Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moroz Drakon - Skylands
    Clockwork City - Skylands

Screw it! Let's make every city part of the Skylands Republic!
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

My app is finished character-wise. I'll elaborate more on the Galest relgion when I get the time.

Comment

@Major
        Once you do, I'll add religion section to the OP.

Accepted
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

GUYS PLEASE

MOROZ DRAKON, CLOCKWORK TOWN, AND THOSE CITY-STATES ARE NOT IN SKYLANDS REPUBLIC.

PLEASE STOP WRECKING THE WORLD SETTING.

Go back to your posts and fix them. It shouldn't take you five minutes.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

edited, done, sorry
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Goddammit I read things wrong then :/

WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO THINK OF A POST, FINALLY GET ONE WRITTEN, THEN I POST IT THERE TURNS OUT TO BE ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS!?

Seriously this REALLY pisses me off, as it took me all morning to think of a post for Mard, and it took me two days to think of a post for Drake. Then I post it and what do I see?

I read things wrong for Moroz Drakon, and I need to leave out a part of it. Then I realize I got the location tags wrong. I'm beginning to feel like a big flipping idiot right now.

Comment

Name: Kathryn

Appearance: She is a bit low, even for her age.
                Spoiler:

Skill: Kathryn is naturally quite fast and agile. Due to this and her size, she makes for quite a good thief, being able to move around without being noticed and make quick movements. Pickpocketing is normally child's play for her. Everything a good thief have to know, she knows. Everything from sneaking around unnoticed, stealing things, picking locks, talking herself out of things, and so on. She also have the gift of being an elementalist, although at the moments she can only make a small gust or a few sparks.

Bio: Kathryn have spent her whole life growing up in Baratone. This have shaped her in two ways. The first way is that she have learned that the world holds uncountable of interesting things to explore, the second way it have shaped her is that it have taught her how to behave in a such a lawless town, and how to become a skilled thief.

The first few years of Kathryn's years were very interesting. She would always explore some ruins or go around and taking things for herself. Of course, at that age, it wasn't uncommon that she was caught while trying, but she became gradually better over the years. Learning how to steal, how to hide, how to move around, how to talk herself out of things. Everything that she would need in a town like Baratone. As the years went by tough, she begun to go bored with this. Every day was the same, go around the market and get some food, explore some ruins. Everything like that. She wanted some variation, she wished for something new, something like going beyond Baratone. At the age of 11, she decided to run away from home, but it didn't take long before she was brought home again. Ever since then, she tolerated he ever so unchanging life that she lived at the moment.

As she grew older, she begun to understand that she wanted something more than just a new place to go to, she wanted something entirely new. something that she did not have any knowledge of whatsoever from before. A few more years went by without anything happening. She begun to question if she was going to run away from home again, after all her family kind of needed her. She was just about to change her mind when something she didn't account for happened. One day when she was out in the wild exploring some ruins, she had just gathered a few stick to make a small fire and was just about to light it, when it kind of lit itself. It only appeared as sparks, but that was more than enough to set fire to the dry sticks. At fist she didn't believe it, but then after a week it happened again. After that she decided to investigate. She began to listen in on other people's conversations tht she tough may know something. After a few weeks, she heard an old man mention the word magic, and explaining the basics behind it. For Kathryn, his explanation was pretty close to what she had experienced herself, and thus she concluded that she was a magician. Except that she didn't think of it that way. In her mind, you didn't just get those a title like that out of the blue. You had to earn it, and currently, Kathryn had done nothing at all to earn a title like that. Yet she still wanted that title. It would be cool, she thought. Thus it was decided, she would seek out someone that could teach her the arts of magic. She finally had another reason to run away from home, and unlike that other reason, this one was much bigger.

Getting out of town wasn't really a problem at all. First she waited until a smallish airship landed nearby. Then she just hid aboard and watched the people that owned it fly it. It wasn't a big airship, not at all. It was rather small in fact, and only had spaces for a few pair of people at max. That didn't hinder Kathryn tough, she had learned the art of staying hidden a long while ago. The first few weeks of the flight she didn't understand much of what they did, but after about a month, she began to get the wrist of it. It was essential for her to know how the airship worked if she were to go trough with her plan. After about another month the airship stopped in another town to sell and buy a few things. That was when Kathryn decided to do her little work of thieving. While the people aboard the ship were away, Kathryn began flying the ship away. When the people that owned the ship got back, it was already too late for them to do anything.

