Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Major

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner.

Well if anyone does want a character redrawn just PM me the details on how you want your character to look. You might get lucky, and your character might get chosen for the first batch.

Anyways remember my announcement when I said that the date of which the winner of the Sound Magic Teacher will be chosen was changed to the twentieth? Yeah I forgot about that, and I should announce the winner today. After all I'm assuming everyone had made an entry. However I'd say that applying for this contest is now closed. Sorry for those of you who have not yet made an entry.

Now before we get to the winner let us look at the applicants.

Zekai:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Zekai View Post
    Teacher Names: Raxen

Apperance: Cobra's New Oresion Seis look. (no image since phone sucks)

Bio: When he was a student at TSU years ago, he literally blew up his right eye with Sound magic accidently. Doesn't like listening in on others but accidently does at times.

Likes - Listening to student's troubles and helping them out.

Dislikes - Troublemakers.

Not the most liked teacher because of his hearing with Sound magic. Has a crush on Ms. Mizu and no one knows about it.

Magic Capabilities: Uses Sound magic to listen to the inner thoughts of people. Can hear any type of movement from muscle to a bug crawling in the dirt. Can hear 500 meters in radius so 1,000 meters in diameter and that includes underground. Can use other people's sound against them (like playing back their own voice to them.), a good way to get his students to listen. With Master Hama's Wind, can hear an extra 50 meters, since wind carries sound.

Okay Zekai first problem with this is that it seems to lack details more so than some of the other apps (and even normal NPC apps have). The concept looks good, but it does lack detail like I said. The extent of his powers, while strong, I do not know if he is capable of anything else with Sound Magic. A teacher at TSU has to be skilled in more than just one aspect of Sound Magic. While his abilities that are mentioned does seem useful, I cannot accept this in its current state due to the lack of detail, and the fact that I cannot be sure if that is all his abilities that are mentioned or if he has more. Sorry dude you did not make it, even though I can sort of forgive you for making it on a phone.

Wonder:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post

Spoiler:
    Spoiler: Basic Information
    Name: Schonen Klang (literally translates to 'Beautiful Sound')

Spoiler: Appearance

Spoiler: Bio
    He was born in Austria into a family of sound mages (audiomancers) As a boy, he loved playing his music box. It was a tiny thing, but it played his favorite tune: Theme to the Royal Fireworks. He also studied sound magic under his father. His father was strict, but also showed a fun time. His favorite event was watching the royal fireworks every new years day. It was a spectacle and marked a new beginning for everyone. He would always listen to the orchestrated version of Theme to the Royal Fireworks.

He left home and set out to explore the world after the new years firework show at the age of nineteen. His father told him that the music box was special, and that when the time comes, it may save his life if he uses his magic for the good of others. He went on a train headed eastward into Russia. At that point the train was hijacked by Russian terrorists who despised foreigners "ruining their country." He went to the last train car. He heard everyone be killed. He was afraid of being killed off as well. Then, he remembered what his dad said. Once the terrorists got to his car, he looked... Very calm and unnerving. When the car door opened, he opened the music box. What happened next was shocking. He played it. Every terrorist heard it, even from many cars away. As a matter of fact, he concentrated the sound to that box so that they couldn't hear anything but the music. Then, he dimmed the volume so low it was barely audible. The terrorists were confused. Then, they became scared. Then... They went insane. The combination of absolute silence and very silent music drove everyone off the deep end. They went so mad they shot themselves to make the music stop. This deadly move is called Toten Larm and is a sacred practice only the Klang family had passed down. Schonen is the only one who uses a medium (the music box) to do this, not because he can't do it otherwise, but because he believes that is he is going to kill someone, he will give them something nice to listen to before going insane.

He walked outside. Everyone was dead. He was the only one alive. He headed to the head of the train and halted it before jumping off and traveling on foot. Five hours later, he came across a town. He told officials of what happened at the train, leaving out the fact that he killed the terrorists. The authorities checked it out and came to the conclusion that they were activists who shot everyone... Then shot themselves? It threw everyone off. Schonen went on to help the people of Russia as he traveled east. He eventually came across a blacksmith he made friends with along the road. The blacksmith realized he specialized in audimancy. As a token for helping around the shop, the blacksmith created several throwing needles with little holes in them that make them whistle. He also forged two batons that when clanged together create a low bong, like that of a bell. The blacksmith said to use them however he likes.

