X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OOC Board] - The Infinite Project: A Future Based RP

Welcome everyone to the first RP I have made in who know's when! Seriously though this is the first RP I have made in a incredibly long time. It's based around a story that I am working on myself. After seeing that a fellow member of these forums (*cough* Cucoo *cough*) made an RP based off his stories I decided to make an RP based off a story of my own that I am currently writing. So far only 1 chapter of it was made, and the chapter is quite short and does not have the best grammar due to me writing it on an old computer where my spellchecker didn't want to work when I was writing it in Microsoft Word...

I'm definitely going to redo my that first chapter...

Either way even with it still really early in development I have a lot of ideas, plans, and a decent plot set up at least. I just need to get around to actually writing it...

Well now onto the RP!!!

Prologue:

It is the year 2173... and it has been roughly 70 years since the long 30 year war had finally came to an end.. Things are calm and back to normal. The US became the first government to colonize the moon while the Russians were the first to successfully send a man to Mars and back. After this war many new phenomena started happening all over the world. Reports on people with psychic abilities started popping up, spirits have been established as actual existing beings. Hell they even have even been considered to still be people in most countries! Many things have happened and the world is already about to be plunged into chaos... as you should know... 40 years ago all major governments had started a project to develop powerful super-humans in case another war were to be started. Already there are more than at least a hundred super-humans throughout the world. These super-humans were created from the highly modified DNA of humans. These super-humans were designed to be used in any future wars. However ten years ago a lone super-human by the code-name of Infinity had awoken from his cryo-pod a week early. After testing was done on Infinity the results came back negative. Due to him waking earlier than expected his abilities hadn't activated yet. Since it was far too late to put him back into his cryo-pod they had no other choice but to terminate him as he was considered to have no use any longer... unfortunately for them though Infinity did not wish to be terminated. As such he tried to break free of his prison, and much to his luck his abilities had activated, allowing his escape. Afterward Infinity had taken up the name Hajime as he managed to go hide in Tokyo. Word quickly spread through the major governments that a super-human had managed to escape. After the other super-humans got word of this they decided that they didn't have to work with the government anymore and attempted to escape themselves... some have succeeded... while others failed...

Now lets jump to current day. Super-humans are now considered fugitives of most military organizations. Most super-humans wish to live normal lives like the original escapee Infinity A.K.A. Hajime, while others despise the military organization and wish to tear them down piece by piece for attempting to use them as slaves. The original escapee Hajime is now thought to be dead. It is thought that his body had destabilized and he had died somewhere in the streets... Now whose side will you join? Will you fight for those who just wish to live normal lives, or will you side with those who despise the military for what they are?

IT'S UP TO YOU TO DECIDE!

Different Races:

Humans- Just what they sound like normal humans. Usually normal humans don't have any outstanding abilities like enhanced strength or anything. Though due to the odd phenomena that have been going on after the war some humans have been obtaining special abilities like telekinesis and such. People with these abilities are usually classified under what element they can mentally control. Examples are as follows:
    Spoiler:

Psychokinetic's: A generic form of telekinesis. It's basically moving and controlling objects with your mind.

Pyro-kinetic's: Humans with the ability to create and control flames with their mind.

Hydro-kinetic's: Humans with the ability to form water out of air molecules, as well as control water and other liquids with their mind.

Aero-kinetic's: Humans with the ability to control air currents with their mind. Can even condense wind into a blade if they trained themselves in order to do so.

Cryo-kinetic's: Humans with the ability to control ice or form ice from water with their mind. Usually a sub-branch of Hydro-kinetic's. People who have hydro-kinesis usually can train themselves further into being able to turn water into ice.

There are many other forms of telekinesis out there yet to be discovered. People with any form of telekinesis usually don't have to worry on any physical strain on their body. The major downside to these abilities are the fact that the user must put a lot of focus into using these abilities. Making it quite difficult to use for combat purposes. Most people generally use these abilities just to aid them with normal life.

Half-breeds- Due to past contamination of the Earth during the 30 Year War some people have began to develop traits of certain animals. For example some people look completely human with the exception of say cat ears, or a dog's tail. People with these traits usually have abilities pertaining to the animal they have traits of. For example:
    Spoiler:

People with features of a cat or so will usually have the agility and enhanced senses of a cat. While people with traits of a bird like say wings or so will be able to fly with them and all.

These abilities can even be specific to the breed of animals a person has traits of. These abilities have no drawbacks except for the fact that the person with these traits will also usually act more like the animals they have traits of.

