X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IC: Sanctuary REVAMPED

Sanctuary Central l The Hero Festival (Mid day)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJwHtW7Xicw
    It's a beautiful summer day in Sanctuary. The air feels cool and refreshing and the skies are mostly clear with only a few puffy white coulds here and there. Outside there are tons of people conversing in the streets, decorations hung everywhere around every corner. There are multiple stands set around the plaza where performers are putting on shows for the common folk. Today is the first day of the Hero festival where celibate the memory of thoses who fought and died protecting the innocent from danger. Children and even some adults have dressed up as past heroes like Atticus or Artix and some of the children can be seen play fighting with wooden swords.

The streets are filled with music as creates from every race and gender come from all over the world just to take part in the festivities. There are thousands of merchants from all around selling strange and exotic items one cant' normally find in Sanctuary. Clothing and food from every culture is present and the air smells absolutely delightful. The festival is the one time of year where a person may experience such fellowship between the vast exotic cultures and enjoy them. Storytellers from all around the world pull in huge crowds of people who listen to their tales of adventure and what normal life is like wherever they come from.

While everyone enjoys the festivities, the paladin Zena, armed with her trusty long sword wonderes the cluttered streets, keeping a weary eye out for trouble and mischief. Her adoted father is selling weaponry and armor made by the Orcs in one of the many merchant stands within the city so Zena checked on him regularly. She knew her father was strong enough to take care of himself but she always worried about him, he wasnt' getting any younger after all. The elven girl stopped now and then to look over interesting trinkets and the various new foods she had never seen before. She knew she had a job to do keeping the common folk safe, but with all the great food and dancing it was hard not to relax and take it a little easy. After all the festival only came once a year, no one would want her to miss out on all the fun would they?

(DISCLAIMER: The events revolving around Nameless takes place 3 days before. BE ADVISED.)
    Remnants of Rivendale Manor | Outskirts of Utheran | Time: 7:27 AM

A still smoldering ruin of the Rivendale Manor told of the catastrophe that has happened there. You can see it from far away. The townsfolk of a large farming town Utheran know what happened: a skilled and lovable alchemist who lost his family in an accident, and subsequently shut his mind off as he tried to make deals with shady people who didn’t play fair. He ended up dead and had all his legacy burn away. His servant, Jeeves, is currently sheltered by the town hall. He claims that his master has created a homunculus, and is looking for ways to contact someone by the name of El. No one has seen an homunculus before, but the townsfolk kept a lookout for any naked purple-haired girl near the town.

The land is now considered cursed. However, even with that rumor, a lone figure wandered into it. The girl was purple-haired, with pale skin that was not covered by any article of clothing. The girl swayed as she walked, her hips swinging seductively as she looked around with quite curious and innocent face. Three notable things about this girl was that, one: the only thing she was wearing was what looked like those rear-heeled shoes that the Elven nobles and wealthy donned on their foot for ceremonial occassions. Two, her eyes were pupil-less: replaced by a dull gradient of black. Three, the girl had what looked like a complex transmutation circle engraved on her chest.

The girl found a small metal box in the midst of the ruin, slightly scorched but otherwise okay. Curious, the girl reached for the box and opened it to find a parchment paper of sorts, rolled up into a scroll. She unraveled it to find out that it was a letter.

The parchment paper read:

Dear El and the Hood

If you receive this letter, I am most likely dead. I would have perished in flames that also would crumble my house and my legacy. However, I am not bitter or angry that my life is so short-lived: in fact, I am glad that I was able to create what could be the most flawless homunculus any alchemist can hope to create.

I’ve told the homunculus to hide, run away from this place. She will, without a doubt, obey my command and leave to wander the world. I want you two to find her and guide her so that she can survive the harsh reality of the real world. I cannot be her master any longer, and a homunculus is not complete without her master.

I have named the homunculus:

The rest of the letter was blank. Unfortunately, the girl did not know how to read. The parchment paper and the box, however, intrigued her a lot, as she placed the letter back into the metal box and decided to carry it in her journey, along with the wooden quarterstaff that she found. Without changing an expression, the girl exited the burnt ruin of the manor, muttering a single word.

