X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Spirits

Mima looked at Mara with a look of disbelief for a moment, before bursting out into all-out laughter.

"Sane? I'm an evil spirit, fella, sanity is a rarity. I've gone insane once, yes, back when I fisrt became what I am today. It was a good and fruitful bout of it too, if I say so myself. You recover after a while, though. Just takes time, patience, and some kind of spark, per say. Something that puts things back into perspective for a moment, and over the VERY long time i've lived, a few of those have happened." Mima explained. "Insanity comes and goes like the tide of the ocean. I'll probably go insane again one day, then come back to my senses, and so on."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Isle of Spirits

"What a curious thing this insanity, it is but what the normal living beings see as odd, it can also be something better or worse depending on the perspective" Mara commented with some philosophy, but then went back to her smirk "That line blurs with time, and bigger and greater ideas can come, the things I could see"

The bioroid was enjoying the conversation with the spirit and added "One thing I can assure you is that whatever happens, things will get even crazier"
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
        Manor of Eternity - Sanctuary of Light Access Hall

As Mara and Mima talked back and forth, John simply shook his head and quietly sighed as Cortana adjusted the strength parameters on his suit, increasing his strength by a factor of ten.

"All done, Chief.", Cortana said as she finalized the changes.

John simply gave a single nod before stepping in front of the door, sticking his fingers into the crack between the door and the wall, and pulling back as hard as he could, eliciting a quiet grunt of exertion from John as the door slowly opened, grinding against the ground as it did so. John's armored feet slid every few steps as he pulled, but the door eventually opened up enough for all of them to pass through. Once that was over, Cortana immediately readjusted the strength parameters of John's suit as he looked through the doorway to see if the coast was clear. To John's slight disappointment, that was not the case.

Standing in the middle of the main room was that strange man from the battle before, only this time he wasn't enshrouded in Darkness like before.

"We've got company.", John stated to the group before grabbing his battle rifle from its magnetic holster.

Crash Site - Nevarras

When SiMo spoke about remote explosives and the like, Ethan looked down to his utility belt and gave a small grin of slight embarrassment inside his helmet. Ethan's belt held many things; a can of soda, a pouch full of jelly beans, teargas, flashbangs, a box of cigarettes, a digital storage compartment, ammunition, and even a remote ship caller, but the one thing he forgot to bring were any form of offensive grenades or explosives.

At that moment, Ethan slowly looked back up at the door he was supposed to make a stand at before speaking quietly to himself.

"Who knows, maybe candy is their weakness.", Ethan sarcastically said as he readied his assault rifle.
        Last edited by S121; 02-09-2015, 01:25 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Manor of Eternity - Entrance Hall

The man did not react immediately to the group's arrival. His only acknowledgement to their presence was in the form of a question: "How was she?" He then looked up, his face solemn with concern. "Is she still...ill?"

Comment

Manor of Eternity - Sanctuary of Light Access Hall

John had his gun at the ready, but once the man asked about Aurora, John didn't think it would be neccisary, for now at least. He was a little hesitant to speak out to the still unknown entity, but he did so anyway. Perhaps the man would prove to be an asset to stopping Aurora.

"No. She's attempting to wipe out the galaxy, but she is being contained by a barrier.", John said to the man.
            Last edited by S121; 02-09-2015, 05:13 PM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

"Still...? Then there's been no improvement." The man stood silently for a moment in thought before continuing. "I have no name, but in the past I have been referred to as Morpheus. I also must apologize for earlier; The other half of the consciousness that I am a part of held me and the others here under its control. I am assuming it's hold was broken by Aurora." He then turned as if starting to leave through the main entrance. "Come, we have much to discuss and very little time to discuss it. First though, we must leave this place. The enemy will most likely be aware of the recent activity here and prepare to investigate."

Comment

Isle of Spirits

"Is it going to be more cryptic bullshit, or actual information? Because i've had enough of the former her to at least last a year." Mima caught up with John, a tinge of annoyance evident in her voice.

