• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC]Clockwork Voyage

Clockwork Voyage

Link to OOC: http://nazr.in/uV1

Captain's Log - 20 years ago

September 23rd, CAE 81

I am old. I can barely see the paper that I'm writing on. Half of my original crew have passed away, due to either murder, disease, or old age. None of them lived a decent life, and none of them died a decent death. The new members don't have the drive or passion that a pirate crew needs. It is time that I took my final journey, and make sure my legacy sleeps with me.

I have plundered the sky and the sea for a long time. I cannot remember the last time I've went penniless. This is ironic... when I was young, every single day was a struggle to survive... now, money that cannot be fathomed is within my grasp.

The time is a funny thing. It changes human mind in such a drastic way. When I was young, I thought I would never be able to get enough money. Now... I feel sick when I look at gold.

It is time to set sail. My final voyage draws near, and I will lay myself with all my treasure at-

Piltover, Skylands Republic

"...and that's all it says."

It was a sunny morning in Piltover, the City of Progress known in the world of Aetheria. At the center of it sat the sheriff's office, open day and night to make sure no crooks get away with a crime in this city of advanced science and bustling economy. Normally, the sheriff and the deputies would respond to the telephone calls reporting about a crime committed somewhere in this large sky city, but today the sheriff was busy researching something entirely new, with a strange gentleman with a prosthetic skeletal arm who brought in something very valuable.

"Someone so evil and greedy like Captain Verdelion was actually feeling remorse for amassing so much money?" The sheriff asked a question of disbelief. The office had several windows, but the windows were covered with a thick leather blind, covering the office in a darkness, lit only by a coal-powered lamp on the desk. This was done due to the gentleman's request. However, the lamp's meager light is the only thing required to make the observers know that the sheriff was a very beautiful woman. "I guess time does change everything."

"Not everything." The gentleman shook his head. His face was covered in darkness, but his prosthetic arm was visible by the lamplight. His voice was rich and smooth, like an aristocrat's. "Verdelion's treasure is timeless, as long as nobody finds it."

"That's the problem. The most crucial part of the log is ripped." The sheriff sighed and put her hands together on her forehead in exhaustion. "We still don't know where the treasure is located at."

"But we have a lead now. The log shows who was in his crew. If we manage to interrogate them..."

The sheriff got up from the chair, grabbed her state-of-the-art sniper rifle, and reached out to grab the door and leave the office. "I must go. I have an appointment to upgrade my rifle. If you come up with any lead to where those crew members could be, let me know. I'll be in the office all day today."

The sheriff left the office, leaving the gentleman inside the office, lit only by the lamp, continuing in his analysis on the Captain Verdelion's logs.
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 07-05-2014, 12:44 PM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

3 miles north of Jefferson - Skylands Airspace

The skies of Aetheria were thin yet breezy. Perfect weather for those who desired to fly and perfect wind for those who wished to sail. As with most days around the Skylands, the skies had its fair share of airships flying from location to location. Some moving between cities within Skyland territory, others providing transport to neighbouring nations and city states, while others simply travelled the skies in search of land or things to encounter. To those who had never seen air travel before, it was a sight to behold. For those who lived in the skies themselves, it was merely another busy day.

As to be expected from the chaos that can be the Skylands' airspace, there needs be law. After all, what good is a sky nation without anything to protect the skies of which it rests upon. This was where the Skylands Air Force came in. An organisation created and run by the Skylands government to ensure order in the skies, seize sky pirates, and protect cities from aerial assaults. One such airship had been assigned on patrol duty within a 5 mile radius of the Skylands city of Jefferson. This ship was the SAF Heisenberg. A protector class military airship designed to be mounted with several light weaponry and few heavier guns while still being maneuverable in and out of combat. After two weeks of patrols, the Heisenberg had filled the allotted time dedicated to patrols and had began to make its journey back to one of Jefferson's docks.