“Master…”
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 08-06-2015, 05:14 AM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Sanctuary Central l The Hero Festival

There were so many living beings around, enjoying another festival of their beloved hero, with a faint chuckle a cloaked fox relaxed as she sat on the edge of one of the buildings, everybody was busy with their lives that they didnīt notice the yaju relaxing on a rooftop. Nera took an apple from her bag and started eating it, she was enjoying this time of peace, there were rumors here and there, but they were mostly of the gossip between the townspeople or about this bandit group, nothing that the law couldnīt take care of, nothing like.. with an automatic reaction, the vixen put a paw on her forehead "Damn.. that was an old one" she grunted and calmed down, it was normal for her to have memory visions from time to time, so she discarded it when she heard the people enjoying the festivities.

The Yaju would have liked to go down and see things from the same level as the other people, but she would need to go down without being seen since jumping from a rooftop would be too suspicious. Taking out a flute, Nera looked around and found an alleyway to get down, after landing with ease on her feet, the Yaju took her flute and with a calm breath, she started playing a nice tune as she walked out of the alleyway, into the festival.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The young advocate wondered about the streets of the festival, looking for anything suspicious but finding only exotic and captivating wonders that she had never laid eyes on. She eventually came a small food stand that was being ra by twin Yun in beautiful dresses robes they called kimonos. It seemed the twins hailed from the city of kanto that existed off to the east of sanctuary. They were selling rice balls egg rolls and tofu and serving hot tea for their visitors. Zena finally gave in and bought something, she had been patrolling for the greater part of the day and her stomach was so empty it was starting to rumble. Can't fight crime on an empty stomach can you? She bought four rice balls and a dozen of the egg rolls which the kind Yun twins packaged up for her in a paper container that she could easily carry while she walked, without it getting in the way.

She happily paid and thanked the two twins for their kindness before returning to her duties. She was easily able to hold the container in her right hand leaving her left open to either feed herself or draw her sword when needed. Her trusty long sword was resting on her left hip and was connected to her waste by a sort of belt giving her easy access to it. The taste of the eastern delicacies were much to her liking, and not an ounce of meat was used to create it. The inside of the egg rolls were filled with what tasted like broccoli if broccoli was a lot more delicious. How on earth DID they do that?

She enjoyed the food as much as she could while still staying vigilant for potential troublemakers when suddenly she came across an odd case. There was a figure in a dark cloak. The figure looked harmless enough, she was playing the flute and just enjoying the scenery like everyone else. Despite her suspicious garments there wasn't anything really off about the figure. It was more the spirits around her that seemed to be enjoying her music, and of cores the song itself that she was playing. Some of the spirits around here were wearing armor and clothing that dated all the way back to the first era and the song she played seemed familiar. She wasn't sure but she thought it might have been about one of the seven heroes of fate but she wasn't sure. She had only heard the songs a few times during past festivals but she had never learned it.

Regardless she was enjoying the song, which was shown in the way she stopped to clap for the cloaked performer as best she could without dropping her food. "Seems you've attracted quite the audience." she commented forgetting for a moment that not all non elves could see and speak with the spirits as she did.

Comment

((this is target towards Kristia and Tewi obviously.))

It was around noon. The day had already started, and the festivities of the Festival have begun. There was already a good amount of activity in Sanctuary Central, and that included the still considerably young Apex that is Sarutobi. Saru had found that the entire festival was actually quite fun. The amount of energy, and cheeriness of the festival definitely attracted the young monkey kid to the area. So far he has been having a blast. For Saru had been going back and forth between the different stands and shops looking for anything interesting to potentially buy.

