• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

*This space is reserved for the maps I finally make*

Ethereal Galaxy - Helios System
    Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
    Outside the Manor of Eternity

"And so we return to where it all started!" A man wearing a red bandanna, yellow T-shirt, red jacket, jeans, and rimless glasses proclaimed to the sky, where another planet loomed, ever present.
    "Back at the magnificent Manor of Eternity. In all it's marbled glory! Alas, it seems as though it too suffered from the passing of the times." The man looked to what lay on the ground surrounding the somewhat crumbling structure.
    "Ah...yes...they will soon wake again. Though my tampering with their memory should keep them from outright remembering what happened here."
    He was addressing a group of people laying around the Manor of Eternity, in various alcoves, hidden initially from each other.
    "They will find each other and their memories of this place. But for now..." The man looked back up to the sky. "We still have some unfinished business, right, Grey?"

...and with that...he was gone.

Isle of Spirits

Mima's eyes were among the first to open, she quickly took a survey of her surroundings, and pushed herself off the ground, her ghost tail doing the rest and letting her hover gently above the debris.

"I'm not even going to ask, because I have a feeling that I know the answer." Mima said to herself as she headed into the open, crescent staff in hand. She looked up, and remembered this view.

"The Mirror Sea." Mima said. "I guess I died again. Well, damn."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Ethereal Galaxy - Helios System - Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
      Somewhere in the Manor of Eternity

"...Chief..."

"...Chief?... Can you hear me?..."

"...Chief, wake up."

John eased open his eyes and found himself lying face-down on a white, tiled floor. His hands almost encircled his head, giving him the impression that he was moving when he fell. Perhaps he held out his arms to grab something. John let out a quiet, weak grunt as he drifted back into consciousness and slowly lifted his head. Ten feet in front of him was his BR85HB SR Battle Rifle, lying on the ground. Based on how the gun was so far away from him, John could tell that he was doing something when he fell, but just what was he doing? Why was he on the ground? Where was he? John looked around the room, observing the arches and style of the room he was in. To John, it looked like he was in a white cathedral of some kind. After a moment of surveying his surroundings, John placed his hands on the ground and pushed himself up to his hands and knees. John didn't know what exactly happened to him, but whatever happened left him feeling somewhat weak. John 's arms felt like they were going to give out and lightly shook as John struggled to remain in his position. After a couple more seconds, John forced himself to stand, but as soon as he did, he wobbled to the side and landed on one knee and hand.

"Whoa, careful Chief. Don't push yourself too hard.", Cortana said in a slightly concerned tone as he slowly rose again.

This time, John was able to remain upright, albeit with more effort than he would have hoped for. John let out a small sigh as he regained his strength, and after a moment, he finally spoke.

"Where are we?... What happened?", John asked in a confused tone.

"I... don't know.", Cortana answered, confused as well.

From what John could tell, Cortana was confused as well, even a little bit surprised over the fact that she didn't know. She was the kind of person to always know.

"You don't know? What do you mean?", John asked in a slightly surprised and confused tone.

"I'm checking your suit's video recordings and there's nothing, nothing on how we got here. It's as if they were suddenly deleted and-", Cortana said, but suddenly stopped speaking.

"What?", Cortana suddenly said in shock.

"What is it?", John asked in a serious tone, expecting there to be an emergency.

"Chief, your suit. It's... different.", Cortana said, confused by her sudden discovery.

"How?", John asked.

"This.. this is not your MJOLNIR armor, at least not all of it. It has all of the functions of your armor, but it's not the same. I'm running diagnostics and rebooting it now.", Cortana said to John.

John was very confused about what Cortana said. How was this not his armor? If this wasn't his, then where did his armor go? Why did this one look and feel exactly like his? As John looked down to feel the chestplate of his armor, his HUD shut off and John suddenly saw his armor plating disappear. In the green armor plating's place was his black, Titanium Alloy undersuit and his helmet. The sight of his armor suddenly disappearing left John surprised. It was clear, this really wasn't his armor, just a hologram of some kind. Based on what John saw, it was similar to Hardlight and was emitted by his undersuit. After a couple seconds, this armor suddenly came back online, causing the armor plating to flicker back into existence. John's train of thought was cut short by the sudden appearance of the armor, but he didn't mind. After all, he and Cortana still had yet to find some answers on where they were, as well as how they got there. As John faced forward, his HUD flickered back to life and began to display his radar, shield gauge, targeting reticle, and grenade count. After the HUD flickered once more, Cortana spoke again.