Luckily the global contamination has nearly been cleaned up save for a few places that are still contaminated (but properly quarantined.)

Super-humans- Special humans created from scratch by the military. Most escaped while others still are forced to work with the military, and others have been hunted down and flat-out killed. Others have survived and managed to hide in cities and towns as normal citizens. These super-humans generally have slightly increased speed, strength, and reaction time. As well as one unique ability to them. These abilities vary from super-human to super-human. These Super-humans may be stronger than others, but their powers come at a cost. Using their special ability they slowly go unstable. Eventually going insane over time. Meaning these abilities must be used in the most dire of situations. Their increased speed, and strength though don't have much negative consequence. Enhanced physical abilities also vary from super-human to super-human.

Rules:

Rule 1: No power-gaming, god-modding, meta-gaming or anything of the sort. Breaking any of those rules results in a warning.

Rule 2: Be balanced when planning out a character. Even though I will allow people to make up their own abilities and races if they wish I don't want anyone to have overpowered characters.

Rule 3: Please have at least decent grammar when writing a post. I don't want people to type l1k DiZ 4 teh lulz (fail internet speak FTW!) I know this is a standard for role-plays, but I just want to remind people.

Rule 4: This isn't really a rule, but more like a special note. Even though my character Hajime is a main character in my story he will still be one of the main characters in the RP. Though the spotlight will also be shown onto other characters as well. Everyone will have an equal part in the expanding story.

Rule 5: You can have more than one character. In fact the total amount of characters anyone can have is 5. Though if you don't think you can handle controlling multiple characters then feel free to stick to just one. I don't care how much characters you have.

Rule 6: Be kind and respectful to others. If I find you directly (and purposefully) insulting another member of the RP in the OOC then I will have to give you a personal warning, and if you continue then I will have to kick you out of the RP temporarily. Then when you come back and continue to cause trouble then I or any mod of the RP will have to report you.

Rule 7: Keep post length consistent. It doesn't have to be like 4-5 pages long if it doesn't have to be. At least try and make posts of 3 sentences in length at the least.

Rule 8: Keep all the rules in mind. Break any of them and I will have to give you a warning. If you have received more than 3 warnings then I will kick you out of the RP temporarily. Then on your return if you continue to cause problems then I will ban you from this RP. I don't like being mean, but this is the best way to keep things calm and peaceful OOC wise.

Rule 9: Do not swear. If you do swear at least censor it like sh*t or f*ck.

Spoiler:

Rule 10: Romance is allowed. Just no explicit stuff. We don't want to know what goes on in the bedroom between two characters in a relationship. I mean kids could be on here for crying out loud! (Though if there are kids then they shouldn't really be on the internet without adult supervision.)

Rule 11: Have fun!

Rule 12: In the OTHER: section of the app type "Infinity is Key" to know you at least read the rules.

APPLICATION:

Name:

Race: (Can create your own race if you wish. I mean this is a world where ghosts freaking exist. In fact you could even be things like vampires and werewolves and stuff if you wish. If you do make your own race list that races natural abilities and all. You can also ask me to put it in the Different Races: section up above the rules there.)

Height:

Weight:

Physical Appearance: (Can use pictures. Though if you don't want to use pictures then be descriptive of their appearance.)

Bio: (Try and make the bio at least a paragraph in length.)

Personality:

Abilities: (Abilities as in special powers a character can have.)

Skills: (What is your character good out? Is he a professional hacker that knows the ins and outs of hacking? Or is he more agile? Capable of pulling off wicked parkour tricks and stunts with relative ease? Try to incorporate your characters special abilities into your characters skills!)

Other: (Any last notes about your character that I or the selected staff of this RP should know about before accepting you?)

MY CHARACTER APP(S) COMING SOON!!!

CHARACTER LIST:
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-15-2013, 03:55 AM.

Question: What is the posting pace? Is this a machine gun RP up to the what we have had in ATWAG or is it as slow as Fight against Fantasy? I may join if it's not too fast. Looks interesting.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

I don't want it to be too fast like ATWAG. I want it to go at a nice steady pace. The 3 sentence rule is AT THE LEAST. I still want people to at least try and make decent length posts. At least a paragraph in length. I don't want posts going by like machine gun fire.

Comment

@SUSTIC

You should have seen ATWAG when it first started out. There was a post every minute! XD

The funny thing is, they were also decent sized posts.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@S121

You know they were actually discussing to delete the section back then about around the time when we were blowing up Base 3. They said it was a failure, partly because of machine gun posting and small posts. I think we have been able to prove that wrong now tough with a few of the RP's around here.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

THEY WERE PLANNING ON DELETING THE RP SECTION BACK THEN!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT!?!?!?