He had seen a few things here and there, but nothing really peaked his interest sadly. Though he didn't let this get to him. For if he can't find anything to buy, then he will just do something else rather than some shopping. Instead the young Apex quickly ran alongside the street, and in fact he found something that intrigued... or rather he heard something that had intrigued him. It was the sound of some rather nice, cheery music coming from a flute. As such he decided to seek it out... and so he did. Much to his luck he had quickly found the source. A mysterious hooded girl playing music on a flute. Seeing this he began following her and another elf girl who seemed to be doing the same.

Comment

Sanctuary Central - Hero's Festival

Noon time and walking around was a Human/Jin mix with a long, white sword sheath on his back. Zero arrived in town just in time for the festival. He went looking around at all the food stalls and enjoying the smells. Normally he would've been asked about his left eye but no one paid attention to it, like they've seen things like it before. "Just like I heard, Sanctuary has many different mix-breeds here and no one asks me about my eye." He said as he snacks on an apple. The apple had a unique taste, it tasted like cooked meat. It was a Meat Apple, an apple that has a meat taste to it while still being healthy. Luckily for Zero, it was beef flavored and he ate it, core and all. Zero arrived in front of the Artix statue. "So this is him?" He asked himself as he looked at the statue, remembering the stories he heard from school about his legend.
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Sanctuary Central l The Hero Festival (Artix Statue)

As Zero looked at the large statue, an elderly orc who had been in the nearby area approached him from behind, He had been there looking for hi daughter Zena knowing she loved to come by the statue during her rounds. But instead it seemed he found another young soul instead. "I see you like the statue as well m'boy. Did you come to pay your respects to the great paladin?"

The orc was rather tall standing at least 6'2. He wore a dark apron that was covered in suit and ash from working the forge. The rest of his clothing and body looked to be rather clean though as he had spent most of the day selling gear and speaking to travelers. He wanted to look his best for any potential buyers. His voice was deep and robust the way you would expect a weathered orc to sound like. His voice wasn't' threatening and he actually seemed quite friendly.
              Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 08-06-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

(Gah, I didnīt see your posts SUS and Tewi >< )

Nera was enjoying how the people were following her music when they passed her, she was one of the many around the festivities, so she kept going, moving her feet in a gentle rhythm from time to time as her tune got to be one of the way old ones, although it came without the yaju noticing it, she was just playing the flute and enjoying the mood. Soon, the vixen could feel more pressences than the average mortal, there were spirits, she knew they were around, yet she couldnīt see them that easily, it was that her senses just knew about the spirits, while some were around for a second or two, the fox could sometimes even see one for a minute, she couldnīt actually talk to them, but at least physical gestures were enough, like a smile or the wave of a hand.

So the Yaju kept playing the flute, seeing shimmers of lights and people moving around, she heard a female telling about an audience, the fox looked around while playing the flute, sure there were some people seeing her, but it was the group of lights that passed around her. Careful to end the song, Nera finished it with what she remembered and looked at the female who spoke, it was an elf, and by the looks of it, one of the law groups, yet she looked like enjoying the festival like the others.

"It is always good to make some beings enjoy the music, be it living or long gone" the Yaju answered, still with her cloak covering her face.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sanctuary Central - Hero's Festival, Artix Statue

Zero bended his head back and saw an orc, dressed in smithing gear. "I've heard his legend and since I'm here, paying respect is a must." Zero said as he bends his head forward.

(Sorry that it's not longer but it's all I have at the moment)
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Zena was always taught to great her elders with a bow to show respect. She bowed accordingly bending her back slightly just enough so the the motion was recognizable. "Many pardons for interrupting you ma'am I was just wondering if you coudl tell me the name of that song you were playing. I hear it every year at the festival but i never learned the name." She asked looking ever so innocent and curious. She wasn't sure but she had a strong hunch that the song was somehow related to the first era and that it might have been about one of the seven heroes. Zena couldn't quite tell that the woman in question was a Yuja, only knowing her gender from her vooice. But she suspected the girl's song was about the hero that represented her race. In the case of a Yuja like her self it would be Noxis the Necromancer. That is assuming her assumption was correct.