"Keep 'er steady!" A mounted gunner called out from his stationed position as the ship flew its course back to Jefferson. "We dun want the old 'eisenberg collapsin' now!"
    Aboard the Heisenberg was a motley crew that consists of primarily men and a couple of women. While most of them were trained gunners, several of the crew had their own individual roles. To be expected from a crew that had been away from the city for a fortnight; there was an onboard chef, a doctor, and a few engineers. A crew that had the right skills and right diversity to easily survive a fortnight and to take on any threats that the Eisenberg may be presented with. Especially against pirates. In preparations for landing, the crew began to take their positions at their guns and on deck. Like being out in the open skies, anything could happen at any step of the journey. For all the crew knew, they could be attacked at any point while flying back to the port. One could never let their guard too soon. For to drop one's guard meant giving the enemy a potential advantage. To raise the ship's defenses, most of the gunners had already been stationed at their respective weapons. Two on gatling guns, one on a flak cannon, and another on the front gun. With their defenses in place and their landing slowly approaching, the on deck crew began to make their last minute checks and tasks. Cleaning up and fixing anything that may have been worn down or damaged. The pilot focused intently as they directed ship through any oncoming ships and on course to Jefferson's north docks. All of the crew were braced for landing and were prepared for any surprise attacks. That was except for one crew member.

Located beneath deck in the crew quarters was a young blonde haired woman. One that looked to be of an age between 17 and 24. Her young body made it hard to identify her true age. Unlike the crew on deck, the woman had spent most of her day aboard the Heisenberg sat on her bed reading what few books she had. As she slowly turned the pages, glancing at them with her youthful golden eyes, she twirled and wrapped her left finger in her drill-like twintails. Around her bed were a number of assorted rifles, handguns, and other power-based weaponry. Some that appeared to be part of the woman's personal equipment while others looked highly out of place. On first glance, people would assume that either this woman was either well-armed or that she was merely a collector. Whatever the case may have been, she appeared to like her weaponry as much as her books. If not more. One could never really tell without actually talking to her.

"For crying out loud, Miriah. We're about to dock at Jefferson." A crewmate called out as they approached the young woman. "Could you at least get up on deck instead of down here?" Miriah stared up from her book and looked straight at her fellow crewmate. Miriah gave out a light sigh and shook her head in defeat.
    "And I thought we were still on patrol..." Miriah replied in a voice of defeat. "Time really does fly by when reading a good book." As Miriah spoke out to her crewmate, it was apparent that Miriah had a certain accent to her. One that carried an air of formality and class yet was still able to sound friendly. Her face showed a sign of both friendliness and annoyance. While she had just been interrupted in her reading session, Miriah couldn't help but admit that she did clearly ignore roll call and opted instead to merely sit back and read while all of her crewmates were pacing around deck. It wasn't good conduct nor good manners and Miriah knew it all too well.
    "Regardless, I'll get on deck." Miriah continued. "Just let me get my weapons and I'll join you up there." Upon her Miriah's response, the crewmate departed and made their way back up on deck.

Once the crewmember had left Miriah to her own devices, she got up from her bed and began to gather her things. A rifle placed under the bed, two revolvers, and whatever else she had left behind. Miriah then placed the first of the revolvers in a holster, the rifle on her back, and packed away the rest of her supplies. Now what was left was her routine check and then to make her way up on deck. Weapons? Present and ready. Outfit? Tidy and straightened. Ammunition? Ready, if needed. The last thing to check was her prized possession. Reaching into her inner coat pocket, Miriah drew out a gun like none that she had in her immediate collection. With a silver body and large golden barrel, it was the firearm that Miriah that considered the biggest piece of her arsenal. The Maverequs. The only gun that, while not her first, is the only permanent feature in her little collection. Moving over to a mirror, Miriah looked in the mirror and struck a pose with her Maverequs in hand.

With her final check done, Miriah placed the Maverequs back into her inner pocket and began to make her way up on deck. After 2 weeks, Miriah was about to return to land after another patrol operation. And for what it was worth, Miriah could really do with some tea about now.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 07-05-2014, 07:09 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Moroz Drakon

It was a sunny day in Moroz Drakon, everyone was doing their daily rounds, but Thomas was about to finish his modification to his revolver, which makes him all excited
      "Alright, and then just one more over here," Thomas muttered, as he tightens his last screw, "Aand done!" His modification to his revolver was complete. "Instead of having 3 rounds, it has 7 now," Thomas cheerfully stated, "and it also fires a lot more faster!" After finishing his modification, he set out with his usual pistol-revolver dual wielding, and set out for the forest. However, he stopped short, as someone mentioned the notorious Captain Verdelion.

"Hey, did you know that Verdelion died?" a man asked.
      "Yeah, I did," a girl said. Interested, Thomas decided to join the conversation.
      "He did?" asked Thomas.
      "Mhm, his treasure is hidden somewhere," the man replied.
      "Not just that, but I heard that he has a large amount of bounty!" exclaimed the girl. Thomas knew that this was a perfect opportunity to start an adventure.
      "Alright, thanks for the info!" thanked Thomas, as he ran off to his house. The man and the girl waved goodbye.

