X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Dua

"From what they told me, they were reality warpers a long time before I met them, and Cicero still is, if he's alive. They were called Life Hackers, to my knowledge. I know not the extent of their reality warping powers, but I do remember warnings that the two of them should not be together, for some reason or another." Mima explained. "But, trust me, I know from personal experience that reality warpers are... finicky, to say the least. unpredictable, powerful. Cicero's a wild card, really."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Alcyon | Shrine of Winter B2

"Hmph!" The Umbra stood there indignantly with her hands akimbo. "Last I checked you guys don't have Aura Charged Corlaviri Crystals nor weapons that utilize that. If we had one of those then we could easily penetrate its defenses. But alas, we don't." She then grinned devilishly and shrugged. "Though hey, if you want to try muscling your way past it, be my guest. If you break the walls though..." She turned and started to walk waving a hand lazily behind, "You'll experience first hand why you don't touch Black Matter." She then took a moment and sighed staring upward as she relaxed a bit. "I'm more afraid of breaking the walls. If this place gets flooded with Black Matter... We're all screwed. That's why I don't want to try and fight the Guardian. Because something could go wrong... And it won't be just us who die, considering they are below here."

Dark Rift Dua - Skies

"Yes... those two." Morpheus shook his head. "You could blame them for the current 'form' that the Galaxy is in as they initiated the Phoenix Code long ago. The Second Phoenix Incident. Ancient history now as it had happened over 100 millennia ago. I only heard about what had happened from Aion, who had been killed during the incident... temporarily, of course."

Comment

Alcyon | Shrine of Winter B3
        BGM: Code Geass R2 OST: Boy from Britannia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxNw8Rs8Ds

"Let's just get on with this. This standing around is holding up my assignment." Phenom demanded, annoyed at the lack of progress being made.

He began to analyze the labyrinth in its current state to discern how to best navigate the others through it.
        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

"The negativity here is so thick that I could actually slice it" Bryn commented "Heck, even dark matter has a rival now", to her delight, the redhead snickered understanding the joke. She fired one of the gates to a wall close to Phenom´s location and spoke "Just wait for me to put the second one, and please don´t interfere with it while closed, they can burn your flesh" she warned playfully

Runa was already at the entrance and looked at her SMG, "If I can´t hurt it, I can slow it down with the poison darts, it stopped a behemoth, so a Minotaur would be similar" she said to herself preparing the weapon as she got in front of the line "I´m ready people and please don´t be so hard stoned, it is just a labyrinth with traps and a powerful creature, nothing out of our limits " she smiled with optimism "I still want to study the doctor´s body, so we must survive" she smiled wickedly at the bioroid.

"Oh come on!, you are probably the only person having all three parts, a biological one, a synthetic one and a mechanical one. You could be the pinnacle of human engineering" she said with enthusiasm. The black haired woman just smirked and shook her head "I will let you do that if you help me gather a sample of those hive mind creatures that our shadow girl is so afraid of" both females just smiled knowing the deal was done.
          Last edited by Kristia; 04-16-2015, 01:19 PM.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

(To keep the RP flowing, I´m using the 24 hour right to double post)

Being the first to enter the labyrinth, Runa kept her senses on edge as her weapon aimed at different parts of the hallway. She would look at the corners with careful precision and caution as her face showed a total opposite of her cheerful personality, here was a soldier focused on her job and didn´t hesitate on her movements. "Whatever you two see that I don´t, tap my shoulder to stop moving." she spoke to Bardock and Bryn and then looked at Phenom who was on the "watch tower" "Phenom I don´t care if it is an ant or a pebble, when you notice anything moving on our blindsides, speak"

Bryn had her portal device on one hand while a plasma blade activated on the other, her emerald eyes were moving to scan and identify anything that could be a trap, from pressure plates, laser tags, anything.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"...Mmm..." The Umbra girl glided across the floor forward using her shadow, albeit slowly as if trying to feel for something. "There's no other traps... but..." She paused at a corner watching the walls. "Because the Black Matter is contained in Corlaviri crystal, it should resonate with the shields of the Guardian to a degree. So if the Black Matter seems to be disturbed, then it's close." After analyzing the surrounding walls, the Umbra darted across to the next passage, diving into her shadow when crossing intersections, emerging only to glance about for signs of the Guardian. "I don't think it's over in this half of the maze right now."

Comment

Bardock just mumbled something under his breath as he entered the labyrinth after Runa and Bryn. It was obvious that Bardock was beginning to get a little impatient with Runa's attitude, commanding and telling him what to do. To be honest he isn't really all that worried about the dangerous Guardian that lies within the maze, nor the Black Matter in the area. Though that is just his prideful nature. Even though he's used to taking orders, it was mostly orders from people of significantly higher strength than him, and he often had no choice in the past. Runa though doesn't appear that strong. Yes she did manage to stop a ship that was about make a crash landing back at the colony, but that was thanks to Runa's mechanical limbs. Other than that he has no idea how powerful she is, and besides. Even if she was quite powerful. He's not working under a tyrant anymore. As such he has a lot more freedom to do what he pleases, and right now, Bardock does not really care about Runa's orders or requests. At least not anymore.

