• Show
Clear All

[OOC]Hoenn Confirmed - A Pokemon RP

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to inform you that

(*tears of fangirl*)

Hoenn has been confirmed.

Enough bullshitting.

Backstory:

A short and stout but authoritative man walked in from darkness to the single bright spot. He had brown, bushy hair, stubby beard, and a crinkled lab coat with pockets full of note papers and pens. He had a red-and-white machine resembling an orb. He looked up to find you. You, watching him take his stage, were his audience. He smiled and said,

"Welcome to Hoenn Confirmed!"

Welcome to Hoenn Confirmed, the reboot of All the World's a Pokemon. The original Pokemon RP was made by me as a fun alternative to the hit RP, All the World's a Game, but it quickly lost its popularity due to the members leaving due to inactiveness and general uninterest, and I had Katrix, the RP forum's moderator, close the RP.

However, to celebrate the upcoming release of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I am re-releasing the Pokemon RP centralized in one region: Hoenn.

You are an aspiring trainer that lives in either...
    - A) Quaint village of Littleroot Town
    - B) Peaceful seaside town of Petalburg City
    - C) Bustling metropolis of Rustboro City

And that's it. What goal will you achieve as a trainer? Will you become the champion and conquer the Pokemon League? Will you become the top-tier Pokemon Coordinator? Or will you train in the shadows as a hidden master?

It is up to you.

So go now and explore the world of Pokemon!

Difference from AtWaP:

> Centralized storyline
    - Previous RP had all five (not counting Kalos and Orre) regions to play from, resulting in some chaotic situations and timelines. With one region and a rigid timeline to cross, that chaos will not happen again.

Hopefully.

> Acceptance of OC
    - Previous RP prohibited the usage of OCs, or Original Characters, but this caused a lot of similar story. (I don't know how to Pokemon so hurr durr derpa derp) Allowing usage of OC allows better canonical approach to Pokemon.

Hopefully.

> Included Kalos Pokemon
    - I made AtWaP at a time when Pokemon X/Y just came out. As such, I didn't have a lot of time to play with Kalos region to allow it. Therefore, I at first did not allow 6th gen Pokemon into the RP. Not this time.

> Selectable Starter Choice
    - Random Pokemon Generator can go suck a big one. You can choose any unevolved, first stage Pokemon as a starter. No legendaries.

> Harder "Boss Battles"
    - Have you ever played Drayano Hack? Yeah, that one where Skyla has Lv60s. This RP will have the boss battles have more Pokemon, better moves, etc. In the end, however, plot armor wins, so it doesn't matter too much I guess.

Rules:

1. Play Resonably
    - It's not fun when your Pokemon never faints.
    - It's also not fun when your Pokemon is level 30s when your opponent has level 10.
    (What not to do)
    - OHLOOKIFOUND60RARECANDIES
    - Go, Pikachu! Use Ice Beam!
    - Lv2 Pidgey named Derp lived with 1 HP from a Giga Impact from Lv100 Slaking.
    - Lol I trained my Charmander to Lv36 so I can fight Roxanne easy.

2. Only one Mega in your party.
    - I think this is pretty sensible.

3. One Character per person.
    - Before you tackle me like some college football match, I am a GM, but I want to relieve your stress. So I'll be taking the role of important NPCs like Gym leaders, Elite Fours, Champions, yadda yadda.

4. Character Creation
    - Just because I said OCs are allowed does not mean that OCs are the only Characters that are allowed. You can choose the name, appearance, and personality of a character from another media, as long as any powers he/she has is stripped off and he/she does not have any memory of his/her life in his/her respective original source.

(More to be added later)

Cool beans. How do I apply?

I generally like my apps short and simple. So I want you to file in your app in this format.

Name:
    -Your trainer's name.

- Tell me, are you a boy or a girl? (Professor Oak 1995)
    - Your character's gender btw, if it isn't obvious.

- You can be as young as 10 if you want. After all, everyone gets a Pokemon when they are 10.
    - I already know majority of you will choose the age between 18 and 25 anyway :/

Appearance:
    - A picture is generally appreciated.
    - If you can't find, just a description is fine too.

Desired Pokemon:
    - Choose a starter. Make sure it is either an unevolved, first stage Pokemon (ex. Turtwig, Rattata, Wooper) or a Pokemon that cannot evolve (ex. Miltank, Bouffalant)
    - Keep in note that you cannot choose a legendary as a starter.

Bio:

Is there some past event we should be aware of for your character? Write it short but concise here.

Personality:

How is your trainer like? Is he/she calm. Hot-headed? Does he/she have split emotions depending on situation?

