X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

What makes it even funnier is the fact that it plays off your name, too.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

I know that's why I think it would work out

Anyway I just realized I could use a better name for her ability to see Fissures...
      And I think I might have found an equivalent to the concept...

Omnichronal Perception and Temporal Awareness

Omnichronal Perception:
      The user can see every event across all of the infinite timelines simultaneously. They know instantly when and how something happened or will happen regardless of what timeline an event occurred.
      Temporal Awarness:
      The user is able to sense and detect any alterations in the time-stream, allowing them to discern alternate timelines and the like. They can use this to detect alternate timelines and sense users of Time Travel, such as a future version of themselves appearing in the past, the user will know that they are not from the time immediately.
      Temporal Awareness might apply better to Vatians than Selene but a similar explanation could possibly be used to how she can sense the presence of a Fissure and then the Omnichronal Perception could explain what happens when she looks into a Fissure. However each fissure might be tied to one point in time rather than all. Or perhaps that's what she's trying to refine...
      Maybe it is as Omnichronal Perception is and Selene wants to try and control what she sees...

Comment

@Cucoo

That could very well be the case. I think it could work.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Aye and then the last thing would be...
          Do I stick with Izayoi as Selene's last name or do I do something completely different?
          Part of me wants to do something different because the Sakuya references is already abundant enough... it might help to make it less obvious.

Comment

@Cucoo

Perhaps a name chance would be in order. After all, she is her own character.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah... at this point she is less Sakuya and more OC. To say she is related to the time manipulating maid would be odd...

... and I have no idea what I could do for her last name...

Last names were not my forte... Aion is a perfect example of that.

The history of Aion's name
              1) Arrow McLightning
              2) Arrow Leonares
              3) Aion Leonares
              truth is I'm still not happy with his last name but I'm at the point where I'm just going with it cause it's a hell of a lot better than what it was.

Comment

@Cucoo

I feel bad for laughing. It's a little bit like naming someone "Cool guy McBadass".

Enough of me teasing, back to naming. To be honest, I have not been the best at naming characters either, so I use the Internet to find one for me.

Look up "name meanings" or "last name meanings". When I can't come up with a name, I use that and take a name that has a meaning that relates to the character.
                sigpic

Comment

oh trust me
                  I laugh and go "what was I thinking"
                  I think I was like... 12 at the time so... yeah....
                  It was actually Star Fox that influenced it...
                  Man that feels like ages ago...

And you know... I was thinking about possible name meanings I could use and thought "Ah could do moon"
                  But then I realized...
                  Selene already references the moon.
                  If her last name meant moon...

She would be Moon Moon.
                  ...which would also mean her mother in EG would be Moon Moon...
                  I...almost want to do it...
                  ...stop me please...

Oh so I looked up the other translations of time in latin

tempus

Temple, time, season, moment, period, CASE

aevum

age, time, eternity, lifetime, time of life, years

dies

day, time, timespan, space of time, lifetime, day-time

hora

hour, time, season

aetas

age, period, period of time, time, lifetime, era

memoria

memory, recollection, remembrance, recall, time, event

momentum

moment, weight, importance, instant, momentum, time

mora

delay, clog, Pause, wait, drawback, time

locus

place, terrain, post, room, SEAT, time

stlocus

place, post, office, position, terrain, time

tempestas

storm, tempest, weather, season, time, period

saeclum

age, century, generation, race, period of one generation, time
                  I think the third one would work more for Aion's new last name: Aion Dies.

Might just use Aetas for Selene and thus Luna's last name
                  Selene Aetas
                  Luna Aetas

Comment

@Cucoo

I think that name would work for her.

As for Aion, my brother said that he was cursed from the start. XD
                    sigpic

Comment

aye

ok so now I just want to expand on personality and bio

...because I think I'm being too concise again

and then refine the function of the seven clocks to be more factual.

Spoiler:

Name: Selene Aetas

Race: Human

Bio:
                      A young girl with no magical capabilities aside from one peculiar ability that allows her to see points in space that serve as windows to any point in time. Her parents, whom she has little to no memory of, gave her 7 enchanted clocks that allow her to perform various time manipulation abilities. She is curious to see if she could utilize these devices to exploit these fissures and possibly learn more about her own past and future.

