Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character’s Name: Azeruk (Jason Stone. Doesn't know his real name yet.)

Sex: Male

Character Type: Remembering Person

Magic Type: Light

Weapons and Starting Gear:

Weapons:
    Spoiler:
    2 Foldable Combat Knives:
    Spoiler:
    Azeruk found these knives after walking through the woods, where he found a dead soldier. Azeruk thought of removing the soldier's armor, but most of the armor was too badly damaged to be salvageable. Instead, Azeruk decided to take the combat knives on the soldier's belt. The Combat Knives are made out of a special military-grade alloy that can withstand enormous amounts of stress and abuse and still keep its edge. They have a spike on the bottom of the handle and can be used as a way to quickly incapacitate enemies. The spike is capable of piercing bone, so caution must be used when trying to incapacitate enemies in a non-lethal way. It also has an extra blade on the back of the handle, inside of the hook. This is used to cut ropes, belts, straps, and anything else that can fit in the slot.

40 Metal Throwing Spikes:
    Spoiler:
    Back when Azeruk's house was attacked by bandits, Azeruk used his light magic to blast through the intruders with lasers. Unfortunately, the bandits soon returned, only this time they brought mirrors and crystals to counter Azeruk's lasers. Having nothing at hand except for nails, Azeruk applied the same principles of traveling with light and used it on the nails, turning them into deadly projectiles. The nails pierced straight through the bandits' mirrors and armor and quickly ended the bandit invasions. Seeing how effective the nails were, Azeruk decided to weaponize his stunt and created metal spikes. These metal spikes measure at about 2 inches in length and 9 millimeters in diameter, and both sides are sharpened to a point. Azeruk uses wrist holders to keep the spikes ready at all times.

Misc:
    Spoiler:
    A leather harness with many belts, loops, and pouches (basically a utility belt), a toolkit with only the most versatile tools, homemade explosives (small shrapnel bombs. Basically grenades.), heat resistant gloves (welding/blacksmithing and doesn't wear them often), and the knight's crossbow (Actually an Assault Rifle, but he wouldn't know about that. Without bullets, it's pretty much useless.).

Weakness: He can sometimes be reckless and stubborn. He also constantly abuses his magic and sometimes overuses it, causing strain to his body. He is inexperienced in combat and knows little about knife-work and sword-play. He tries to compensate for this by augmenting his combat capabilities with light magic. He also doesn't like to talk about his family, due to the bandits raiding his house and killing them.

History and Personality: When Azeruk was 9, he first discovered that he could create light. At first, it was just light like from a flashlight, or an LED. By age 10, Azeruk could create lasers that could burn through some metals. Azeruk's father was intrigued by this, considering that he was a blacksmith and craftsman. Azeruk's father had gravity magic while his mother had fire magic. Together, they all created weapons, armor, tools, and various other items for people to buy. Azeruk's mother tended to the forge's heat, while his father would strengthen the metal by super-compressing it into a smaller shape. Azeruk would then sculpt the metal with machine-like precision. He would sharpen blades to a razor's edge and carve cleaned edges into some of the more intricate items they would sell to the nearby villages. When Azeruk was not working, he was usually playing with his abilities by turning invisible, making weak, different colored lasers, and make floating balls of light.

When Azeruk was 17, he began to have strange dreams. In these dreams, he would live as this boy called Jason Stone. The house had all these strange contraptions made out of light, metal, and glass. What was even more strange was that the house was alive and could talk, but only in a monotone voice. What was even more strange was the fact that after Azeruk began having these dreams, his magical abilities increased in strength and became easier to use. Not too long after, Azeruk could now create plasma by using an intense light as a core and travel at the speed of light. Not only that, his lasers also began to show vast improvements. He could now create powerful purple lasers and change the size of his lasers. Another thing he learned was how to make burning light, light that would give off heat and ultraviolet radiation. It wasn't very practical, but Azeruk liked to play with it anyways.

Soon Azeruk's father and mother allowed him to become more involved in creating items. He was now allowed to smelt the various metals, shape them into various parts, then assemble them into various complex items. Soon, Azeruk was able to create handheld bombs out of gunpowder and metal scraps, as well as fully automatic clockwork crossbows.

When Azeruk was 18, his father and mother sent him on a trip to one of the nearby villages, to deliver a stack of metal plates to the local bakery. Thanks to Azeruk's ability to travel by light, he was always early and had free time to roam the forest between his home and the village. On the way back to his house, Azeruk decided to take the scenic route and walk through the woods. While he was walking there, he stumbled upon a strange sight. What he saw was a knight of some kind, only his armor was much sleeker than the usual bulky armor he was used to seeing. The knight looked as if he was killed by a magic user, due to the heavy burn marks and melted metal in the armor. Seeing the armor as special, Azeruk tried to salvage it, but it was too badly damaged to be salvageable. The only armor that could be salvaged was the boots. Once Azeruk took the boots, he also looked at the knight's weapons. The knight had two knives that folded in half and another weapon Azeruk couldn't quite understand at the time. It looked like a crossbow, only it looked as if it carried metal darts. Azeruk tried it out in the forest, but the crossbow bade a large bang and destroyed a nearby tree trunk. The design of the weapon was impressive, so Azeruk decided to take it with him, along with the foldable knives.

