X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brig, Mother Base - (@General Area)

Most prisoners at the time where rogue Peace Sentinel soldiers or mercenaries who had chosen the wrong side to fight for. Sometimes the rare POW suffering from PTSD or other trauma would be in the brig as well, although their stay in the brig would be cut short when a doctor or other medically-trained soldier tended to them. Typically the hostile soldiers would stay in their cell for about a week before coming around and joining up with MSF, and if they didn't, then Big Boss and the rest of MSF would either let them go or neutralize them. So far, no soldiers in the brig have been neutralized. MSF was strict, but they weren't in the business of the ruthless murder of unarmed combatants.

As Sara spoke with Alonso she could hear a few prisoners muttering curses and mumbling under their breath. Many were sour over their 'recruitment' and being flung through the sky by the Fulton Recovery System. Even more, one prisoner was especially cross over the fact that he had been held up by a half-naked soldier wielding a banana. His week was sure to be filled with sadness and shame, even more so than the prisoner next to him who had been taken out by a soldier who distracted them with a girly magazine. Every prisoner had a story to tell.

A pair of MSF mechanics were busy in the background taking care of Zadornov's cell. Sparks flew as they cut through metal bars and welded on new bits to fix the work the KGB agent did on his cell. They chatted amongst themselves and didn't pay much attention to Hunting Fox as she interrogated her prisoner.

Comment

MSF Brig

Alonso smiled.

"I would risk my own life if it means that we can make the world better."

He stood up.

"So... Tell me what you fight for."

Comment

MSF Brig

Sara leaned on a wall and looked at the ceiling "I fight for the innocent who truly deserve another chance" she said in a calm tone and then looked back at him

"If you were to have another chance, what would you change about you? you got into that mess because of something, what would you need to do to become better?" the blonde asked back in business
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig

Alonso chuckled a bit.

"You make it sound as if it were all my fault. What would I change about myself? I wouldn't get caught."

He looked at Sara's face, looking for the reaction. Because that is not likely an answer she wants.

Comment

Deck, MSF Mother Base

Big Boss looked on towards the north as an unidentified Bell UH-1 Iroquois helicopter, or 'Huey', approached Mother Base. The deck the legendary soldier was on was scarred with burnmarks and bulletholes from a previous fight with a Paz-controlled Metal Gear ZEKE. It was an eyesore, but it would have to do for receiving clients for now. Every soldier was tense near the boss, and for good reason. Clients weren't well-received anymore thanks to Zadornov, Paz, and Cipher, so the utmost of caution had to be taken. Growling, Big Boss took another drag from his cigar and waited.

After a minute of waiting, the sound of the Huey's rotors cut through the air and pushed waves aside as it glided ever closer. There was a tremendous roar of engines and blades when the helicopter touched down on the deck. Just about every MSF soldier had their M16s pointed at the craft, all except for Big Boss who didn't even bother to lift his Colt. He couldn't place it, but somehow he had a feeling that whoever was inside the helicopter wasn't just any old client. No, more than that... An old ally. The grizzled soldier offered a rare smile and came forward as the Huey's doors opened.

"Decided to fly a Huey instead of driving a truck?" he asked as the 'client' stepped out of the Huey...

MSF Brig

As this transpired, the brig remained inactive for some time until a pair of MSF soldiers came in with a couple toolboxes. They looked to a vacant cell near Hunting Fox and pulled out a large square-shaped contraption filled with buttons and unforgiving-looking steel plating. Keypads weren't new to Mother Base, but they were when it came to individual cells. After the escapade with Zadornov, it appeared that the R&D team was going the extra mile. The soldiers began to fiddle with the contraption on the vacant cell before someone entered and advanced on them.

It was a white-haired woman in a crisp suit, and she did not appear too happy with their work.

"No no no! Do you subnormal halfwits even understand the complexity of it all?" She swatted one of the soldier's hands away from the keypad and shoved him aside. Her scowl widened as she fiddled with the mechanism. "You cannot simply slap it on and expect it to work! This is not some plastic explosive or cure-all, it requires care, precision, and above all else, a pair of capable hands!"

