Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary for the 86th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 02/20/2021:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Kappa Village got worked on. Particularly the shopping district located in the lower half of the village. Before the bottom half of the village was split into 3 different sections. The larger houses, the shopping district, and the factory area. Well it has been changed to only encompass the larger houses (and some small ones) and the shopping district. It was decided that the area below needed more breathing room so the factory area will be near/in the Kappa Mines. So before the building meeting time was spent working on more plots for shops and working on the interior of the shops that have already been made.

In this building meeting I gave the community the choice to either work on Voile again (since I do want us to work on builds that are still in a state of "barely started WIP") or Kappa Village. And with a vote it was decided we'd work on Kappa Village again.

Before we started on Kappa Village again Nuclear showed off rooms in the SDM that got updated since he didn't like how they turned out before, those just need to be pasted into NeoGensokyo.

Iku also showed a concept for the Kappa Mines he made with WE. It's similar to the upcoming 1.17 update caves.

And finally Purp went down a list of things that needed to be done for the village. Some of the things listed were:
    • Adding industrial-esque lighting to the top of the cave
    • Cleaning up some of the cave terraforming
    • Making more shops
    • Doing interiors for some of the empty builds
    • Making more ways to get to the bottom level via minecarts and elevators
    For now we decided to start laying down the roads for the expanded district. The roads are inspired by streets in Gujo/Hida (2 towns in Gifu prefecture). Here's a couple of references for them. (A , B , C).One of the things that Purp wanted more of was just water in the build. Since the things the Kappa make are powered by it. So in came the idea of the small street canals.

With that idea, for the rest of the building meeting we started working on those roads, terraforming along the way. There is much to report on after that other than talking about BELK.

List of builds confirmed for the trailer:
    • Hakurei Shrine (of course)
    • Bits of the Forest of Magic
    • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
    • The Human Village
    • The SDM
    • Voile's Hisoutensoku Fighting Stage
    • Aki Farm
    • Youkai Mountain
    • The Toad Pond
    • ShikiEiki's Court
    • Eientei
    • Ancient City
    • Spring Path
    • Canal of Willows
    • The Floor of Chireiden (lol)

Parts of the trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Katrix is trying her best to edit it with her busy schedule, and we have to make sure we have everything for the credits. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on March 6th, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 87th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/06/2021:
      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
      Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
      Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Kappa Village got worked on. Particularly the shopping district located in the lower half of the village. A café was added and some more small terraforming occurred. Katrix also made lots of progress on editing the Trailer. I would say we're at the final stretch. We're currently gathering information for the credits. Speaking of credits.

If you have ever worked on (or think you worked on) Gensokyo 3 then please check this list to see if you have been properly credited for your work on the builds listed in this document.

Link to the contributors list.

If you see anything that should or shouldn't be there, then please PM me the correction. Along with that, please do not PM me and lie that you have worked on a build when you haven't. I will find out the truth if you are.

In this building meeting I went over the contributors list linked above, to make sure I had all of the people who showed up today written down. After that we dove back into Kappa Village. Starting where we left off we started building in the shopping district. More apartment buildings began construction, a barber shop, and a bar was made. I started on a bathhouse inspired by Yubaba's bathhouse from Spirited Away (also Yubaba's bathhouse was the building that inspired the aesthetic of Kappa Village). We continued building until naturally things started to settle down and people had to go due to having other obligations later in the day.

So naturally the building meeting came to an end after 3 hours.
      • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
      • The Human Village
      • The SDM
      • Aki Farm
      • Youkai Mountain
      • The Toad Pond
      • ShikiEiki's Court
      • Eientei
      • Ancient City
      • Spring Path
      • Canal of Willows

The trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Katrix, Remi, and I are trying our best to get everything we need to work on the credits it with our different schedules. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on March 20th, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 88th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/20/2021:
        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Kappa Village got worked on. Particularly the shopping district located in the lower half of the village. Iku added more building outlines on top of the buildings that were already. Mainly to add more vertical height to that part of the village. Along with that he also added more lights in the area.

In this building meeting we added more buildings in the outlines Iku made. Such as a Ramen shop. Purp also worked on Kapple (an apple store in the KV lol). A bank started to be worked on. And I continued to work on the Kappa Bathhouse, that is inspired by Yubaba's Bathhouse from spirited away.

With that said we continued for about 3 and a half hours until we decided to call it a day.

If you have ever worked on (or think you worked on) Gensokyo 3 then please check this list to see if you have been properly credited for your work on the builds listed in this document.