Suddenly she noticed the monkey boy standing next to them. Looking over Zena shot him a smile and a wave to acknowledge that he was there.

Sanctuary Central l The Hero Festival (Artix Statue)

The orc walked up to the boy and stood beside him. He gave a deep chuckle in response to the boy's comment "You're a good lad m'boy." She said as he admired the craftsmanship of the statue. Made of bronze and crafted by a master artist, the statue looked almost alive as it captured even the slightest details of the once great hero. It was massive too standing at a towering 20 feet tall. "Beautiful isn't it? Took us weeks just to make the head. M'names Molack. I run the forge." He said as he pointed the the building with an anvil sign hanging from it.

Comment

"You donīt need to bow elf friend, I may have quite a pack of years, but I still feel as young as a small kit" Nera smiled while taking off the hood of her cloak. The Yajuīs face was now revealed to be of a black and white fox "As for the song.. I think it became to one of our champion Noxis, her terrifying yet elegant magic is still a role model for many necromancers" she smiled and looked at the statue of Artix "She and the other six champions would be happy to see how all now nine races have become one mixed culture, although some would need to see it from the after life."

"By the way, how have the civilians been doing this day? Even the local ruffians have the decency to celebrate this day and respect the others" Nera asked gesturing to rough looking people that were actually calm and enjoying the festival while also respecting the law. She then noticed the apex male and waved at him like the elf did.

Spoiler:

Comment

((Please don't mind Sarutobi's broken grammar and stuff. Remember, he still isn't that used to speaking completely fluent english.))

As Sarutobi followed Zena behind Zena while listening to the music, he stopped and became alert to his surroundings as Nera stopped playing her music for a moment before continuing. For that moment in which the hooded girl stopped playing, she spoke something about the living and the dead being some sort of audience or something. This made Saru's ears twitch slightly as he grew a bit more curious as to the short conversation the elf girl in front of him, and the mysterious flute playing girl was having. Though before he could speak his mind and ask a question pertaining to their conversation, the elf girl Zena and flute-playing girl seemed to finally have acknowledged his presence either way.

As they did, Saru seemed to become a bit more alert as indicated by him getting down to one knee, and placing one hand on the ground as though he is about to sprint away. That or he was seemingly ready for a conflict. After all to him the whole city, despite seeming nice, and despite it being the day of a festival... Saru has only been in the city for a few months now. He still isn't used to everything. He hasn't yet identified himself with all the different faces around the city, and as such was only being careful with strange people... like he was taught.

Saru though did not run or do anything other than ask a simple question.

"Why did you two just stare at me if you had nothing to speak about? Am I not that intriguing to say anything more to, or are you both of close relations that are friends and like to keep secrets from each other?"
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 08-06-2015, 03:48 AM.

Comment

The Orc introduced himself to Zero. "Mine is Zero." He said introducing himself. Molack mentioned that he runs a forge. That reminded Zero that he needs his sword looked at but he only had a small amount of money on him. "Molack sir, do you mind if you can look at this? I don't have much on me though, just a look is fine." Zero asked the smithing Orc.

Comment

Zena was happy to learn that her powers of perception were correct in guessing the song's origin. She could tell just by looking at the fox woman that she must have lived for thousands of years. She didn't' look like an old woman or anything, she just had an aura about her that said it all. when questioned about the state of the city and it's civilians she was more than happy to give a status report as it was a direct reflection on how well she and her fellow Advocates were doing their job. "Well there haven't been any major problems lately. A bandit here and there but nothing a level three advocate like me can't handle. Usually there are lots of thieves looking to take advantage of this event but i haven't seen anything thus far. Though it does make me wonder if the reason i haven't seen any bandits is because all of them are trying to raid the castle... If that were the case i feel sorry for the bandits who run into Six."