The doctor unfastened a few bolts and latches and flipped open the keypad. A gentle beep greeted her before being silenced by a removed wire. The soldiers looked on stupefied as the doctor rewired the contraption and made a botched job less unsightly. She continued to polish and pick at the keypad before shutting and securing it, although with none of the brisk movements of the soldiers. When it came to machines, the doctor used the utmost of care and caution as if she was tending to a small child.

"There. You had better have had a good look at how to do it correctly, because I will not correct you again." The doctor glared daggers at the two soldiers before turning to leave. She hesitated when she noticed Hunting Fox and a prisoner she was talking to. "These buffoons will be installing the same security measure on all of these cells. How long are you going to take with that one there?"

Whereas the doctor was cold and cutting with the two soldiers before, her rotten tone was not as apparent when speaking to Hunting Fox. She was still cold and aloof, but her tone shifted to a more conversational one.

Comment

MSF Brig

Sara was still un-emotional when she heard Alonso´s answer "I never said it was your fault, I asked what is your usual way of acting that caused you to lose both your so called comrades and then had to deal with enemies by yourself, surely you would have noticed something from them, was there isolation against you or murmurs about your behaviour? what do you think they thought about you?" she asked still in a neutral tone

Then she heard the doctor asking about how much time it would take her to deal with the prisoner "It actually depends on him, from only five minutes if he says the truth about himself or as long as an hour if he is too stubborn, I wonder if our guest" she pointed casualy to Alonso "Has potential, but unless he wants to have the 100 questions show, we could just make some real tests in his abilities, but as I said, it depends on him" The blonde spoke to obviously taunt the guy and hoped that the doctor understood her trick.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig

Alonso caught on.

"So it's gonna be that game? Alright, I'm down. What did I think they though of me as? Not ready. Possibly a burden. But look at these scars and tell me I'm not ready. Maybe they don't think I work too well with others, but I do, I know I do. Maybe I... Hey, I don't know, but I do know that I'm a guy that a lot of people like, a people person. Maybe I wasn't the greatest at combat, but hey, I get the job done, no?"

Comment

MSF Brig

"As I just told my companion, it all depends on you, I want people who can be trusted, yes you have scars showing you survive in battle, but can you follow orders? being charismatic is one thing, but if it costs the life of your teammates, then you are on the wrong place" Sara spoke with a serious tone.

"If you can´t be trusted and become some hotshot, then you can thrown away gods I know where because I don´t want people who bark their abilities, you want to prove yourself? show them with good actions, not with reckless ideas or charisma"

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig

Alonso looked up with a smile.

"Now that was insulting. You're a cool girl, and I'm sure you're more experienced here than I am. And trust me when I say I respect that."

He leaned in, keeping his smile. But this time, his voice was more serious.

"Pero holleme, chiquia. I would never, and I say never, put my compas in unnecessary dangers. When I set out to do my private operation, I never put my team in any danger. I did it to prove my worth. And I did it. Okay, I accidentally fell out of a tree and blew my cover. Sure, I got shot up. Did I ever endanger my team? No, I did not. Even when I ran away and was captured prisoner, even through all the torture and through those grueling days, not once did I ever sell out mis hermanos. So you can count on me there. My battle skills can get better. But through the fights my compas had, I would die for them, for the cause. Just like El Che."

Comment

MSF Brig

Sara smiled faintly "Was it that hard to tell me that?" she asked while opening the cell "Come on, let´s test some of your skills" she said calmly and gazed at the doctor "This room is all yours, unless you need some assistance" she offered to the white haired woman

Before Alonso could move, the blonde looked at him "Before I forget" she took her revolver and aimed it at his head "Cuidado con esa lengua, te puede causar muchos problemas y no me vuelvas a llamar chiquilla" she warned him in his own language while holstering her gun back on place.