Note:

Other shenanigans you wanna write can go here. Is there a specific Pokemon you want for your team? Do you want to start as a member of Team Magma/Team Aqua? This category is totally optional if you don't have anything to say.

Author's Note

So Yeah. If you have any question regarding this RP, or if I forgot something on my OP, let me know through the comment section down below.

So.

Ye.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Name: Sela

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Desired Pokemon: Eevee

Bio: Born in the Kalos region. She went through the Kalos, Unova and Kanto leagues so she's knowledgeable in most Pokémon types. Made the top 4 every time. Now she wants to go throug the Hoenn league.

Personality: Free spirited and always (well mostly) postive and pretty much never negative about anything. She thinks of Pokémon as family and friends.

Note:
    Is there a specific Pokemon you want for your team? As long as I can get a Trapinch by the 4th gym, I'm good. Very athletic so great at running, climbing, etc. and has alot of stamina.
    Last edited by Zekai; 06-08-2014, 05:14 PM.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Name: Andrew Reno

Appearance:
      Spoiler:
      Andrew stands at a somewhat decent 5ft 9.

Desired Pokemon: Cyndaquil

Bio: Andrew of Littleroot Town had always wanted to become a Pokemon Trainer since he was at least 6. The reason behind wanting to become a Trainer was to become like his elder brother who had left on his journey at the age of 12. However when his older brother had... gotten in a severe accident. A year after his brother left on his journey news spread that his brother had gotten in a severe accident, he was caught in a massive stampede of Pokemon... his brother did not make it out alive. When Andrew learned the news he had gotten upset, and yet it drove him even more to become a Pokemon Trainer in order to continue his brothers dream. However after the loss of his brother his parents refused to let him become a trainer so that he wouldn't suffer the same fate as their first born son. As such Andrew had to wait until he was 15, which is when he finally convinced his parents to let him go out on his journey... One problem... he needs to get his first Pokemon.

Personality: He is energetic, and full of life. He tries his hardest to never let anything get to him. He's always the first to speak, and the first to act. Andrew is definitely a "Ask questions later" kind of guy, and this can get him into trouble. On top of this he usually makes bad decisions, and will even make wrong assumptions on certain things. Despite this he does try his hardest and doesn't actually try to harm anyone. Also despite Andrew's attempts at trying not to let anything get to him he is very easy to anger, and confuse (as he is not the brightest guy in the world), however as he is easy to anger, it is also easy to send him into bouts of depression when you mention or bring up stuff about his deceased older brother. Also despite how clumsy, and even reckless he is he is quick to learn new things, and even has a habit of catching onto small and minor details... Even though he does have a habit of... not mentioning or thinking about the stuff he notices, even when it is highly important. He is also like I said, a well-meaning guy who never tries to harm or insult anyone. His only current goal is to become a incredibly strong Pokemon Trainer, like how he imagined his older brother to be.

Note:
      There is one Bug/Poison type that evolves into a Dark/Poison Pokemon type that I want later. That Pokemon would be Skorupi, because I really want a Drapion in my party.

Comment

Name:
        - Juri Han

Appearance:
        -
        Spoiler:

- Stands at 5'5'
        - False/Glass left eye, expertly crafted by an experienced artist, but otherwise unremarkable

Desired Pokemon:
        - Purloin

Bio: 'True Juri' came from a world not unlike our own. She was born in South Korea and grew up there under the care of her mother and father, constantly making trouble where she could. She trained in the art of Taekwando for many years and was considered a prodigy. Her father was a detective who attracted the wrong attention and when Juri was 15, she and her family was attacked by a sinister organization. Her parents were killed, her left eye was destroyed, and for ten years she dropped off the face of the earth. Now, she is working for another sinister organization and lives to exact revenge on the man responsible for her parents' deaths, among other things like cause a bit of chaos, death and destruction here and there. With her new left eye, infused with limitless power, anything is up for the taking.

However, Juri Han in this world, the region of Hoenn, has no memory of her past life. She surfaced in the world at young, young age and was adopted by an old couple who lived near Lavaridge Town. Under the shadow of Mt. Chimney Juri took up martial arts after seeing what Flannery could do in her gym. She trained and trained and became quite skilled, but despite all her efforts, she was no match for the up and coming Team Magma grunts with their swarming tactics and pokemon. Because she was 'trespassing', as they put it, Juri learned a lesson about human-pokemon relations and aspired to procure a creature of her own.