Eventually, he showed up at TSU. He proved eligible to be a teacher. Sometimes, he tells the story of the train incident. He didn't hide it because at the end, he told the students an important moral: everyone is capable of many things and that threatening someone may provoke someone to show their capabilities that may even cost your own lives. Every day at the beginning of his class, he would play the music box. He never used his power on it.

At least, he hasn't had a reason to... Yet...

Spoiler: Personality
    He is one of those teachers who would seem to be laid back, but are effective and sometimes disciplining teacher, and turns out to be friendly once you get to know him. When not teaching or conversing, he would be found reading austrian fairy/folk tales written in German. Despite being from Austria, his accent is well balanced (his voice would sound like Captain Ukitake from Bleach).

Spoiler: Magical Abilities
    In sparring, he will use his batons as... Well, batons. In combat, he will use the whistler spikes and shoot them near an opponent's head. He will then use the whistling sound as it goes by the opponent and raise the volume and pitch, giving a very discomforting feeling that will hurt one's ears and deafen them (for a couple hours after combat) using this time, he will attack the temporarily disabled enemy using his batons. Then, if he clanged his batons together, he will raise the magnitude and lower the pitch to create a distortion that is kinda like an earthquake but causes little property damage.

But in mortal kcombat, he will fight ferociously. If he manages to put you in a position that gives him at least five seconds, be it knocking back or pinning down, he will use Toten Larm. What it does is it creates a sound field around the opponent's head that blocks out any and every sound, kinda like ear muffs to the max. This alone will drive someone insane (look it up. People who tried staying in the world's quietest room went insane. Not permanently, just when they're in the room). But he will also include the clean, unfiltered sound of the music box. Thing is that the sound of the box is modified to be very, very silent, just on the edge of human audibility (I took this from the fact that I hate it when it it very silent, but I hate it more when all I hear is something very, very soft, like a barely opened sink). It really is torturous.

Spoiler: Other
    Here is the orchestrated fireworks theme.

Okay this Teacher App is really nice. I really like his backstory, and his abilities. He seems like a versatile teacher that knows how to both teach, and discipline students yet at the same time is willing to help any of his students with any problems they might have. I can't see much wrong with this, and I see that you put in quite a bit of effort into this app. Over all I really do like this Teacher concept, and can't find much wrong with it.Yet at the same time it feels not as interesting as some the remaining two applicants, and is lacking some details when it comes to his relationship to the other staff members. Granted a concept for a character does not really require one to be interesting to be accepted into an RP. In fact I've seen some rather uninteresting characters, that did have good concepts and did have potential for a good RP before. I also do see this character working out quite well in the RP as a teacher.

Wriggle:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
    Spoiler: Lydia Mauvelle

Name: Lydia Mauvelle

Appearance:

Spoiler: Day:

Spoiler: Night:

Height: 5'6" or 166 cm
    Weight: 128 lb or 58 kg

Biography:

Strict professor by day, crazy death metal band leader by night, Lydia is a Danish Sound Music teacher for Trinity Soul University. She is very authoritative in her class, sometimes seen giving life lessons to her students. But when she puts on her band leader persona, Hel the Death Goddess, she becomes completely opposite of what she lectures her pupils to become.

Only one faculty member knows Lydia's dual persona: Nurse Hanna. Others just notice that Lydia always looks tired. She loves coffee cakes.

Magical Capabilities:

Lydia is extremely proficient in both defensive and offensive capabilities of Sound Magic.

Defensively, Lydia can utilize songs to provide buffs for her allies, such as a hymn to bring out the morale of her allies, a song to speed them up, and even an aria to heal their wounds faster by relaxing them. She can also use sound waves to bend the air in front of, behind, and to the side of her, deflecting projectiles.