As Zena finished talking she heard the same monkey boy from before speak to her. he sounded a little upset and his behavior was strange. clearly not from around here but it's normal for outsiders to come here this day. Zena quickly turned to face him to apologize. "I'm very sorry sir, please forgive my rudeness, i didn't realize you wanted to speak to us. My name is Zena, i'ma rank B3 Paladin Advocate." She reached into her small paper container and pulled ut one of the rice balls she had bought from the two twin Yun from before and offered it to the monkey man. "Welcome traveler. Please accept this gift as a token of good will."

Molack took the blade from it's sheath and looked it over. The blade was cracked in many places and wiggled slightly whenever the hilt of the blade was moved meaning it had come slightly use. The weapon was clearly in no condition to be used. the style of the blade suggested that it was created by the jin but Molack couldn't' be sure. "This blade has seen better days M'boy. I can fix it but it would take at least a day.... hmmm..." Molack didn't want to let the young man down. The blade was clearly important to him but he didn't' know how long young Zero would be in Sanctuary. Not to mention Zero didn't' appear to be the kind willing to accept hand outs. He looked at the blade deep in thought for a moment trying to think of a way to help the boy before it finally came to him. "On the other hand if i had help from a Chronomancer i could fix this in about an hour." The kind orc put Zero's blade back in it's sheath and singled the young mix breed to follow him. "Come to my shop, i know a way we can help each other."
                            Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 08-06-2015, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Haven River | Time: 3:22 PM

The purple haired girl walked, walked from Rivendale Estate to the west until she reached the Haven River. It was a gently flowing river, offering a resting place for the travelers and the animals alike with its' bountiful source of water that came from the Cairnyard Mountains far north. The girl too was thirsty, so she reached and drank from the river's refreshing water.

"Yummy!" The girl emitted a happy shout as she sat on her behind and took a small rest, looking around. Everything was new to this girl, including a white rabbit that skipped across the grass and reached down to drink from the river. The girl has never seen this little fluffy white thing before, so she approached it only to have it run away.

"Oh no!" The purple-haired girl gasped when the rabbit pranced away from her. She ran after the rabbit, which continued to run away from the merely curious and harmless girl. "Come back!"

The purple-haired girl was eventually able to corner the rabbit and grab it by its' body. The rabbit squeaked and tried to escape, but the girl was too strong for the tiny bunny to escape. The girl had a wide smile on her face as she brought her back to where she was just now, and sat down to begin playing with the rabbit. Although the animal did try to flee at first, but the girl's tender hands eventually made it tame. Every little action that the rabbit took amazed and amused the girl so much, she was filled with laughter. Her laugh and her voice was like a pure pearl's, oblivious to the worse side of the world.

"Cute!" The girl emitted a short phrase as she began more actively playing with the bunny. The white rabbit, now completely trusting the girl, skipped and frolicked with the girl. She was growing happier and happier as time went by, although soon she grew bored of the location. She decided to keep this little docile rabbit as she moved on, the rabbit following closely behind her.

Time: 4:30 PM

Eventually, the girl and her rabbit ended up meeting the intersection of the river. She wanted to cross the river and head to the other area, but she was worried about her new companion. From the time before, the girl observed that the rabbit was unable to swim, but she was able to. She either had to leave the rabbit behind or give up trying to head to the other side of the river and instead trek into the forest that she was so familiar with, which was boring.

The girl had an idea. She didn't know if it was a good idea, but it was an idea. She placed the unassuming rabbit on top of her head and dropped down into the river. The water level rised to about her chest level; which is perfect for the girl to start walking across the river without the rabbit falling into the river.

Time: 4:42 PM

The girl was able to reach the other side of the river without having her new companion fall. The rabbit scurried off to eat some grass out of nervousness as soon as the girl emerged from the water and embarked on land, soaked from the armpit down. It's okay though; the sun was setting, but it was still 2 to 3 hours before the sun would really start setting.

The purple-haired girl looked out to the distance to see what other things would interest her. There were already multiple things that piqued her interest. Standing beyond her was a scenery of gently rolling hills with sparingly placed trees. However, what interested her the most was a farmhouse in the blurry distance away. Locking her destination, she began her solitary but fun journey yet again, now with a furry little companion following her.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X