Sara then motioned him to follow her to the kill zone room area

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig, Mother Base

The white-haired woman watched the verbal exchange between Hunting Fox and the prisoner with some interest in her eye. She did not direct her interest towards the hapless joker in the cell but the woman looking over him. Keypads and incompetent soldiers aside, the woman decided to study and look on in curiosity. She quite liked Hunting Fox, although with most of her encounters with strangers going sour, it wasn't very likely that the female soldier felt the same camaraderie or affinity. These relationships, however tame or benign they were, spoke volumes for someone with a strange love, someone like Dr. Strangelove!

After Hunting Fox and her prisoner reached a sort of consensus, Dr. Strangelove watched as the soldier essentially recruited the prisoner. Most recruitments happened in this manner, usually with a gun being pointed at them but mostly involving an agreement between the interrogator and prisoner. With a small chuckle, the good doctor spoke up before Hunting Fox could get out and get some alone time with her joker of a prisoner.

"Letting him out like a dog for a walk... He's your responsibility, do you know that?" Strangelove folded her arms and looked back at the two soldiers installing keypads. "Just keep him away from research and development."

Comment

MSF Brig, Mother Base

Sara chukled at the doctor´s remark and answered with the same thing "As you also have responsibility with your lab mice, I hope you have fun with your research" she spoke while taking Alonso to the Kill zone room

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brigs

Alonso smiled.

"No te precupas. Me aquerdo."

He then heard the part with the white haired doctor mentioning Sara taking responsibility and found some interest.

"Ah? That sounds interesting. You can be called Jefa." He said to Sara. "And you have a good day," he said to the doctor.

Comment

En route to Kill zone room

Both Sara and Alonso were heading towards the kill zone training room and the former was already thinking of the possible things they could do there, she glanced at the latino when he said she would be his boss "Actually we would be squad mates, sometimes I would lead and vice versa depending on the situation and our skills, but for the moment I will be your trainer to see on what you are good and what you are bad." she spoke breaking her revolver and putting bullets on the now obviously empty gun.

"So what are your good skills and bad skills?" the blonde asked the male

Spoiler:

Comment

MSF Brig, Mother Base

An ordinary scientist or soldier would take offense to what Sara, Hunting Fox, had just said, but Dr. Strangelove was quite strange. She saw a comedic side to the soldier as her shoulders moved with her chuckles. Verbal banter, while one-sided most of the time, was as invigorating as morning coffee. Dr. Strangelove cherished a strong-willed college who could walk on their own... Although, she did have a bit of a soft spot for the wheelchair-bound Huey...

With a rare smile, the AI doctor turns back to her two incompetent workers and returns to verbally bashing them, as per usual. She completely and utterly ignores Alonso, also as per usual. Now, I'd say that she's a bit of a prude and a bitch, but the fact of the matter is that the enigmatic Dr. Strangelove simply doesn't like other people. Other than a few soldiers and individuals, she wants nothing to do with others. A misanthrope by any other name!

Personal Codec Call to Hunting Fox

[Miller-149.57] Ah! I see you've managed to convince the prisoner to join us! Alonso Mertano, was it?]

How anyone was able to 'see' things through another soldier's eyes, let alone the world from a simple CODEC call was unknown. The CODEC at this point in time was just a simple radio call between two individuals, not some space-age conversation that stopped time for all except the participants! Although, many of MSF's researchers were very interested in creating a better system...

[Miller-149.57] If you're going to take 'Alonso' to the Kill Zone, it might be a good idea to get him a uniform. The uniform that prisoners wear, no matter how varied, offers low defense and low main ammo storage. Our Jungle Fatigues offer enough space to carry over five pieces of equipment and five weapons, plus your two main weapon slots. Also, defense is raised and your ammo storage is much better! But knowing you, you already know that! Get our new soldier situated and we'll see about- Hm? ..... Ah, yes, continue with what you're doing. I believe the Boss will be arriving shortly to the Kill Zone as well. ]

Comment

Working...
                                X