X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site 47 | Research Wing

Bandit didn't say much else as he gave a nod and halfhearted wave to Soane as he entered the room.

The green gas man took a few steps into the room and looked around, as if he was looking for anything possibly dangerous. He didn't say much at all until he spotted the lone scientist in the back. The scientist seemed a little too preoccupied with another experiment at the moment to notice Bandit. Prompting the little green gas fellow to make a noise as if he was clearing a throat he likely didn't actually have. Bandit then spoke. "Um.... Hello? I'm here for.... testing or something."

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

"An evaluation of sorts, yes." the scientist spoke as they finished their work, scribbling down some notes on a datapad of sorts before fully turning their attention to the cloud-like being, giving them their first full look at the scientist in question. Their general body structure and face made it hard to tell an immediate gender, though one could easily note their features being quite sharp, their brown hair well-kept and short, and most notably, their eyes, synthetic in nature, internal optics narrowing as they looked up and down at Bandit, the faint red glow they emitted being somewhat intimidating in combination with their height, dwarfing the gas-bag.

"Greetings. I apologize if I looked distracted, but I was finishing up a study." they started. "My name is Matis Draem. I imagine you have places you'd like to be, so if you would please sit down, we can get started." the doctor's voice was quite cold and professional in tone, betraying no emotion as they grabbed a notepad and pencil, sitting down themselves as they gestured to the chair opposite them.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

From the way they seemed to practically tower over him, right down to their faintly glowing red eyes and the way this scientist stared at Bandit. It was safe to say that Bandit was feeling quite anxious in front of them. Their sharp stare for a moment made Bandit feel like he was going to remember something. Like he's been on the receiving end of a similarly sharp, analytical gaze from someone else. For a moment he almost felt like he was in trouble or something. Like he broke some sort of rule. In the end however his mind was drawing blanks, and he completely forgot about that nagging feeling in the back of his head as he quickly scurried over to the chair and sat down, still looking a little more than nervous.

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

While there wasn't exactly a face to look at, Matis could easily tell the cloud's anxiety from their movements, the antsy nature, unconscious movements, and numerous other smaller hints that Matis had learned to pick up on over the years.

"Calm yourself, you need not worry." Matis's voice shifted somewhat, shrouding their professionalism with a somewhat soothing tone, a facade that was near indistinguishable from an actual caring voice.

"All I need for you to do is answer some questions for now as best as you can, alright?" Matis affirmed. "If you don't know something, just say so. First question: What is your name, or what do other people call you?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Oceans of cali
            ((Well well.... looks like I struck a damn nerve... heh, this should be fun to scare the rest of the men that haven't met me. I'm guessing that means the thing I saw was in fact his intended target.))

She closes her eyes as she is thinking this, as her demeanor begins to slowly shift towards her more... cold persona. She starts to seemingly become almost a different person from the view of an outside perspective and the feel from her would seem almost... off. Her eyes would open and they seem almost like a cold and calculating killer, prepared to search for it's next victim. She gives a cold smirk towards his direction before giving a simple and emotionless, "Oh? YOU want information from me? Okay. I'll explain all that I saw then, giving you a full run down of what I could see from my distance." before going on about how far off, the speed they must've been travelling, which directions she could see the trees fall in which order they fell. She also left out all of the things she was doing in the meantime so that he wouldn't get ticked off more than he already was. This probably would've taken quite a bit of time explaining considering she was trying to remember things that would've stuck out to her, but she would eventually get through the whole thing and look over to him.

"was that enough of an explaination for you, 013?" She says back in her cutesy persona, seemingly instant.
            Last edited by LilyScarlet; 04-14-2019, 10:15 PM.
            "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Project Esper Bunker

Ceres looked down at the soldiers from above. They were about a kilometer away from where all the action was happening. Close enough to keep track of the soldiers as a whole, but not close enough to give them orders. Not as specific as she wanted them to be anyway. While it was true that she preferred to keep her distance, that only applied if she could actually take aim at the target. No such luck with all the trees in the way. The next best option? Being down on the ground. Preferably with her optical camouflage, and doing the work herself. Unfortunately for her, that wasn't an option either. Sidna had given her a clear message that she would not put herself in harm's way if not needed. Thus there she was, on lookout for something interesting.