At the same time Kathryn was thrilled at what she had done. She had stolen big things in the past, but nothing as big as this, and not only that. Not only had she stolen the ship itself, but she had also stolen everything aboard it. Most of it she didn't really find too interesting, but she did find a few pair of nice dresses and clothing that she claimed as her own. Thus she was all set to go into the world and fulfill her desires.

Personality: Kathryn is most often very energetic and cheerful. Most often she'll play more innocent than she actually is. She loves to show of and show her skills. It's not unusual for her to "vanish" even when friends and family is near. She also loves to play a few tricks when she can. Despite the fact that she loves to show of, she have a strong mindset that you need to earn the right to boast about something before you actually boast about it.

Other:

Theme:
                Spoiler:
                Last edited by Katrix; 07-10-2014, 09:11 PM.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                  Seems fine. If I was you I would raise her age a little bit, but I have no say as I have Christina in TSU who have done almost impossible things when she was younger.

Accepted
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

This app is done

Spoiler:

Name: Kaiden Brandt

Occupation: Adventurer/Trader. He travels from place to place collecting goods so he can trade them for other goods in other places. Usually he will flat out trade items he collects for cash so he can keep his ship running smoothly (by paying for repairs and whatnot.)

Appearance:
                    Spoiler:
                    He stands at 6ft 1. His hair consists of two colors. Blonde hair, with a few black bangs in the front. The two wings on his back are not actually there. For he has no actual wings on him. So just ignore those wings in the picture. Kaiden underneath his shirt, and coat has a large burn scar on his back, and torso which he got from a major housefire when he was still really young.

Skill: Kaiden is an Adventurer, and airship pilot. Taught to be a pilot, and the arts of trading from his "father" since he was 9. To this day he knows how to pilot an airship, but not how to actually maintain one. He also is somewhat knowledgeable in combat with a blade and handgun. Though he knows how to wield a blade and a gun, he isn't nowhere near the greatest in combat. In fact he prefers to try and avoid conflict altogether. Though his piloting and navigation skills are rather good, he is not a fighter. Prefering to use his knowledge of trading and negotiation to try and get by.

Bio: Kaiden also known as Kaiden Brandt, a young man brought up and tought by his adoptive father Jonathan Brandt who was a top notch airship pliot, and trader who travelled from city to city trading rare valuables for various items or materials. People who knew Jonathan considered him to be a respectful guy. Though this was true, Jonathan was not completely respectful. For Jonathan was actually a rather greedy guy who did what it took to try and get as much money as possible. He wanted to be on the top of the world. This is one trait that Kaiden never noticed, or acknowledged. After all this man was the man that found and brought up Kaiden since he was 9 years old.

You see when Kaiden was only 4 years old his parents were killed in a house fire, but thankfully Kaiden himself suffered from severe burns across his torso and back. Though Kaiden survived the fire, his parents were stripped from him. After he was rescued he was immediately put under extensive surgery. Thanks to Hextech technology at the time his burns were healed, but the scars still remained and is forever a reminder of the incident. Without a family, or anyone to take care of him Kaiden was put into an orphanage where he... didn't bother talking to the other kids there. In fact he didn't even talk to much of the adults. He thought that with the scars that he had, no one would want to be around him, and in turn he shunned away from most everyone in the orphanage.

That was until one day a man by the name of Jonathan Brandt came in, looking for a kid to adopt and call his own child. You see Jonathan was looking for an heir, but couldn't bother wasting his time getting married and having a child of his own. So he decided to adopt. He looked at all the kids, and they all seemed... either uninteresting, or just flat out annoying. Save for Kaiden. Jonathan saw something in Kaiden, a spirit that craved adventure, but was "caged in". Jonathan chose an unwilling Kaiden to be his new son, and as such Kaiden became the adopted son of Jonathan Brandt, thus making Kaiden his rightful heir. Kaiden or as he is now known as Kaiden Brandt had over the years of spending time with Jonathan had opened up more and more, in fact he did begin to develop the urge to travel the world. Over the years Kaiden began to learn how to be a pilot, he learned how to negotiate and the art of trading, he even learned how to defend himself. Kaiden was happy with his new life as a Man of the Trade.