Comment

@Katrix

I wouldn't call it a failure. ATWAG was and still is the most popular RP on this Forum.

Besides, it would be kind of drastic to take the nuclear option and remove the entire section. What about all the other RPs that could be potentially born? Did they make some kind of warning?

I suppose small posts could be bad, but I don't see how it would be bad all the time.

As for machinegun posting, I never had too much of a problem with it. It always kept the suspense fresh, like when we made that fight scene with John and Ansem. That was a good battle. In a way, it promotes quick thinking.

I guess I follow the more casual approach to RPing; as long as it's alive and fair, it's a success...
              Last edited by S121; 10-13-2013, 02:45 PM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Yup, some posts in the RP got extremely small

it was just the half of a line and no fundamental information

So we were this close to lose the RP section
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm a more casual RPer myself, and I don't intend for any of my RP's to come off as "hardcore" or just for those who "want to get things done quickly." I just like RP's that go at a decent pace.

So what do you all think of my RP? It is the first RP I have made in a incredibly long time.

Comment

I would probably join up with a female main this time...
                    Kiara Aquala (The one that's currently seen in my story as a human medic, but she was a water nymph before a certain curse)

I'll work out her bio thing eventually.

EDIT:
                    Scratch that, I'm using Eleos all the way. He's just much easier to get myself into character for him.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

@S121

Looks good. Might join. Have to watch a movie first from where I will take character design a little from.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Well here is my application. An IC thread won't be made until more people officially join this RP.

Name: Hajime A.K.A. Infinity. The Original Escapee.

Age: to be of the age 21, but he is actually about 30+ years old. His exact age is unknown. His youthful appearance is due to him being a super-human. Most super-humans retain a youthful appearance. Matching the designated age they were supposed to look like.

Race: Super-human (technically still a faulted one.)

Height: 6ft 1/2

Weight: 210 lb

Physical Appearance: Has the build of a standard 21 year old male. Blue Eyes, Short combed back black hair. He wears an orange short black sleeved shirt, black jeans, and black combat boots. He also has a dark grey trench coat that he can occasionally be seen wearing. He also wears black fingerless leather gloves. Underneath the gloves are symbols. One on each hand. On his left hand is a symbol resembling that of a x shaped scar. On his other hand is the same symbol. He wears the gloves to hide them. The symbols are a light blue in color. He also has the tendency to look stressed out in situations where he shouldn't even be stressed out. He has bags under his eyes which at first one would think he hasn't been getting any sleep, and he has a generally pale complexion. This is mostly due to his body slowly breaking down on a molecular level. Something that has yet to be fixed. Though he can't still as he is still ordered to be terminated.

Bio: Hajime was one of the first hundred super-humans, as well as the first one to have ever escaped confinement. Hajime was a super-human created for the purpose aiding stealth base missions. He was meant to be able to sneak into an enemy base or communications post and use his ability to generate electricity to fry the systems of the base. Allowing a group of special agents to sneak in undetected. However during the last week of his creation something... odd happened. Hajime had woken up a week earlier than his scheduled release. The scientists working on him had quickly took him into testing... the results had came back quite negative...

Hajime's physical abilities hadn't taken full effect yet, and the nano-machines in his blood won't even activate for some reason... mostly because they hadn't had the chance to activate yet. Due to these negative results Hajime or Infinity as he was called at the time was scheduled for termination as soon as possible. Hajime did not want to be terminated. He wanted at least a chance to live a normal life. He at least wanted to see what the world was like... so he attempted an escape. Hajime was eventually caught, but just as he was surrounded something happened that turned the tides... the nano-machines in his bloodstream had activated. His body had gotten the time to adjust and his enhanced strength and speed had also taken effect. Allowing him to easily escape his prison, and flee to the nearest town... which happened to be Tokyo. While there he had managed to find some clothes, and he had taken up the name of Hajime. It's been 10 years since that happened and now all active super-humans had decided to break free of their own prisons. Some have decided to try and live a normal life, while others are now attempting to rebel against most military organizations and even normal humans. Hajime the original escapee is now thought to be dead. It is assumed that his body had eventually broken down at the molecular level. However... little do everyone know... he's still alive...