When Azeruk got home, tragedy struck. He came home to find bandits raiding his home. Upon seeing this, Azeruk took out the knight's crossbow and fired it at the bandits, ripping holes in their leather armor and killing them quickly. Once it was all over, Azeruk searched his home, only to find that the bandits had killed his parents and taken some of the blueprints. In a fit of rage, Azeruk followed the remaining bandits to their hideout and killed them with the knight's crossbow and knives. He then took the blueprints back and burned the hideout to the ground. Azeruk went home and hid the blueprints. Once that was done, Azeruk then traveled back to the village told his father's friend, Gordon, about what had happened. They held a funeral service at the local cemetery and said their final goodbyes. A week after the indecent, Azeruk moved back into his old home, despite Gordon offering to let him stay. After getting home, Azeruk cleaned up the house, started up the forge, and continued his family's work. Azeruk was devastated by the death of his family, but tried to ignore it by working.

A month later, Azeruk soon found out that the bandits he had killed were not just a solitary group. Soon, Azeruk had to deal with bandit attacks on an almost weekly basis. After a long while, all the fighting against the bandidts allowed Azeruk to learn new tricks with his magic and allowed him to come up with various weapons to combat his enemies. After a year, Azeruk was now 19 years old. The bandits had given up on attacking him, but they still appeared every once in a while to try again. Azeruk has been crafting items and practicing with his magic ever since...

Azeruk is a fairly easygoing person and is very accepting toward those around him. He occasionally jokes and sometimes snarks about certain situations. He can be a little hot-headed, depending on his mood, but is a pretty patient and kind person overall.

Appearance: Dark brown hair to the point that it looks black, brown eyes, a slightly tanned skin tone, medium build, weighs 180 lbs, and stands at 5' 10''. He wears SYSTEM Soldier's Boots, loose fitting black leather pants with many pockets(not skin-tight, comfortable, slightly loose), a black sleeveless heavy-duty leather shirt with a reinforced front. He also wears two wrist straps with throwing darts inside of them. They allow him to always have darts at hand.

Boots:
    Spoiler:

Morality: Neutral Good. Azeruk usually tries to stay within the rules, but if he needs to, he will bend and twist them to fit his moral compass. While his moral compass doesn't point true north, he does what he believes is best not only for himself, but for those around him.
    Last edited by S121; 08-13-2013, 11:21 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@S121

All good

Looks like that if no one else is going to take it I'll take the void magic (max two players allowed to have it)
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Again, another one, sounds fun ...

Character’s name: Nilandris (Prefers to be called Nil)

Sex: Female

Character type: Hermit/Remembering Person

Magic type: Water Magic and her powers will increase when she has someone that she trusts for

Weapons and starting gear: Twin Longswords ,a pouch of 'stuff' on her waist.

Weakness: She's quite weak when it comes to long range attacks, so she cannot defend against arrows, etc, (say 15 metres or more) also is quite oblivious to her surroundings, so subceptible to ambushes alone.

History and personality: Her family is a religious buddhist so she was raised, believing in Buddhism strongly. After Origin came out, her religion was destroyed in a sense. A couple years after System came out, she started having repeated blackouts where her memories would come back to her for a few seconds, where she would blackout for a few moments. She heard about other people like her, experiencing weird memories being take away, so she kept it to herself. After her parents died of age, (she is the youngest of 4 siblings) she decided to leave her town (Ulfur Town), to prevent anyone from getting hurt and now lives near the border of Skrimsil Lake and Endalausir Forest. She is quite friendly with the sea monsters in Skrimsil Lake, after spending alot of time underwater. Also as result of living near the Forest, she knows her way around the Forest and is on friendly terms with the monster/people in there. Her religious views also slowly came back to her, answering her questions and problems. Thus,she spends most of her time meditating, to control her blackouts, and not to attract so much attention.
        She has a optimistic view, rarely seen sad. She also has a very curious and energetic personality
        Appearance: She has medium length black hair, with streaks of white. She has one black eye and one blue eye. She wears a white shirt over a blue skirt, with a dragon emblem on her left chest. She has a anklet on her right ankle. Prefers to be barefooted.

Morality:True Neutral
        Last edited by Pandre; 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

@Katrix

How you described it, it just sounds as if void magic is only good for defense.

EDIT:

I'm also editing my application. Sometimes I say Jason instead of Azeruk.

That's a lot of text to comb through...
          Last edited by S121; 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@S121

It mainly used for defense (removing a blade coming for you), but you can also remove something more powerful things for some time if you are skilled enough (removing time).
            You can also remove a persons armor just as he is about to be attacked.