"Interesting... Apparently, this armor is a hybrid of the MJOLNIR armor and something else called 'AETHER' armor. According to it's diagnostics report, it has the ability to alter its weight, can be integrated into certain systems, is a little more durable than the old armor, and can go into an 'Overdrive' of sorts. Hmm... Not only that, but because of the new reactor core, the suit has more power to boost your power input and output, as well as having the added effect of boosting your shield strength. The reactor is a combination of your old Fusion/Plasma Hybrid Reactor and a 'Nova Engine.' There's also a secondary power system in the armor, some kind of crystal-based circuitry. If we use that circuit, we might be able to boost your speed, strength, and reaction time by 25%, but it would put too much stress on the Nova Engine. We'll need some way of increasing the core's power before we can use that.", Cortana said to John.

Based on Cortana's tone, she was interested in the new armor, even a little impressed. Then again, John was too, and couldn't help but have a small smile as he heard Cortana talk about all the new features of his armor. John didn't know where he got this armor, but he considered it an upgrade over the old one.

"I take it you like the new armor?", John asked Cortana.

"Not only does the armor have all these new functions, it's also much roomier than the old one.", Cortana jokingly said to John.

John chuckled at Cortana's remark before speaking again.

"You can enjoy the space once we get out of here. We still need to find some answers.", John remarked.

"Of course. Hang on, it seems that the armor's calibration is a little off. We'll need to fix it.", Cortana said as she activated he armor's calibration sub-routines.

All of a sudden, four red dots appeared on John's HUD as waypoints, each one a few feet in front of him.

"Okay John, just turn your head to each dot as they turn green.", Cortana said.

After Cortana spoke, the waypoint to John's left turned green. After John turned his head over to the green waypoint, it turned red, and when the red waypoint to his right turned green, he turned his head to the right. After that, the bottom waypoint turned green, so he tilted his head down, and after the top waypoint turned green, he tilted his head up. Once he completed his task, a small message appeared on the top-right of his HUD, "CALIBRATION COMPLETE".

"Okay, all done. The architecture here is similar to Gothic architecture, so we must be on a human colony or planet. All we have to do is find a way out of here and find someone to talk to.", Cortana said to John.

"Got it.", John said to Cortana before walking over to his gun.

After John crouched down and grabbed his BR85HB SR Battle Rifle, he then reloaded the weapon and readied himself for the unknown. Once all preparations were complete, John walked out of the large room and into one of the many corridors of the strange building. As John walked through the expansive building, he decided to ask Cortana a question.

"So you don't know what happened either?", John asked Cortana.

"No. Not only that, the armor's files have been erased. Somebody tampered with the suit's files, as well as mine. We shouldn't let our guard down, just because we might be on a human colony.", Cortana said in a serious tone.

"Not planning on it.", John said as he continued through the hallway with his weapon at the ready.

"Do you remember anything?", Cortana asked John.

"No. All I remember was us going into Slipspace, and me going into cryo... You?", John asked.

"That's all I remember too. There's nothing on how we got here, or even what happened once we left Slipspace.", Cortana explained.

"Something's not right.", John said in a slightly serious tone.

"My thoughts exactly.", Cortana replied, sharing a similar tone of voice.
      Last edited by S121; 02-04-2014, 01:45 PM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mima rubbed her chin. "Gotta find somethin' to get off this rock." She paced back and forth and looked to the manor.

"I guess I might as well look around for something to use." Mima then hovered silently through the manor, looking for something to use.

"Hello?" Mima called out. "Anybody home?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Ethereal Galaxy - Helios System - Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
          Somewhere in the Manor of Eternity

As John walked the halls of the Manor of Eternity, he heard a very faint voice echoing through the halls. At first, John thought he was just hearing things, but after a moment, he spoke to Cortana.

"Did you hear that?", John quietly asked her.

"Yea. It has to be in one of the other sections of the building, maybe in the other wing of the building.", Cortana said to John.

"Then we know where to go.", John said as he continued to walk.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Isle of Spirits

As she got no response, she sighed. "I guess no one is here. She began pacing again, and eventually just began wandering through the oddly quiet manor.

Comment

As everyone started to wake up and wander, Each one would find a doll nearby that resembled the man in the red bandana. Attached to it was a tag that read "Take me with you! Ask and you shall receive!" and on the back side it read "Just don't expect much."

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mima eventually noticed the doll next to a doorway and looked at it. She remembered him, was it Cicero? She remembered Nero telling her something about him, and him appearing a few times. He reminded her of Yukari, form what experience she had with him. She picked up the doll, and took a look at the note, and the back too, smriking at it.

"Well, aren't you convenient?" Mima said.

Nearing Helios System

A very large, and equally sleek white and orange ship passed through the void of space, engines flaring and dishes scanning. Inside the ship was a bustle of activity, people scurring down it's titanium and carbon corridors like ant.

