Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taboo | How To slay A Kishin IC (PROLOG MODE)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balefire Academy ~ Forest (Yellow)

Asura felt slightly bad for misunderstanding Azur's words and taking it as a joke. As someone who had lost both his parents, he knew all to well how it felt. It didn't help that the only thing on his mind was an older version of Azur screaming ("ALOHA SNACK BAR") and blowing up. Ridicules imagery aside, he held back the urge to grin or laugh. "I think they went ahead to get a head start on the red tags. If my suspicions are correct there probably isn't' a red sector to the forest at all. I bet my right arm the red tags are all held by the alpha kishin at the center of the forest.... Come on, there gonna need our help."

Comment

Balefire Academy | Forest (Orange)

With the delicious sweets finished, a trail of strawberry tops left behind them, and the box itself discarded somewhere, Miu and Raiko breathed a sigh of relief that they wouldn't be attracting any new kishin. The problem of the orange tag kishin still remained however. They were fast enough to keep up and caused the girls to have to dodge quite frequently. They eventually decided that it would be safer to travel along the higher branches on the trees. It was in fact safer, but the kishin kept rolling into the trees in an attempt to knock them down.

One of the kishin had rolled all the way forward, past the girls and had dizzied itself, ending up lying with its soft underbelly exposed. Miu wasted no time, launching herself down to it, piercing it with Rosa's scythe and taking the tag. With a full turn of her body, she catapulted the skewered thing at another of its comrades, halting its progress. She jumped back up to the high branches, just barely making it using Rosa's vines as an extension to her own arm and launching herself back to be even with Raiko.

Comment

Balefire Academy ~ Forest (Orange)

After a bit of running, Azur made it to the orange section of the forest, seeing a bunch of armored boar Kishin chase down what seems to be a trail of... strawberry tops? "Oh shit!" Azur exclaimed, "Did those bastards kill Miu and Raiko!?" Running a bit more, he saw the discarded box of chocolate tops. At that moment, he assumed that they were ambushed after taking a break in the middle of the forest. Idiots... Azur thought. Quickly, Azur switched to his assault rifle, aiming at the crowd of boar Kishin, attempting to divert attention just in case Miu or Raiko are running away from them.

Shooting the highly armored Kishin, he saw his high-caliber bullets deflect off of them, seeing that these are formidable opponents. Before I can actually kill them... Azur thought, I need to identify their weak spots! Azur then emptied his magazine on the boars, seeing them charge. "Come and get it, bastards!" Azur yelled.
        Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
        rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

The kishin fell as the flat side of the ax knocked it out, the weapon was moving on a fatal arc to kill it, but it was moved to hit the ground just some inches to the right of the creature´s head. This action was made by a slightly trembling Diana, but she wasn´t exhausted, but the opposite, the blonde was trembling with excitement. "Got to stay calm, keep your cool or bad stuff happens." Diana spoke to herself almost in a mantra, her face showed a conflict between a frown and a smirk.

The viking roared to the sky as she kneeled and punched the ground, her breaths were strong as she picked up another yellow tag and looked at the other two soon to be hunters "Want to tag along? we still got orange and red tags to obtain." she spoke with a smirk, but it wasn´t the one that either of them would have seen before the test, this smirk was of a warrior wishing for the blood of her enemies. "The others might get there first so we need to be fast." she looked at Lucy, who was the closer of the two. The blonde ax user´s armbrace was now having a faint beeping as her right hand opened and closed, soon, the beeping and light on the armbrace´s talisman deemed to a less degree, and her face relaxed at some degree too while she headed deeper into the forest.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Balefire Academy | Forest

As Cecilia was just about to find her first target, one of the drones she had sent out to scout went out. She looked over the footage and and quickly spotted the cause of the sudden outage. "Analyse person" she commanded, as the image of the one that had brought down the drone was sent to the main control case and quickly matched against any possible person that might be behind the attack. At the same time Cecilia also issued another command, "Begin setup ... with previous build ... train using recording 480d6d6 ... optimize for @main.lastAnalyze ... iterations 750 ... Initialize ... begin recording". For a few seconds all the drones deactivated, but soon after they activated with the newly built training. It would me much harder to pull of the same trick on one of the drones now. Once that was done she issued a final command "@main.deploy analyst ... target @main.lastAnalyze ... location @drone2.location". As soon as she issued the command, a new type of drone came out of the main case. This one was much bigger than the other ones. Around 35 cm instead if the 10 cm that the normal drones were. A bit of that size came from more armor. It also had fine tuned sensors 360 degrees around so it would be much harder to sneak up on. Lastly it also seemed like it had some sort of gun mounted on it. It was headed right towards where the drone that had been struck down was last know to be at.

