK WHEN I GO TO WRITE A POST!?

Comment

Working...
                                X