X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forest - Spira's "Home"

Spira had been awake for most of the night and had gathered quite a few snacks and goodies. Most of it she usually traded away, but she made food out of quite a bit too. The most usuallt things she caught was rabbits, a few mice, birds, squirrel and maybe a wolverine or two occasionally. One tho most luckiest of days she could even find a deer although this was rare, but then again she wasn't really looking for them anyway. She could even find a hedgehog sometimes which she may pick a few spines from it to sell for a high price.

This time she hadn't gotten too much and had even taken a nap or two during the night. When she came back to her "house" she heard something had happened around the warehouse district in the city. Deciding if she wanted t check it out or now was a tough choice for her.

"I'm tiered. I want to sleep". "There is exiting things going on, don't you want to check it out?" "Yes, but not right now". "But what if the door to this gets closed just as that door yesterday". "My bed is so comfy". "Who knows, maybe you'll even see something unusual?" "Alright, I'll do it, but after this I get a nap." And with that she headed off to the city.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Japan, Yokohama, docks

Kate Lynn had just left. Hikaru now headed towards the train station. They had spent the whole night reading what each other had to report. It was the usual stuff in general, the only thing that was interesting was that there was some unclear information that said that an assasin had been sent to kill a super-human in Tokyo. Hikaru doubted the truth of this, there was just too little evidence to support it.

Hikaru entered the station, and when the opportunity arrived, hopped aboard a train bound for Tokyo and curled up hidden in a luggage rack. Maybe he would find the evidence, he had some business he wanted to attend to in Tokyo anyway.
      How many times can you die a day~?
      How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Tokyo, Japan - Warehouse District

Eleos stood, resting against a wall, on the roof of a tall building overlooking the warehouse district. He had a clear view of everything below, from the main entrances, to the side entrances of the warehouses. He could even see inside most of them with their doors open. Eleos pulled a cigar out and lit it. "Well...now I just wait for the prey to show up. Intel said he'd be here..." He crouched down and pulled out of a case his sniper rifle and started to scan the scene with the scope and calculated wind speed and distance. "Wind...about four kilometers per hour... average distance, about 2 kilometers. Elevation... 150 meters down from current position..."

Comment

Tokyo, Japan - Warehouse District Rooftops

After going all the way to the city Spira eventually reached the city. From there she continued on the rooftops like she always did. It made her feel safer so she wouldn't be ambushed too easily.

When she got near the warehouse district she saw a odd man with a sniper rifle leaning against a wall. This person was different from the one that she meat yesterday however. He din't look nice at all. All it looked like was that he was waiting. That he was going to kill someone. Spira didn't like killing like that. If you are to die you should do so in a proper battle, not what appears to be a normal scene until someone fires a bullet after you.

She kept her distance and slowly went around him so that she was a above him, making sure to be as quiet as possible. She thought that maybe she would be able to stop this person from performing this murder. From there she quietly sat and waited until he made signs of preparing to shoot.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Tokyo, Japan - Warehouse District Rooftops

Eleos watched the scene below, but then had an instinctive feeling...
            "Someone's watching me..."
            He tilted his sniper slightly so that the scope's lens reflected everything behind him. Nothing. He then tilted it so it reflected the area above him. Sure enough...
            Returning to his normal position, Eleos noted the fact there was somebody above him.
            "F*ck...there's no way...I've set off the only way up here so that no one could normally get up here...unless..." He stopped in his train of thought and glanced again so that the scope reflected the person. "...no...that isn't the superhuman in the photo..." Once again he looked back through his scope normally. "Ok...think...what to do..." He then had an idea...completely insane but plausible. "Gods...every time...those damn birds keep trying to nest in there...well...if they come back, I'll spook em good..." He mumbled softly enough that it seemed as if he was talking to himself but loud enough for the person above him to hear.

Comment

Tokyo, Japan - Warehouse District-10:15 AM

Hajime had quickly made it down to the Warehouse District, and there already was a large mob of curious citizens who were being blocked off by the police. Lucky for Hajime is that he easily blended in with the large crowd. The only thing that stood out about him was his outfit. He was the only one with a trench coat there aside from a few detectives scoping the scene. He tried to get a good look at the inside of Warehouse 4 from the back of the mob, but he was too far away and the many people that were there had blocked his line of sight.

