X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal RP Community Rules

Ok, so we all know the old rule thread, right? It was good, but it had a lot of vague rules, was somewhat random, and were more of a set of guidelines than anything else. What I present to you is a joint project Tewi, TRXD, and I have been working on. Unlike the old list, this one covers more of those grey areas that the old rules didn't.

Enjoy the read, and make sure to leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions down below.

1. All the General Rules apply to the RP section.

2. Try to make posts with good spelling and grammar. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice.

3. Don't God-mod. You may not state that an attack hits without giving the opposed RPer a chance to avoid or block. You may not snap your fingers and blow up the sun, you may not use any sort of instant transmission, and your character will not be indestructible. An immortal character may or may not be allowed depending on the RP, so long as the immortal character can be defeated in battle..You must also follow restrictions and guidelines for each RP individually.

4. No metagaming. Metagaming is when a character has knowledge of something they shouldn't know. This rule includes unfounded and uncharacteristic intuition or suspicion. You can not have a character "feel" that something is off or that they should do something if it is not a part of their personality or abilities. Example: Tom befriends Fred, but Tom secretly has evil intentions to kill Fred. Fred can not suddenly become more suspicious or hostile unless he is naturally paranoid or has some kind of ability to have super intuition.

5. Communication is key. RP requires this to function.

6. Try to be detailed in your posts as anything you fail to mention will be left in the open for another RPer to control. don't fail to mention the ground is made of steel and get angry when x character sticks an iron blade into the ground.

7. Roleplay introductions do not need to be long. Keep this in mind--simplicity is key. A short intro that gives the right details can go a long way; however, a long, interesting intro can go farther. But remember...interesting. Keep the "nodding off to your own intro" idea in mind.

8. The TO of an RP has every right to deny your application, or bar you from the RP. Respect them when participating in their RP.

9. Your posts should make sense. If it does not then rewrite it. This also applies when travelling from one location to another. No character can naturally walk ten miles in a few moments.

10. You must make an application for a character before jumping into a role play. The application needs to be detailed in order to give the OT and other role players a good idea of who your character is and what they are like. one your app is accepted by the TO you may begin role playing with that character when the IC is available. Some TO's make their RP more community based by allowing other members to approve apps. in these community rps you need to have your app approved by two other RPers first.
    Last edited by S121; 07-17-2020, 01:55 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

6 is full of mistakes. All instances of "rp" should be capitalized.

Did Tewi write some of these and they never got proofread? (No offense, Tewi)
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Actually kilel i wrote most of them but s1 made edits here and ther and wrote some of them himself. i'll fix it when i'm not so sleepy

Comment

Figured. They just had some of your hallmarks, is all :P
        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

This just makes me realize how many times Pringles uses :P
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

I think i fixed all the booboos leme know if i missed any

Comment