X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wriggle

Well, it's over now, so the best we can do is learn from this and understand that it is quite easy for us all to get defensive and stop listening to one another. It is common human nature to be like that.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

If I recall humans in general tend to get... defensive when someone responds in a harsh/strict way/fashion.

In a lighter topic punching Zombies in the face in Unturned is fun. If you do not know what Unturned is it's a free FPS Zombie Survival game with Robloxish style graphics. Recently the beta for the next major update is out and the map is actually like a real freaking map. Cities are the sizes of ACTUAL CITIES instead of just freaking couple of houses and a store.

Comment

@Sus

Do you have a link to a pic of it? I actually have no idea what roblox is.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Roblox is a game that has... pretty shitty graphics especially when compared to Minecraft. Roblox's graphics physically make my eyes hurt.

This is just the graphics style Unturned

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...g?t=1419023354

Simple graphics, but far more pleasing to the eye than Roblox. Also graphics aren't everything in a game. The graphics in Unturned I can get by because the gameplay is actually becoming more ENTERTAINING as the guy is updating it.

Comment

@Sus

Ahh, I see.

I'll admit, the image is a little bit of an eyesore, but as you said, graphics aren't everything.

What are you able to do in the game?
            sigpic

Comment

@S121

The image was from Unturned, not Roblox. The graphics of Unturned are a LOT better than Roblox despite it being far more simple.

Anyways in Unturned you... survive. Look for food, tools, weapons, and equipment by scavenging the towns and cities and other locations in the game. Now with recent beta for the next update, the world's map is larger and has more diversity. Zombies can both be a bit of a threat, but are now a bit easier to deal with if you know how to deal with them. You can craft items and stuff to build a shelter, and other stuff. The inventory system and crafting system was also changed to be FAR more user friendly.

Instead of being restricted by item weight and the amount of inventory space you have, you have significantly more inventory space (in the form of a grid), and items are categorized by size. Usually some items like food and medical supplies take 1 square of space while weapons can take 2-6. Clothing also has a use aside from cosmetics. Now clothing actually gives you warmth (as there are now areas with snow, that if you go in these areas your health starts to drop due to frostbite. Warmer clothing means better general survival), and can also increase your inventory size and defense (albeit slightly.)

Granted in the beta for the next update the creator has removed some food items, tools, and weapons due to the nature of the updates (as he will be replacing some of the old items he removed with newer items.) The world may be bigger and more diverse (and actually feels satisfying to travel through), but due to the lack of items... finding some thing are rather... annoying. As such the world can feel empty despite having more locations, and structures.

Then again the creator is actually working hard on it, and does make improvements to it as time goes by. In the end I can tell it will be more enjoyable as more stuff is added (like actual skill upgrades and skill trees to improve certain aspects of your character as you "level up" in the game.)

Thankfully it is free, doesn't take up much computer space, and is a short download (it downloaded for me in less than 3 minutes.) Also in the future the creator will be adding STEAM WORKSHOP COMPATIBILITY FOR MODDING SUPPORT OOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

Gameplay controls are quite solid. Think controls of more typical FPS games. You can aim down the sights of weapons, reloading is normal, movement is normal (sprinting, jumping, and swimming), and combat is simple.

Comment

@Sus

Sounds good to me. We'll have to play it sometime when I get back.
                sigpic

Comment

@S121

Yeah we will. Hopefully by the time you return more things are added. Also Wriggle, or someone would need to host a server because you need to port forward or have Hamachi to host a server.

Comment

um.. what requirements does that game has?
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Last I checked you could run it on a toaster.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's also completely free, and there's a 5 dollar premium membership that allows you to create gold-member server that gives you better loot.

@Cuckoo
                        I'd say you can run it on a washing machine.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

do I need to download it from steam or from its website?

While communication is still an issue, I could play online
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

You can run it on mud in the shape of a computer. The game REALLY does not need all too high specs.

From Steam if I recall.

Also thankfully the game has ingame text chat.

Comment

@Sus

Well now we know what game I will be playing soon after coming back.

@everyone

Ok, so where were we? I'm a little lost right now.
                              sigpic

Comment

RP General Discussion

@Kristia
                                Just get it on steam if you can.

@S1
                                I would just quickly direct your attention to EG. I want to sort out the Manor section in the RP so that things move forward freely.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-01-2015, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X