One of the cities that Kaiden, and his adoptive father Jonathan had frequently travelled to was Jefferson. A place where business was pretty good, people were rather nice, and always willing to see the new treasures the Father and Son duo might have. On Kaiden's 20th birthday he was asked to try and run the "shop" on his own for the first time. Kaiden was rather ecstatic about this, and eagerly took the request. It was hard and a bit grueling keeping up with the potential customers, but he managed it quite well. At the end of the day when there was only a few treasures left a young woman by the name of Miriah had came up to his booth just to browse. Sadly there wasn't really anything of interest... Only a few old paintings, and an old Ship in a Bottle... but the two actually did begin to talk. The two of them got along pretty well, and ever since whenever Kaiden and Miriah are in town at the same time he will at least try to see Miriah. In fact he had some feelings for her (that he has a hard time hiding.) Due to his feelings he had developed, he always tried to save one item from his journeys for her.

Sadly about 2 years ago Kaiden's adoptive father had committed suicide for reasons that Kaiden isn't clear about. For Jonathan left no suicide note... This was a shock, but in his father's will Kaiden inherited the family airship. Of which Kaiden proudly pilots now, but is sadly looking for a crew to help keep the ship in check. Thankfully he knows how to pilot it, but is looking for people to join his crew.

Skip to present day where Kaiden is back in Jefferson again getting his ship repaired, while he runs his trading booth in the market district.

Personality: Kaiden is a rather friendly guy who can be easy to talk with. He never speaks out of line unless he really has something on his mind. Though when doing business with others (negotiating, trading, and whatnot) He is awfully serious and focused. He is the kind of guy that goes into deep concentration when working on something in the sense that nothing else is on his mind aside from the job at hand. This oftentimes can actually put his own life in danger. For one time he completely ignored his own father's orders, and had gone out into the rain when it was storming one day. Despite this he still does know his own limits... even though he doesn't seem to care about them at all. This can make him seem a bit reckless as he will oftentimes put himself in danger as mentioned above.

Deep down though Kaiden is actually a bit of a coward even though he does not show it. When it comes to fighting he doesn't actually fight unless he absolutely has to, and whenever he finds a way to escape conflict he will try and do so. Kaiden is also quite sensitive emotionally when reminded of his early childhood. Specifically around the time that his childhood home was caught on fire. Due to his sensitivity on this subject he refuses to show anyone his scars on his body. In fact the only people he had ever shown his scars to are the caretakers at the orphanage he was at, and his adoptive father Jonathan. He tries to avoid this topic as much as possible, even with his closest friends and allies he will try to hide it.

One other thing is that Kaiden despite only knowing Miriah from the occasional time where they got together to just chat had become infatuated with Miriah. This is something he has a hard time hiding, and at times he doesn't even hide it. Kaiden sees Miriah as the most beautiful, and kind woman he had ever met. He is the kind of guy that would bow down to her if she asked him to. Kaiden is still unsure of her feelings for him though. In fact Kaiden is a bit overprotective over her. Thankfully they haven't been with eachother during a time where his overprotectiveness gets in the way.

Other:
                    His weapons:
                    Fang (his sword):
                    Spoiler:
                    It is a simple, steel blade that has a length of about 2 1/2 ft. Somewhat short, but reliable.

L'Etranger (his Revolver Handgun):
                    Spoiler:
                    A basic 9mm revolver handgun that holds 6 rounds in its clip.

His ship The Galleon:
                    Spoiler:

A rather large ship, capable of housing a crew of at least 10 people, and has enough storage and a kitchen to hold enough food for at least a month of traveling.

Also yes. I got permission from TRXD to have Kaiden have some sort of connection with his character Miriah.
                    Last edited by SereneGrace; 07-11-2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

@Wriggle

So apparently I mixed up The Backbone and Baratone when i wrote my app. (Pretty sure I got it right the first time, but I lost that app.) Will fix now. It shouldn't affect much, only make things make more sense.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                        I thought you meant that when you said the Backbone. Majority of Wolfholt is a good place for land-based criminals anyway. As long as you follow the bio for your post I'm fine with either.
                        Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 07-10-2014, 09:30 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Okay I am done with my app for now. I'm also feeling terribly sick to my stomach today =-=

Comment

@Serene
                            And it is Accepted
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I edited my app because I realize you couldn't see the image. I also slightly updated the personality.

Comment

When I come back, I'm definitely joining this.

Here's a spoiler on what I have in mind.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X