Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azeruk's Room - Chronomancer's Tower - Near Gateway Lake - Pine Grove | 11:30 AM

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII*

Azeruk jolted awake as the clock beside his bed rang, signaling that it was time to rise and start the day. Azeruk yawned and tapped the button on the top of the complex clock and looked around the room.

The room didn't let any sunshine in, due to it being underground. The walls were made up of a slowly eroding stone, possibly because of the constant use of Chronomancy in the area. If Azeruk's teacher, Cronux, was still alive, he would have made Azeruk practice for hours to ensure that he had better control over his magic when the time came for him to become a Noroi. Azeruk stood up out of bed and frowned at the room. He had done quite a bit of damage to the room. The walls looked many hundreds of years old, while holes were present in the carpet and the tapestry nearby. It was a consequence for having a magic stone embedded in his body. Chronux may have had centuries to learn to control his magic, but Azeruk had the ability for only two years. If he was naturally born as a Noroi, then Azeruk wouldn't have to worry about such things. Azeruk simply sighed and began to repair the wall, reversing time and the damage he had done with it. Once he was finished, Azeruk looked at the now pristine stone walls, carpets, and tapestries and admired his repair job. They looked good as new, as if nothing had ever happened. With that, Azeruk nodded and began his day.

Azeruk walked over to his nightstand and pulled out a necklace from it. As Azeruk donned the necklace, a single word began to slowly echo through his mind.

Train

Azeruk sighed at the voice that echoed through his mind. "Train" was one of the only things the necklace ever said for him to do, other than "Daily Activities". Azeruk knew that this necklace was important, Chronux said it was. He said that it was incredibly important that he listened and followed what it said. Chronux said that it would lead Azeruk down a path where he would play an important role in an large scale event, but Azeruk didn't know what exactly that moment was. All he knew was that if Chronux told him, that it would ruin the whole plan and cause him to stray from his course. Azeruk tucked the necklace beneath his shirt, and once it was in its rightful place, Azeruk walked over to his closet and donned his armor. It was a heavy suit of gold colored armor weighing in at one-hundred pounds. Every morning, Azeruk was required to don the heavy suit of armor, along with a bag full of heavy metal plates, and run around the lake next to the tower. It was a harsh, grueling training session, but it had great benefits. Chronix said that it would help him become more accustomed to the physical and mental strains of Chronomancy, allowing him to tap not only into his magic reserves, but his willpower, allowing him greater endurance and more potent magical abilities.

Once Azeruk finished adjusting the heavy armor, he then strapped a bag to his back with one-hundred pounds worth of metal ingots and plates. Azeruk grunted slightly as he shifted his body to accommodate the burden and walked out of his room.

Chronomancer's Tower - Near Gateway Lake - Pine Grove | 12:00 PM

Soon, Azeruk was outside the tower. Azeruk looked across the lake and followed the water's edge with his gaze. Every morning, it was the same routine. Azeruk was to run around the lake five times in one-hundred pound armor with another one-hundred ponds in a bag, then go to the shack nearby to practice focusing his time magic, among other exercises. It was very harsh training, but it helped him learn to push himself past what most people could do, allowing him to use his magic for longer periods of time.

Azeruk sighed as he looked through the trees and at his usual running path. This was his least favorite part of the day, and for good reason. Azeruk took a deep breath and ran on the path that circled the lake.

Lakeside Path - Near Chronomancer's Tower - Pine Grove 3:37 PM

Azeruk panted as he continued to run along the path. So far, he ran around the lake one time out of five. The sound of his metal boots made loud crunching noises as three-hundred eighty pounds impacted the ground with each step Azeruk took. Despite the strain Azeruk was feeling, it didn't take away from the sights and sounds of the woods. The smell of the forest, the sounds of the creatures and lake, even the fresh mountain air rolling down from the mountains nearby revitalized Azeruk. It kept him at ease as he continued to run.
    Last edited by S121; 08-06-2015, 02:36 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

2 Days Later (Only for me) | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:37 PM

After 2 days of rather fast-paced walking, with only a little deviancy from the path here or there, the nameless, purple-haired girl covered quite a lot of distance to the North, reaching what looks like a forest of coniferous trees. The girl has never seen trees like that, so seeing a whole lot of them in a large grove filled her with never-ending curiosity as she began step towards what looked like a body of water, similar to Rivendale Lake but smaller and, frankly, much clearer.