Personality: Hajime can come off as cold, and even downright rude at times. Despite this he is actually quite nice to those he has actually managed to befriend. Hajime prefers to stay out of people's business as he claims... "people are responsible for their own actions." This does not mean he won't help people though. If someone is truly in danger he will try his hardest to help them. Even then he will only help someone if there is no one else to handle the situation or if it really comes down to it.
                        Hajime also won't really care about anything unless it is directly pertaining to him.

Abilities: Hajime like other super-humans has increased strength and speed. Though nothing spectacular. Hajime is capable of at lifting at least 2 tons if he put all his strength into it. He is also capable of punching holes through solid steel with a heavy punch if he tried hard enough. His speed is equal to that of an Olympic athlete. Capable of performing incredible bursts of speed. Hajime may have decent strength and speed, however that is negated by the fact that he has relatively poor stamina. Hajime tires out quite easily. He can't run at full speed for that long, nor can he use all his strength for that long either. His special unique ability as a super-human comes from special nano-machines within his blood stream. In his blood are millions of nano-machines that generate electrical currents that he can expel through his body. Either through physical contact with something, or by dispersing it in short bursts of electricity similar in effect to a EMP. However due to him being not truly a finished super-human this ability has a greater strain on his body than it would with other super-humans. Using too much energy can seriously drain him, and if he overcharges his body with energy he will go into a state called Over-Load. In this Over-Load state his nano-machines have been charged so much that they have been put into a temporary state where they are putting off as much energy as possible. While Hajime is like this Hajime's electrical attacks are far more potent, but they also deal even more damage to his body. In this state he also temporarily loses his sanity. As such he goes out of control. Attacking friend or foe. Hajime has to use up as much energy as possible while in this state in order to go back to normal. He does not use his electrical abilities much in fear that he might permanently overload the nano-machines in his blood. When in this Over-Loaded state the symbols on his body light up a dark electric blue.

Skills:
                        Hajime is quite proficient in firearms. Most notably the standard handgun which he uses for self defense more often than his actual abilities. Another thing he is quite proficient in is simple hand to hand combat. He uses a pretty brutal fighting style that involves using strong and powerful blows to knock an opponent out as fast as possible.

Other: Infinity is Key to infinite possibilities. Normally a super-human would be able to lift the same weight as he could with relative ease. The reason why Hajime has to put all his strength into lifting that much is due to his imperfect and unstable genetic makeup. This is what causes his lower than normal stamina.
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-14-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Name: Spira (don't want to make up a new name)

Race: Half breed (cat)

Height: I'm not good with height and weight. I'd say she's a little bit short, but not too much.

Weight: I'm not good with height and weight. I'd say she is quite light.

Physical Appearance:
                          Spoiler: About how catlike she is

She looks like a cat in that she have a pretty cat like face. Cat ears, whiskers, mouth and even a tail. However she still have human hands although she can use her nails as claws and they can grow to be used as this. Other than her cat side she looks like a normal human. It's quite hard for her to hide her cat side tough.

She have orange hair (think orange cat) and is normally dressed in a fairly generic shirt and skirt.

Bio: Spira have lived in the woods for most of her life. During her early years she lived in a city, but she disliked this quite a lot as she was bullied quite a lot for looking like a cat that much. She also didn't have to much fun here as there wasn't much to climb around on. After about two years in school she and her parents moved into a forest quite far away. After this she enjoyed life quite a lot. She was free to climb in trees just like she she wanted. After about 8 years living like this her parents said they had to go to town, but never came back. At this point she officially began living in the forest. She abandoned the house she had once lived in and made a new one deeper in the forest. She found her own food and although she was sad about her parents never coming back she didn't think of it too much. When she had to went to a nearby city, but for the most part she lived in the forest.

Personality: She is a person that takes much of her personality from cats. If you just see her passing by in the streets she seem like a person that just want to sneak around and don't get to much noticed. If you get to know her however she show she is more than just that. At some times she may be seen as lazy although she have a job to do, at other times she may come of as a person with lots of energy. This usually changes depending on the time of day and when she last slept. Another thing worth nothing is that she likes to appear more cat like than she actually is. She may go down and crawl around on all four, go up to a group of persons and begin mewing at the or want to get petted. Another example is that she may order milk in a bowl if she is at a place to eat. This is normally her way of screwing around with people and have fun. Another thing to be said is that although she can grow attached to a person she is at her core very independent. A good example of this is when her parents disappeared. She was sad but it didn't sadden her to much.