Now, it wasn't exactly like Cecilia had anticipated any of this. A more appropriate way to put it was to simply say that she was prepared for such an outcome. Normally she started a recording when she went into battle, and if it contained useful data she would keep it after the battle to train drones with later. Some times however, like this time, one of the drones would be struck down be something unknown. In those situations she could use the recording as it was right there and then to prepare the remaining drones against the danger the lied ahead. The first drone was definitively not a trap, the analyst drone that she just sent out tough, that was definitively a trap. If the opponent took the bait, they wouldn't be able to destroy the drone without making herself more known. If the opponent didn't take the bait, the drone would scout the rest of the area that was assigned to it, although a bit slower as it wasn't as fast as the normal drones.

At the same time as the drone went back to it's designated area, Cecilia found her first target, a small kishin that probably held a white tag. She took aim with her sniper rifle and fired. Using the help of all the drones, she was able to take out the kishin from quite some distance away. There wasn't any sound from the sniper rifle either that could alert others in the area about her presence. A perfect silent kill. Cecilia then went over to the kishin and collected the tag, before beginning to scout for her next target.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Balefire Academy | Forest(Yellow)

Aeron gave a light confident smile once the yellow tags were in their possession, but before they could continue onward, it seemed that the viking form earlier was telling them to not fight the creatures except for the flags as she dodged a strike from one of the Kishin. Aeron lightly tilted his head and felt like her statement was almost ironic as she had to fight to defend herself. Soon, Lucy approached the viking, and before long, it seemed as if they were going to work together to get the flags, though Aeron had one word of advice to voice.

"Actually, I highly doubt we need to worry about catching up with some of the others. After all, this isn't a race, and running in without an idea of what to expect would leave us at a disadvantage. I would recommend that we follow the others closely behind so that they can break the Kishins' position, and once their formations are fractured, it will make our trip to the other flags much easier.", Aeron suggested to Lucy and Diana.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Balefire Academy ~ Forest (White)

As Yuru predicted, the unknown rich person continued to rely on fancy helper robots rather than relying on their own ability. While it wasn't uncommon for hunters and huntresses to use such things in the field, this person seemed to be relying too heavily on them for their own good. When the combat oriented drone reached the same location in which the other had been destroyed, it would have been met with a trap of it's own. Whoever had taken it out had planted explosives inside of it along with an EMP that would knock out whatever sours of power the drone was using. It could be turned back on but it would probably have to be done manually.

to make matters worse, the tree counter clockwise to the first one that had been destroyed found itself with a rather large rock flying towards it. It was at least as big as the drone and it was moving fast enough to deal a good amount of damage if nothing was done to prevent it. Whoever was targeting the drones seemed very experianced in the art of destroying them.

Many of the other drones were getting attacked by low level kishin with white tags. Of cores if any of them made it past the white area then they would have to deal with yellow tags as well.

Lucy was looking all around the forest as Aeron spoke with Diana. she wasn't sure if the viking would want to go with them, but she had other things on her mind. Every little sound weather it be quiet and up close our loud but so far away that it can barely be heard. She didnt' know hat to listen too. Between wha tDiana said and what her brother said, the only thing she could come up with was. "If I kill a kishin can i eat it?"

Balefire Academy ~ Forest (Orange)

As Azur fired at the bore kishin, three of them would all curl their bodies into a round shape and dash right towards him at blinding speed. the trees above wwere plenty strong enough to support him if he needed a quick get away but his bullets would do very little too their armor. however if he managed to get a good look at their belly then he would notice a lack of armor on it.

Asura was busy trying to find the others and also trying to keep a safe distance from the boar Kishin. He could take them one on one but there were a lot of them in the area. No doubt brought their by the smell of food. Mia and Raiko would probably see Asura before he saw them as they had the high ground. But he did sem lightly worried about them.

Comment

Diana's mind was calm again while she was letting the boy speak, but shook her head at his idea "That is the problem we will have in the long run, many of the people here are killing more for sport rather than to just obtain the goal, sure the next batch of kishin are stronger and more difficult to fight with, but this hunting game will try to make us fight potential threats rather than animals with tags to obtain." the viking spoke actually serious, which got dissolved by Lucy´s question "I would suggest you to cook a piece first, raw meat is bad no matter from what source it comes from."

The ax was strapped again on the blonde´s back as she looked deeper into the forest "I suppose we need to work together from now on, those bears had better tactics than he white kishin, you-" she looked at Aeron "Look good for long range, and surely got enough bullets." Then she looked at the feline girl "I don´t know much about you, what is your best area of combat? I´m a heavy close combat style."
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

((AS A HEAD'S UP I DO HAVE PERMISSION FOR THIS FROM TEWI AND S1 SO DON'T GIVE ME BULLSHIT PLEASE!!!))

