X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC] Militaires Sans Frontières (MSF)

Command Center, Mother Base - (@Kristia)

Cigar smoke filtered through the air conditioning units as an uncomfortable soldier paced about his private office. MSF's Mother Base housed many amenities and was more than capable of supporting a small country's worth of people, politicians, farmers, and more, but it couldn't supply the comfort of a peaceful life. The grizzled soldier did not mind the lack of comfort, and as he looked out a window and onto the offshore plant his soldiers had built, he figured there was no such thing as 'peaceful comfort' in this world. To be frank, the man didn't even know the meaning of peace. For so long he had fought and died on the battlefield, participated in many operations, and killed plenty of people just to get where he was today. Conflict was in his nature, and he had to fight for his right to keep living. Everything that he had, he needed to fight to protect it.

Big Boss growled as he rubbed the side of his face, the part that wasn't covered in a weathered eyepatch. MSF was his vision for a soldier's heaven, an Outer Heaven. He cared deeply for its wellbeing and the soldiers wearing the Pangea-skull patch in its honor. These were good soldiers who fought not because they needed a reason, but because they simply were needed in the world. Someone needed someone to fight for them, and if the times call for it, the soldiers would be more than just hired guns. They would be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.

MSF was a business, and after the Peace Walker incident, business was about to get better.

But there was a problem. After the Peace Walker incident the client, a Costa Rican student named Paz Ortega, was revealed to be a triple agent working for an organization called CIPHER. Her attempt to terrorize the land near Mother Base and label the soldiers as pirates was thwarted at the cost of catastrophic damage to Metal Gear ZEKE and losing the one tie to CIPHER MSF had. Paz, or Pacifica Ocean, was thrown into the water after the fight and was rumored to have been rescued by a fisherman. Big Boss couldn't afford to have the traitor leak any secrets or meet back up with CIPHER, so his future days were booked on trying to find out Paz's whereabouts. This in turn took up most of his free time and put a heavy burden on his mind.

Before the legendary soldier could get back to his files and documents, a dull knock came at his door. He growled for the visitor to come in before sitting back down in his chair. A blonde-haired man stepped into the room wearing the uniform of the MSF, although with a yellow scarf and sunglasses on. He looked over at Big Boss and shook his head at the sight of the soldier smoking in his chair with a desk filled with papers and walkman tapes.

"Boss, Alligator has returned to base with a prisoner in tow. He's been admitted to the brig until someone can talk to him."

"You're not even going to chastise me for not inspecting the men, Kaz?" Big Boss said with a chuckle, dismissing Kazuhira Miller's statement. "It is Sunday after all, and it's late."

"Everyone is in agreement that you deserve some R&R, Boss. No-one is judging you for not showing up, especially after this incident with Paz," Kaz explained. "And... Well, I figure I factor into you needing some R&R."

"I'll rest when I'm dead, Kaz. Now, what's this about a prisoner?"

Kaz pressed up on his sunglasses and stepped up to the window where Big Boss once stood. He thought for a moment as the grizzled soldier took another drag from his cigar.

"Alligator was sent to neutralize a flock of Kidnappers that didn't go offline after Peace Walker. He performed his task and managed to take out the operators, a pair of Peace Sentinel soldiers operating from a cargo truck a half-mile north from the landing beach in Costa Rica." Kaz noticed the blank stare in Big Boss' eye and explained further. "The same beach where you had the date with Paz."

"Ugh, don't remind me," Big Boss groaned. "It was torture enough having to reset all my CO-OPS communication responses to things she'd like, and all I got for my efforts was a sandy tuxedo, an awkward time in a cardboard box, and a copy of Amanda's uniform."

"Yes... It wasn't a good time," Kaz agreed. "Anyway, Alligator managed to find the prisoner nearby in a small hovel. According to him, the prisoner had some demolitions supplies on him and other combat equipment. And no, we don't believe he has any affiliation with the Sandinistas. He's in the brig for now."

"Don't we usually put POWs on the staff roster after they get here?"

"We used to, but after Paz and Zadornov, we should be more careful."

Big Boss nodded and took another drag from his cigar before standing up. POWs were rescued and either put to work or sent back to their homes. MSF did not force enemy combatants or POWs to work against their will, but they didn't allow them to walk Mother Base until they made a firm decision. Before Big Boss could speak up, a nearby radio unit beeped and came to life. The sound was choppy and somewhat faint, but for the Boss, it was as clear as day. He approached the radio and listened in for a moment before glancing out the windows. A helicopter was flying towards Mother Base in the distance, but it wasn't embroidered with the MSF insignia.