She could recollect what happened over the past 3 days. The farmhouse she visited was run by a rather homely looking man and his family, who were very hospitable to her, providing her with a place to sleep and things to eat in exchange for helping around the farmhouse next morning. The girl was mysteriously strong and durable, able to carry a huge load of things to places without breaking a sweat. The simple folks of the farmhouse was sad to see the girl go when she insisted she had to visit different places, but they showered her with gifts such as a basket full of bread, cheese, and fruit, as well as a pouch of gold coins so she could "go and buy something decent for her to wear."

However, other than that, she did not run into anything particularly interesting. There were occasional travelers wandering in Haven River drinking and resting in the area, and the girl would hide behind a rock or somewhere far away, watching, observing how they acted and learning from them. Other than those petty events, nothing really happened in her trip, allowing her to head in a straight line in a quick pace. What would've been a 3 days' worth of brisk walking took 2 days for this girl, for she did not tire or require too many hours of sleeping.

She suddenly stopped. From the distance, she could see another person jogging around the lake in course roughly towards her. Suddenly, she looked afraid as she tried to back away and run to the other direction, far away from this man. However, because of how flat the surfaces are on the outskirts of the pine forest, if this jogging man turned his head even slightly, he would see the purple-haired girl, scared and backing away with a white bunny chasing after her obliviously.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Sanctuary Central l The Hero Festival

Saru was still a little miffed about how the two girls seemed to just barely acknowledge him. After all normally in his village, if someone looks at you directly, it means they usually have something to say. Then again this isn't the first time he had gotten mad at somebody in Sanctuary for something so... trivial. He just hasn't been in the city outside of his own village, let alone jungle, to be used to more... modern means of interacting yet.

Either way Saru crossed his arms and turned away as Zena apologized. Now sitting with his legs crossed, and his arms crossed, he had his back turned to Zena as he seemed to pout angrily while at the same time thinking if it would be a smart idea to play a little prank her or not. However he lifted his head up as he sniffed the air. The faint scent of food was coming from right behind him. Along with that, but Zena also said that what she had was a gift. This made Saru first, grab the rice ball with his tail before grabbing it with one hand.

Looking at the rice ball he sniffed it once before licking it. After he licked he he then took a quick bite. The taste was quite good. The rice ball was well-made, and whoever made it was great at preparing meals. After his first bite, he then quickly shoved the rest in his face as he quickly devoured the ball of rice. Saru then quickly shot up as he turned to face Zena.

"Your token of good will was well received by my mouth and stomach! For that you have earned the blessings of the Apexian Apexis Temple of Wukong! May your day be filled with the luck and good fortune!" Saru spoke loudly and excitedly as he stood on one foot, one leg bent to rest on the leg he was standing on, left arm outstretched forward with palm open, and his right arm outstretched into the air.

Comment

Sanctuary Central - Hero's Festival, Molack's Forge

Zero followed Molack to his forge. "An hour with a Chronomancer huh?" Zero asked. "I don't know any Chronos but that day is fine. I'm planning on staying in Sanctuary for some time, I need to make some money." He said as he places his sword down. That reminded Zero that he doesn't have much on him. "This is a 15 year old magic sword, forged by my dad who was a dragon Jin. Not sure if that helps any." Zero said mentioning a few things about the sword.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Lakeside Path - Near Chronomancer's Tower - Pine Grove 3:37 PM

Azeruk was lost within his thoughts as he continued to run, but as he ran along the path, he saw a color that stuck out amongst the trees of the forest, purple hair. Upon seeing the odd color in his peripherals, Azeruk turned his head over to the odd color to see a strange naked girl backing away from him, looking as if she was scared. After seeing that, Azeruk stopped running and simply stood there before calling out to her.

"Hello?"

Azeruk's voice and tone betrayed his intimidating appearance and the bronze-gold helmet with an angry, disgusted face on it. The voice that came out sounded like a young man's, not harsh, but soft, not angry, but confused.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:38 PM

Just something about this man scared the purple-haired girl. Perhaps it was his helmet: glaring menacingly at her, which made her believe that the being in front of her was angry at her. This was her first time looking at a helmet; every other time people's head were bare.