Abilities: Much more agile than a normal human. She can run a little faster. Able to jump around pretty similar to a cat (just take into consideration that she is bigger than her cat so the length a cat can jump have to be scaled up a bit as well.). She also have a cat nose meaning that she can smell things easier. She have her tail which means that she can keep her balance more easily. She also have pretty good night vision. In light her eyes looks just like any other humans eyes. If it gets dark however they'll reveal their true look and look much more like cat eyes. She is also able to make cat sound that sound completely legitimate (yes I had to put that there).

Skills: She don't have to many skills beside what she have learned from living in the forest alone for quite a few years. She's good at tracking and other skills she used to find food and keep herself alive. Other than that she is also a very agile person. While the forest is her true environment she can quite easily adapt to other environments if she spends some time there. She's already quite good in the city as well. You don't want to get in a fight with her in a forest however. She'll strike that one place you never saw her coming for. In the city she doesn't have quite as many tricks, but if the walls are close enough she may be able to wall jump of them to get forward faster.

Other: Infinity is key
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@SUSTIC

Just a little advice, you might want to increase his strength to super-human levels, considering that he's a superhuman.

The reason I'm saying this is that realistically, a human is capable of lifting 700 lbs, even 1,100 lbs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                              Name: Spira (don't want to make up a new name)

Race: Half breed (cat)

Height: I'm not good with height and weight. I'd say she's a little bit short, but not too much.

Weight: I'm not good with height and weight. I'd say she is quite light.

Physical Appearance:
                              Spoiler: About how catlike she is
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1195[/ATTACH]

She looks like a cat in that she have a pretty cat like face. Cat ears, whiskers, mouth and even a tail. However she still have human hands although she can use her nails as claws and they can grow to be used as this. Other than her cat side she looks like a normal human. It's quite hard for her to hide her cat side tough.

She have orange hair (think orange cat) and is normally dressed in a fairly generic shirt and skirt.

Bio: Spira have lived in the woods for most of her life. During her early years she lived in a city, but she disliked this quite a lot as she was bullied quite a lot for looking like a cat that much. She also didn't have to much fun here as there wasn't much to climb around on. After about two years in school she and her parents moved into a forest quite far away. After this she enjoyed life quite a lot. She was free to climb in trees just like she she wanted. After about 8 years living like this her parents said they had to go to town, but never came back. At this point she officially began living in the forest. She abandoned the house she had once lived in and made a new one deeper in the forest. She found her own food and although she was sad about her parents never coming back she didn't think of it too much. When she had to went to a nearby city, but for the most part she lived in the forest.

Personality: She is a person that takes much of her personality from cats. If you just see her passing by in the streets she seem like a person that just want to sneak around and don't get to much noticed. If you get to know her however she show she is more than just that. At some times she may be seen as lazy although she have a job to do, at other times she may come of as a person with lots of energy. This usually changes depending on the time of day and when she last slept. Another thing worth nothing is that she likes to appear more cat like than she actually is. She may go down and crawl around on all four, go up to a group of persons and begin mewing at the or want to get petted. Another example is that she may order milk in a bowl if she is at a place to eat. This is normally her way of screwing around with people and have fun. Another thing to be said is that although she can grow attached to a person she is at her core very independent. A good example of this is when her parents disappeared. She was sad but it didn't sadden her to much.

Abilities: Much more agile than a normal human. She can run a little faster. Able to jump around pretty similar to a cat (just take into consideration that she is bigger than her cat so the length a cat can jump have to be scaled up a bit as well.). She also have a cat nose meaning that she can smell things easier. She have her tail which means that she can keep her balance more easily. She also have pretty good night vision. In light her eyes looks just like any other humans eyes. If it gets dark however they'll reveal their true look and look much more like cat eyes. She is also able to make cat sound that sound completely legitimate (yes I had to put that there).

Skills: She don't have to many skills beside what she have learned from living in the forest alone for quite a few years. She's good at tracking and other skills she used to find food and keep herself alive. Other than that she is also a very agile person. While the forest is her true environment she can quite easily adapt to other environments if she spends some time there. She's already quite good in the city as well. You don't want to get in a fight with her in a forest however. She'll strike that one place you never saw her coming for. In the city she doesn't have quite as many tricks, but if the walls are close enough she may be able to wall jump of them to get forward faster.

Other: Infinity is key
                              Seems like an interesting character. It'd be interesting to see hour our characters personalities would bounce off each other.

@S121

Edited my app a bit. Remember he is still supposed to be relatively weaker than other super-humans due to him being relatively imperfect still.

Comment

Working...
                              X