"Ah... That must be one of our clients," Big Boss muttered. He turned to his desk and reached for his M1911A1, his lethal pistol of choice. "Kaz, find someone to talk to that prisoner. I shouldn't be too long on this one."

"You got it Boss. I'll have one of the men on that right away."

Typically the guards in the brig would try to make conversation with prisoners and enemies and try to sway them over to MSF's side. Because of Zadornov's multiple escape attempts which required work to be done on cells and Paz's 'homecooking' before the ZEKE incident, the usual gaurds were not on duty. They were in the sickbay recovering from a bad case of food poisoning. That left the combat unit soldiers as temporary guards. As Big Boss left to see after the approaching client, Kaz remembered that there was a list of soldiers who were chosen to temporarily guard or be present in the brig.

The man reached for his radio and dialed it for direct communication with Mother Base's shooting range. If his hunch was right, the soldier whose turn it was to be in the brig was probably in the range.

[Miller-149.57] This is Miller requesting Hunting Fox. Hunting Fox come in! -]

(( Wonder, you can have fun by yourself in the brig, right? Apologies, but I'm dead tired and this is all that I can do right now. ))

Kill house (shooting range)

There was the echo of bullets being fired in the shooting range, something pretty normal for ayone who wanted to train his or her accuracy with the inanimate targets. Usually the most common target was the head, but this person´s target had hits on other areas like the shoulders and hips. This person was aiming to just incapacitate her current target knowing by experience that a downed, but not dead enemy might have good information.

Taking slow breaths, the blonde took her revolver and fired at the target, each of the six bullets hit their mark, one in each shoulder, another hole on the hips and the last two on both the heart and the head. Breaking the revolver and reloading it she looked at the other two soldiers that were training with her. "As you can see you usually are trained to hit the head or the heart, but sometimes you need to just take away your enemy´s ability to attack only. Hitting the hip will mostly damage hs or her ability to walk while getting the shoulders or arms will hinder the use of the limb to almost non-existent percent" she explained while putting the bullets on the chamber

"But what if the enemy has enough protection on those areas?, they might have great armor too" the shooter at her right asked a good question that was answered by a shot to the target´s neck´s sides "Try firing to joints of the body, they need the freedom of mobility so they usually don´t have armor there" the blonde spoke while touching her neck to show the most fragile areas to hit.

The trio of soldiers were practicing their aiming when the sound of the radio was heard [Miller-149.57] This is Miller requesting Hunting Fox. Hunting Fox come in! -]

Glancing at the source of the sound, the other two soldiers looked at their current trainer "Looks like it is time to work, isn´t it? thank you for the lesson ma´am" he thanked the blonde as she nodded to them and took her radio [Sara-142.34] "This is Hunting Fox, what is the situation?, over" she asked through the device

(I´m still reading the MSG wiki for details)
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

[IC] Militaires Sans Frontières (MSF)

Command Center, Mother Base - (@Kristia)

Kazuhira Miller was a strange man. He was a shrewd businessman, a soldier with a samurai mindset, and a skilled cook. He was also a womanizer. The man loved just about everything when it came to women, be it their hair, their figure, their tastes and personalities, anything and everything. Granted, the man wasn't a hopeless romantic and he didn't have that much luck with the female soldiers in MSF, but his reputation constantly preceded him. If it wasn't for the sauna incident and Strangelove's smear campaign against him, he probably would be in heaven.

That said, Kaz acted strangely around women and didn't have much luck with them. This was evident in the man's voice when he replied to Hunting Fox.

[Miller-149.57] Ah, well, uh... Oh right. It's your turn to tackle the brig today, so you'll be on call until further notice. There's a prisoner in the brig that needs to be talked to. ]

Hunting Fox was considered a skilled markswoman and an exceptional combat soldier who bolstered morale for many female soldiers in the MSF. Her proficiency with sidearms was commendable, and her skill with a rifle was the talk of MSF at times. Big Boss, however, didn't have much to say about the woman. For some reason he didn't much care for the type of rifle Hunting Fox used, but then again, the grizzled soldier had many critiques to give out to his soldiers. Kazuhira Miller cleared his throat and spoke up into the radio again.

