X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcyon | Shrine of Winter B2

The girl appeared in front of Phenom facing the entrance of the labyrinth, she responded simply by saying: "Black Matter." She stood there for a moment as if the flowing substance fascinated her. "We don't know what it really is... All we do know is that it is not affected by anything as one would predict. Corlaviri crystal seems to be able to interact with it without adverse effects; for anything else, strange things happen." With that said, she phased back into a shadow and zipped into the labyrinth, humming for a moment before calling back. "This is simple, just make your way through this without dy- EEEP!" A loud crash followed by a screech of some creature could be heard echoing throughout the massive chamber.

The shadow of the Umbra darted past the entrance going the other way, the sound of her muttering "Not that way...." repeatedly was barely audible.

Comment

Serenity Forest | Planet Duon

It was a good thing that the Demonarc alerted Noire, as she was merely inches away from coming to contact with one of the crystals on the walls. The crystals did give off a mystic aura of different colors, enough to entrance the poor human girl who came from a dystopian, apocalyptic world.

"Oh I'm n... not supposed to...?" Noire whimpered, her hand retracting from the beautiful crystal. "Oh... ok."
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

"Well, I'm not surprised for suvh reaction" Bryn commented as they looked at the new room "A laberynth and observation room.. looks like we can have a sentinel watching over the hamsters"

"Probably there will be both traps and guards around each corner, we need the spear user on front, reflex would be the key for his or her survival, the sentinel would guide us if we can put someone up there, but in the case of that, there can also be a trick up there" Runa briefed the possible strategy to the group.

Then came the screech of whatever lied in the laberynth "Welp, now we know there is something there at least" Runa spoke with a nervos laugh
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

While the others had been busy solving the puzzle Bardock had been thinking, trying to figure out how to solve it. Aside from that but he was also trying to sort other things out in his mind, as the strange man's questions had Bardock thinking about the state of his race, and his planet. The thoughts were proven to be causing quite a bit of anger to well up inside of him as he continued thinking. However his trance was broken as the others had quickly solved the puzzle and continued onward without him, seeing this Bardock quickly sprinted towards the exit to catch up with the rest of his group, only stopping upon seeing the entrance to a labyrinth with the sound of something crashing followed by a loud shriek from some strange creature.

He did not say anything though as he, despite not hearing what the others were talking about, especially regarding the labyrinth, had began to take a few steps towards the entrance of the maze. Though he did stop and turned to look over his shoulder at the scared(?) Umbra.

"Mind telling us what made that noise?" He spoke, seemingly ignoring the others completely.

Alcyon - CY-044: Port 13

The guard's listened to Reiya's need to refuel and gather some new supplies, and upon showing them her holographic ID, the two guard's began whispering some things to each other before turning back to Reiya.

"Very well. Give us about an hour to refuel and restock your ship with some supplies. If things go smoothly it will only take about forty-five minutes. So just go explore the place you two, but be careful got it?" Replied the guard on the left as the guard on the right gave a quick salute to Reiya before both guard's began walking away. Though as both guard's were walking away they both began whispering something to each other, with what they were saying being just barely audible...

"Hey is it just me or is that boy with the white hair looking a little... familiar to you?" Said the guard on the left as the guard on the right replied.

"Not really... but something just feels off about him..."

Comment

Serenity Forest | Planet Duon

The Demonarc turned at the sound of disappointment in Noire's Voice, smiling slightly as he continued down the winding path. "We sometimes fashion the crystals into various trinkets. They are quite common, hence why they were used as source of power long ago. The energy they hold can be utilized given the proper medium." He led Noire to a dead end where he then began to tap on the walls in a particular fashion. "The Village is just beyond here. We keep it sealed as a safeguard against the parasites..."

"A Guardian..." The Umbra girl responded. "There were once many mechanized sentries keeping watch over this place, but then the bugs tried to get in. They damaged one badly and it went berserk, attacking the others and combining their parts to it, forming one entity. The original design was a torso of a statuesque woman with a lower half resembling a snake like creature, two sets of arms with one larger pair with big razor-like claws. Now it has a lower half that's a conglomeration of the other Guardians that stretches out for a large portion of the maze, with heads and claws all along it. There's no blind spot on it and it can sense movement. It has a special forcefield to protect it which even I can't break. So the best bet is to run away from it. Luckily with all those parts it is pretty slow... But... It can also randomize the maze, which I think might have been what that crashing sound was all about as walls shifted into place suddenly."

