X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're moving to Discord

I'm sure quite a few of you have noticed that Mumble has been having quite some issues as of late. Due to this, and some other reasons, we have decided that we will be moving over to Discord, and shutting down the mumble server on the 14th of January. Not everything is currently set up, but it will be soon enough.

Here is an invite for those that want to join us there.
    https://discord.gg/fgDZapA

Remi Ninja Edit: here's an easier to remember url

http://amat.su/YCDiscord
    Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 01-01-2017, 12:45 AM.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

This happens just as Mumble has settled down finally ;-;

Oh well I'll try and get used to Discord

Comment

Originally posted by SUSTIC View Post
      This happens just as Mumble has settled down finally ;-;

Oh well I'll try and get used to Discord
      Mumble settled down but it's still experiencing severe instability. I've come on lately and it's basically a 50/50 chance of actually talking or being dropped every other minute.

Plus, I still prefer Mumble but Discord isn't that bad once you get used to the hand-holdy motherly setup that treats you like you have never handled a computer before and would just hate to see you do something wrong.

I'm surprised it doesn't replace "fuck" with "fun berries" or some shit, just to protect your feels. Regardless, it's a pretty good alternative and comes with the "we're not 3 years late anymore" credit.
      w-what is this autism aura??
      if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
      our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Honestly I don't see how Discord could work out for us. The fact that we have voice and text channels as separate, and that people are technically in all text channels simultaneously doesn't seem to fit well. Discord was made for small groups, not large communities.

Comment

At least Discord is better than using Skype

Comment

I've been using it in far bigger comminities than YC too and it's been working fine for me. Also, once Tenko is back we'll do a special thing where each voice channel gets it's own text channel that you can only see when you are in that voice channel. Relax everyone, we have been thinking about this for some time, and it's not just a thing we're doing on a whim.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Gonna admit. Going to miss the Mumble server when it's gone. I had probably some of the best memories on Mumble with everyone ^^

Though with all the shit that's happened during 2016 (with quite a few horrible experiences on my end with a ex-member of the forums and mumble among other things), I think it's time to start with a mostly clean server slate by switching over to Discord for 2017. I am aware we've had a discord server for a while now, so I am partially aware of the planning going into it.

So as much as I am hesitant about this and sad that Mumble is going to be closing it's YC doors, I'm going to try and enjoy Discord as much as possible.

Comment

I still don't see the point in getting rid of mumble. But on that note I'll have a regular income soon so i'll be able to open my own little mumble server for anyone that'sinterested

Comment

Tewi, you're kinda being stubborn and rude in your posts recently :-/

There is very clearly a reason why we're moving away from Mumble. 1) alex pays some $300-400 a year for that server. It's a huge cost. 2) it's been unstable as fuck for a LARGE number of people. It's not our configuration and the host itself is being funky and they're not being very good at responding to tickets

Personally, I also prefer discord because of its persistent chat (I'm not on mumble often) and I actually use discord often for the several other communities I'm in such as FFXIV and im@s.

Also like Katrix said, the size of our community is WAY smaller than the largest communities I'm also a part of. Community size is not an issue at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Remi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VL_5MX7z94

This stuff really needed to be said. Though I can't really say I've been well behaved either. Really stressed out because of work over the past week or two. And some individuals are really making my mood far worse.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

There's a difference between making a point respectfully and maturely and whining about it everywhere I look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All I said was I didn't understand why it needed to be shut down and that I was going to open my own mumble when i had a regular income. If Alex dosn't want to pay for it anymore then fin but there's no reason I can't host my own.

Comment

FFS, it's New Years Eve. Drop it and drink beer, both of you.

Comment

@Tewi
                            Go ahead and host your own server. No-one's stopping you.

@Kritter
                            idk if you're talking to me (most likely) but I wish I could drink! Meds, you see.
                            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X