[Miller-149.57] You do know how to talk to prisoners in the brig, correct? Stand in front of their cell and press the Action Button. Try to sway the prisoner over to our side if you can, or at the very least figure out who he is and what his allegiances are. ]
      Last edited by Major Mario; 08-11-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mario View Post
        [Miller-149.57] You do know how to talk to prisoners in the brig, correct? Stand in front of their cell and press the Action Button.]
        ((OMG MAJOR THAT LAST PART WAS PERFECT XD))

MSF Brig

The said prisoner was fast asleep.

He had a vivid dream. One that any soldier would have at any point in their lives: being on the battlefield. In this dream him and his former team -- a band of guerillas -- were fighting a tank. He fired a grenade launcher and the tank exploded. He was happy and turned to look at his teammates just as proud, but instead found them pointing their guns at him. He was afraid, and all time froze.

Then, he saw one last frightening image: El Colibri rising from behind them, with a demonic red eye instead of its standard AI eye because that is how he viewed it: a demon.

He woke up just afterwards with his heart racing. He took deep breaths to calm himself. He told himself that it was all a dream. Hell, he didn't know if El Colibri was still in the area. Hopefully someone destroyed it. Wouldn't that be nice?

He looked around and noticed that he was in a different cell. Then he remembered that someone transferred him. But then again, their attire was much different... uniform change? Or was he rescued? Either way, he wasn't ready to spill any information. He may not be on good terms with the guerrillas, but the least he can do is not give any information. After all, they were still after the same thing.

He sat up and leaned on a wall, humming "Here's to You" by Joan Baez.
        Last edited by wonderweiss; 08-11-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Kill house - en route to Brig

[Sara-142.34] I know how to deal with prisoners, but what do we know of him? that might be of good help" Sara spoke through the radio as she headed towards the Brig. She knew that Miller was some ind of womanizer, but she also knew that he was a skilled soldier, what he did in his private life was understandable only if it didn´t cause problems to others, in fact the blonde had also her own personal stuff, it was just that she did them usually alone.

On the outside, many could think that Lynchwood was a cold and methodical soldier, but she also had a soft side by helping the crew of thee different areas however she could, it may look like she is strict, but being soft in a place where you needed to be the top in the pyramid wasn´t the place for a soft person, therefore her strict personality.

She had met Big Boss in some occasions, but they shared the same lack of words, she knew that the man had big priorities and was someone who possibly was the closest to the perfect soldier, but there was also the silent conversation they could have shared in the eyes of the blonde ex mercenary. She saw not much of acknowledgement from Big Boss and she didn´t see much greatness in the soldier, that was what she liked about him, he was just a person like everyone else.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Command Center, Mother Base - ((@Kristia))

[Miller-149.57] Alligator wasn't able to get much from the prisoner. All he said was, "Damn you... Damn you all". Whether he said that in response to the Peace Sentinels or his former unit is anyone's guess. Also, Amanda Valenciano Libre, the current Sandinista leader, said she wasn't familiar with the prisoner, although he was wearing a similar uniform. We're thinking a hired mercenary or a local militiaman here. That's all I can give you at the moment, Hunting Fox. If you need any more information, my frequency is 149.57. The commandante and her brother are around for support as well. Their frequencies are 144.44 and 140.57, respectively. ]

The route to the brig was filled with soldiers and equipment. Jeeps and trucks transported supplies and ammunition between the various struts of the offshore plant while idle soldiers patrolled and conversed amongst themselves. The pleasant sea breeze was enough to make any soldier weary and complacent, but many kept themselves busy performing the tasks set upon them by the various divisions of MSF. For example, a CQC instructor was busy beating the living tar out of a few fresh recruits while a couple of rescued researchers fawned over one soldier testing out the newest upgrade to the 'Soliton Radar'. No matter where you looked, Mother Base was a hive of activity.

[Miller-149.57] It's time for my inspection of the Mess Hall. Good luck, we're counting on you, Fox. ]

Comment

en route to Brig

[Miller-149.57]"So we possibly got a fanatic, those have thick skulls when it comes to interrogations, let´s just hope this guy can cooperate" Sara spoke looking at how the people worked in the Mother Base, it was something of routine, some freshmen were being yelled at, others were dealing with machinery and some were patrolling the area.