" Whatever. As long as we can just get through this damn place soon then I'll be fine. I'm beginning to grow tired of staying in this damn temple, but I'm not about to just turn back. So let's just get going." Bardock replied as he stopped to turn back to look up at Phenom's general direction before speaking. "Oh and you up there. Whatever your name was, I hope you're ready for any warnings about this damn maze. Wanting to get through it as fast as possible so I can get done with these damn chambers. So I trust you to be good at your job right now got it?" Bardock yelled up to Phenom before continuing on through the maze.
                Last edited by SUSTIC; 04-24-2015, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Phenom sighed as he analyzed the labyrinth before him and called down to the others, "I'm not going to let you die. This isn't the first time I've had to babysit in my life and it won't be the last."

He scoured the passages of the labyrinth from multiple angles to find the best path to the exit and called out their next 3 steps. "Take this right and proceed 50 meters. Then left for another 30 meters. Take the next left after that and continue for another 50 meters."

Comment

Runa acknowledged Phenom´s directions as she guided the others through the maze, her weapon ready to fire in the case of a trap or the Minotaur "What kind of traps can we expect from this place Nicto?" she asked to the Umbra girl with that name since she didn´t react negatively when the others called her like that. Bryn was on guard with her plasma blade and had an idea "If we manage to evade the triggers, I think we can use them as an advantage against the beast" she commented to the group

Spoiler:

Comment

"Mmmm...like I said, there's not really any traps. The Mechanical Guardian can be it's own downfall because it is one entity and there's multiple of us. So it would have to try and keep up with all of us..." She paused as she thought on this. "We could distract it but... that would only get us so far." She then returned to the main point she was making. "The only thing is that if it sees us, it'll activate the labyrinth to change. So that's what we have to worry about mainly."

Comment

As they walked through the labyrinth, Bryn suddenly had an idea, she looked at Phenom´s location "Hey Phenom, can you or your friend make an adaptable map with the data we obtain? maybe we can take advantage of this palce by pinpointing the Minotaur´s place and using the traps that we" she stopped her sentence by quickly grabbing Runa´s arm so the redhead wouldn´t put her foot on the faint, but lifted tile on the floor. The engineer nodded with thanks.

"As I was saying, the traps that we find might be useful to be used against the Minotaur, what do you think?" the bioroid asked while marking a tile on the side of the trap one to know where it is.

Spoiler:

Comment

"Ah! That!" Nycto went over to the tile. "Yeah these are everywhere along the labyrinth. They don't do anything, except..." She stepped on it before anyone could stop her, which caused a loud BONG to emanate from where they were standing. "See? It only gives away position so we don't have to worry about it too much!" She smiled triumphantly as if she had imparted helpful information, standing there for a moment before her look slowly faded into realization at what she had done. "Uh oh."

The Guardian had been slithering through the labyrinth in its usual patrol when it heard the bell-like toll, causing it to stop and turn, analyzing where the sound came from. Pinpointing the source, it began to make its way through the maze towards the group.

Comment

Alcyon | Shrine of Seasons B3

Phenom placed his right hand on his hip as he shook his head, his eyes closed. "No, I can't make a map. Too much interference. In fact..."

GOOOOONNNNNG

BGM: Dark Cloud OST: Emergency https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_-bTE24gU

The sudden explosion of noise startled Phenom, jolting him to scan the Labyrinth. "Oh, you idiots... what did you do..." He groaned under his breath. He began to feel a strong vibration from the floor and searched for the source.

"Whatever you four just did, it can't be good!" Phenom called out. He then noticed something slithering out of the corner of his eye. He looked to the source only to find that whatever it was was gone. "We have a problem! You woke something up and it's coming straight for you!" Phenom rushed around the edges of the Labyrinth trying to get an angle on whatever it was he saw.

"It's approaching from your 5 o'clock!" he called out.

Comment

Not hesitating, Runa aimed her weapon to where Phemon signaled "Bardock, I don´t know how fast, strong, or sturdy you are, please give me a briefing of what you can do." she asked focusing on the hallway where the rattling was getting stronger "Bryn, your body is strong, but it will be better to be used for speed, so you can be the decoy if you have fast reflexes." the redhead then looked at the Umbra girl "Nycto, what would happen if activating another alert plate activates? will it affectthe labyrinth itself or only alert the creauture to go to the source of the sound?"

Bryn understood Runa´s idea and spoke to the male "Phenom, if Runa´s idea can be done, I need you to try to find other pressure plates, we can use them to lure the threat false paths, it is just a guess, but if it works, we can outmatch the Minotaur"

Spoiler:

Comment

When Nycto had accidentally set off one of the sound traps, vibrations could be felt throughout the labyrinth as something large was moving. Normally any person would be utterly terrified, but Bardock wasn't in fact it just made him a bit more eager. After all he does still want to see this Guardian in action, he wants to see how powerful it really is. As such he readied up for possible confrontation, with the look on his face alone showing how ready he is for battle. Even though he did not take his concentration away from the hallway that the rattling was coming from, he still managed to answer Runa's question.

"I won't say much. Just know that I'm far faster, stronger, and more capable than I look!" Bardock replied, not giving any real serious info as to what he is capable of, all the while he was beginning to charge up some Ki for the possible upcoming battle, as indicated by what appears to a strange blue forming around his body.

Spoiler:

It was obvious that he wasn't paying attention to what the others were planning, but rather just focusing on the fact that the Guardian could be here at any moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X