Crash Site

"Files indicate that no, they do not find sugar or other food classified as 'sweets' preferable, or any allergic reaction to such things." SiMo explained seriously as he continued to type. A huge bang shook the room around them.

"Scanning... a quick scan indicates there are over 158 hostiles present beyond that door, all of varying threat levels." SiMo called out. "Prepare yourself adequately."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

John knew that the man formerly known as "Morpheus" was right about leaving this place, but first they needed to deal with Aurora.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?", Cortana asked John as he silently walked towards Morpheus.

"Stopping Aurora?", John asked her.

"Exactly. I might be able to interface with the sanctuary from here, but there's no garuntees that I can save her. Based on her condition back in the sanctuary, she might be on her last legs.", Cortana said.

"We still have to try.", John said.

As John stood there, seemingly having a conversation with himself, Mima approached from behind. From what he could hear, she seemed fed up with the entire ordeal. Her feelings were not entirely unjustified. They did seem to have more questions than answers, but John felt that her somewhat incisive words were unnecessary. It may have simply been John's stoic nature, but he saw no point in complaining about a situation that was inevitable. Instead of voicing his concerns, John simply turned his attention back over to Morpheus and spoke.

We'll leave in a moment. First, we need to try and find a way to stop Aurora. Cortana said that she might be able to stop her from the inside, but she doesn't know if Aurora will be undamaged.", John said to Morpheus.

Crash Site - Nevarras

"This'll be fun.", Ethan calmly said as he pulled out his TRX-77 and crouched as he aimed at the door.

The moment they would breach the door, Ethan would be ready to annihilate them with the 25mm cannon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ignoring the new cryptic guy, Mara looked at John to talk to Cortana ("Whatever you need in electronic stuff, I´m here to help" she offered "I´m sure we can do something to save the girl, but as cryptic boy" she pointed to Morpheus "Said we have short time, so we need to be quick while being effective too"
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Crash Site

Another huge bang, leaving a visible dent in the door. And then another. And another, each getting closer and closer together. Finally, with a final blast the doors shattered, as hordes of varying creatures poured in, with a set of heavily armored hovering beings leading the charge. Above them hovered a set of tentacled beings, sending out some kind of beam at the Hoverers, while other, smaller creatures poured in from the sides of them.

"Give me a moment." SiMo called out over the creatures various feral howls and roars. As SiMo said that, a set of small turrets popped out from the ceiling, and began firing down upon the fatest ones.

"I did not even register those being there before. Clever hiding. I'm halfway done, regardless." SiMo explained.

Comment

Morpheus chuckled slightly. "I have answers, but I don't think you'll like what you're about to hear, especially if you're set on trying to stop Aurora from activating the Phoenix Code." He looked back to the group. "Aurora is... more than an AI. She is essentially a spirit, tied permanently to the Gaia Computer. The AI is broken, but the spirit remains strong. However..." Morpheus glanced towards the large stain glass window above the entrance. "Our problems are not limited to Aurora. We have been carefully maintaining a sort of stasis here, preventing Aurora from using the code and keeping the enemy from making another move against us."

He walked slowly towards the entrance. "We are essentially biding our time, waiting for the chance to turn the tides of this war. We are crippled from the Inevitable conclusion. We were able to fight back the forces of the enemy, but at such losses we cannot afford any unnecessary battles." With a long sigh, he continued. "The enemy... or should I say... the Void is relentless. The only reason we are still alive is because Master Aion has managed to keep Aurora from using the Phoenix Code... which is what the Void wants. With the galaxy currently stagnant, the Void does not see us as a threat. However... with the colonization of the galaxy... we have a chance... a chance to regroup. With the fall of the boundary that separated the galaxy, new weapons are being introduced. Weapons the Void has not seen before..."