Balefire Academy ~ Forest (White)

It has been around 20 minutes since the test had started and Azama was separated from the sister of the Itou clan he had met. So far the test had been... rather difficult for him. He had already encountered quite a few kishin. Mainly some minor, weaker ones that he had managed to take care of. This test has been interesting up to this point, and already he had one of the tags. The yellow tag... the Kishin he had slain was quite a formidable challenge, but nothing his training and skills as a shinobi couldn't deal with. After he obtained the yellow tag he had travelled to the White sector where he soon had encountered a kishin with a white tag. Seeing it he had gotten into combat...

The fight against the kishin could only be best described as "entertaining" and 'fulfilling' to Azama as he used his hidden blades within the gauntlet's on his arms to cut into and stab the creature, and when the Kishin would go in to attack, Azama would switch places with a shadow clone he had created while fighting the beast, and after he had switched places with his shadow he would summon his shadow shuriken and fire it at the beast before disappearing into the shadows of the trees...

"Darkness... " He whispered as he faded into the shadows. This seemingly confused the beast, as Azama's scent vanished... Then when the beast least expected it Azama quickly emerged from the beast's shadows and struck the beast's neck with his hidden blade's within his gauntlet's. Upon the blade striking the beast's neck, the Kishin let out a loud roar as the beast's head was severed from it's body...

With the beast defeated, Azama stepped away with the White Tag in hand. Holding it he smirked underneath his mask.

"This marks two... Several more to go." He said as he began to walk deeper into the forest.

Comment

Balefire Academy | Forest (Brown)

Once Miu and Raiko left the orange zone and entered the next zone, the forest began to thin out until they found themselves in a large clearing. Dropping down to the ground level, they had to deal with everything still pursuing them, which included a few boar kishin, a large amount of the bear kishin, and a single white tag straggler.

Suddenly, one of the rolling kishin came barreling at Raiko at a much greater speed than before. Raiko, just barely jumping over it lost her balance and tripped. Miu, who slid to a stop thirty feed ahead, began to run as fast as she could to Raiko's side. She was too late, however as a new kishin, a lycanthrope with a brown tag, took the opportunity to attack Raiko. With her heightened reactions, Raiko rolled her body out of the way of an otherwise fatal slash, leaving her with a long bleeding cut that ran down her right leg. Miu used Rosa's scythe to tear the kishin's arm off before it could take another swipe.

She stood defensively over Raiko, ready to destroy anything that would come near."Raiko..."

"I'm fine. Heh, serves me right for wearing shorts." Raiko drew a roll of bandage from a pocket in her flight jacket, winding it around her injured leg. It wasn't enough to completely stop the bleeding, but it would hold for the time being.

"There's too many around us to escape, especially in your condition." Miu eyed everything around her, all of which had stopped to surround them. One white tag, five bears, three rollers, three lycanthropes (one with a missing arm), and two snapping turtles. She tightened her grip on the scythe.

"Well, in that case, only one way out." With a cocky grin, she brought the large block of metal on her back and flipped a trigger, causing it to transform into the M154K4 Railgun. "I'll be using low charges, probably 6 seconds each. That should be around the power of a normal rifle, keep them off my back."

"I won't even let them get close." She fully activated her aura, giving her perfect sense of the enemies around her and an almost instantaneous reaction time. She would only be able to hold the state for three minutes at most.

"That's my girl, now show me how strong you've gotten in two years!" Flashes of light illuminated the area as Raiko began firing at the fast approaching kishin.

Comment

Balefire Forest (Yellow -> Brown) (Lu was waaaay behind)

Lu was getting excited that she has gotten a tag. She holsted her pistols and started to speed up, realizing that she is falling behind everyone else. It didn't take her long to run into a yellow tagged kishin. Lu used her wind to make the tag fly off towards her and grabbing it. Lu now had her second tag and quickly left for the next area, orange.

Lu quickly arrived at the orange area and saw a group of random students fighting a small group of oranged tagged kishin. Lu jumped up from the trees and used the wind to accelerate her decent and slammed into a kishin. "I'll be taking this one." She said after landing on the kishin's head, knocking it out. "Hey! that's our tag!" One of them said but Lu ignored the person and quickly left for the brown area.

After arriving in the brown area, Lu needed a rest. She was using the crest's power too much and too quickly. Lu rested up on a large branch and leaned back onto the trunk after sitting down of course. Lu reached back towards where her pistols were and reached into a small pouch next to them and pulled out a small water bottle, containing liquid medication from her doctor. Not only did it quiched her thirst, it also helped her recover some of her stamina.