Magic Ability: Omnichronal Perception (See notes below)

Luggage: 3 sets of clothes, a bag, and the seven clocks that are the only memento of her parents.

Appearance:
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler: Pictures that inspired her appearance

Take hairstyle of first, combine with look and theme of second.

Notes:
                      Green eyes, often her hair is messy "bed-head". Add a belt that has seven analogue clocks on the right side, held on by clip and chain.

Why did you come to the University?: To refine her ability to see into fissures.

Personality:
                      Often she seems ditzy and lazy, despite being extremely energetic and tending to do things without thinking. She will tend to sacrifice her own "reputation" to cheer up anyone by going to extremes that would normally be uncalled for.

Most likely to be late for everything.

Other:

The seven clocks on her belt are the source of her ability to manipulate time

Here was the basic premise of each:
                      Spoiler:

Clock 1: Time speed manipulation.
                      A dial could adjust the relative speed of time. So take an analogue clock and imagine her turning the dial to make it slower or faster. And that represents what she's doing to actual time.

Clock 2: Time rewind
                      A clock that goes backwards only to as far as 12 hrs. Think Time Turner from Harry Potter. I have a feeling she would abuse it to cheat on tests... which would be funny considering that she doesn't use it to actually wake herself up or something so that she can actually be on time. I intend on her being somewhat of a ditzy kinda character who, despite all of this, is always late.

Clock 3: Temporal Duplication
                      Similar to clock 2 but designed to only loop a small moment when obtaining a small object (like a cookie) and thus somehow permit the ability to duplicate said object. She might abuse this on food and I can imagine scenes where she's just suddenly eating something like chips making a lot of noise when she's supposed to be quiet.

Clock 4: Total time stop
                      Sakuya tier time stopping. The clock on her belt appears to not be working but when she pops in the dial it starts working, but stops time in general. Affect only lasts for 12 hrs total until she has to "rewind" the clock which might require some sort of magic or something special to charge it. She named it Kairos and is the second clock to have a name.

Clock 5: Chronolock
                      This clock shall be Aeternitas. Capable of shifting her into a different timestream so that she cannot be affected by anything of the normal timestream and she cannot affect anything as well. She would almost appear as a ghost when in this state.

User exists outside of time and space and as such are immune to just about anything that would affect or harm them: if time should stop then the user would not be affected. If reality would change, the user would remember both the previous and have knowledge of differences from the old to the new. If the area around the user explodes or the planet which they are on vanish or does not exist any more the user is not affected since they do not exist inside space.
                      This is where Aeternitas is powerful but also has its own limits: it would be like clock 4 only having 12 hours before needing to be rewound. How it is rewound I don't know. It might not be able to...

Clock 6: A normal clock

Clock 7: A "normal clock" enchanted to be in tune with Selene's time. So if she stops time for 12 hours and you caught a glimpse of this one, you would realize that it's off by 12 hours.

Part of me wants to say that Selene has no combat ability, save for some normal hand-to-hand. I could imagine something like a scene from Indiana Jones where she's expecting a fist fight but then gets blasted back by magic.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, so first off is bio. We need to come up with a backstory for her. First off, how would her patents have been separated from her? Are they dead or alive?
                        sigpic

Comment

...that's actually something I never considered for her in EG...

So to kill two birds with one stone...

In EG she's the daughter of Luna and Sol...
                          I never figured out when exactly she came into being and how she got to Nexion system...

Actually the concept of Temporal Awareness might help a slight bit...
                          Because of Revere.
                          Revere could have had some hand in getting Selene to Nexion... And maybe Aetheron was in on it as well and he was how Selene got from.... uh... Sol and Luna to Revere.
                          If Selene grew up briefly around Revere, her senses could have been dulled slightly because she would think that what she was "sensing" when in Revere's presence was nothing unusual and therefore meant nothing.

But for how this all fits into the timeline...
                          ...it's like playing tetris with characters...

Figuring that out might help to set up her situation in TSU.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, so where shall we start first?
                            sigpic

Comment

First...
                              when and where is she born, how is it she's taken away to Nexion system.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ehh...

Ok, when would she have been born? It would have to be before Sol loses his mind.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X