"Dammit... need to find another way..." He said as he thought of what to do. After a few minutes of thinking he thought about taking the back alley to see if there was another path leading to the Warehouse. Hajime then walked off towards one of the back alleys. Sure enough he found another path leading to the Warehouse, but unfortunately it was blocked by some two policemen. "Oh come on!" He muttered to himself as he walked back out of the alley. "I can't get into the warehouse with all these police officers around..."

Comment

Tokyo, Japan - Warehouse District - rooftops

Eleos waited for a moment and checked to see if the person was still there.
                They still were.
                "Dammit...this isn't good...there's a group of people down there and I got an unwelcome visitor here...bah." He rolled his eyes up as though asking for some divine assistance. Then he had a thought. There were police down there... He could pass off as some sort of support for them. Now he had to get rid of his guest. "...you know it's not nice to stare." He then glanced back and noticed two more details thanks to his keen eyesight. It was a cat girl. "Well...that changes things..." He switched his tactics slightly. "Unless...you find me that good looking?" He smirked. "You wouldn't be the first one to fall for my charms."

Comment

Tokyo, Japan - Warehouse District - Rooftops

After waiting for some time the person finally talked directly to her. That meant he had noticed her at least. "Even tough I may look like it I'm not dumb. Earlier today, and by today I mean this night, a warehouse burned down. Down there cops are ensuring that normal people won't get a peek at what happened. I see no reason for there being a sniper at one of the rooftops. The ONLY sensible reason that would be was if the thief came back for something so cops were stationed around the place, but that doesn't sound as likely either. First of you would guess it would be more than one, but you are the first one I've seen. Secondly you would assume that they would be wearing some kind of uniform, which you don't have. If you are related to what happened then it would make more sense if you were the thief. If you are not related to what happened that means that you are a random person on a rooftop with a gun ready to shot someone. You don't look like a good guy however you look at it. That's why I have to keep a watch on you."
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Tokyo, Japan - Warehouse District - Rooftops

"So you like the 'bad boy' concept then? Heh, sorry to disappoint but I'm one of the good guys here. I'm a hired gun by the military to make sure a certain person gets taken down before they harm anyone. That's my job, and that's what I got to focus on. Aye, so I'm a bit busy watching out for this guy, but hey, I know a place around town that serves some pretty good sushi. How about it? Later today, perhaps? It'll be on me anyways so ya can't lose on that deal." Eleos smiled his more charming smile.

Comment

Hajime continued to think about what he should do if he wants to get a good look at the burnt down Warehouse.

"Damn... I can't just simply walk in... and I can't just find a way to sneak past the officers... all I need is a decent view of the warehouse..." He thought as he leaned back against the building behind him. That's when he looked up and saw someone on the fire escape who was leaving an empty trashcan on the fire escape. That's when he got an idea. He can use the fire escape on one of the nearby buildings to climb up onto one of the buildings, and he should be able to get a decent view of the warehouse. Quickly he ran into one of the alleys and looked up at the fire escape on one of the buildings. Seeing that one of the ladders are down he grabbed onto the ladder and began climbing up the fire escape of the building that Eleos and Spira are on.
                      Last edited by SUSTIC; 12-20-2013, 03:49 AM.

Comment

When the man finished talking Spira had already vanished from the rooftop. Although Sushi was interesting she had spotted something more interesting, the man from yesterday. While the man was still talking she quickly got over to the other side with a few quiet jumps. It really was worth to go here after all then. "Hello there. Fancy running into you here. Are you interested in what happened here today? Okay just taking a wild guess here. Are you some kind of mercenary that is hired by the military to do some work around here. If that's the case then your friend is already up there." Spira pointed at the man she was talking with just a moment ago. "If that is not the case however... I really want to know what's going on here."
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

As Hajime was climbing up the fire escape he was caught off guard, and even startled by the person he met from the previous night. "Oh don't do that! You'll end up giving someone a heart attack if you do that again!" He said as he thought about the question for a minute. "I would tell you... but... it's a bit confusing, and a bit of a long story. Just to make things short and sweet for you I'm just trying to get a good look at the place from a higher point of view. Now if you'll kindly leave me be then I would promise that I would tell you... the next time we meet?" He replied to Spira. It was obvious that he was trying to avoid telling Spira who he is, but he kind of doesn't have a choice right now. For all he knows she would just go off and tell local law enforcement of who he is... or worse, and if that were to happen then he would quite literally be hunted down.