Once he step foot on his house, he grabbed all his guns, prepared to install all of his modifications into his guns, and prepared to create a massive amount of ammunition.
      Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 07-08-2014, 12:33 AM.
      Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
      rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Near Oceanside, Ravendale

It was a quite nice day in Ravendale, with a cool breeze, bright sun overhead, and lush green grass. The third part are what Petra and Mycket had seen for the past few days since entering the lands of Ravendale. They went along at a steady pace, not complaining of walking. It was nice. Peaceful. Better than Wolfholt was, in Mycket's own opinion. Then, Mycket saw a rabbit grazing in the distance.

Mycket nudged Petra and she stopped.

"I see lunch." Mycket said, licking her lips a little.

"Oh, do you?" Petra said, seeing the rabbit ahead. The two crouched down low, and Mycket pulled out her Piston-Long Musket.

"Don't miss." Petra smiled at Mycket, who just rolled her eyes, before taking aim and firing. The shot connected, sending the large rabbit into the deep slumber of death. Mycket looked over to Petra. "Did I miss?"

"No, but the question is, did you hit it in the good place so we get more good meat?" Petra replied. Mycket grumbled something under her breath, but went over to the rabbit. It was a clean shot through the head. And luckily only the head. Mycket held up the rabbit's corpse and grinned at Petra. "Yep. Now, let's not let it's death go in vain."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Moroz Drakon

As the two boys and girl spoke of a great treasure and bounty, a refhead resting on a rooftop smiled at the information (Looks like the start of a new adventure is coming") she thought getting on a seating position and stretching her back until the spineīs bones popped making her sigh

The adventurer put her hand on her back and felt the weapons on it, she glanced at her side and looked at the scenery, people doing their daily lives, nothing bigger, nothing smaller, just their. The redhead was happy for seeing such thing.

Making a final check on her weapons, the adventurer reloaded her weapons and got on her feet "Well then, letps do this" she said to herself jumping down to the floor and started walking through the street
          Last edited by Kristia; 07-08-2014, 12:35 AM.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Oceanside, Ravendale

A somewhat built man was walking down the hall of a resort. He had his hands in his pockets.

... The captain's treasure... I've always gone to where he hid it... But every time I was blindfolded... Damn it, that old man. I could've taken all of that gold right off his hands... But I was always 'just the servant.' Well, I showed them. Killed every last one of 'em. Too bad the old fart had to give out before I got to him... But I have only him to thank. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have gained all of the experience in pirating that I do. Now I'm strong enough to take on twice his crew. As for the man himself... Well, let's just thank that he's dead.

He headed to the lobby and sat down on a chair. He let out a deep sigh.

"... Goddammit..."

I've plundered quite the bit of gold... But what to spend it on... Really, I just kinda... Wanna take a small break. Plundering isn't as much fun anymore... And god forbid anyone knows anything of the missing treasure. They all come to me, last survivor of his crew... Dammit! I should've kept someone alive... Oh well. It was them or me. I did what I had to. 'Cept now no one's left and I know sh*t about the treasure...

... I did kill
            everyone... Right?
            Last edited by wonderweiss; 07-08-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Moroz Drakon

"Alright, just one more screw here..." muttered Thomas, as he was finishing off his last modification to his gun, "There! This should do it." After finishing his modifications he now has

Spoiler:

a fast revolver that shoots seven rounds,

Spoiler:

a pistol that can use different types of ammunition,

Spoiler:

a rifle that is extremely accurate,

Spoiler:

and lastly an experimental gun that shoot three barrels of ammunition at once.

With his weapons and a bag full of ammunition, Thomas sets off for a new adventure. However, on his way there, he bumped into a female with red hair.
              Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 07-08-2014, 12:33 AM.
              Spoiler:

Comment

Moroz Drakon

Lia was calmly walking through the street thinking on how to to find that treasure and bounty ("Hm.. I heard part of their conversation, but I need to know all of it, maybe I can ally with that guy") she thought when suddenly she felt someone bump on her back

Looking back while putting a hand on her swordīs hilt, the redhead serious look changed to one of relief ("speaking of the devil") she thought and and then spoke "Whatīs the matter young boy, going on an adventure?" she gestured to the weapons strapped on his body
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Moroz Drakon

