Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let me get this straight: support isn't resolving/ can't resolve the issues with the server and there's a $300-400 yearly fee to keep it running.

If that's the case, this transition makes a ton of sense then.

Comment

Was directed at Tewi and Remi actually, but applies to everyone regardless. We can worry about details in 2017.

Comment

What do you mean you don't see the point of shutting it down. I just listed 2 VERY compelling reasons for shutting it down. It costs a fuckton and it's unstable. Do I need any other reason for shutting it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was speaking in past tense there. I said if he didn't want to pay it anymore then that was fine I can just open up my own server and pay for less slots sine we'll have less people and thus need less rooms.

Also the stability issue seems to have smoothed itself out but still. do whatever you want.

Comment

It clearly hadn't based on multiple people's reports ._.

Just because it works for you does NOT mean it works all fine and dandy for everyone else.

Comment

I'm not basing it on my personal experiances since it was never much of a problem for me to start with. Just look a few pages back at what sustic and gamer were saying about it being more stable
              Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 01-01-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tewi_Inaba View Post
                Just look a few pages back at what sustic and gamer were saying about it being more stable
                refer to:

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
                Mumble settled down but it's still experiencing severe instability. I've come on lately and it's basically a 50/50 chance of actually talking or being dropped every other minute.
                It's not actually smoothed out, it's just having periods of stability. Still a problem if stability can be categorized as periods and not the norm.
                w-what is this autism aura??
                if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

From what I've heard from people in mumble it sounds more like there are periods of instability with the stability being the norm. But then again I do't talk to everyone on mumble on a regular basis. Ż\_(:/)_/Ż

Comment

Closed. I think the points are well across. Lets all stop.

Comment

reopening the thread so people can still give their opinions.

Comment

Since Tewi reopened the thread, I would like to mention that we have a bot up and running on Discord: Patchouli a.k.a. Nadeko. Patchy can do a variety of actions including playing music for a voice channel, linking unique text channels to voice (for those of you who like the Mumble system), play games, instantly search and provide random images from a variety of galleries, and a whole horde of other features.
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Ok, I was pretty much off the grid since I was at my grandma's with the marvelous speed of 1mb of download and 0.2 of upload.

Anyways, I really don't know much of the difference between Mumble and Discord, and some of you people might have seen me appear and dissappear when try to get into Mumble. (Although that is more because of my laptop.)

I won't lie, Mumble has had problems, but that happens to anything related to Internet, nothing is perfect, that is probably the only reason related to technical stuff.

As for my personal reasons, I had the chance to speak with my fellow RP friends and had quite the times of crying of laughter while hearing our antics, be it by our jumbled mess of a Frankenstein monster we call RP Section, or our random talks from normal things of actual Roleplay to things so odd and weird that you need context to even decipher what the heck we are talking about (Sustic's "bandit" for example)

My only worries about the new place to chat isare the stability of the place itself and if any computer can log into Discord.
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
                            Well... Discord has a browser version (though I don't completely recommend it). And it's a lot less of hassle compared to Mumble. So that's your accessibility right there.
                            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Discord in my ~2 years of using it has been far easier, more accessible and stabler than Mumble flat out.

Comment

@Remi
                                Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X