X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright!

I should be able to put more into the App process and stuff after work tonight. If you have ANY questions or things you feel need clarification, let me know so I can work on it when I get home!
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

@Kagunyan: f you could take a look at my ship when your back and tell me if anything is wrong with it that would be nice. I tried to make a decently fast one.

Comment

Everything looks good cept a few SMALL things.

1) Your Engine needs to be Q-3. (Pro1+Pro1+Hov2 = E-3) Thats an acceptable bump.

2) The Bathing Area is considered a fairly big luxury, and thus counts as a component of the ship. This puts you at 8 out of 7 components (Engine(+1), Hover/2 Pro Jets(+2), Actual Sleeping Area(+1), Bathing(+1), Tail Cannon(+1), TWO Forward Cannons (+2). This can be easily tweaked by making it only 1 Forward cannon, or cutting the bathing.

3) Your Energy Based guns will not have power to fire unless you re-direct power from one of your Propulsion jets to the cannon. This will cut your speed IN HALF, but hey its better than falling like a rock!

4) The Windmills will not actually power the Engine--the engine runs off magic. They CAN however power things like lights and heating.
        I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

Comment

to the 4th point of what you just said, can´t a ship have a sort of emergency kickstart?, by logic, the windmills would charge a generator, we could have it adapted to be a magical energy recharge, the crank part would need someone of great strength (usually the engine master) to control the stored energy and send it to the engine.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Electrical Energy and Magical energy are different, in this case. A Windmill does not generate magical energy, and the engine is only made to process off of Magical energy. The amount of electrical energy produced by the windmills would not be enough to keep the systems running cuz there is no energy efficiency. There's no "Magical Battery" that a windmill could charge.

Comment

Ok to fix the problems i improved the engines by 1 tier, removed the restrooom and removed Herobrine. Should still be somewhat balanced with that.

Comment

@Tewi

Wait, there's no restroom on the ship?
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Who needs a bathroom when you have a bucket and a poop-deck?

Comment

Besides, who would like to read a post about someone needing to goo to the loo and (hopefully) being subtle about releasing bodily fluids?
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

the bathroom was really more a luxury so that thee characters could be flying for a few days to a week without smelling like a pirate. I'll just try not to think about it

Comment

@Alayosho

Ok, I have two ideas for characters, but I need to ask a question or two.

First, what comes to mind when I say "narcoleptic bat man wielding a greatsword that could literally kick your ass in his sleep"?

Second, the Devas are said to have a connection to the "temporal world". What is the temporal world and what does it do?

EDIT:

Also putting this here for later. Don't want to lose it. Also added personality for my sake. Need to remember this stuff.

EDIT 2: Added themes, as per tradition.

Spoiler:

Name: Aeron Wolfram

Gender-Race: Male Human

Age-Appearance: 26

Class / Sub Class: Mechanic Soldier

Role on Ship: Engineer and Privateer. Specializes in breaching other ships and applying his technical knowhow to create traps, tools, weapons, and maintain machinery.

Nationality: Gandivan

Personality: Unlike a lot of other air-faring people, Aeron is not the most adventurous type. He's not some foul-mouthed swashbuckler, and he's not a dashing rogue either. For the most part, he's your average Joe with some adventurous blood in him. More often than not, Aeron might appear rather guarded to those who just meet him, but after some time, he warms up to them. After that, people will learn that he is a rather calm and pleasant person to be around, and that he can be rather sarcastic.

Background: Being a human child born and raised in Umbergarde, Aeron Wolfram had lived on the streets his entire life, finding whatever he could to survive and make a home for himself, he usually got by from pickpocketing individuals for money, but when that didn't work, he would either break into houses to find food, or hunt for some of the local wildlife. One day though, when he caught a glimpse of something that caught his interest in a large mansion that he was originally going to steal from. Deep within the halls of the manor was a cartography room, one with intricate maps, globes, and model ships, each

Theme: "Rubicon" - James Paget

Spoiler:

Gender-Race: Male Gandivian

Age-Appearance: 27

https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/817f...8a13745aae.jpg

Class / Sub Class:

Role on Ship: Pirate. Fills an "agile berserker" role for the assault team.

