Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taboo | How To slay A Kishin IC (PROLOG MODE)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taboo | How To slay A Kishin IC (PROLOG MODE)

Haven | Midgar International Airport

It's a beautiful day in the middle of fall. The leaves are filled with leaves in an array of colors. A large number of new students are al gathered at the air port. People from all over the world have gathered at this location, because this is the only place in the world where one can board Balefire Academy's privet air ship, and the only way to get there without walking or driving there yourself.

A car pulls up near the entrance of the massive air port and the driver steps out of the car. He walks over to the door behinde his own and opens it to help a young girl out. Miss Lucy takes the man's hand and politely thanks him after she steps out of the car. Her new brother gets out on the other side and walks around to meet them. Aeron take it upon himself to carry Lucy's things, being the gentlemen he is.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry them? I'm strong enough to do so on my own." The cat feren asked and pointed out, feeling just a tiny bit guilty for the kind gesture she was given.

"Ah don't sweat it, I need the oversize. Besides, people would give me weird looks if I made you carry your own luggage." he responded trying to assure her it was alright.

"Ah of cores! You're mucels have gotten a little weaker since I met you. Should I get you more things to carry?" she asked in an innocent sort of tone. Aeron gave her a small glare, it wasnt' an angery one, maybe the slightest bit of annoyance but he didnt' intend to come off as hateful. "I did it again didn't I?" asked the feren. Aeron nodded to her question. "I'm sorry, I promise i'll study really hard and become a normal person!"

Aeron just gave her a smile and a slight laugh before responding. "Don't worry about it, It's not you're fault. Come on, Lets go find out flight, It shold be landing any second now."

Balefire Academy | Staff Lounge

Professor Hartman sat at the far end of the table with some of the other important staff members as well as a few allies to the school. Amelia, Kensei Ma, Saki, Yuru, Oobleck and Hank were all present. The other staff members all seemed to e elsewhere preparing for the arival of the new students.

"Ladies, gentlemen, thank you all for coming on such short notice."said the headmaster as he started off their little staff meeting. As you all know, The new students will be arriving here very soon. More than sixteen thousand students are on their way here as we speak. But only the top four hundred will get to stay." Hartman stood up and snapped his fingers. The lights went out and a progection of a map appeared behinde where he was standing. Hartman made sure to stand clear so he wouldnt' be obscuring the projection for anyone.

This exam will be far more intense than it has been in past years. We've captured wild kishin and given each of them a color with a differant colored tag. Red, white, black, yellow, Orange and brown. The students will enter the forest and attempt to gather one tag of each color. However it won't be that simple. Students are allowed to take tags from other students by force, or trade them if both sides are willing. In addition to this, Saki and Yuru will be patrolling theforest and steeling tags from students who aren't careful."

Hartman wasn't quite finsihed but another of the staff memebers had to interupt for a moment to ask.Kensei sat up slightly and looked at Hartman before speaking. "Parden me sir, you know I would follow you into any conflict but this seems a bit harsh. Some of our third and second year students wouldnt' be able to handle this on their own. Why the sudden change?"

"I'm glad you asked." Hartman answered before looking over to the small girl with silver hair. "Yuru, would you do the honors."

The girl's ears twitched slightly to attention before she realized Hartman was talking to her. She hand't been paying attention, seeming far more relaxed than she should have been, but she caught on quickly enough. "Oh, of cores." she said as she got up from her chair and walked over to the other side of the projection which changed, this time to a map of the earth. "Three hundred years ago, a powerful being found this world and sent his kishin to attack it, gathering energy so he could one day awaken. There are only a hand full of people in the entiar world who know of this, most of them are in this room right now, but of cores you already knew that."

"Over the past fifty years or so, there's been a spike in kishin activity. They're becoming bolder, stronger, faster, and worst of all smarter. This is no coincidance, thebeing, who for the sake of discusion we'll call Taboo, is growing stronger. The number of kishin he can command, as well as their strength is growing. At this rate it might only be one or two hundred more years befroe he awakens at full strength. If this happens... well I'm honestly not sure. Of cores f you're feeling lucky you could always wait for him to awaken and fight him yourself."

"AHEM" Hartman cleared his throat to get Yuru's attention. "That's enough, thank you. Please sit down." Yuru rolled her eyes a bit but did as she was told, taking her seat next to her master. What Yuru was trying to say was, the kishin threat is evolving, growing stronger. And as they grow more powerful, so to must our hunters and huntresses. It's vital for the survival of our world. We can't afford to keep taking it easy."