"Yeah, on the quest for Verdelion's treasure of course!" exclaimed Thomas. "It's just that these weapons are heavy as hell..." Thomas was about to say "sorry for bumping," but he thought about where Verdelion's treasure is. He had absolutely no idea, and he didn't have an airship to traverse with, so he considered joining forces with her, to have an idea of where it is. He decided to join her. "Say, you mind me joining you? All I pretty much have right now are weapons and nothing else," asked Thomas.
                  Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 07-08-2014, 12:34 AM.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Moroz Drakon

Lia couldnīt help but smile at the boyīs eagerness for adventure, it reminded her of the first adventure she had "Hm.. letīs say we become allies on this quest, but first, what are your abilities? I see the weapons with you, but what skills do you have?" she asked him with honest words

"Surely you know the pirates and the toy soldiers wouldnīt mind attacking two travelers, so what can you do Mister.." she spoke sending the question of also his name

Spoiler:

Comment

Moroz Drakon

Thomas was proficient in hunting quick and easy, especially for birds. Quickly, he looked for birds flying about in the sky. He saw about three. "Look over there," pointed Thomas. He took out his strong rifle, and aimed for a bird. He waited for the perfect moment, and then he fired a bullet. Two birds came crashing down to the ground. "Two birds, one bullet," bragged Thomas, even though he always chases down animals rather than sniping them when he does actual hunting.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Oceanside, Ravendale

About thirty minutes after the rabbit was killed, Petra and Mycket finally arrived in the city of Oceanside, eating the now quite cooked rabbit.

"Mhm. Mycket, your cooking is phenomenal. Where'd you learn?" Petra asked.

"Myself, mostly. Gotta cook well with what little you've got." Mycket explained. "So, where are we, exactly?"

"Weeell, let me take a look." Petra pulled out a map from one of her many pockets, unfolding it. It was a map of Ravendale, partially scrunched up, but easily still usable. "If we take the distance we travelled, the surroundings, I think I can safely say this is Oceanside. Looks like a fancy place."

"Yep, it does." Mycket said. "Should we go find a hotel or something, maybe look around?"

"I guess, maybe." Petra said. "Might have to count up our money though."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Moroz Drakon

Nice shooting, but you forgot the last one" Lia spoke looking at the last bird as her hair showed her mechanical eye for a second, then in a quick movement she took her revolver and aimed it to a wall and fired. The bullet whistled its way and made a ricochet clash going to the bird, but graced itīs head making some feather get off from its head

"Donīt get cocky and you will survive boy, letīs see how good you are dealing with a vessel" she spoke walking to her ship, but stopped and walked to where the dead birds lay. She picked them up from their feet and glanced at the boy "Now we donīt need to hunt for tonightīs dinner" she smiled going back to her ship
                          Last edited by Kristia; 07-08-2014, 12:34 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Moroz Drakon

Thomas walked towards the ship. Geez, it's been a while since I left here, he thought. Even though he knew that the girl was partly machine, he was never bothered as he was always aware that machinery was dominating in the current age. Once he boarded the ship, thoughts of what the world beyond filled his mind. He thought about how he would attack pirates, save lives and such, but he knew that there was one thing that he had to ask to the girl before all this had started. Digging around his thoughts, he finally knew what to ask. "Say, I'm Thomas. What's your name?" he asked.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Moroz Drakon

Enjoying the walk through the docks, Lia was already thinking of what to do on her list, first was to gather information about the treasure and bounty and she thought that Thomas would have good information, even though it was a rumor. Her thought was interrupted when said person asked her name

"Im Lia, pleasure to meet you Thomas" she greeted him as they walked towards her ship, she knew that the boy gazed at her mechanical eye, but was ok with it since many have done the same quite enough times so she was used to it

Reaching the place where she left her vessel, Myura stopped and looked at Thomas "Well then new partner, here is our ship, the Sky fox" she showed the ship
                              http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...in-d6hks77.jpg

"It has everything we need for either long travels or quick blasts with itīs dual engines, the inner part has the commodities of bedrooms, a small living room with bookcases, a kitchen, storage room, armory and obviously the piloting room." The redhead explained while walking to the shipīs right side where the pressured door lay. "It is also prepared with turrets that can be automatic or manual in case you want to use them as also it can go below water in case of underwater ruins or cities" She spoke opening the door by using her left and mechanical arm, the circular piece on the top of her lower arm connected with a dial and opened the lock.

The door opened and Lia put a leg into the ship Ready for our voyage?" she asked offering her arm to Thomas
                              Last edited by Kristia; 07-08-2014, 12:34 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X