But, as Juri stepped out every now and then to train and search for pokemon near Mt. Chimney, Team Magma saw fit to punish her. Funny how history repeats itself, even in different universes... Juri's adoptive parents were murdered, the house was burned down, and Juri lost her left eye in a scramble with grunts. She, undoubtedly, dropped off the face of the earth and secluded herself. Her personality took a dive, as did her way of thinking and handling situations. When she reached the viable age of 25, Juri paraded out from her seclusion and searched for Team Magma, intent on joining them.

One would wonder just what in the hell the woman was up to...

Personality: Long story short, Juri is not your friend. She is everything a horrible person is known to be: cruel, manipulative, vindictive, sadistic and apathetic to the suffering of others. While not suffering from any mental disorder, the woman does not act in the same methodical manner as a normal human being. She does not employ guile or sweet talk to get what she wants; instead, she chooses to intimidate, threaten, and even turn to violence and other crimes to accomplish her goals. All in all, she's the Queen Bitch, and I say that with the utmost of respect. With all her bad features and points on full display for all to see, it would seem as if she has no redeeming characteristics.

Yet, behind the scenes when no-one is watching, the mask may come off.

Note: I'd like for Juri to be a member of Team Magma, perhaps as an agent of some sort. And no, I won't be caving heads in willy-nilly!
        - Also, I have no desire for any specific pokemon. Any will do.
        Last edited by Major Mario; 06-08-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

@Zekai
          I don't have a clue what you meaa by top 4. Do you mean Elite Four, or like making it to semifinals in a tournament?

@SUS
          I can already figure out where you could get a Skorupi.

ACCEPTED

@Major
          JURI HAN KYAAAAA~♡

Don't go off and assassinate Maxie, now.

ACCEPTED
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Name: Koishi Komeiji

Appearance:
            Spoiler:

She's decently tall, almost 6 ft.
            Third eye is a decorative pendant.

Desired Pokemon: Larvitar

Bio: Koishi was raised in a similar fashion to the original Koishi. She spent most of her life underground due to her parents being scientists studying underground pokemon and their habits. To her parent's amazement, she was able to simply walk up to the pokemon and they would seemingly accept her. Later in life, she seemed to even speak to them and they responded back. Her parents were baffled.

They started to realize they could use her to spy on the pokemon from the inside. Koishi soon found this out, and didn't want to be used like that to peep on her friends. She packed her things and took a pokeball from her parents, and set off. She used the pokeball to convince her friend, Okuu the Larvitar to come with her. She accepted, though, albiet a bit nervous about going to the sruface. So was Koishi, too.

They reached the surface a day later, where Koishi's eyes stung from the intense daylight, as she was used to living underground. But even through the stinging, the surface was beautiful, compared to the bleak underground, at least. She eventually found civilization in the form of a small village, by the name of Littleroot. She has stayed there for the past couple of days, helping those around out of good will.

Personality: Koishi is quite carefree. She doesn't care about being in the spotlight or whether she's in obscurity. All she want is to enjoy herself and help other people do the same. She prefers to be alone with her pokemon rather than with people, as she's not used to large amounts of human contact. What she lacks in the social aspect, she makes up with her large intelligence. She doesn't like violence that much, but she can and will defend herself if neccesary.

Notes (or, in this case, facts about her I couldn't fit in other places): She is skilled in hand-to hand combat, from training with pokemon underground during her earlier days, though she rarely ever uses this skill.

Due to her long time living underground, she can see in the dark very well. She uses almost all of her senses to navigate in darkness, as one cannot only rely on sight.

She also very knowledgeable about underground-dwelling pokemon. Not so much with the surface, though.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Wriggle

Tournament of course. She's been in 2nd - 4th place but never won it.

Sent by Tapatalk
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai
                Ok.

ACCEPTED

@Mima
                I don't know how hand-to-hand combat is really needed in a world of Pokemon but whatever.

ACCEPTED
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                  @Mima
                  I don't know how hand-to-hand combat is really needed in a world of Pokemon but whatever.

ACCEPTED
                  Some thug jumps her in an alley, few moments later, he's on the ground and she is safe.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Except the thug would jump her with a Pokemon instead.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah Mima because in the Pokemon world Thugs would most likely use their Pokemon to mug/rob you of your stuff.

Comment

Name: Justine Harkman

Appearance:
                        Spoiler: Big-ass image

(Yes, it's Kaga from Kantai... Just roll with it.)

