Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary for the 86th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 02/20/2021:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Kappa Village got worked on. Particularly the shopping district located in the lower half of the village. Before the bottom half of the village was split into 3 different sections. The larger houses, the shopping district, and the factory area. Well it has been changed to only encompass the larger houses (and some small ones) and the shopping district. It was decided that the area below needed more breathing room so the factory area will be near/in the Kappa Mines. So before the building meeting time was spent working on more plots for shops and working on the interior of the shops that have already been made.

In this building meeting I gave the community the choice to either work on Voile again (since I do want us to work on builds that are still in a state of "barely started WIP") or Kappa Village. And with a vote it was decided we'd work on Kappa Village again.

Before we started on Kappa Village again Nuclear showed off rooms in the SDM that got updated since he didn't like how they turned out before, those just need to be pasted into NeoGensokyo.

Iku also showed a concept for the Kappa Mines he made with WE. It's similar to the upcoming 1.17 update caves.

And finally Purp went down a list of things that needed to be done for the village. Some of the things listed were:
    • Adding industrial-esque lighting to the top of the cave
    • Cleaning up some of the cave terraforming
    • Making more shops
    • Doing interiors for some of the empty builds
    • Making more ways to get to the bottom level via minecarts and elevators
    For now we decided to start laying down the roads for the expanded district. The roads are inspired by streets in Gujo/Hida (2 towns in Gifu prefecture). Here's a couple of references for them. (A , B , C).One of the things that Purp wanted more of was just water in the build. Since the things the Kappa make are powered by it. So in came the idea of the small street canals.

With that idea, for the rest of the building meeting we started working on those roads, terraforming along the way. There is much to report on after that other than talking about BELK.

List of builds confirmed for the trailer:
    • Hakurei Shrine (of course)
    • Bits of the Forest of Magic
    • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
    • The Human Village
    • The SDM
    • Voile's Hisoutensoku Fighting Stage
    • Aki Farm
    • Youkai Mountain
    • The Toad Pond
    • ShikiEiki's Court
    • Eientei
    • Ancient City
    • Spring Path
    • Canal of Willows
    • The Floor of Chireiden (lol)

Parts of the trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Katrix is trying her best to edit it with her busy schedule, and we have to make sure we have everything for the credits. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on March 6th, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 87th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/06/2021:
      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
      Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
      Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Kappa Village got worked on. Particularly the shopping district located in the lower half of the village. A café was added and some more small terraforming occurred. Katrix also made lots of progress on editing the Trailer. I would say we're at the final stretch. We're currently gathering information for the credits. Speaking of credits.

If you have ever worked on (or think you worked on) Gensokyo 3 then please check this list to see if you have been properly credited for your work on the builds listed in this document.

Link to the contributors list.

If you see anything that should or shouldn't be there, then please PM me the correction. Along with that, please do not PM me and lie that you have worked on a build when you haven't. I will find out the truth if you are.

In this building meeting I went over the contributors list linked above, to make sure I had all of the people who showed up today written down. After that we dove back into Kappa Village. Starting where we left off we started building in the shopping district. More apartment buildings began construction, a barber shop, and a bar was made. I started on a bathhouse inspired by Yubaba's bathhouse from Spirited Away (also Yubaba's bathhouse was the building that inspired the aesthetic of Kappa Village). We continued building until naturally things started to settle down and people had to go due to having other obligations later in the day.

So naturally the building meeting came to an end after 3 hours.
      • Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
      • The Human Village
      • The SDM
      • Aki Farm
      • Youkai Mountain
      • The Toad Pond
      • ShikiEiki's Court
      • Eientei
      • Ancient City
      • Spring Path
      • Canal of Willows

The trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Katrix, Remi, and I are trying our best to get everything we need to work on the credits it with our different schedules. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on March 20th, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 88th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/20/2021:
        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

During the days between the last building meeting and this one, Kappa Village got worked on. Particularly the shopping district located in the lower half of the village. Iku added more building outlines on top of the buildings that were already. Mainly to add more vertical height to that part of the village. Along with that he also added more lights in the area.

In this building meeting we added more buildings in the outlines Iku made. Such as a Ramen shop. Purp also worked on Kapple (an apple store in the KV lol). A bank started to be worked on. And I continued to work on the Kappa Bathhouse, that is inspired by Yubaba's Bathhouse from spirited away.

With that said we continued for about 3 and a half hours until we decided to call it a day.

If you have ever worked on (or think you worked on) Gensokyo 3 then please check this list to see if you have been properly credited for your work on the builds listed in this document.

If you see anything that should or shouldn't be there, then please PM me the correction. Along with that, please do not PM me and lie that you have worked on a build when you haven't. I will find out the truth if you are.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
        • The Human Village
        • The SDM
        • Aki Farm
        • Youkai Mountain
        • The Toad Pond
        • ShikiEiki's Court
        • Eientei
        • Ancient City
        • Spring Path
        • Canal of Willows

The trailer has been filmed. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Katrix, Remi, and I are trying our best to get everything we need to work on the credits it with our different schedules. So in the meantime wait warmly. \o/

Next building meeting is on April 3rd, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 89th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/03/2021:
          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In the days between this building meeting and the last one we discussed lighting up the Fantastic Blowhole in NeoGenso since it is really dark with certain shaders.

In this building meeting we were a couple of people short so we decided to work on lighting up the Fantastic Blowhole. We discussed different methods on lighting it up. In the end however, we settled on using Torches/Lanterns with skulls placed around it to give a tiny bit of environmental story telling. (Maybe some humans went down there long ago and died in the process). We also added hidden lighting behind cobwebs in the cave ceiling. Naturally the further you go down the cave the closer you get to Yamame so we took advantage of the cover the cobwebs offered.

After we lit up the cave enough for it to be dark but still navigate-able, we went to Kappa Village and worked on anything we have unfinished. And since this building meeting didn't have many people attending I decided to relax on the rule of "no decorating furnishing interiors" so some people decorated shops/houses. I also continued work on the bathhouse.

Other than that it was a small building meeting but we still got things done. I had to leave a little earlier than what I would have liked so we built for about 2 hours and 30 mins.

• Marisa/Alice/Kourindou
          • The Human Village
          • The SDM
          • Aki Farm
          • Youkai Mountain
          • The Toad Pond
          • ShikiEiki's Court
          • Eientei
          • Ancient City
          • Spring Path
          • Canal of Willows

Next building meeting is on April 17th, 2021 4pm EST.

Comment

Working...
          X