"Now then lets get back on track. As stated before, Saki and Yuru will be collecting tags from students and preventing them from progressing as much as possible. Hank, Amelia and Kensei will be watching the students and judging weather or not they are cut out to be kishin hunters. Oobleck is the quickest so he'll be in charge of collecting students who become to weak or injured to keep fighting."

Oobleck stood up and saluted Hartmen before proudly announcing. "I won't let you down sir!"

Harman coudlnt' help but grin at his positive attitude. "Perfect. Lets try to keep the casualties to a minimum. Are there any questions before we get started?"

Among the staff hearing the headmasterīs entrance exam, Amelia hadnīt said a single word, not even as a greeting when they got in the room earlier, she was watching everything with detail. They all were people who excelled in something, and while some lacked something, the others balanced things to have all their covers protected. The mention of the rise of kishin activity actually sparked some interest in the blonde Feren as she heard the girl named Yuru talk about the origin of the kishin and how they have been getting more powerful with time.

The huntress still, stood silent until everything was done with both their speeches as she spoke "What about the students going against others? from sixteen thousand kids, some wonīt hesitate to use others as bait for the Kishin" she pointed out. In all honesty, Amelia would easily deal with that situation, no recruit would be able to live after doing such thing. "Each of those teenagers come from all over the world, so there will also be grudges from the different cultures." that was another issue that would occur during the exam, people from different cultures would clash just because of their beliefs.

Yet there was another problem that Vega wanted to address "The students from high classed communities will try to sway their way into the academy. While I hope you arenīt going to fall in greed. The families will keep trying to push their sons and daughters to become hunters just by name." She eyed the headmaster.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Haven - Midgar International Airport

Walking up to the port with luggage in tow and her gear wrapped up to hide what they look like from other students is Yuuki. "It's finally time. Dad, Sis, I'll be a huntress just you watch." She said with a sucker in her mouth and left fist forward and up all excited to follow in her family's footsteps.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Hartman sat back down in his chair and calmly addressed each of the huntress's question as they appeared. "We have three of the worlds greatest kishin slayers patrolling the forest. I have full confidance that these three can protect a few naughty children. As for the high rollers, I can assure you no one is paying their way into the academy. After the entrance exam, only the bravest and strongest students will have the nerve to stay. I've asked these two to make sure of that," he said as he gestured towards Yuru and her master Saki.

Yuru gave Amelia an unsettling but seemingly innocent grin as she then stood up and got ready. She cracked her knuckles on each hand to make sure they were nice and loose for the coming event. "Never thought I would get paid to beat up spoiled rich kids. No really I feel like a kid in a candy store" she said with the same weird smile on her face.

Comment

After Yuru had voiced her enthusiasm about beating up all the children, Saki decided to speak for the first time since the meeting began. Rather than act concerned or angered by Yuru's behavior, Saki simply gave a small playful smile before making contact with the neko girl's arm with her fingertips and speaking.

"Now now Yuru, don't get too excited. It'd be rather hard to raise powerful worries if their all crippled." Saki said before turning her attention to Amelia. "Of course there will be cultural tensions, but from what I have seen, culture, class, and race can fall away when faced with an even bigger threat."

"Sentient beings seem to be in a natural state of conflict; if it's not against each other, then it's against themselves, but when everything they hold dear is being threatened by an even bigger enemy, they tend to band together in rather unexpected ways."

"Besides, with these kids, I'm sure they would rather not screw up their chance of going to a prestigious school simply for the sake of hurting someone that acts a little differently from them. If so, then they will certainly be met with a swift and just punishment.", Saki calmly answered the Huntress.
          Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 03-11-2016, 01:49 AM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Haven ~ Midgar International Airport

"Gee, that was REAL short walk to the airport,” Azur mutters. Snapping to the melody playing on his earphones, Azur continues to walk past with his bag, containing his newly-updated weapon. After being discharged from the hospital in a ridiculously short amount of time, he dropped by the weapon store and made a few modifications to his gun. After all, one couldn’t call shotgun with a dull bayonet attached a weapon. Oh shoot, where the hell am I supposed to go? Azur thought. Looking around, he was sure that he needed to find a hunter or huntress. At least, someone who--resembles--one. Spotting an unlikely candidate, Azur approaches a pink haired girl with a hoodie and some bulky bag, wanting to ask her for directions to Balefire. “Heyo, excuse me, you know where to find Balefire?”
            Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 03-11-2016, 01:56 AM.
            Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
            rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

"Well then, I shall do my job as a judge" Amelia spoke as she got on her feet and made sure her sword was well strapped on her waist, she wanted to see the different students of this year, there were many prospects who could become great hunters, and she was ready to prepare them for the world of survival and saving lives. The feren still had some doubts about how the exam would end up, but she trusted the staff to do their jobs.