If you see anything that should or shouldn't be there, then please PM me the correction. Along with that, please do not PM me and lie that you have worked on a build when you haven't. I will find out the truth if you are.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
        • The Human Village
        • The SDM
        • Aki Farm
        • Youkai Mountain
        • The Toad Pond
        • ShikiEiki's Court
        • Eientei
        • Ancient City
        • Spring Path
        • Canal of Willows

The trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Katrix, Remi, and I are trying our best to get everything we need to work on the credits it with our different schedules. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on April 3rd, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 89th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/03/2021:
          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting and the last one we discussed lighting up the Fantastic Blowhole in NeoGenso since it is really dark with certain shaders.

In this building meeting we were a couple of people short so we decided to work on lighting up the Fantastic Blowhole. We discussed different methods on lighting it up. In the end however, we settled on using Torches/Lanterns with skulls placed around it to give a tiny bit of environmental story telling. (Maybe some humans went down there long ago and died in the process). We also added hidden lighting behind cobwebs in the cave ceiling. Naturally the further you go down the cave the closer you get to Yamame so we took advantage of the cover the cobwebs offered.

After we lit up the cave enough for it to be dark but still navigate-able, we went to Kappa Village and worked on anything we have unfinished. And since this building meeting didn't have many people attending I decided to relax on the rule of "no decorating furnishing interiors" so some people decorated shops/houses. I also continued work on the bathhouse.

Other than that it was a small building meeting but we still got things done. I had to leave a little earlier than what I would have liked so we built for about 2 hours and 30 mins.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
          • The Human Village
          • The SDM
          • Aki Farm
          • Youkai Mountain
          • The Toad Pond
          • ShikiEiki's Court
          • Eientei
          • Ancient City
          • Spring Path
          • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on April 17th, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 90th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/17/2021:
            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting and the last one we continued work on Kappa Village. Particularly furnishing the interiors we've built during building meetings.

In this building meeting we had some faces that haven't been in a building meeting in a while so we decided to go over the plan for the shopping district of the Village, to get everyone on the same track. With that refresher said we continued work on any empty plots. Making buildings and thinking of new things we can add. We decided to add a small Bakery next to the "school" we also added a Library above the Clinic. Those were not built today but they will be in the future.

What was built or continued being built was an Arcade that Redleaf made, the bank that Nick made was also being worked on again. As well as the bathhouse. However the Bathhouse started getting too big and so I had to down scale it a bit. And it was for the best because it became too weird due to all of the other buildings in the shopping district being quite small.

With that said we continued work for around 3 and a half hours until we decided that we made enough progress to stop for now. Thus the building meeting ended.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
            • The Human Village
            • The SDM
            • Aki Farm
            • Youkai Mountain
            • The Toad Pond
            • ShikiEiki's Court
            • Eientei
            • Ancient City
            • Spring Path
            • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on May 1st, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 91st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/01/2021:
              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting and the last one we continued work on Kappa Village. Particularly furnishing the interiors we've built during building meetings.

In this building meeting we had another quick rundown of what needs to be done for the village. Interior wise we need to furnish the upstairs living area of the shops in the shopping plaza. We also need to build more exteriors for the shopping district. Some examples being the library, clinic, bakery, and the "school". So after the quick reminder we set off to work. Once again I worked on Not-Yubaba's-Bathhouse. Birb added a roof to the Arcade. Benji edited the Taco Bell so it fits more with the rest of the builds around it.

With that said we continued work for around 2 hours until we got quickly side tracked. Thus the building meeting ended.

For the next building meeting I'll be doing a crash course with building exteriors again since it seems to be a thing that people struggle with a lot.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
              • The Human Village
              • The SDM
              • Aki Farm
              • Youkai Mountain
              • The Toad Pond
              • ShikiEiki's Court
              • Eientei
              • Ancient City
              • Spring Path
              • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on May 15th, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 92nd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/15/2021:
                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In this building meeting I went over ways to build exteriors. We started off by visiting the basic exterior tutorial site I made when we started work on the Human Village. Even though it was an old tutorial, it held up decently to look over again. In that tutorial area I went over the basics of making a grid to make sure you have good measurements. I also went over types of Japanese roofs in this area due to Genoskyo being ultimately Japanese in most of it's builds. I covered the ways of adding more depth/detail to flat/plain looking walls. Adding depth with the type of blocks you use for the walls or pushing windows out to make a sort of alcove. Adding detail as in adding things like vines, leaves, and flowerbeds etc. etc. With detail, even if your walls are flat/plain there's still something there to cover that up.