Comment

When she was told that she some day might give someone a heart attack by startling them, Spira chuckled a little for her self. When she was told that he wouldn't tell her anything she got a bit sad however. At least he had given her a promise of when he would tell her. Next time. That was easy. She just had to disappear for a few hours, follow him quietly and then "run into him" again. When she tought of it she was getting closer bit by bit. "That's okay. I'll just go over to your friend again. He said something about being hired by the military to kill someone that supposedly was dangerous. Somehow I just really want to meet this dangerous person." She then thought of the sushi the man had promised her. Now she just needed to find a way to both keep an eye on this person while eating sushi with that other person.

Cyberspace

It was a pretty normal day for Sidna. Not that there existed such things as days for her anyway. Days was just a concept humans had invented as they needed to call the time before and after they fell to sleep something. As Sidna didn't need sleep there was no day for her. There was no light and no darkness. Those too was only something humans had invented to call it when they couldn't see what they were doing and when they could. There was nothing she could sit down and relax on. To sit down was another concept humans had developed to have a name for making contact with matter. Matter didn't exist that either. Sidna was surrounded by concepts made up by humans. Concepts they needed to define their world as they had yet to see the worlds true form. Even tough she had allready seen the true world she continued to use these concepts tough. It was much easier as there were so many humans around her. Then there was the fact that she was in essence still a human herself.

Information. Information in it's smallest form. Ones and zeroes. Ons and offs. To be exist or to not exist. To be or to not be. There was many names for it, but regardless of what you called it, it was the true shape of the world. There were few that were allowed to interact with the world at such a fundamental level. She was the only one she knew. She lived here. Sure there were others that visited this place too. Humans for example came here all the time, but it was only her that lived her. She was the only one that could see all that was going on. It was all sent trough her. She could manipulate it, she could simply destroy it, or she create it. For her it was as natural as it was to live for humans. It was why she existed.

Earlier that day she had been told that there had been a warehouse that had been destroyed. I seemed like a pretty interesting thing too look into and she did. There was one distraction however, there was a mercenary that had been hired just a while ago to kill a Superhuman. Now this was really something to look into. Unfortunately there wasn't much information out there. Not yet at least. What she did find was that he was supposed to show up at the location where the warehouse had been taken down. Then she just needed a easy map of the area which was easy to make. Most of the people over there most likely carried phones. Using the microphone on these she could create a 3D map of what was happening. It was a primitive solution, but it worked excellent.
                            Last edited by Katrix; 12-03-2013, 11:35 AM.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Eleos was uneasy. The fact the cat girl knew where he was not comforting as a Sniper. But the position was ideal...
                              "I'll wait it out... There's no other way anyone can get up here. There's the main stairs...and..." He suddenly became alert. "The fire escape..." He glanced around and saw the ladder. "Shiiii...." He turned and ran to the ventilation system on the roof and hid out of view of the escape.

Comment

When Spira saw the other man run she got a little confused. Had he seen something important. When looking down she couldn't see anything of interest. "I think your friend just saw something. He just ran like there was no tomorrow. I don't really know where he ran tough. The height difference is a little bit too big to see. Maybe he found that person he was looking for?" She then climbed a little bit longer up to get a sense of where he was now. Didn't look like he had moved too much.

Cyberspace

Once she had the map it was easy to see what was going on. The edges and top was a little bit fuzzy as there wasn't enough mobile devices in this area. It didn't matter tough. She had already found something worth checking out. Two persons standing in the fire escape of a building and another one on the rooftop. She turned the cameras in the area to get a better sense of what was happening. She got a little surprise when she watched trough the cameras. It was the sniper that had been ordered to take down a old superhuman. On the fire escape was just that superhuman. Shad had to test him somehow. She didn't want to kill him, but she had to set him trough something. Luckily for her the sniper was also here. She quickly produced a synthesized voice just like the ones that had given the sniper his mission. She then dialed his phone. "Hey, what are you waiting for? The target is right in front of you. Don't let it escape". It was nearly too easy. Now she just had to see what he would do.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X