"As for what you said of facing the bigger problem Saki, I can assure you that is a complete lie" the tone of the huntress had the faintest hint of sarcasm "The kishin are like the predators in the wilderness, they feed of their prey and fight other predators because that is in their nature" she spoke actually giving the creatures some defense "We on the other hand are aware of our actions, we are supposed to be the more intelligent species, yet there are those who will always prefer their own gain rather than the bigger picture, I hope you can see that before it is too late" and with that, the swordswoman left the room.

Amongthe many travelers coming in and out of the airport, many were students coming for the Balefire academy, some looked fit to fight, others looked like scholars, and so on with the varied people who would try to enter the academy. One of these students was a blonde viking, her attire was of furs and leather, with war paint lines going on her skin and a battle ax strapped on her back. The blonde human was eager to enter to the academy, her training with her parents had made her more prepared with her aura and her skills as a survivor in the wilderness, but she still needed more practice and this academy was the place that she was going to do her best to enter.

If she wasnīt already an oddity with her attire, it was stranger with the way that she lifted the luggage of other people since the airport staff was taking too long to move, so she picked up the luggage of the slow people and placed them in another place. The viking was amazed by the scenery of this city,at least of what she could see from the airportīs building.
              Last edited by Kristia; 03-11-2016, 01:56 AM.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Yuru settled down when her master ordered her too and listened to the conversation. No matter what was said, the cat girl just looked on with a smile not saying a thing until the blond swordswoman started to leave. Yuru spoke in such a way where Amelia would just barely be able to hear her, but she did it in a way that sounded like she wasn't' supposed to hear it. "Master? Just say the word and i'll break her neck for you." Yuru said smugly. She knew Amelia was strong and from the looks of it, possibly a bit primula, but she didnt' seem to worried about her response. After all Amelia was a part of the school and Yuru wasn't. There wasn't' anything stopping Yuru from acting unprofessionally but Amelia didnt' have the same luxury.

Hartman realized that Yuru was trying to provoke her and quickly stepped in to try and put a stop to it. The last thing he wanted was for the two of them to start a war before the students even arrived. "AHEM... Ms. Yuru, shouldn't you be getting ready as well?" he asked as he tried to defuse the situation before it got out of hand.

As Lucy followed her adopted brother around, she noticed that she wasn't sure where her gate was. She looked around to try and find it, but all she saw was a young woman carrying a surprising amount of luggage. ("she must work here, one person couldn't' possibly have all that luggage by themselves.") she thought to herself. She turned back to. Aeron for just a moment "I'll be right back." she told him before running over to the female viking

The cat Feren lightly tapped the girl on the shoulder to get her attention. "Excuse me ma'am. do you know where the ship to Balefire is landing? My brother and I can't seem to find our gate." she asked trying her hardest to be polite.
                Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 03-11-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

A petite girl steps out of a taxi with her suitcase in tow. Wordlessly, she pays the driver his fare before walking into the busy airport. She holds up a sheet of paper in her left hand, rereading the instructions to ensure she takes the correct flight to Balefire Academy. As she walks toward the gate, she suddenly turns on her heel and begins walking in a different direction.

"Miu, what are you doing?" The rose on the girl's arm pauses for a moment to allow her host to answer, but her host doesn't respond. "Miu, we don't have the time for this, we should find the gate first." The girl pays no attention to the nagging flower as she continues toward a young woman behind a counter at the airport's cafe. "Miu, please. Ugh, there's no satisfying your appetite for sweets, is there?"

The girl points at a chocolate-coated cheesecake sitting in a glass display case and begins fishing out money from her purse to pay for it. After a quick transaction, she sits down at a nearby table with a delicious treat in front of her and a fork in hand, watching the flow of people as she takes delicate bites of the pastry.
                  Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 03-24-2016, 06:24 AM.

