X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Yeah, Windows 10

Ok, very simple indeed, what do you think about the new OS?

I think that the timing for the start of the system is pretty good, but is not ultra-fast (as Microsoft said).
    Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

No more default full screen apps is a plus. Having lived with win 8.1, I miss the Charms on the side. Love the multi desktop system (makes it easy to conceal windows...for reasons.)

Overall decent. Has room for improvement.

And lets be honest, no matter what they say, it takes time to get used to a new OS.

P.S. It fixed Bluetooth but borked my multi-touch mouse pad. Eh. Tis a fair tradeoff for me cause I was trying to get my headset working with my laptop.

Comment

If I upgrade to Windows 10, am I going to lose all of my stuff or does it transfer over?
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

If you're going from 8 or 8.1, it won't do anything other than your graphics driver needing to be reinstalled. If on 7, you might have to look it up, since I did it from 8.1 :3

Comment

I have to restore my laptop because of some sort of problem with the updates, I already went through the windows support webpages, but they all have the nuclear option of restoring the computer

So before doing that, I need to get an external drive (might take a day or two)
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I think it's quite good. Can still feel the transition of style in some places, and it does have room for improvement, but it's definitively good enough to leave ant other OS.

@Cucoo

Reinstall mousepad driver. Worked for my mom's laptop.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

It's not Windows XP HD edition or Windows 9.

That and I'm fine with Windows 7 until it becomes unsupported, so, I have no opinion.

Here, have an onion.

w-what is this autism aura??
              if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
              our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Too much botnet involved; that thing is literally Google on steroids.
                [says the guy who has an Android phone and uses Windows anyways]
                My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
                  Too much botnet involved
                  But wasn't Windows always a botnet field for the last couple of versions?
                  w-what is this autism aura??
                  if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                  our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
                    But wasn't Windows always a botnet field for the last couple of versions?
                    10 is it's final form. >10 was just leading up to it. You can't disable the Telemtry (reports "usage" and diagnostics information)(and well, you can disable it thru Registry tweaks, but it's the Registry; you change one thing and you break the entire hive) if you don't shell out more money for Enterprise edition, SearchUI (the thing that searches for stuff when you go to the start menu and start typing) sends (seemingly) every keystroke to MS for some reason, you can't turn off Windows Defender for some bizarre reason (well, you can, for probably like 10 minutes. WD gets renabled after some time "automatically"), there's also a bunch of misc information collectors within W10 (i.e it automatically sends samples of files when it needs "further analysis") that's all hidden away in some obscure menu that the average user doesn't know how to get to (hell, I don't even know how to get to it).

If that doesn't deter you, apparently W10 is corrupting hard drive partition styles from NTFS into RAW types. So RIP everything you had on your hard drive. At least there isn't any obvious and blatant "botnetty-data-harvesty"-ness in W7.

edit: 'course I'm only spreading FUD and it's up to you if you want to upgrade; most of this stuff has been confirmed to be enabled and doing whatever thru sites (particularly /g/, for obvious reasons), but there's no official or raw evidence that it's mining private information off your computer.
                    Last edited by Tenko; 08-03-2015, 11:01 AM.
                    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Well, I updated one of my pcs to Win10 and all the data, all the programs, all the files where in the exact same position I left them in Win8.1, everything worked smoothly, well, the only "change" I had was that Win10 added MSEdge automatically to my task bar, but other than that I had no issues with it.

Then I updated a friend's pc (Win7) to Win10 and it had no issues, I did a check on both machines, and there weren't any differences other than the OS, they were exactly the same as on their past versions, IT EVEN KEPT THE SCREENSAVER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

@ Katrix

oh derp, of course

waitamin

WHEN WAS THERE 3 FINGER GESTURES
                        HOLY DERP I CAN QUICKLY SWITCH DESKTOPS
                        ADSDFHSJKFDSALF OK ALL IS GOOD IN THE WORLD
                        THIS MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER
                        ERMAHGAH I CAN USE MAH PHONE AS A MOUSEPAD
                        HOW LONG HAS THAT BEEN HIDING THERE
                        EVERYTHING IS AWES-
                        -remote app not available on windows phone-

Comment

But did it keep the programs?

Comment

Indeed, everything was exactly the way I left it in Win8, it even updated some of the programs to the new version automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No, from Win 7

Comment

Working...
                              X