X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Esper Bunker

Bullets flew through the smoke and tore through metal and flesh as each bullet eliminated its target. Jason landed on his feet with a thud as each soldier crumpled to the ground, dead. He quickly reloaded his grenade launcher and walked forward, knowing full well the room was clear. Just as he was about to transmit that the room was clear, a familiar voice came onto the radio. Nobody could see, but Jason furrowed his brow as he looked down at the radio and intercepted the signal.

("Hi Jason, Tethys here. Having a bit of a fit are we? Look, I'll get right to it. I'm sure neither of us like the current situation. I'm being threatened with being decommissioned if we can bring you back, and you or some of your new friends might end up killed. So here's the proposal. You come with us, peacefully, and no one will have to get hurt.

I'll even throw on a few extra perks. Make you captain of some secret force, or something like that. Give you some free space, and even maybe tell you where some of your family is. You decide, but to me, that sounds like a pretty good deal.")

In truth, Jason did not like the thought of being cornered with a deal he had no idea would even be held. No, if that were the case, then they would not have blasted the door like this. They should have run a diplomatic mission instead of going on the offensive and blasting a hole in the top entrance of the bunker. Not only that, but why was he to be promised all these extra perks? Wouldn't they just put him back in the position he was already in? That was what he was made for. They would not waste money on having him elsewhere. No, Tethys did not have the authority to move his position. She was but an overseer, an assistant, not a director. It smelled a bit like a trap, so if there was going to be dealings, then he was going to make some demands of his own. They were both on thin ice, so what was there to lose?

"I want my freedom. Can you promise that? How do I know you'll leave the people here unharmed?", Jason said into his helmet's radio.

He then turned his attention to the Espers and mentally transmitted all that was said before thinking to them.

("I'll keep them on the line. Misaka, get to charging that EMP and move in formation with Jennifer, in front of her. Jennifer, move up and close the door on your way out."), Jason thought as he began to move closer to the ladder.

To be honest, Jenny was a bit nervous about the proposal that was mentally broadcasted to them. Sure, they only knew Jason for a while, but he wouldn't switch sides that easily, would he? She tried to keep focused on what was instructed, moving up and hoping for a response from Raina on his intentions.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Project Esper Bunker

Misaka had been preparing to EMP the area since Jason first mentioned it to her. Now that it was almost time she proudly answered back ("The EMP is ready, just tell me when to fire.") There wasnt' a hint of doubt in her mind that Jason was still on their side. Call it naivety or intuition, but the thought never crossed her mind.

Raina transmitted everything picked up by the radio as instructed by Jason. When she sensed unease in Jenny's mind and Jason's will to be exonerated she gladly chimed in to help. ("Don't worry jenny, he's to clever to fall for their ploy.") she assured her. ("Alex is engaging the enemy. He's currently heading for the IP soldier in the chopper.")

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

"I'd say that's a pretty darn good estimation" Bandit spoke as he tilted his head. He then crossed his arms, looking a little annoyed for a moment as he spoke. "And yes, I understand ya loud n' clear ma'am. I may be forgetful, but I can at least understand a few questions here and there." He stated before looking back to the scientist. . . then back to glancing around the room again.

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

"Just making sure, is all. You would be surprised how well some creatures can give off a facade of intelligence." Matis replied, scribbling further notes down idly as thy continued, ruby optics locking back onto Bandit after a couple of moments.

"Now, the next question. What is the first thing you can remember? If you remember waking somewhere, can you remember where, even vaguely? Anything helps." Matis asked, adjusting their legs within the chair as they spoke.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Project Esper Bunker

It sounded like Jason didn't quite trust Sidna. That was reasonable. They were, after all, currently engaged in combat. Only a fool would trust the enemy like that.

"Well, that depends on your definition of freedom. I couldn't have you walking around on the street like you are now. Would simply cause too much commotion. 'Why is there a soldier in the city?', 'He looks big and scary,' 'Has I done something wrong?'. What I can give you is freedom to carry out your day as a commander within a military base as you want, as long as you follow the orders of your superiors. That's how it is for all of the military," Sidna tried to explain to him, changing her voice to ordinary citizens when imitating them.

"Explaining why I will leave the people here unharmed is more complicated, but it boils down to politics. I can see why it would be hard for you to understand. We never really covered that too much. Here's the basic gist. There's always a good guy and a bad guy. For society at large, we are the good guy, but for the soldiers' family, if that soldier dies, we're the bad guy. We don't want to be the bad guy. So why are we attacking? Well, when a good guy finds a bad guy, the good guy needs to beat the bad guy, or at least make it look like they do, or they're not a good guy. Hopefully, you can work out the rest yourself. Oh, one last to make it a bit more complicated. There needs to be a bad guy."

"So, what you say? I'd prefer an answer as soon as possible. Not really in the situation where we can think it over for that long."

Sidna hoped that she had explained to him in a simple way that we would understand, where she still seemed somewhat impartial. If he again said no, then that placed him entirely on her kill-list.

Aircraft above project Esper Bunker

"We got a person approaching at 40 mph", one of the soldiers called out.

Ceres walked up to the monitor showing the person. "That's Accelerator, head away from him at 150 mph, and make sure the optical camouflage is turned on. We do NOT want to engage in combat," she yelled out to the aircraft.

Right, so Accelerator was heading towards them, what could she do to avoid a battle? And if she did end up in a battle, what advantages did she have when fighting him? What sort of weapon did they have around here that she could use that did not produce a vector? Information, one of her most potent weapons, her voice, was one such choice, but it might not work here.

"Correct the weather forecast to go into effect 1 minute from now," she said to one of the soldiers at the monitors.

"Prepare my personal battle suite and a railgun that I can use from up here. I want it to include the optical camouflage, be weatherproof, have a good encrypted link to the targeting system, and include an eye monitor where I can receive video feeds from all over the battlefield," she ordered.

A few seconds later, a message was sent to all the soldiers on the ground. "We now bring you an update to the weather forecast earlier today. It looks like the pressure is changing rapidly, so we recommend anyone that doesn't already have their rainwear on to put that on now. That's all for. Thank you for your attention."
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
            X