Comment

A lethal game of tag. That was new. Hank was leaning up against the wall, arms crossed over his chest as he listened on in silence. The talk of sway and other such was something Hank didn't really care about, as he wasn't paid to. However, he did hear Yuru's comment about neck-snapping, despite it's quiet volume.

"I would be very careful with your choice of words, Yuru." Hank simply said, not even looking at her. "And Hartman does have a point, and I'd highly recommend you follow it. lest you wish I practice my own form on you later."

He stopped leaning, glancing to Hartman. "I must prepare." And with those simple words, he was gone.
                    Last edited by Koishi; 03-11-2016, 01:08 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Haven - International Airport

Yuuki turned to the guy who asked her. "You must not be from around here. The best way to get there is by plane or boat." She answered. "Good luck." She waved as she heads towards her gate.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

As the girl turned to Azur, she seemed to have a... straightforward look. Knowing this, it probably signaled Azur that these students heading to Balefire are not messing around. Wow, Lodestar ain't nothing like Sentrios... he thought to himself, Plus one to the personality, haha! All the more for his confidence, then.

"Alright, thanks a billion," Azur replied, "I'm gonna go by plane." After waving the girl goodbye, Azur continued following the huge crowd of to-be hunters and huntresses.

Many of the students, as observed, had a serious look on their face. Some short, some tall, some strong, and some small. Wasn't anything to ponder upon, though; all his classmates back at Sentrios sure knew how to rock the "be yourself" kind of attire. Albeit, there were a few unique ones, as well: some Azur had never seen before. Hold up, Azur thought. He paused for a second, and briefly glanced at this girl eating some strange cake-like pastry. A solara? Azur pondered, No, can't be. she doesn't look the part... The rose and the vines on her arm made Azur shudder a little bit, albeit randomly. Brushing it off, Azur just went back to following the crowd, hoping that she didn't notice. "Definitely some unique people..." he muttered to himself.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Unfortunately for Azur, Miu did notice his uncomfortable stare at her, or rather at Rosa.

"He definitely looks like he can hold his own in a fight. You think he's a student a Balefire?"

Miu simply nodded in response. She finished the last bite of her cheesecake and left to follow the boy.

Comment

It's been a while since I've stepped foot in the airport, Azur thought, Last time I've been here, it was when I was a young lad... The crowd of hunters and huntresses didn't really look unusual to Azur. What did, however, is how they're carrying weapons into an airport. "Bringing weapons to an airport? Hah, benefits of being a combat student," Azur thought. He checked his pockets if he was missing anything; perhaps, a spare gun clip. Everything was there: wallet, phone, that knuckle from the desert, and most importantly, that spare chocolate bar that he bought from the convenience store earlier. "Might as well," Azur stated.

Taking out the chocolate bar and unwrapping it, he began to eat it on the way to the Balefire gate. Everything went along fine; that was, until Azur discovered that girl from earlier following him. What? Azur thought, She saw me? Sharp. He wasn't sure if it was because he glanced at her, or if it was because of his chocolate bar. Gee, I swear, if she followed be because of food... Azur pondered, Well, that's a plausible reason, actually. After a bit, that weird feeling was back? Was it perhaps the rose, again? Damn... Whatever that rose is on her arm, it's definitely giving me shivers for absolutely no reason, Azur thought to himself. He kept walking, albeit a bit slower.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

What the crazy girl said made the feren stop in her tracks "Headmaster, please control your pet, while I respect you open minded freedom to each of us, I wonīt hesitate to deal with idiots and slackers, so if the cat wants to be stupid and fight, let her be, my blade wonīt stop its wake" she spoke not caring at all that she just threatened Yuru and even the headmaster himself. She was here with a deal, there was no contract or legal paper that obligated her to endure the stupidity of some people. If it was for Amelia, she would have just punched the girlīs face for her smug and taunting personality.

Diana was getting bored with the waiting as she put the last piece of luggage on its spot ("Well then, the travelers will have an easier time to get their stuff now") she thought and then took her book. It had notes about what she had collected and what information about the academy. The blonde viking was about to head to the gate when she felt someone tapping her shoulder, looking at the person, Dane noticed that it was a feline feren asking about the same gate she was going "Well, the gate isnīt that far, Iīm already heading there, you are also a student right?" she asked the girl

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X