X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
    ...First of all, is not a Hardcore survival, is a contest were you must kill everybody to win, so is not like you are going to spend 10 years surviving, is just like 3-5 hours or so...
    Wait, so... just to set things straight in my unorganised brain, this is like... *thinking of stuff* survival (build a small hut and/or defences) + hunger games (KiLl EverYOnE!) sort of thing?
    Originally posted by Mogeko
    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
    Praise be to prosciutto.
    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

YukkuriCraft Ultra HardCore

Exactly

Basicly, u get all the resources to beat the crap out of the other contestants

Actually, if we get a good number of contestants I might introduce the Teams Mechanic.
      Last edited by nickmaster00; 11-06-2014, 10:46 PM.
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Right, here's what I have to say about UHC (as Nick failed to explain it well and caused some confusion).

A UHC is a PvP event very similar to the Hunger Games. It is designed and managed in a way so that the event will only last a couple of hours. Not a whole week. It's not a hardcore survival. It is essentially Hunger Games with no health regen, no random map loot (only world gen), and more survival aspects. The goal is to kill, not survive. Any other objective is merely secondary.

The UHC can either be set-up in two ways:
        • It can be put into a separate, randomised UHC world/server of boundaries -1000 to 1000 (in both x and z) where naturalRegeneration = false and the command /spreadplayers is used once the game begins.
          This is the vanilla way and the method which Mindcrack now uses.

Ideally, you'll want to use /spreadplayers 0 0 300 950 true @a[r=100,m=0] for the beginning of UHC in order to distribute players across the 2000x2000 map. The 300 is arbitrary as it is the distance between players/teams but keep it a modest number so players won't kill immediately (or do!). The radius and mode arguments are only in place so that only the players present in the immediate area, the participants, will only get teleported. Don't want innocent people or mods to be affected.

• One may use a special plugin for UHC where health regeneration is disabled, ghasts drop gold, the golden apple recipe is changed, and various other UHC related tweaks are put in place. More info on the plugin can be found here, if staff voice interest in this plugin.
          This is the traditional but modified way to do a UHC and was used by Mindcrack prior to 1.6. Albeit, not with this exact plugin.

Furthermore, this is the method which Nick is petitioning to use (and the one that he is detailing). This method requires a seperate server due to the presence of a new plugin and I doubt we would want a game-changing plugin present on Yukkuricraft's main server if we don't know how to control it. I, myself, would rahter opt for the vanilla route. While the extra bells and whistles of the traditional plugin are nice, let's just say that it makes the game and set-up more complicated than necessary.

UHC can be set-up as a team PvP or as a solo PvP. Either setup is fine but if the UHC is set-up as solo, DO NOT team up with other players with the intent of winning together. So, if Katrix and I found each other in a UHC, we may not team. We may speak and taunt to one another but we must kill each other. Players found illegally teaming in a solo UHC will be forced to kill each other. No other punishments should be made against the offending players.

It is customary for most UHCs to have player health displayed on the player list (press tab). This feature is optional and non-compulsory. If one believes that revealing player health is unfair, it can be kept hidden. For the vanilla method of making a UHC, it is recommended to use the command /scoreboard objectives setdisplay list health to display health.

Should there only be two or so players left standing in a UHC, players may declare their coordinates for a sudden death. This is in order to finish the UHC quickly and not to drag it out for too long.

Griefing and other harmful actions are fine (except hacking, exploiting, or extremely unfair play). This is a brutal PvP. While theft and other harmful acts may piss players off, it is the way of UHC. Everything is free game. Even your life.

Hardcore mode should NOT be enabled in the UHC server/world. Once a player dies, they should leave the game manually. This is to prevent people from being kicked due to deaths outside of UHC (starvation) or due to ruling-breaking circumstances like death by hacker.

Moderation of a UHC is only necessary should anything go wrong (like server/game breaking or commands not working) or if someone is accused of breaking a rule of UHC (yes, there are rules) or traditional PvP Minecraft. Mods shouldn't interfere with gameplay unless a player is accused of breaking the flow of the UHC. If you see a burning wreckage, don't go banning. It's fine. But if you see a man one-hit kill another man with low-tier goods or if you catch a man x-raying, then by all-means investigate them.

Players banned from Yukkuricraft cannot play. Simple as that. Even if the player was banned for PvP. *cough cough*

Nick's YouTube-sniping rule is rather bull. Almost all UHCs are done in one sitting and, if multiple sittings are necessary, players should only upload their footage AFTER all of the UHC is done.

If you're still uncertain on how a UHC plays or how it works, I suggest you consult Mindcrack's UHC series. They have done 18 (+1) seasons of UHC thus far. Here is a link to one perspective of Mindcrack UHC 10. A basic Mindcrack UHC that uses 3-man teams (a partial cliché in Mindcrack UHC) with no alternate objectives or catches. Note that this UHC is set before 1.7 and uses the traditional UHC plugin.

Any questions regarding UHC in general should be directed to me or any confirmed UHC viewer/player over Nick. Not hating on Nick but he ain't the best explainer.

Overall, I think it's a good idea for those itching for some hardcore PvP but not in the traditional sense. It's just a shame that Nick explained it very badly and that only Redleaf understood what Nick was getting at (because he's aware of Mindcrack UHC).

Also, you may bump my explanation to the OP or to the OP of a UHC thread, if necessary.
        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 11-07-2014, 10:38 AM.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Emm, yes... Exactly
          (I'm not the best explainer, English isn't my native language) #Derp
          Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Emm little question:
            Does YC have an official logo? cuz I need to check that first before I can design the Spawn Area.

(Sry for double posting)

Comment

Im in~ every team needs one badass sniper
              https://youtu.be/pkox8x1LxQ4

Comment

Totally won't cheat ;3

Comment

UHC Specs
                  ===0===

Good Whatever, Yukkuris

Here is your bootyful and reliable friend nickmaster00.
                  I am here to tell you how UHC is going to work, and how are we going to play it.

First of all, is going to have 16 contestants, and 1 Moderator.

We are going to implement Teams Mechanic,
                  Teams are going to have 4 members each, and they are going to be:

1. Kappa
                  2. Vampire
                  3. Fairy
                  4. Oni

Teams are going to be decided by a randomizer when we start the competition.
                  For the server itself:

1. Player's Health is going to be displayed in the Tab-List
                  2. Is going to be a 1500x1500 Minecraft generated Map.
                  3. Timer, sessions are going to be 30 mins long.
                  4. UHC MindCrack's Box is going to be used for all the Control of the server LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GctoXj_BNqY

These is how our UHC is going to work, if u have any doubts, suggestions, etc. Pls contact me or TRXD (or simply post here)

-Nick
                  Yama of Paradise

Comment

(Took me a while to find this post.)

YC UHC IS NOT DEAD
                    I have been working on it for quite a while, to understand it a little bit better and get to a point where the game turns into a Fancy Real UHC. So, first of all, I inquire you to post here if you are interested in playing this Event, regardless of rank, so I hope you like this idea, I know some people already told me, but please re-post here or PM me.

-Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X