Offensively, Lydia can use sound waves to cut through things like a thin, sharp blade. Observant foes can detect the sound distortion to locate the sound waves and evade accordingly. She can also use music to demoralize enemies or cause mass hysteria.

Overall, Lydia is very proficient in battles fought in mid-to-close range where her sound magic can be "heard".

Okay Wriggle like with Wonder's app, I really do like this teacher concept, and at the same time find her to be interesting. Yes the Bio does lack a little bit of info when it comes to her backstory, but so do the actual teachers currently in the RP. That doesn't mean that the backstory will be revealed over the course of the RP. The other thing is that even though I can see that you did not go too into detail with the abilities, I can see that you at least made her versatile, and did mention that she is extremely profficient in both the defensive and offensive capabilities of Sound Magic. Something that a Teacher really should be capable of (in fact I do not go too into detail with some of the Teacher's capabilities. That is something I plan on doing in the future.)

In short I do see that some detail is missing in some areas, and is not as long as some of the other apps. Though it is well detailed, and I did see that you had some fun and freedom with her. The concept is also really interesting. By day she is a rather strict, and a good teacher during the day, while at night she changes personas to that of a wild and free death metal band member. I can see some really interesting stuff happening with her in the RP if she gets accepted. This is definitely an interesting character app.

Katrix:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Katrix View Post
    Teacher Name: Helena

Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Although she doesn't always such formal wear as on the picture. Most of the time, she'll pick something that's a little bit easier to get around in, while still being a bit formal such as this. A few of the crystals can also be excluded.

Biography: Helena is normally a calm and collected person, doing one thing at a time. She also likes to have a certain amount of order and harmony around her, and if there is not, then she will either find a way to make some more order, or leave the area. She isn't the person to do everything herself tough. It's not uncommon that she makes others do her work. This means that she is one of the people on the school that posts most jobs for students on the job boards. She is serious in her teaching tough, and it may be the one area where she normally want to do everything herself.

Helena also have a certain liking for art and music, although just as everything else, she prefers it to be orderly and harmonic. Although not to a big extent, she also likes to at times sit down and make her own pieces of art and music. When she does play a bit of music, she finds it quite enjoyable to use her magic to make sound in crystals. The most frequent type of crystals that she uses are ice crystals.

Due to her music, she does have some contact with Ms.Mizu as she is the one making the ice crystals for her. As for the other people in staff, the one she have the least liking for is most likely Mr. Hinote due to his anger and because he tries to act "cool" all the time. She also have a little of a dislike for Ms. Momone due to her clumsiness. The people she prefers spending some time with is at times Ms. Dark, although she thinks she's a bit too cruel. The people she prefers to speak to the most tough is Master Hama and Mr. Daichi. When it comes to Nurse Hannah, she just tries to avoid her altogether.

Magical Capabilities: While Helena is very experienced with all types of sound magic, her area of mastery is the inaudible spectrum, meaning sounds too dark or light to hear with a human ear. The most basics things she can do with this is things like shattering glass, although it have many more uses than just that. For example she can affect many organs in the human body like eyes or the heart by making a low pitched sound at just the right frequencies. This can cause many different effects from seeing things that are not there to heart problems. If she makes sounds high pitched enough she can affect other animals in the area. In fact, she can even use her magic to blow someone up if she hits the right frequencies.

Theme:

Okay I am conflicted with this app. I do see that you put effort into this app, and yet at the same time I also feel like I've seen this kind of character in RP's before. I don't know why though. I do say that I really like what you did with her bio, and capabilities. I also really like her connections, or well... how she feels about the others Faculty members. I'd say it is kind of like Wonders except I do not care about her concept though. Her concept is okay to me (I would not say that it is extremely boring for I did actually enjoy reading her app though), but that isn't much of a big deal because like I said. I've seen many other characters in other RP's that had concepts that weren't too interesting, but did have a lot of RP material. Though I love everything else about her. For some reason I do not see her in a position of a Teacher, yet at the same time I do. Like I said I feel conflicted with her.

