X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wriggle

Go ahead, you can make a Borderlands RP.

Comment

I barely know anything about Borderlands, only played a bit of 2 and that's it.

Sent by Tapatalk
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I`m so in into that RP

WRIGGLE!!

I DEMAND FOR GAIGE!!
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Sus and Zekai

True.

@Trouble

Ahh, I see.

@Cucoo

I see how that could work.

As for Serene, would it make sense if she could see the fissures in the past, present, and furure? Better yet, what if she could see what things were, what they are, and what they could be?

@Serene

There's ATWAG with Carl.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@s1
            That second option sounds legit...
            Sounds like that time wound concept in Skyrim... Except no need for Elder Scroll.

Ok next... The artfact Aeternitas. It's origins and function...

In EG it is an artifact of Heaven's Forge that is capable of granting the wielder control over time. Not as potent as Aion's ability as he commands time directly, but as an artificial means it allows for similar effects.

How could I convert this?

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Maybe one or both of her parents were powerful chronomages, and that artifact was enchanted by them as a gift for their daughter.

Like you said, it's not overly powerful, but it allows some control over time.

What are your thoughts?
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah that might work...
                Selene herself might have zero ability with magic aside from being able to see the fissures. So kinda like trying to help someone who is "disabled" (in this case magically disabled) they made her Aeternitas.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

That could work. Perhaps she might even have other items that function in the same way, allowing her multiple time altering abilities.

What do you think?
                  sigpic

Comment

...All I could imagine from that is a utility belt of various clocks. Each one controlling an aspect of time manipulation...
                    ...If I can find enough aspects that is...

Ok diving into that one wiki

concepts could be:

Clock 1: Time speed manipulation.
                    A dial could adjust the relative speed of time. So take an analogue clock and imagine her turning the dial to make it slower or faster. And that represents what she's doing to actual time.

Clock 2: Time rewind
                    A clock that goes backwards only to as far as 12 hrs. Think Time Turner from Harry Potter. I have a feeling she would abuse it to cheat on tests... which would be funny considering that she doesn't use it to actually wake herself up or something so that she can actually be on time. I intend on her being somewhat of a ditzy kinda character who, despite all of this, is always late.

Clock 3: Temporal Duplication
                    Similar to clock 2 but designed to only loop a small moment when obtaining a small object (like a cookie) and thus somehow permit the ability to duplicate said object. She might abuse this on food and I can imagine scenes where she's just suddenly eating something like chips making a lot of noise when she's supposed to be quiet.

Clock 4: Total time stop
                    Sakuya tier time stopping. The clock on her belt appears to not be working but when she pops in the dial it starts working, but stops time in general. Affect only lasts for 12 hrs total until she has to "rewind" the clock which might require some sort of magic or something special to charge it. I feel like this one should have a name and be significant...

Clock 5: Chronolock
                    This clock shall be Aeternitas. Capable of shifting her into a different timestream so that she cannot be affected by anything of the normal timestream and she cannot affect anything as well. She would almost appear as a ghost when in this state.

User exists outside of time and space and as such are immune to just about anything that would affect or harm them: if time should stop then the user would not be affected. If reality would change, the user would remember both the previous and have knowledge of differences from the old to the new. If the area around the user explodes or the planet which they are on vanish or does not exist any more the user is not affected since they do not exist inside space.
                    This is where Aeternitas is powerful but also has its own limits: it would be like clock 4 only having 12 hours before needing to be rewound. How it is rewound I don't know. It might not be able to...

Clock 6: A normal clock

Clock 7: A "normal clock" enchanted to be in tune with Selene's time. So if she stops time for 12 hours and you caught a glimpse of this one, you would realize that it's off by 12 hours.

Part of me wants to say that Selene has no combat ability, save for some normal hand-to-hand. I could imagine something like a scene from Indiana Jones where she's expecting a fist fight but then gets blasted back by magic.

Comment

@Cucoo

Those sound like good abilities to me. As for clock 4, what should it be named?
                      sigpic

Comment

After digging I think...
                        Kairos
                        Kairos (καιρός) is an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment). The ancient Greeks had two words for time, chronos and kairos. While the former refers to chronological or sequential time, the latter signifies a time lapse, a moment of indeterminate time in which everything happens.
                        Kinda fits it's function like a glove...

Though now I should probably refine her personality by further developing her past...
                        So we can say that she had parents that developed these devices to allow her to use time and possibly exploit her natural ability of seeing time fissures.
                        Now if I were to use the same theme as I had in EG, she probably wouldn't know her parents outside of these clocks.
                        Then the final thing would be... how did she get to the point that would be TSU?
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-07-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hmm...

Maybe the reason she came to TSU was to somehow learn to expand her abilities, either to learn how to use time magic, or refine her sight so that she could see who her parents were.
                          sigpic

Comment

The latter might be more plausible as she is incapable of using magic.

So she's there to see if she can expand upon her ability and she has a belt with 7 analogue clocks that grant her normal time manipulation abilities. (It's stylish aaaand functional~)
                            Her personality... I wanna say ditzy but I don't think that exactly is the word I'm looking for.
                            She abuses the abilities of the clocks and even her vision... but for trivial things.
                            ...Actually that might be it.
                            She has no discipline. She does what she wants, when she wants to... which makes her seem ditzy. She is professional grade slacker and often would lounge about looking like she just got out of bed even if she's been awake for hours.

...is there a better way I could phrase this a bit more concisely...?

I should also probably get on transcribing this down...

Comment

@Cucoo

Maybe she's a little bit of a "cloud cucoo-lander"?

I'm not sure if that is an accurate description. What do you think?
                              sigpic

Comment

That would be kinda funny...
                                Personality: "Cloud Cucoo-Lander"

makes sense but at the same time doesn't, which makes it perfect...but...

...eh... I'm going to go and try to rough-draft an app to see if I can figure it out...

Comment

Working...
                                X