Comment

Listening to the Umbra's description of the beast that lies within the labyrinth is actually a machine of sorts... and a powerful one at that... had made Bardock grow a little bit interested in it. Hearing about how powerful and dangerous it is, all the things that the machine is comprised of, and the sheer size of it made Bardock smile slightly. It was obvious by the look on his face that he was eager to encounter this Guardian and possibly even fight it. In fact one could say that he looks a little excited to run into this creature within the maze, no matter how foolish it may be. Then again that's what Saiyan's have pretty much always been like... it's almost natural for a Saiyan to want to fight a strong opponent, even if that opponent is said to be quite powerful. It's just their prideful nature.

So after hearing the description of the Umbra, Bardock replied.

"So this thing is pretty powerful and dangerous huh? Are there any tips on how to defeat it if we actually do bump into it?" Bardock asked.

Comment

Dark Rift Dua - Skies

"Nero and Cicero... the instigators of the Second Phoenix Incident... a hundred millenia ago..." Morpheus muttered to himself before addressing the others. "I remember now, yes you were on a Battle cruiser long ago. Mima, John, and Mara were on the Flagship Excalibur of the old Venturian Empire Military Delta Division. It was when Aion didn't have his memories and was a mercenary at the time. I met him later on." Morpheus chuckled slightly. "Those were the days of the War of Eternity; when we all were fighting back against the Nihiliods."

Comment

BGM: Code Geass R2 OST: Boy from Britannia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxNw8Rs8Ds

Phenom put his hand to his chin and reflected on Nyctores's words about the labyrinth guardian. If the maze could be randomized at the guardian's will, then his speed would be useless in passing through; the correct passage would simply change as soon as he discovered it.

"I can't complete this labyrinth with my speed alone. I'd be better in the directing role." Phenom said to the others.

He began making his way to the observatory.
                  Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                  "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Runa looked at both Bardock and Phenom "I can be the spear point, my weapons are good to at least cripple the enemies, Bardock can be the guard in the case of fighting becoming close combat, Bryn would be the speedster if we need to activate something and phenom can be our sentinel" she spoke pointing each personīs abilities "What do you people think?"

Bryn just nodded at the idea "Seems fair to me, but just in case" she looked at Phenom "I will have a portal for you, just let it charge for a minute though" she said gesturing the small yellow light on the edge of her weapon, it was slowly changing to green.
                    Last edited by Kristia; 04-07-2015, 10:27 AM.
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Crystalline Cavern | Serenity Forest | Planet Duon

"P- parasites?" Noire flinched, suddenly reminded of the times when Morgan showed her those nasty insects. Her fear of bugs still has not been alleviated, sadly, so the word parasite made her nervous. "You mean... like... like bugs...?"
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

"Cripple? Destroy?" The Demonarc tried to suppress a laugh, which caused her to snort loudly. "Maybe if it was just one unit, but because it's a combination of all of them, it's Gaia Shielding is so strong that you would need a weapon specifically designed to penetrate it. The best any of us could do is distract it from the others. I can help you with that because it can't hurt me easily when I'm in my shadow." She then drifted to the wall around which she had originally went before her encounter with the Guardian. "Luckily the labyrinth isn't completely against us as part of the randomization is set so that if we are being pursued and reach the outer edge it will block off the Guardian from getting to us. That's why I wasn't being followed by it when I came back."

She paused for a moment as she remembered something. "Oh... that's right... she is just beyond this. I can't remember her name but... she is one of the Nymphs that reside here, who had been sealed away to keep them safe."

Duon | Crystalline Cavern - Serenity Forest

"...Bugs. Yes to use that term, they are large bugs that have desecrated nearly all life in this galaxy, forcing those of us that survived underground." He said solemnly as the wall in front of them rolled aside, revealing a large cavern with a backdrop of waterfalls that seemed to be charged with radiant energy which cast a sombre blue glow over everything. strewn among the rock formations were various home like structures with some activity as normal Humans and the similar looking Arcains, whose only noticeable trait being the pointed ears and strange markings on different parts of their bodies which appeared to be a sort of birthmark, bustled about.