Just when she started to relax, she heard something odd and listened in as her ears twitched and eyes closed. Lu used the wind to help her out and she heard 2 students being surrounded by a decent sized group of kishin. Lu stood up quickly and downed the bottle and placed it back in the pouch and headed towards them. It took her a few minutes to reach the opening and jumped up high and above them.

Lu arched her body and grabbed her pistols and started shooting air bullets at the kishin that are closest to the 2 girls. Lu fired at many different spots and the kishin took a few steps back. Lu flipped and landed with her back towards their backs, so Lu is covering the other side of the group. "Are you two ok?" Lu asks them and she keeps and eye on the kishins on her side with both pistols pointing towards them.

Balefire Forest (Orange)

Yuuki arrived at the orange area, after claiming her second tag. Yuuki used her aura to make her bit jump higher and bounced off the trees to reach a high branch. The bit went back onto her back and Yuuki sat down.

"Only have two tags. How many more do I need to get before I find a red one?" She asks herself. Yuuki then sighs and placed her chin on her hands. "Hope I can get into Balefire." She says to herself.
                        Last edited by Zekai; 06-06-2016, 07:12 AM.
                        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

From her seated position on the ground, Raiko momentarily stopped to eye the new girl up and down, only to notice her two fox tails. "Well aren't you a unique one?"

Miu, on the other hand, couldn't care less about what she looked like, but rather that she seemed to want to help. After pushing a bear back from her, she said to Lu, "Protect her or I will have your head." She broke from the group and headed toward a cluster of two lycans and one snapper, also attracting the attention of her bear.

Raiko chuckled quietly to herself at Miu's aggressive approach. "You heard her, Twintails. Keep them off my back so I can charge my railgun." Fifteen seconds, around the power of an anti-materiel rifle. The sheer force of that should be able to pierce the heavy armor of the rollers, at the expense of using a lot of energy and time, though it would be a worthy investment.

Comment

Aeron listened to what Diana had to say, but frowned in confusion as he raised an eyebrow. Aeron did not know if he accidentally implied that he was trivializing this test or thought it was fun killing Kishin, but if he did, he wanted to correct that mistake. As Diana spoke to Lucy, Aeron walked over to Diana as he began to further explain his plan and hopefully provide some clarity to what he had said.

"But I am not one of those that would kill for sport. All I'm saying is that we can get through this test more easily and kill less Kishin in the process if we follow behind the other teams. We will be able to get the tags and move on.", Aeron explained to Diana.
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

It took some seconds for Diana to understand what he said, until it clicked on her mind "Oh! That sounds like a good plan, although I suggest we use the sides rather than the back, that way we can take better vantage points." she smirked

Spoiler:

Comment

Asura had hurried along the forest to the brown sector where his other two team mates were waiting. However it seemed they had gotten themselves in quite a bit of trouble. They were surrounded by kishin and some high level ones at that. No doubt they were getting close to the center of the forest where the Black sector was located. While Asura wouldn't be able to easily break through the armored kishin's defenses, he did have a way to slow them down. Asura whistled as loud as he could to get the attention of the kishin. The girls probably couldn't see him at the moment due to him being on the other end of the deadly kishin, but they would know he was there now at least.

When the kishin turned to ace him, it would have given the others a good moment to attack them from the rear and land a critical hit, but that wasn't' all Asura had in mind. The Asura got their attention he quickly turned to one of the thinner trees and punched it once as hard as he could witched caused it to crack and bed.With hsi next motion he kicked it with all his might in the direction of the snapping turtle kishin and caused it to fall on top of them. This wouldn't' be enough to kill them but it should stn them and keep them in place long enough for Raiko's weapon to charge

However Asura's actions weren't without consequence. One of the spiky wolf kishin turned to Asura and shot a barrage of spikes from it's back at the boy. Seeing this, Asura quickly ran for cover, but not before taking a hit right to his left shoulder"FUCK!" he called out as he tried to work past the sudden pain. His arm was injured byt he could still use it, although he wouldn't' be hitting at full force anymore. He propped himself up against a tree where he would be safe from ranged attacks for a short while. He pulled the spike out of his shoulder and watched to see what happened next.

Lucy waited for the other two to exchange words for a bit before she answered the Viking's question. "I cut things til they stop moving, but I'm more of a defensive fighter than a one punch cat." she explained. "I like brother's idea. There might be a lot of strong kishin ahead so it's better if we save our strength for the big fight and let everyone else waist theirs on the small fries."

Comment

Working...
                                X