X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may not be a psychiatrist or anything, but if you ever need to vent you can vent on me via a PM or just here in General. We've all vented our anger and stuff here in the past. I'm sure you could do the same.

Comment

@everyone

Back from work.

What did I miss? How was your day?

@Wonder

In the end, it's all up to you. Personally, I find that talking about one's problems tends to not only relieve stress, but can also reveal perspectives you may not have thought of before. Just know that you are not alone here. You always have us.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@S121

Hey S1. My day has been good. A little on the slow side, but good.

Had to take part in a 3 hour Tea Party with my 4 year old niece though which was a bit... meh.

Anyways Wriggle is planning on joining EG.

Comment

Well I'm joining EG with a plethora of new characters.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Really? Well I now have a feeling things will be getting a little more interesting.

What kind of characters do you have in mind?

@Sus

As for me, I started the workday on a strong note and finished strong as well. I also had to deal with a guy at work that doesn't seem to like me very much.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

@S121

Oh. Well what was your "strong note" for the beginning of your workday? Also what makes you think this guy you does not like you very much?

Comment

@Sus

I came into work right after drinking a Monster, but was extremely focused. I moved very quickly, thought quickly, was resourceful when we ran I ran out of carts, and got a 3 man job done in 2 hours.

As for the guy, he tends to use passive aggressive behavior on me and would covertly try and get the psychological upper hand. At first I thought he just had a habit of rubbing people the wrong way, but after a couple days, I saw the signs. One day, I was having a particularly bad day, and he decided to mess with me. I didn't do anything physical to him, but he pissed me off, so I psychologically studied him and learned that he likes to be in control. That, and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to me. He tends to try and outperform me, cutting me off when we are delivering items, attempting to race me in any task we are assigned together, attempting to make my job harder by purposely cluttering my work area, talking behind my back, throwing boxes right past my head as I'm working on a pallet, bumping into me hard with boxes without so much as an apology, and telling me to do things that I was right about to do. He lets his ego get in the way of work, deciding to play this covert game of wits. I was a little confused about it and asked one of my other co-workers if I'm the only one that sees this. As it turned out, the guy is not very well liked by many of the group because he treats them like crap. Since they told him off, he was looking to me as a new target, and because I didn't talk much at the time, he thought I was an easy target.

Because of this, I decided that enough was enough and began using my own form of "passive-aggressiveness". It's more like aggressive-passiveness. I used my speed as an advantage and quickly got my work done, occasionally got in his personal space, but not blatantly, used my strength and size advantage over him as an intimidation tactic, and when he tried to retaliate with a few actions of his own, I would act as if it didn't phase me in the least. That, and I removed his sense of control over me by always looking cheery while working, humming music, looking him in the eye when I talked to him, smiled as I did so, and gave the orders instead of getting them from him.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really like being an a$$hole to anyone. It feels wrong. The only thing that I have to rationalize it is that unlike him, it's all in defense of myself and only happens when he strikes first. When he doesn't, I treat him with respect and kindness, even attempting to talk with him and try and pacify the situation, but he always goes into his habits of tossing boxes right past my head as I'm working on a pallet, trying to order me around, and other things.
                Last edited by S121; 02-02-2015, 05:47 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

I had a heck of a weekend going from great to terrible and viceversa
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

How so?
                    sigpic

Comment

A rollercoaster of misunderstandings, arguing, and crying with my inner demons and my girlfriend

It started with us having a meal in school because of a project, then her friends came in and asked her for a party, I didn't mind her going to it since she is the social one of us, but I was asked to go too.

While Im good with people I trust, I have a hard time with trying to get to know others, so it wasn't easy to be there, I was a loner in the house, even had no drinks while Rebeca partied as much as she could.

The icing in the cake was the fact that this woman isn't better than me to handle alcohol, I was exhausted and the fuse was short, then the arguing started, I don't even know who started, but it escalated to insulting each other.

That is when she hit a nerve with something deeply personal of me. I saw her sobering up the instant she finished, but the dagger was already plunged. I just sat on my bed and slept, the next day was of me going on automatic, it's wonder I managed to talk here

Things did go back to normal after the hang over and dealing with the situation of trust, I know the beer was talking, but it hurt hearing her. After the whole fiasco, she spologized and we talked about it.
                      Last edited by Kristia; 02-02-2015, 08:06 AM.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

(Sorry for being unresponsive. I guess I was a little more exhausted by yesterday than I thought and fell asleep.)

It was not a good day, was it?... Is everything alright?
                        sigpic

Comment

And that, friends, is why alcohol helps absolutely nothing.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

Welcome back!

Well then again, alcohol is good when you need to sterilize something and have nothing else on hand, as well as its flammability, but I suppose that's beside the point. Alcohol makes us dumb.

Anyways, do I need to post for you in EG with Ethan, or do you need to?
                            sigpic

Comment

S121 Inbox is full

Comment

I HATE snow. Just had a 24 hour snowfall ending a bit ago and have 2+ feet of snow and unburying cars and shoveling it all SUCKS TO ALL HELL!!

Am I needed anywhere?

Sent by Tapatalk
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X