We also looked at examples of buildings. Iku had his building that he made by just creating stairs leading up to platforms and building around that. Nick showed more Japanese styled roofs at the Myouren building site. We also took a look at the SDM3 to learn about silhouettes with building. Another thing to think about when building exteriors is to take a step back and look at the silhouette of the build. A strong silhouette can help even the most basic builds, however if a build is large (like the sdm) it needs a good silhouette.

With the tutorial and example we went to try out the things we went over in Kappa Village. Together we built the exterior of the building that will serve as a clinic on the ground floor and a library on the 1st floor. By the time we were done most people who struggled with exteriors felt a little more confident with taking on making buildings.

And with that the 92nd building meeting came to an end.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                • The Human Village
                • The SDM
                • Aki Farm
                • Youkai Mountain
                • The Toad Pond
                • ShikiEiki's Court
                • Eientei
                • Ancient City
                • Spring Path
                • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on June 5th, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 93rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 06/05/2021:
                  *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting and the last one, we had a building bash last Saturday. We took a day to work on anything Gensokyo related and had a good time.

In this building meeting we looked at Nick's and Righto's mini model of the SDM basement. So far there will be 3 tiers to the basement. The first and highest tier will hold things like a storage, a boiler room, etc etc. The second tier will be the stairs into a cave like maze. And the final and lowest tier will be the cave maze into Flan's room. These things are still a WIP and can be changed in the future. We also discussed how Flan's room shouldn't look like a dungeon like her room in Gensokyo 2. As Flandre is a little girl, her room should be cozy and reflect that she is just a child.

We also discussed the SDM being located on an island in the middle of the Misty Lake. However, we most likely won't be doing that in Genso3 due to the fact that the SDM along with the garden and trees that surround it takes up a lot of space. Therefore we would have to make the Misty Lake even bigger so it doesn't resemble a moat around the mansion. Along with that we'd have to push the surrounding builds further out, making Genso3 too spacious. We want breathing room between the builds but not too much breathing room.

After we discussed that we went to the Kappa Village to catch up anyone who wasn't around for the building bash on the progress we made. During the building bash we re-worked the road leading to the canal, we also constructed the buildings along the canal. We did more of the same in this building meeting. However following the new rules during building meetings, we stuck to doing exteriors only.

We worked for around 3 1/2 hours until we eventually got tired and called it a day.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                  • The Human Village
                  • The SDM
                  • Aki Farm
                  • Youkai Mountain
                  • The Toad Pond
                  • ShikiEiki's Court
                  • Eientei
                  • Ancient City
                  • Spring Path
                  • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on June 19th, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 94th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 06/19/2021:
                    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting and the last one, we had a small building session on the 9th of June where we continued work on the lower shopping district (the canal area). Where we built more shops and apartments for the Kappas and furnished some empty buildings. Other than that day the School and bakery was built as well as more shops in the lower shopping district.

In this building meeting we went over all new additions and then discussed the things that needed to be work on. Such things were the hanging lights in the shopping district, the Hotel needed to be worked on, and the train station to the mines needed to be made as well. The Bathhouse was also untouched for a while and needed to be work on. We also needed more room above to terraform in the lower shopping district so we had to move the area (the place where the hotel will go) above it up a couple of blocks.

So with this list of things we set to work. We worked for around 3 or so hours until we eventually got tired and called it a day.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                    • The Human Village
                    • The SDM
                    • Aki Farm
                    • Youkai Mountain
                    • The Toad Pond
                    • ShikiEiki's Court
                    • Eientei
                    • Ancient City
                    • Spring Path
                    • Canal of Willows

The trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. We're in the final stages of editing it so in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on July 3rd, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 95th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 07/03/2021:
                      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting and the last one, we had another small building session on the 29th of June where we continued to work on builds in the Kappa Village. Some work on the Bathhouse was started, and a secret area was also constructed.

In this building meeting we were missing one of the leads Purp, but thankfully she gave us something to work on. We had a choice on either working on the "train" station or the Hotel. Considering we would rather have purp around to plan the the rail track we decided to hold off on working on that and decided to work on the Hotel.
                      We first started by making the general shape of the build and gradually went from working on the height to the color palette choices. We eventually had a long discussion on which colors to use and how to use them but in the end we decided to have a gradient from one color to another the higher you went. By the time we figured everything we still weren't sure if we were satisfied with the build so we decided to end things there.