One was quite different than the others though, far taller and far more metal than the organic humans which were beside it. It's stilt-like legs move frictionlessly on the smooth floor. One of it's hands were far larger than the other, almost as large as a human's torso, though it held things far better than most would think. The other was small, far more human sized, holding a book open, turning a page every second or so. Though it's head was small compared to the rest of it's body, it processed 100X the amount a human did. The interface in front of it's head did help with multitasking as well, and wasn't very intrusive. SimO, the android in question, looked up from his book as a man approached him.

"Ah, commander." SimO said in it's clearly robotic voice. "I take it something has come up?"

"You know well." the commander said in response. "We are finally approaching a star system after our weeks in dead space."

"Oh, good." SimO said, bookmarking the book and closing it. "The rest of the team is, as you humans say, 'itching to get off the tub', I believe was the term?" SimO replied.

"Just get the team ready by tomorrow." the commander grumbled, before beginning to walk off.

"Affirmative, have a good day, sir." SimO said, before walking off himself.

Comment

Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits

A slight rustle could be heard and a few meters in front of Mima was a note similar to the tag on the doll. It read "That's not really a question..." And on the backside, "...but yes."

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mima picked up the note and read it. "Oh, you're like a magic 8 ball, but better. Okay, then answer me this, did I die again?"

Border of Helios System

SimO eventually returned to it's room. It was quite small, a pod-like device in the corner, and some sort of large metal box with several ports in it at the center of the room, and a desk in a corner with a pen and a partially empty book.

It sat down in a very tall chair, but considering his height of around 8 feet, it wasn't as tall as you may think. It gripped the pencil with it's smaller hand, and began writing. It knew that computer logging the information was more efficient, though it had grown accustomed to writing due to it's many years in the field. The best word SimO could come up with was that it was soothing, though it couldn't technically feel this emotion, it had a firm grasp on emotions themselves, though it had a latent desire to feel these emotions itself. It wrote extremely fast, though the handwriting was beautiful, by human standards.

Comment

Isle of Spirits - Halls of Time

Another note rustled behind her, this one had a simple "no" on it.

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mima picked the note up and looked at it, narrowing her eyes. Now she was confused. Someone brought her here then or her memories were wiped. Again. Maybe it was a combo of the two, but all this didn't matter at the moment.

"Okay, one last question. How can I get off this island?" Mima said.

Border of Helios System

SimO eventually finished with it's writing, putting a bookmark in place and closing the book, looking over to the box. It hooked itself up to it with many wires and seemed to go into a state similar to a comatose patient.

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Two notes appeared. One appeared near the door of the Halls of Time while another, that was a dark grey in color, was further from the door. The one near the door read "One of the others." while the strange grey one was blank...

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mima picked up both of the notes, and her eye visibly twitched in annoyance, and looked to the doll.

"Fuckin' magic 8 ball." Mima growled, shoowing the dool into one of her coat poackets, along with the paper. She looked up at the door, and shuddered. hs edidn'tknow why, but she had a really bad vibe about this place. She looked back to the ocean, and decided that she had a better chance there than whatever was in that place.

Comment

Isle of Spirits-Outside the manor of eternity-In KuroiKaze

Eorthe slowly regained consciousness and her senses began returning to her. She tried to stand up than fell back into a seat as her legs failed her, she stayed seated, feeling drained. This physical body is very limited, I must have used too much energy transporting myself and this ship all the way to this galaxy. She reached forward to the control panel to start the ship's systems, then leaned back and frowned as the engines refused to start. She closed her eyes and sent out her extra senses, and realised the problem. The strange crystals that powered the ship had been drained, maybe she drained them for the energy while transporting the ship? She couldn't just leave the ship, it was her only way to travel between planets now that she had taken on a physical body. She should have been able to change back to an energy form, but it seems that she did not have enough power, or at least not enough to make the change more than temporary. She should regain her strength over time, but for now she needed the ship. Besides, the AI on the ship could prove useful, after all the very reason she had assumed a physical form in the first place was to be able to communicate with him, and he had led her to the humans whom she had hunted for so long. She could power the ship using her own power, but she didn't want to waste her already depleted strength, besides if the ship originated from here, more of its power source should be available.

Just then her senses snagged on an object that had not been there before, she opened her eyes and using sight affirmed that it was a doll, a man-made product. She felt no antagonism towards it, she was perfectly fine with the things that humans created, she just hated what humans had done to her through those things. She picked it up and quickly deciphered the human text written on a tag around the doll's neck."Take me with you! Ask and you shall receive!" she looked at the little toy doubtfully, thinking about it. After all she could have sworn such an item was not there when she transported the ship.

Maybe it could help... She held the doll up by its bandanna and spoke to it, "How can I find a way to power this ship?" As she waited for a response, she fiddled with the doll a bit more and saw the words on the back of the tag: "Just don't expect much"

....then again maybe not
                              How many times can you die a day~?
                              How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Working...
                              X