X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@katrix
    Can we have an approximate scale of the map so that we know how long it should take to travel from one place to another? How will time be kept track of and how fast will it pass, it was pretty slow in aeterna...
    How many times can you die a day~?
    How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

@S121

Skógur town added. I think I'm going to wait a little to add the minor places to the map.

@Book
      I don't want to give a definite scale on the map. The map should give you an idea of where things are in he world, not how long distance there is between them.
      Just like old maps this one is not completely correct, but gives you an idea of how he world looks.
      I can say however that traveling from Mattur city to Hofn town on foot would take some time. Just don't race from one part of the world to another part in 5 minutes please. It will take at least a day. Ask me if you are not sure.

As for time, yes I do agree thet time was way to slow in Aeterna. Wandering around in the caves should have taken more than 5 minutes for example. I can't think of another way of doing it tough. I do however ask everyone to consider how much time the task they are doing will take.
      Last edited by Katrix; 08-14-2013, 07:29 AM.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

I would post now, but I would rather wait either for Katrix's approval or opening post.

Either way, I'm putting Frank on a house near the lake, and he goes to the shady town for marketing, his job, gambling, the like. It seemed closest to the lake.
        Last edited by wonderweiss; 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

All good. Just post
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

katrix, i have finished my character...can i post now
            Last edited by Pandre; 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Oh I didn't notice you changed it. Alright go ahead and post
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

@s121
                About your post...where did azeruk get a fridge/freezer? And he was testing and delivering the bow in the middle of the night?

Comment

@Book

Even in the old days they had freezers, or at least things that passed as them. The freezer I was talking about was the old icebox freezers, the ones that used ice as the cooling system. I believe they used spices in the medieval period, but there's a reason Azeruk has a freezer. Azeruk's family is a group of tinkerers, hence why they can create all these "advanced" contraptions, and why Azeruk has a freezer in his basement. They do a lot of blacksmithing, but they take it a step further and make more advanced parts out of metal, wood, etc. They then take those parts and make things like compound bows, clocks, and rapid-fire crossbows.

As for the other bit, fixed. I copy/pasted the time and altered it, but forgot to change the AM to PM.

@Katrix

Just as a reference, here's the basic shape of the bow.

Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

@S121

ok, I understand the freezer concept now, and a compound bow yay and you might want to account for the possibility of different arrowheads, e.g. barbed, armor piercing, they can have different ranges and capabilities

btw, do you take part in archery irl?

Comment

@Book

Nope. I try to do all my research as I RP.

It can get fairly stressful, but you actually learn a lot of stuff along the way.

I know about the other arrowheads, but I never actually took that into account. I'll be sure to try and work the arrows into the conversation when Azeruk tells Sidna about the various types.
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

So what's going on over at Myrkur? Haven't seen a post from there in a while
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

How much time would it take to get from the lake to Myrkur?

Comment

The town lies pretty much right beside the lake. Sidna have walked further then the distance between the lake and the town now.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

I assume it is going to take at least until late afternoon to traverse Blómlegt Forest. Is there a bridge or a marked crossing at the river between Blómlegt Forest and Myrkur?

Comment

I think I might have said it in a way that could get people to easily misunderstand it.
                                I don't want you to be bored because you can't post. What I want is that you keep the time more consistent. I'm completely fine with that you traverse a area a little bit faster than possible. What I don't want you to do is traversing vast areas of land in a little amount of time.

In Aeterna you guys made it to the cave about 9 am. Maybe two hours later you have washed yourself, battled, traversed the complex cave system, gotten help from locals, slept a bit, etc. It just feels like way to much in two hours, maybe you could devote a whole day just for that. At that rate the RP might last a week. I did not intend for this RP to last a week. I intended for this RP to maybe last years, doing big time skips when everyone was okay with it. For example traversing the big country Kaldur.

I do not mind a little fast traveling in the beginning, as long as you do not travel across the whole country in one day. And it's not Endalausir forest.

As for your question, I imagine it would be quite a popular place to cross so yea, I guess there is a bridge there.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X