Well that was all the applicants. Yes I know that Lunasa had entered one, but Lunasa had been kicked from the RP due to inactivity.

Anyways Here are the runner ups:

Wonder with Schonen Klang in 3rd place.

Katrix with Helena in 2nd place...

And finally...

Wriggle with Lydia Mauville is in 1st!

You may call this a biased choice, but her character concept is very interesting to me, I see a lot of opportunities with her in the RP, and for one I like how even though she does have not as much detail with her abilities (Wonder and Katrix listed that they were capable in Sound Magic, but seemed to focus on one aspect in their app), however you did at least put more variety in with her abilities. She seems like a capable teacher, that I'm sure will be fun to have in the RP.

Now as your prize Wriggle you have a chance at been selected to be watched for as a potential Mod of this RP, as well as any two of these four possible choices!

A mistake happens with the Credits system, and your (chosen) character gains 500 dollars in credits!

A selected character of yours gets to take part in the future Haunted Arc! (For only a few lucky people can take part in this Arc!)

Your character gets treated to one completely free magical item of your choice in Maya's shop! (I will tell you what items could be obtained if you chose this reward. The item will be useful, but it won't be RP Breaking at all. Just useful for some personal stuff. Like say an enchanted blade, or some sort of crystal ball with magical properties and what not. A better list will be given to the winner when the contest is over)

And last but not least your character can be the first one to discover the Underground Library when the time comes!

Remember Wriggle you can only choose two of the four listed options for a prize.

As for the runner up Katrix, you can choose ONE out of the four prizes as a runner up prize.

For Wonder a character of your choice will get a an extra 50$ in student credits as a reward. So choose wisely!

Comment

Sh*t, I forgot about the deadline. Oh well, I was going punish Trista a bit anyway by forcing her to get a job. So I wouldn't have taken the $500. Second and third, I wasn't too bothered. As for fourth, that would have been a perfect thing for Trista.

Well, serves me right for not doing squat about the contest. All I can do is look forward to a new teacher (who may or may not scare the sh*t out of Trista) and see as to what prizes Wriggle and Katrix take.

Question before the winners decide. Are the choices mutually exclusive? What happens if both pick the Library option?
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

No the choices aren't mutually exclusive, EXCEPT for that last option. If both choose the Library option then I will ask them to either discuss what to do about it, or ask one of them to make another choice.

Also Mods get free reign to have their characters participate in the Haunted Arc automatically so Trista has free reign to be a part of that arc whether you took part in this contest or not.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not surprised I didn't win. Really wasn't going for a win, just helping with more possible choices. I did forget about it to add more to it. Anyways, Congrats Wriggle.

Sent by Tapatalk
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I don´t have much problem with the money issue, I got several ideas of part time jobs
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Suddenly, I now have the idea of making Trista do a job like becoming a waitress. Sure, Trista would hate it and be scared to death but it'd be awesome for people to see.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMsHm_5q3wc
              I just had to.

Right, I'll try to think up of something to post in this darkest of nights. Shouldn't be too hard.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Well TRXD, I'm going to have Zero as a waiter (dressed like a butler though) even though he's not the waiter type. So I'm sure Tristia would do ok as a waiter.

Sent by Tapatalk
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Hm.. two waiters.. ok

I am planning either on herb/flower shop or bakery/cooking work
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

It was a joke over anything. Yes, Trista WILL get a job (because I'm cruel to my characters) but as to what job that I am unsure about. I don't want to go all the way and throw Trista into uncomfortable ground. Or do I?

Comment

Now I picture Ryofu trying to cook, lol, exploding dough.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

hm.. you can put Trista in a Library job

Spoiler:

Comment

Okay I need to post in TSU so where all am I needed?

Comment

I don't know where you're needed.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

I feel bad about winning the contest. I feel like others' apps are a lot better than mine, and I won only because of luck.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

You really do? Seriously? I think you deserve it. At least you didn't have to go to great feat explaining why the teacher looks like she have a whole other element. I seriously felt like it didn't go to good for me. Apparently it's hard finding images of sound mages.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                someone is fighting for you.
                                –As long as you remember her,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X