We worked for around 3 or so hours until we eventually got tired and called it a day.
                      • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                      • The Human Village
                      • The SDM
                      • Aki Farm
                      • Youkai Mountain
                      • The Toad Pond
                      • ShikiEiki's Court
                      • Eientei
                      • Ancient City
                      • Spring Path
                      • Canal of Willows

The trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. We're in the final stages of editing it so in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on July 17th, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 96th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 07/17/2021:
                        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting Yukkuricraft updated from 1.15 to 1.16.5. So naturally most of the days during the break was spent exploring the new nether content. There were some things worked on like Kappa Village and concepts for the city in the Animal Realm.

In this building meeting we decided to go back to older gensokyo builds and update them with the new blocks. The secret location in the Kappa Village was also worked on today as well as the Bath House. The hotel we worked on the last meeting wasn't worked on today since one of the people who was heavily involved in it was running late. So we decided to just leave it be for now. Other than that it was the standard building meeting.

We worked for around 3 or so hours until we eventually got tired and called it a day.
                        • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                        • The Human Village
                        • The SDM
                        • Aki Farm
                        • Youkai Mountain
                        • The Toad Pond
                        • ShikiEiki's Court
                        • Eientei
                        • Ancient City
                        • Spring Path
                        • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on August 7th, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 97th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 08/07/2021:
                          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting we (to no one's surprise) continued work on Kappa Village. Progress to the Bathhouse and the secret area was made, furnishing for empty buildings was also completed.

In today's build meeting we looked at the re-built house of Rumia in NeoGenso. Redleaf, Purp and Mori re-made her house utilizing the new 1.16 blocks. For those who didn't know Rumia's house used to be a little hole underground and was quite hard to find in NeoGenso. Therefore it was remade to be more noticeable and to give her a proper home, because her old one felt a little like a meme.

After that we headed back to Kappa Village where Redleaf also showed off his finished Book store in the lower shopping district in Kappa Village near the canal. Once we finished looking at the newest builds we decided to split into 3 separate groups. Group A worked on the trains for the train station. Group B worked on terraforming the area the train station would go. And Group C continued the construction of the hotel we left as a WIP in a past build meeting.

It was a pretty productive meeting that lasted the usual 3 hours 1/2, before we all called it quits.
                          • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
                          • The Human Village
                          • The SDM
                          • Aki Farm
                          • Youkai Mountain
                          • The Toad Pond
                          • ShikiEiki's Court
                          • Eientei
                          • Ancient City
                          • Spring Path
                          • Canal of Willows

The trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Editing is complete we are now trying to find the best date to post it. \o/

Next building meeting is on August 21st, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 98th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 08/28/2021:
                            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting we finally showcased the trailer we've spent so much time on! Thank you again to anyone who has worked on Genso 3. You're the reason that this has happened! I'll link the trailer below check it out! Other than that work for the Kappa Village continued.

In today's building meeting we look at Benji's train station design he made. We all liked it so we ported it in. After that we had to terraform the land around the train station to make it fit in better. As we continued to terraformed, we worked on the bridge that loops back into the bigger houses in the lower section of Kappa Village. As we worked on connecting the bridge to that area we terraformed along the way.

Purp went around the lower shopping district and filled in any empty areas with plots. I continued on the bathhouse. The first floor is slowly coming together. Once I finish with the first floor I will continue to the next.

Finally around the time things were slowing down Purp noticed there was one empty room in the larger houses in the lower section of the village so Purp and I quickly filled that in with gadgets that fit it's theme.

And then finally, the building meeting came to a close! \o/

The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on September 4th, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 99th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 09/04/2021:
                              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting we continued work on Kappa Village. Purp plotted down more places for potential buildings to go in empty areas in the village.

In today's building meeting we examined one of the plots near the train station. We didn't know what kind of building it could be so for the time being we removed it for the time being. Mori did recommend a "tool shop" so it was decided that one would go near the train station and hotel. In the meantime Iku was building the tunnel where the tram would go through. I also worked on a Pawn shop. I made a Pawn Shop due to a path just death ending with nothing nearby. Other than that we just vibed and worked on builds. Nothing too notable happened this meeting.

After about 3 hours of building, the building meeting came to a close! \o/

The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on September 18th, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Summary for the 100th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 09/18/2021:
                                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This building meeting marks the 100th one we've had since we started in January of 2017! \o/ Thank you to everyone who made this possible!

In today's building meeting Kappa Village was given tweaks to it's design. And we also got to play with invisible item frames. And normally we try not to work on interior decorations (think of furnishing houses), but due to Kappa Village being worked on for so long, it was decided interiors would be worked on during this build meeting to help speed up the process of this build.
                                We kept up with this until we eventually lost steam and called it a day.

So after about 3 hours of building, the building meeting came to a close! \o/

Next building meeting is on October 2nd, 2021 4pm EDT.

Comment

Working...
                                X