Desired Pokemon: Ducklett (it's the Pokémon in Skyla's Pokéball gift, see bio)

Bio: Hailing from Mistralton City in Unova, Justine liked to spend her time helping out workers of the Mistralton Cargo Service and assisting her father. Be it lifting boxes of crates or simply chatting to workers, Justine was there to give out a hand. Along with making the few friends with the cargo workers, Justine was also best friends with Skyla who, prior to Justine's move, had recently became both a gym leader and a qualified pilot. The two knew each other from a young age with Skyla being a couple of years older than Justine. With their bold and daring personalities, it was somewhat easy to mix the two girls up. In fact, it became a bit of a running joke around Mistralton to call the two girls by the other's name. For example calling Skyla by the name Justine and vice-versa.

About a year and half ago, several concerning events began to take place across Unova. Words circling of a rising group known as Team Plasma. A group of Pokémon liberators who wish to separate Pokémon from their trainers and allowing them to be free. Making their way north to Icirrus City, a group of armour-clad people lead by a mysterious green-haired man in his 50's appeared in the city. Proclaiming words of a new hero and the liberation of all Pokémon-kind, the people of Mistralton were drawn in by the green-haired man's untrue words. Justine being amongst the crowd of Mistralton citizens.

A couple of weeks later, it was revealed that Team Plasma had been disbanded at the hands of an 18 year old trainer on the outskirts of Opelucid City. A trainer who had challenged Skyla a couple of days after Plasma had arrived in Mistralton and gave their speech. Although the trainer tried to remain anonymous, Skyla could confirm that the trainer was the same person. Following the revelations of what became of Plasma and of their plan and true motivation, Justine's family became concerned of the future of Unova. Would another criminal organisation arrive in Unova and attempt to do what Plasma had failed? Or would Plasma simply get back up on its feet and demand vengeance? With great fear for what could happen in the future, the Harkman family began to make plans to move out of Mistralton and move to another region altogether. Specifically, the more rural Hoenn region. To which Justine did not wish to comply with. To her, Justine was perfectly fine with how she was. She loved living in Mistralton and she was fine with the occasional threat. To her, it was just how the world worked. But her parents didn't listen to her. They were more concerned about safety rather than for anything else. The moving day then came and Justine and her family began to depart. Just as Justine was about to leave, Skyla left a parting gift for her best friend. A Pokéball. As Skyla was a gym leader, it made sense that she would have some gym related thing to give her. Since Skyla couldn't freely give out Mistralton's Jet Badge, it had to be a Pokéball instead. With the Pokéball in Justine's hands, Justine then left Mistralton City with her family to start a new life in Hoenn.

Fast forward to the present and Justine has now become accustomed to living in her new home in Hoenn's Rustboro City. But she still feels the emptiness of having left Unova behind and with it her best friend. Hearing tales of how Pokémon training is becoming a huge thing in Rustboro, unlike in Mistralton where it was exclusive to the gym, Justine decides to take up Pokémon training and follow in the steps of Skyla.

Personality: Justine is a bold and straightforward girl. She doesn't like to be delayed and she is usually quick to the point. Justine is the one who tends to lead the charge or take action as soon as possible. And being a bit reckless in the process. When she gets serious, she does not stop to think about anything except for the task at hand. Pokémon battles? Cargo lifting? Justine will not take a break until she is finished.

Note: Because of the criminal gang cameos in Pokémon Black/White and Black 2/White 2, I am going to assume that the events of this RP will take place between the sequels and Black/White. In fact, about half a year before the events of Black 2/White 2. Hope this doesn't bring any timeline confusion.

@Mima and everyone else
                        Thug's Sneasel uses Thief.
                        Koishi's hat was stolen.
                        Koishi used Comet Punch.
                        Sneasel fainted.
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                          @Mima and everyone else
                          Thug's Sneasel uses Thief.
                          Koishi's hat was stolen.
                          Koishi used Comet Punch.
                          Sneasel fainted.
                          Yeah. Like so. Or just take down the thug before the pokemon comes out.

Comment

@Wriggle

I thought of a few things for the app, Region of Origin (Where born/coming from) and Specialty (Cook, gathering berries, athletic, type specialty, etc.)

@TRXD

No, Koishi used Mega Punch.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

@TRXD
                              I don't see anything wrong with this. Gym leaders, Elite Fours, and Champions of other regions will make a cameo, so maybe some touchy Skyla and Justine reunion moments?

Also, don't worry about timeline. The event can take place wherever people need.

ACCEPTED

@Everyone else
                              I have question about route encounters.

Do you want the wild Pokemon in a route to be completely randomized, randomized with restrictions (AKA no Charmander in the ocean) or remain static?

@Zekai

Region of origin can go in the Bio, specialty can go in the Notes section.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X