"H... help me..." The purple girl continued backing away until she ran into a pine tree, colliding with it. The white rabbit meanwhile was running around in circles, not understanding a thing about what's going on. "P... please... don't come near me..."
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

The fox watched the exchange between the elf and the apex and could see their natural behaviour, the calm and elegant style of the elves mixing with the direct and pride style of the apex, she kept silent while playing again with her flute in a calm tune, she didn´t have much to say about what they were talking about due to the nature of her animal part.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The elf girl was both delighted and relieved that her offering had appeased the monkey boy. His hords were a bit strange but it wasn't uncommon to her various accents during this particular festival. She simply smiled at the boy as the elder Yaju played her gentle tune behind them. Zena had heard of the Apex but she didn't know much about tham. She had never seen one before, not even at the past festivals. She heard they were a rather seclusive race that mostly stuck to themselves in the jungle but other than that she didnt' knwo anything about their culture.

"Oh my, forgive my excitement but you're the first Apex I've ever seen. You're culture must be very rich and exotic." She said as she wore a smile on her lips. She realized she had been standing around a bit longer than she probably should while on duty but it would be rude to simply walk out on the two yuja in the middle of a conversation. At any rate she had been walking all day without finding a single incident so there wasn't any need to wonder aimlessly so long as she kept an eye out for the shops and stands in her current vicinity. "What brings you to Sanctuary?" After she asked the question she realized how silly of a question it was. He was most likely here for the festival like everyone else but it was too late to take back her question now. She just hoped the monkey boy wouldn't' be too upset with her.

Sanctuary l Molack's Forge

The orc pushed open the door and lead the boy inside. He placed Zero's sword at his work bench while still sheathed and began going through an assortment of weapons. "Now where did i put that..." he mumbled to himself as he searched through the vast amount of weapons he had made. There were daggers, maces, swords of every size, sprees and just about any weapon type one could think of. There were suits armors and shields lining the walls and various ingots were scattered through the forge. A short moment or two passed before Molack remembered where he had placed the specific weapon he had been looking for. "Ah here it is." the orc said as he pulled a sheathed blade.
                  Spoiler:

The blade was very beautiful, serving more as a peace of art than a weapon in it's current state. It wasn't made from steel, the materiel used to make the blade different but it was hard to make out exactly what sort of metal was used. "This M'boy is my finest work." He said presenting the blade and handing it over to Zero along with a small parchment that appeared to be some kind of note. "This sword was made by the request of the royal family to serve as the weapon for an advocate known a Six. He was promoted not long ago to the royal family's personal body guard. I was going to ask my daughter to make the voyage to the castle but since you'e already here could you go in her place? The court mage there owes me a favor, and if'n you run this errand for me, I'll owe you one" Molack explained his plan and waited for Zero to respond. He knew Zero didnt' mind waiting but he would have to stay at least two days for the weapon to get fixed since Molack didn't intend to spend the whole festival working on a sword, even if it was crafted by the Jin.

Comment

"The culture of my people is truly of the exotic and rich kind! For it is the culture that I have done the growing with that has made me who I am to this day!" Saru replied before taking his staff out of its sheath from his back before slamming it into the dirt. Once it was slammed into the dirt, he hopped onto the top of the pole staff, and balanced on the tip of it on his feet for a bit.

"I have came to this city of Sanctuary for... for... I have no idea! I cannot think of the reason why I am here." Spoke Saru as he rested his chin on his fist while sitting on his staff which is sticking straight up after being imbedded into the ground. He seemed to sit there and ponder for a bit before speaking again.

"Nope. Still can't remember."