"Got any binoculars with thermal vision around this ship?" she asked around her. Maybe she could spot something interesting if she saw the world differently?

"You sure? It will likely be just as useless as your normal vision soon," one of the soldiers replied. Despite that, he still moved towards some boxes which Ceres assumed contained the binoculars.

"But they won't be useless right now. Might as well take advantage of that small window". She tried to sound confident. It was just a lie though. In truth, she just wanted to kill time.

"Here you go," the soldier said while handing her the binoculars. "Just ask if you're unsure about the settings."

Ceres took the binoculars and eyed all the different settings. Normal operation, thermal imaging, night vision, and more. It even had a digital mode. That could maybe come in handy later.

Before she got any further, the radio kicked in. "Status update to Ceres, we've breached into the circular room, and are getting ready to place more charges to break into the main bunker. We recorded the audio of the charges going off, and we're hoping you could use them to better analyze the structure of the base."

"Sure, just upload the files, and I'll take a look at them. No promises though." She said. In truth, she would just hand over the files to Sidna and let her to the processing.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

"I uh..." Bandit mumbled as he got caught a little off guard at how suddenly she started asking questions. Thankfully he didn't let his mind go too far off track as he quickly managed to get an answer out.
                "My name? It's uh.... Bandit! Yeah, came up with the name myself. Don't know any other name's other than 'green guy' or 'green fella' or stuff..." He answered, having stopped fiddling about anxiously, but still a little uneasy deep down. Mainly due to the thoughts of being asked any questions he might not be able to answer... almost like a kid forgot to study for an exam.

Oceans of Cali

013 listened intently to Senna's report of her experiences before meeting up with him and everyone else. The details she had given him allowed him to click a few things together, and with this knowledge in hand he sat down.

The look on his face went from being sharp and a little threatening, to a more calmed and contemplative one. Crossing his arms he tilted his head and thought a bit more.

He remembers when he and his team found nothing when they searched the trucks they attacked. However the one that wasn't badly damaged, did show signs of some thing busting out from the inside. Despite that it wasn't definite proof that something did escape from the trucks. After that there wasn't much else his team found before they were assaulted by the military and rescued by the people of the vessel they are currently on. Thanks to Senna's info however, he was able to mostly connect some things together.

He then looked at Senna and asked "And how long ago was it when you witnessed what you saw? Was it immediately before you converged on my squad's location? Or was it significantly earlier than that?"

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing
                  Matis noted the name down on their datapad quickly, giving a small smile towards Bandit in another attempt to calm them.

"Good. Since Bandit is a far better name to put down on documentation than 'green fellow'." the scientist replied. "Next question. How old are you? Considering i've heard you have memory issues, i'm not expecting the most accurate answer, but just give me an estimate."

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

During the brief moment it took for Matis to jot down Bandit's name into her datapad thingy, Bandit was already taking quick glances around the room. Thankfully he managed to snap his head and focus back to Matis when she asked him yet another question. This time about his age.

For a moment Bandit started scratching his chin and then the back of his head. Trying desperately to remember. "Hmm... Ya know, I ain't too sure. Livin' in a sewer for most of what I can remember makes it hard. Can't remember anythin' before a couple weeks ago." He spoke as he continued to try and think. "Yep. Can't remember anythin' before that."

Comment

Site 47 | Research Wing

"Better than I anticipated, to be honest. Would you say around 2-4 weeks would be a good estimate? If we can figure out the time-range and the area, it's possible we could figure out where exactly you came from. And thus figure out exactly how you came to be as you are." Matis explained, pausing for a moment before adding "You understand what I mean, yes?"

Comment

Project Esper Bunker

"Status update to Ceres, we've breached into the circular room, and are getting ready to place more charges to break into the main bunker. We recorded the audio of the charges going off, and we're hoping you could use them to better analyze the structure of the base."

"Sure, just upload the files, and I'll take a look at them. No promises though."

Upon receiving the intercepted signal and hearing it through his onboard speakers, he gave Raina the affirmative that they had a message. Their window was narrowing. It was time to act.