Morpheus smirked and turned to the group once again. "If we want the galaxy to survive, then we need the help of the outsiders. That's where you all come in. The Void is not as aware of your presence as it is ours. You can move freely still in the galaxy, unnoticed. You are aware of our plight, but the Void does not know this. And that is why we must leave now. If we do not leave now, the Void's minions will be upon us. If it finds you here and now, we've lost this opportunity."
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-10-2015, 12:05 AM.

Comment

When Cortana heard that they would not be able to save Aurora, her digital heart felt like it sank. Not only would they be unable to stop Aurora, she would also be doomed to remain in the GAIA Computer indefinitely. Without Aurora being in a digital form, Cortana doubted she would be able to interface with her, rendering her plan useless.

Although Cortana said nothing, John could tell that she was upset about Aurora's fate. After all, Cortana herself had to endure experiences very similar to Aurora's, it was only logical that she would feel empathy. With that in mind, John spoke to her, attempting to console her.

"Cortana, it's going to be alright. We'll find another way.", John said to Cortana.

"And how do you plan on removing the ghost in the machine?", Cortana asked John in a slightly doubtful and saddened tone.

"We'll find a way.", John repeated, this time in a softer voice, assuring her that there was still hope.

The only thing Cortana could do was weakly smile at John's optimism. Despite how unlikely it was for them to stop Aurora, he seemed so sure that they would succeed. He always seemed to keep that optimism when faced with the impossible, only to succeed in the end, so it came to no surprise to her that he would keep that attitude.

"Okay. Just don't make any promises.", Cortana wittily replied, giving a more noticeable smile as she spoke.

John simply took two fingers and swiped them across his faceplate; a meaningless gesture to those who were outside John's inner circle, but to Cortana, it meant that John was returning her smile with one of his own.

After speaking to Cortana, John turned his attention over to Mara and spoke.

"There's no longer any need, not right now. We gotta leave and return later.", John said to Mara before turning his head over to Morpheus and speaking.

"Do you have a faster way off the island than a boat?", John asked Morpheus.

Crash Site - Nevarras

As soon as the door was breached, Ethan fired his TRX-77, causing a 25mm slug to erupt out from the cannon at mach 40 and slam straight into one of the larger creatures projecting a beam at one of the others. As soon as that happened, Ethan lined up the next shot and fired again.
                          Last edited by S121; 02-20-2015, 06:31 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Mara just ignored the soldier and asked Morpheus "What if you infused her soul into another person? the vessel would try to accept it as the soul adapts to the vessel´s consciousness, it would be like synchronizing to machines to work together in a big mechanism." she explained to the others too "Since she is still between organic and electronic category, we could transfer her soul to something similar to blue girl with soldier boy"

Spoiler:

Comment

((Have no idea on what to do with Eve and Hajime still. Can we just say that they are following John and the others x.x? I know I could have one of them comment on the current situation with this strange man, but I cannot think of anything at all. But this is going to at least be a quick update for Alcyon. I'm also having Writer's Block for Nevaraas and ))
                              Shrine of Seasons North B1

As Bardock continued to stand on the bridge he proceeded to think of a course of action in order to properly get across the bridge without breaking any of the ice. However this was definitely a tricky situation for if any of the ice breaks... a large "indestructible and supposedly heavy block" of something will fall and block their path.

Though as he was thinking he turned again and saw the two women from before now beginning to step on the fragile bridge. With a look of shock on his face Bardock quickly began hovering an inch or two above the ice bridge thanks to his Ki, so as not to put any more stress on the frail bridge. "Careful! I don't want this damn bridge to break!" Bardock warned the two as he continued to float a good inch above the bridge.

Comment

Shrine of Seasons North B1

Bryn would have reacted with stomping the bridge just to spook the flying man, but decided against it, she then looked at the room and asked "I assume that on the other side of the bridge it is a solid thing to stand?" her tone was actually calm despite Bardock´s outburst ("If it is solid, then I could trick this thing") she thought already having a good idea.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X