Comment

"Well, you can enjoy the festivities of the hero Artix, he is the new light of hope for this generation of people" Nera offered to the apex as she put her flute back on her backpack and took back her half eaten fruit "Unfortunately, I have to go, I have to deliver some documents to the higher up guys" she gestured to the castle. The Yaju looked at the elf and smiled "Have a good day and enjoy this time of peace" she then looked at the apex "I hope you find a good reason to be around, many things happen around these places" she smiled at both of them and walked towards the castle.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sanctuary - Molack's Forge

Zero was very surprised by Molack's request. Asking to deliver a very important sword to THE royal family. Zero helped deliver things for his parents when he was younger but never anything this important. ".............." Zero didn't know to say at first but then. "Alright, I'll deliver this sword to the castle." He said as he carefully ties it to his back. "Blade Striker Zero, heading out." He said and left towards the castle.
                        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Turning to she her respects the elf girl bid the Yaju a farewell as she left towards the castle. She was't sure what business the Yaju might have with the royal family but she trusted her not to do anything malicious. Of cores even if she was planning something Eatos and Six were currently at the castle preparing for the events to come later on in the day once the sky had gone dark. Those were two people no sane person would wish to tangle with. "Safe travels ma'am" she said as she politely waved goodbye to the fox musician.

Zena turned back to face her new Apex acquaintance, knowing she needed to say her goodbyes as well. Sorry but i'm afraid i must be off as well. I have patrol duties so i need to keep a watchful eye on the city. Good day sir." She said giving a slight bow to she her respects before starting to walk away.. However no more than four steps later she was stopped by a thought that haunted her. It was kinda sad the way the poor apex couldn't remember why he was here. What if he couldn't' remember anything at all? It wouldn't be right to leave him all alone like this to fend for himself and the thought of the poor monkey boy being lost and alone pulled at her heart.

"Umm mr apex sir." she said as she turned once again to face the boy. "Umm if you would like to come with me on my rounds, i would really enjoy the company. I could even get you some more food or a drink if you please."

Sanctuary l Molack's Forge

As Zero stared saying nothing for a while Molack got a bit discouraged. He was afraid the boy wouldn't accept the task and that he wouold miss out on a chance to work on Jin steel like he had wanted too. But finally the boy spoke up and accepted the task, which made the orc very happy. "Ay! yes that's the spirit M'boy. Don't forget to bring the court mage back with you." The sounds of a hammer beating steel and the blazes of a furnace could be heard coming from the forge as Molack got to work on fixing the boy's blade right away. The kind orc had clearly put a lot of faith in the boy, a complete stranger and yet he entrusted him with an object intended for royalty.

(@Zekai: I know you mentioned Zero would be able to stay for a few days but i didn't' want him getting stuck without his sword for a full day in the rp since we all know just how much can happen within that time. I figure the sooner his sword is fixed the better)
                          Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 08-07-2015, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Saru turned to face Zena as he sat atop his staff. He listened to her offer with intent ears. Inviting him to go with her on her daily patrol through the city of Sanctuary sounds rather entertaining, and even downright fun. As such he hopped off his staff and onto the ground, grabbed the staff and pulled it out of its little place in the dirt, and kicked the staff into the air. As the staff flew into the air it spon before it fell, and thankfully Sarutobi was able to catch the staff before sheathing it and crossing his arms.
                            Then with a large grin on his face he looked at Zena.

"I accept your humble offer of inviting me on your 'daily rounds'~! I will join you, and we shall also get food, beverages of different kinds, and see the sights of the city." Replied Saru as he pounded his chest with his fist.

Comment

~Sarutobi has joined the party~

Zena couldn't help but giggle at the ape boy's display. He certainly seemed happy about getting to sample the various foods around the city but Zena just hoped she didn't run out of money before his stomach was full. With any luck they might have been able to find a fortune teller or an esper with the power to read minds. anything that might help Saru's memory return to him. Zena decided to let the monkey boy carry the container of food, seeing how she wasn't all that hungry anymore. She wasn't quite full but at the same time eating too much would slow her down. Plus she wanted to save room for later so she could try more new things. She handed over the paper container knowing the monkey boy would be all too happy to accept he food.. "Well then, shall we?"
                              Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 08-07-2015, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:39 PM

Azeruk was confused by the girl's terrified behavior when she collided with the tree, how she acted as if he was some kind of menacing demon or something. Of course, as that thought passed through his mind, he was quickly reminded how intimidating his armor really looked. With such a formidable suit of armor on, Azeruk looked as if he was an extremely angry metal man. It was no wonder that she was scared. Upon realizing his mistake, Azeruk quickly removed his helmet, held it by his side, and spoke out once more, making sure not to move so as to not scare the woman further.

"Relax, I don't want to hurt you. Are you okay?", Azeruk asked the woman.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X