("Seems we may have an IP in the combat zone... Window Closing. Misaka, open the cylinder to a crack, just big enough for me to slip through. Jenny, put a barrier right behind me. I'll give the all-clear when all hostiles are down."), Jason thought as he grabbed his XM40 Grenade Launcher and CORAS C2G7 Assault Rifle.

Jenny nodded to Jason and readied herself for her part in this plan. It was good to see he was on their side.
                        Originally posted by S121
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Project Esper Bunker

Stalker made himself scares for the moment. Misaka created an electro magnetic shield around her body powered by her ability, making sure to stand between herself and Jenny for an extra layer of protection. On Jason's order, she turned the room, the men inside it seeing the walls rapidly spin as the door opened just big enough to fit Jason in. At the same time the hole they made on the other side was pushed, preventing anyone else from getting in through it.

Meanwhile up top, Alex had gotten started as well. He found a large rock, about the size of his head before tossing it towards a group of soldiers, lining up at least 2 of them. As the rock left his hand though, it suddenly accelerated to well over 7000 miles per hour, causing a loud BOOM to sound as it broke the sound barrier. But by the time anyone heard the boom, it would have been too late for the targeted soldiers.

Comment

Project Esper Bunker

As soon as Misaka opened the revolving room, Jennifer sealed Jason off from the rest of the room, making a funnel of sorts to allow him through, but no bullets to come out.

It was in that moment when time seemed to slow for Jason. He sprang into action, firing a 40mm grenade into the slit in the wall, and immediately jumped and spun himself like a screw, bullet jumping through the air. As soon as the grenade exploded, Jason was already halfway through, giving enough time to switch over to his night vision and lock on to his enemies. Jason's visor lit up with multiple red triangles, and he let loose a hail of homing bullets, all aimed for faces and center-mass.
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Project Esper Bunker

Ceres guessed what would happend next as soon as she saw the grenade in the videofeeds from the soldiers. The next moment they were all dead. She'd likely have to fake the next part. Jason was supposed to be dead after all. "Focus on the figure that just entered the frame", she told one of the operators.

"Would you look at that. A clone, just as we anticipated. Seems like a rather good one too. Considering that, and the fact that they were able to grow it so quickly, I'm glad we found this rebel site. Would be a real hornet's next if we had left it any longer.", she said once Jason was shown.

Of course, it wasn't really Jason she was looking for. He was old news. It was that girl with the electric powers. Sadly she hadn't shown herself yet. Luckily she wouldn't be too hard to locate once she used her powers. She would act almost like a beacon, if you just knew where to look.

After that Ceres sent a message to Sidna. "We found Jason, you can talk to him using one of the soldiers radio's if you want" she wrote, together with one of the radios around Jason

"Hi Jason, Tethys here. Having a bit of a fit are we? Look, I'll get right to it. I'm sure neither of us like the current situation. I'm being threatened with being decommissioned if we can bring you back, and you or some of your new friends might end up killed. So here's the proposal. You come with us, peacefully, and no one will have to get hurt".

Although it wasn't uncommon for Sidna to lie, it wasn't uncommon for her to make deals like this either. If she gained from it, she would gladly hold up her end of the deal. In this case, sure she would benefit from the deal in quite a few ways. If he turned bad again later, or she couldn't keep him after all, there were always quieter ways to kill someone.

"I'll even throw on a few extra perks. Make you captain of some secret force, or something like that. Give you some free space, and even maybe tell you where some of your family is. You decide, but to me, that sounds like a pretty good deal"
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Project Esper

Alex was going about his business slaughtering the enemy foot soldiers. Anyone that got close to him was promptly blenderized, anyone that ran either got launched into the air or had their bodies destroyed by rocks, bits of wood or whatever else Alex wanted to throw at them. one poor sap even had one of his buddies thrown at him, both bodies falling apart from the impact. While all this was going on, Network had relayed the transitions Jason was picking up to the other espers. However when they heard about an IP in the area she quickly pulled out her phone and made a call.

On the other end of that call Alex took his phone out of his pocked and answered. "This better be good."

"Accelerator. there's a bar code south-southeast of your location."

"ID?"

"Unknown."

Alex hung up the phone and put it away again. He was done with the small fries and now making a bee line for Ceris, moving at about 40MPH through the dense forest.

Comment

Working...
                                X