Hearing that Miller was preparing for an inspection, the blonde said [Miller-149.57] Good luck to you too, over and out" she ended the call. The soldier finally reached the brig and was used to see the usual stuff from it, some prisoners were acting like crazy trying to get free while others were in resignation just staring at the wall. She walked to the cell she got from one of the guards and pressed the speaker button "So you are the new guy" she greeted the prisoner

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig

Alonso slowly looked up.

"... New guy? So I have been rescued? That or you suddenly want an enemy, someone who can easily shoot you in the back during an operation, to join you. Well, you can try, but unfortunately, I'm gonna need more than a welcome wagon to join. So... Let's talk introductions. I'm Alonso. You are?"

Comment

MSF Brig

"The name is Sara the blonde greeted and looked at the boy, he seemed close to her age, but made some smart aleck comment ("Possibly a joker") she thought and then spoke "It depends on what you did and the actions you do while we talk, want to be an idiot, then be it, I could care less of how you act in your personal life, but what do matters is how you deal when working" she spoke in a neutral voice.

The Hunting Fox opened the file she had from the guard and noticed the gunshot marks and the constant "damn you´s" that he said while being taken to the brig "So why the gunshots?" she asked

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig

He looked over his body.

"Aw, crap, that's right. Yea, long story short, I got caught during a solo ops truck sabotage. But as you can see, I survived. Everyone else died, and the cargo was destroyed. Boom. Up in smoke. All because of me."

He gave a hefty sigh.

"... Yet even so... I still wasn't able to make them proud. My comrades... Or who I thought were my comrades."

Comment

MSF Brig

Sara wondered about what Alonso said and spoke "It is logical that they would be worried by their comrade, but let me guess, they actually scolded you for going solo". To her it was the most logical thing that if someone of her team would get lost for without reason, he or she would be either hurt or captured and she did care for her soldiers.

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig

"Heh... Yea, I guess so... But then again, ya never know. Especially when it comes to just getting ready to be discharged."

He unwrapped his bandages. His wounds were stitched and otherwise healed by now. He touched them.

"Yep. Same pain as the one they gave me. My compas were ready to let me go home. They decided I wasn't ready yet. But I knew I was. I knew I was, and I wanted to show them that. So I snuck in to a small camp, found out a line of cargo trucks were ready to come up the mountain, and I decided to sabotage it. I almost got away with it, too. But it all went downhill once I was spotted. It wasn't supposed to be that way. I was only supposed to blow up the cargo trucks and come back. Then tell everyone I did it. Then maybe I wouldn't be discharged. But nope. Heh, nothing ever goes the way you want them. And that sure took its toll on me. I went through a small band of them. I survived it. All I could think after that was... 'They'll be so proud.' So I went back. A whole shit storm went down and I decided to go run off. I ran off into the forest. Once I got far enough, I removed the bullets and stitched up my wounds. After that ordeal, I suffered enough pain. I rested. Too tired to even think of standing. A few moments later went by... And they found me. The mercs found me. And I just thought to myself that they might as well. And so I've been imprisoned for some time. Too long to track. Then more guys picked me up and here I am now."

He sat down on a nearby bed. "But that's enough of my sob story. You look great this evening."

Comment

MSF Brig

The blonde took heard with attention all what the guy said and pondered about his situation ("If what he said is true, this guy might be good, but there is also that overconfidence that will surely get him some enemies from his own side, what is more obvious is his carefree mood") she thought and rubbed the bridge of her nose

"I had a good time, training some soldiers with how to deal with targets without killing them" she spoke showing that there was some relief in the place "But back in track, what would you do if you were free of this cell?" Sara asked Alonso

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig

Alonso knew that question would come into play at some point. He just decided to keep it out of his head for the time being. He had no idea what to do after he was freed.

"... That's a good question. Think... You're a wolf. Your pack wants you to fall back because you can't run fast enough. You try to prove to them you can, but end up putting yourself in danger. Then, a human catches you and keeps you in a cage. Then, another pack frees you from the cage... Then asks you what you'd do now. What would you do? You can't go back to your old pack because they wanted you to fall back anyways. You can't just surrender to the humans again because that is no way for a wolf to live. So all that's left is either go out and do the same thing on your own... Or..."

Alonso finally made eye contact with Sarah. "Let me ask you a question. What are you planning to do with me?"

Comment

MSF Brig

Sara smiled internally as the gears in Alonso´s head moved "That is an easy question, but I will have to answer it with another question" she spoke through the speaker and looked at him with a serious face

"What are you willing to do for what is truly right?"

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X