X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuuka, as much as you want.

Sheng, Since the terrain will be changing quite a bit according to rumors, the edge of the 1.6 map will be cliffs, oceans, and overall very unstable/erradic terrain change.

Comment

Here's the problem with announcing something like this; you're gonna have people feel like their efforts from here on out will go to waste as far as survival goes, but that's mostly at the fault of the players themselves.

Guys, expect to have maps rendered obsolete after a few patches, or at least the patches where extreme terrain coding is messed with. On my old server we used the same map from alpha all the way to the initial release of the game, but that's only because we figured our builds were more important than the cliffs and fucked-up trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
        Sheng, Since the terrain will be changing quite a bit according to rumors, the edge of the 1.6 map will be cliffs, oceans, and overall very unstable/erradic terrain change.
        Yeah. What I mean is that 1.6 just came out, and even though 1.7 is a long time from now, everyone is already taking down their builds in preparation for the wipe. You probably won't see any new builds during the wait for the wipe, either. That's why a wipe sooner would be preferable, but if the next patch is a complete rework of the terrain generation engine, then there's no point in wiping now.

Comment

If we are going to have to reredo the map for 1.7 i would say just wait until then.

Although to be honest i would like the map to restart already. I agree with what Major said.

Comment

Is it possible to make your house in creative and then port it over to survival to not have the hassle of rebuilding all over again?

Comment

Originally posted by Yukkurirumia View Post
              Is it possible to make your house in creative and then port it over to survival to not have the hassle of rebuilding all over again?
              Remi has said before that there will be no porting to the new survival world.
              Originally posted by Mogeko
              Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
              Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
              Praise be to prosciutto.
              ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

-snip-
                Last edited by Bebatch; 02-16-2015, 03:59 AM.
                So with sadness in my heart
                I feel the best thing I could do
                is end it all and leave forever
                whats done is done, it feels so bad
                what once was happy now is sad
                I'll never love again
                my world is ending

Comment

I just want my restone tourches and the porchops.

I think it should be up to each invidual player.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Only reason I want linked inventories: House materials; those wool took a stupidly long time to collect without resorting to mass breeding sheep, I don't really mind about everything else really

Comment

I see where you're coming from, Bebatch, but the amount of time a lot of these players have put in individually and collectively is stunning. Though I will put the survival map up for download regardless, I think the least I can do for the players is give them a headstart with items. If users want a clean slate like yourself, they can obviously opt out of the inventory link by simply not utilizing it. However, for the others I think it's only fair that I do something to try and compensate for the loss of their builds.

Comment

-snip-
                        Last edited by Bebatch; 02-16-2015, 03:59 AM.
                        So with sadness in my heart
                        I feel the best thing I could do
                        is end it all and leave forever
                        whats done is done, it feels so bad
                        what once was happy now is sad
                        I'll never love again
                        my world is ending

Comment

Er... Who did you hear that from? ^^; I haven't had plans for a hardcore in a long time.

Comment

Would waiting till 1.7 give you less work to do (and maybe less downtime)?

Comment

Working...
                            X