Another shadowy figure approached the two, this time a hooded woman. "So you've returned from your patrol, brother? And with a survivor..." She looked at Noire uneasily.

"Peace, sister, I have reason to believe that she is not infected by the Nihiliods."

"Really now?"

"Yes, when I found her unconscious, I checked for any entry wound. Given the fact that there was none and she speaks of coming from a place called Ylisse..."

"Ylisse? I recall no mention of such a place here."

"My thoughts exactly. She might have fallen prey to a Fissure and is stranded in our timeline."

"That would explain it..."

"In the meantime, I think it wise that she seeks council with one of the Village elders."

"Very well then. I'll lead her to Chief-"

"Sage Trinn," the man interrupted. "I don't believe the Chief of our kind would be keen on meeting another human."

"...ah." The woman then turned to Noire, "So you're human... very well. This way then."

Before the cloaked woman led Noire to a modest hut that had the light of a warm fire filtering out of the Corlaviri glass windows, the Demonarc man that had led her this far quickly said farewell. "I must return to my patrol and must leave you in my sister's care." He then pulled out a small pin shaped from gold wrapped in an ornate pattern around a purple-black gem that glowed gently. "Take this should you ever seek me out." He then turned back the way they came, adding quietly. "Until next time."

Comment

"Well arenīt you a cocky one?" Bryn spoke hearing how the Umbran girl brushed them off as simple mortals "How do you know we canīt deal with the creature hidden around? do you have proof of another adventurers perishing in here?" she looked around geturing the dust of unknown age around the room "Unless it happened eons ago, there is no one who can clarify your idea."

Then the bioroid smiled "Or maybe you are scared of it?" she actually taunted the shadow girl

Spoiler:

Comment

(Sorry for the short posts. I gotta get back into the groove of things in this RP.)
                            Dark Rift Dua - Ruined Castle

John was glad to see that someone else remembered bits and pieces of the past, albeit not much. It was a start, and that was all that mattered. What really caught John's attention was the two names "Nero" and "Cicero". John had asked who Cicero was before, but now there was also another person that he had no memory of.

"Wait, who's Cicero and Nero? What part did they play in all of this?", John asked Mima and Morpheus, hoping to get further along in understanding the past.

Crash Site - Nevarras

Just as Ethan was about to lay down a barrage of suppressive fire from his assault rifle, SiMo spoke out that it was time to high-tail it out of the ship. With that in mind, Ethan quickly put away his weapons and sprinted after SiMo.
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dark Rift Dua - Ruined Castle

Hearing Cicero`s name brought the attention of the bioroid "I can assure you that he is no ordinary man, that I can assure you, with all those little messages, the dolls and whatever mystery surrounding us has something to do with him." She pointed out "Then again, we still have to recollect all our memories to understand what the heck happened to us and be selected to be in the last days of the galaxy"

Spoiler:

Comment

((Being unable to destroy the Guardian sounds like it's going to take a bit of fun I even had an awesome fight scene in my head >:I))

Bardock seemed to be a little miffed due to the Demonarc girl's cockiness towards the Guardian. There was no way a machine could be that powerful, that unstoppable. It just seemed to annoy Bardock when the Demonarc said that it's impossible unless you had some sort of insanely strong weapon. Then again that's just his Saiyan nature, hearing about an opponent that is powerful is one thing. However hearing about an opponent that is completely unstoppable just gets annoying after some time. Either way Bardock just sighed as he stepped a bit further towards the Labyrinth entrance, but not before turning to look back at the others.

"Can we just move on? If we die then we die and that's that. I don't care how strong you say it is. Besides from what you said this thing has been in hear for practically an eternity. No matter how advanced or powerful it is, it will end up eventually end up weakening with age. Nothing lasts forever right? Well neither will this ting. It may still very well be dangerous and powerful, but I bet it couldn't keep itself in top condition for the whole time it's been in here. Eventually at some point it had to stop gaining materials to keep itself in top shape. So unless you have definite proof that this thing is still unstoppable, I will say otherwise. Now let's get moving."

Bardock spoke up as he gestured for Bryn and Runa to follow, obviously Bardock was getting visibly and audibly impatient.

Comment

Working...
                                X