@Pandre

I have no idea about who Juvia Lockser is or how powerful she is.
            As for the power of the different types of magic, most types of magic (aside from Void) is pretty stable and doesn't require to much to control.
            Sure the character might be to weak to control her magic or something like that, but water magic ≠ raw magic. As for powers increasing, sure she can in a way feel that she gets more powerful because of emotions, but the power is there all along. The characters will become stronger once past a certain point in the story.
            Last edited by Katrix; 08-13-2013, 12:31 PM.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

So what Character are you planning on making?
              sigpic

Comment

@S121

As I have someone covering SYSTEM I have to guide you guys. If she can't take being the only SYSTEM spy and no one else create a SYSTEM character I may have to make a extra one.
                As for what type of character, I'm thinking of a Void mage partially scared of her magic because of a accident (people died).

Oh and before I forget again. Every character begins receiving memories at the same time. That is two years ago (because S121 was the first to specify a year).
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

You will NOT believe how angry I was when I lost my application the first time.

I was almost done with my application, but the page crashed and I lost everything!

All the stuff you see in my application had to be reconstructed from memory.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope this RP does not make the same mistakes as Aeterna and AtWaG did. Personally, I'd like a more serious RP to counter-act whatever AtWaG is going through. Good stories have many problems that need to be corrected, but sometimes there's a higher, overarching problem that takes the cake. I want to know why it's so dangerous for SYSTEM that some people remember this 'old world', because to me it seems like a few memories aren't going to tip the scale. Being reminded of a world filled with war and pestilence is not something I'd like, but then again, that's just me being pessimistic.

I'll think of joining sometime in the near future.

Comment

@Mario

Because any hint of losing power will make SYSTEM do everything they can to stop it. You might be right that it may not tip the scale, but in the eyes of SYSTEM this is something that MAY tip the scale.
                      Therefore it is a threat.

As for the mistakes the RP had, this is just a attempt to actually correct just that. If something does begin to go wrong I would like a clear message as soon as possible. Colors do not count as a problem I'm just fine with them.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Character’s name: Sofa

Sex: female

Character type: SYSTEM spy

Magic type: gravity magic

Weapons and starting gear: a bow, seven throwing knifes and a backpack with useful thing like flint and steel, a candle, a rope, night vision goggles, and since shes a little paranoid she also have poison in there.

Weakness: she have a serious fear for heights and the dark, she have really little experience with sword and is somewhere near never serious on whatever shes doing.

History and personality: Her father is a business man dealing mostly with mostly weapons, he also joined system to gain more power.
                        As her mother died while she was still young her father didn't get her any help, and she had to learn to take care of herself.
                        Upon the news of The Origin being activated the father learns her to hunt as he thinks it will be good to know how in the new world.

Before The Origin she was a selfish bitch that would only think about herself, but when The Origin was activated however she was introduced to the forest and she felt home for the first time. For a while she tried living by herself in the forest, forgot all of what she knew about manners, for a while. until her father came and offered her a job to protect the world they were living in.

Appearance: she have straight red hair that reaches her shoulders and green eyes. when it comes to clothes she mostly wears leather pants, a dark green shirt and hunting boots.

Morality: neutral chaotic

Comment

@Sofa
                          Good.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

Character’s name: Sidna

Sex: Female

Character type: Remembering person

Magic type: Void magic

Weapons and starting gear: Magic staff and sword. She keeps most of her stuff in the school.

Weakness: While she can deal with one person just fine she have problems dealing with big groups. She's also afraid her magic may go haywire.
                            She may not use her magic in some situation because of fright of her magic.

History and personality:
                            At the very moment it was discovered that she was a Void mage she was sent to a school to learn to control her magic. One of the main reasons for this was that void magic is the very last raw magic type left. Because of this 2/3 of the people hat gain it dies from it some time after.
                            The first day she got there the first thing she was told was to not use her magic on someone directly, but rather indirectly.
                            When she was sparring with someone later that day however she removed his hand for a little moment to get in a hit. The results was fatal. Her sparing partner died of blood loos a few hours later as she wasn't experienced enough to remove a body part correctly.

Since then she have been studying her magic to prevent the same thing happening again. Although there is not much known about magic she does know the a few things. So far she have been pretty successful and is able to remove pretty advanced stuff.

About two years ago however things have been getting worse again. She have been having weird memories of a place far different than what she was living in. After explaining it to some of her friends and teacher one of them said it sounded like a more advanced version of the capital where SYSTEM was located.
                            Her magic have also been getting stronger. Although she does have more training now the magic have been pushing her limits.

Now she is looking for a way to remove the memories as removing them with her magic does not work at all. She will go pretty far to do it, but is still not sure about leaving the school.

She is a person that does not like boredom and will do anything to escape it. Rules is another things she does not care about. You can't even keep count on how many times she have broken the school rules for void magic. If confronted in battle she will normally hold back unless she feels threatened as she fears her magic.

Appearance: Pretty much the same as Ariane from RS

Morality: Nautral Good
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

And IC is up. Not going to post now tough. Just say if there is any places you want me to add and I'll update the map.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

I think I'm going to start off in Endalausir Forest, or on the outskirts of it, in Azeruk's house.

Are there any towns near there? It's because I mentioned one in my character's bio and it would be odd if Jason traveled all the way to another area to get to a town.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X