Nationality: (Just cuz you're Gandivan doesn't mean you were born in Gandiva!)

Personality: Brash, volatile, violent, and curses like a sailor. Almost your stereotypical pirate in that regard, but has various canid influences within his personality, a few being loyalty, the need to be in a "pack", him having a hierarchic structure in his mind about his crew, and a few other things. That, and if he likes you, he can be a bit more friendly.

Background:

Theme: "Wolves of The Sea" - Antti Martikainen

Spoiler:

Gender-Race:

Age-Appearance:

Class / Sub Class:

Role on Ship: [Captain? Mercenary? Slave? Ect.]

Nationality: (Just cuz you're Gandivan doesn't mean you were born in Gandiva!)

Personality:

Background:
                        Last edited by S121; 03-06-2016, 05:24 AM.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

1) Sounds pretty dumb, tbh....

2) Temporal World is all the stuff you touch. Like, your keyboard is part of the temporal world as you know it.

Comment

@Alayosho

How does it sound stupid? Maybe I should elaborate.

Ok, so we have the Devas that require pretty much constant sleep right? As such, they would need to take every opportunity they could get to get some sleep. I don't know about you, but I feel that such a drawback for a race would be a large societal problem for them (such as trying to hold a steady job, or trying to run errands), and they would most likely try to find a way to overcome their weakness. Well, they could sleep whenever the opportunity arises, but what if they could use a combination of meditation techniques and way to place them into a semi-conscious state while asleep, allowing them to keep up with their excessive sleep schedule? It may sound far-fetched, but believe me when I say such a thing is doable IRL.

Heck, who knows? Maybe there's even a few schools or therapy centers that teach Devas these sets of techniques.

Also, to what kind of magic would people know? Would one be able to possibly use magic to redirect the force of a strike and distribute the energy across the entirety of their body? Also, would there be such a thing as a "magical energy cell" that acts like an extra reserve for the user? Just a thought.

Also, this may be a rather silly question, but what would you imagine Gandivian culture would be like? Is it pretty much like humans', or are there certain customs, values, and core beliefs that stand apart from other cultures?

EDIT:

Also, another question, though it's a little on the silly side. Is it reeeeeally cannibalism if a Gandivian is hungry and eats a human? Technically, they are of different species, and at worst, it would be like a falcon eating a smaller bird. (not that I would have my character do that or anything.)
                            Last edited by S121; 02-20-2016, 06:09 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Elaboration has clarified much.

For Deva, its not that they need CONSTANT sleep, they just need to be well rested more than other races and cant push themselves like us humans can. No all-nighters to finish that exam you've put off for 9 weeks.

Magic i haven't put too many restrictions on, so long as it is tastefully within the realm of the character's power. Don't want Superman, the Level 2000 Monk to be playing around with a bunch of level 1 commoners, right?

Gandivan culture IS different, as is Lian culture. How? uh...Good question!! HAH!

Silly Question's answer: No, it is not cannibalism, because Gandivans are not the same species. However, their taste for food is about the same as a human's. They are not half wolf half human, nor are they remotely wolf like when you look at their solcial structure. They just get some fluffy parts. Generally, eating a human would be a gross idea. Imagine yourself biting into someone's arm. Your mouth just isn't made for it, right? Not the right teeth, not the right shape. So why would a Gandivan do it? (unless super desparate, but then again, that would apply the same desparation to humans and Lian and Deva).

Sorry I haven't been super active. Work's got me going hard and its hard not to just pass out and not log on >.> I'll get to this! I swear! Just...gotta have some time to actually think about it and not workworkwork >.>

Comment

Just a personal reminder for me to finish the apps. Things have been busy, but I plan on finishing the apps soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X