Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary for the 101th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 10/02/2021:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

So we began with some Halloween shenanigans, everyone had super cute costumes ehehehe

We continued our push to finish up Lower Residential, lots of buildings were filled in. It's 99% done, it can probably be finished either by next build meeting, or within the first hour or so. Additionally, Iku and Nick added some tunnels/infrastructure/tunnels/ in preparation of expanding the tram. Perhaps we can focus there next build meeting? Iku mentioned finalizing the tram design so yeah.

We built for around 4 hours before the build meeting came to a close! \o<o/
    The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting Koko bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on October 16th, 2021 4pm EDT.
    o<o

Comment

Summary for the 102nd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 10/16/2021:
      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
      Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
      Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

We began with some introductions since we had some new helpers on board, and we showed off the school interior that I, Nick, and Alorai worked on, as well as the tram station + Kappa Mines entrance chamber that I, Nick, Skup, and Luna had been working on.

After that, we finished all interior work in the lower residential district (hopefully, god willing) and worked on some terraforming leading up to the mines to make the lower residential area look less like a box. We also removed the hotel in favor of building a town hall in its place, and we moved up the terrain it was to be built on so we could further terraform the cave the lower residential district is built in.

Birb and I could only stay for 2 hours, but there's a nonzero chance the build meeting lasted longer.
      The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting Koko bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on November 6th, 2021 4pm EDT.

im not a cool person

Comment

Summary for the 103rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 11/6/2021:
        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

The Big Terraform started today. The roof of the lower residential area in KV has been raised by around 6 blocks at the highest point, and the rest of the tunnel has been mostly adjusted accordingly. Because of funny voxel shenanigans with doing so, a stand and part of the terrain that surrounded it was destroyed beyond repair near the back of the shopping district on the left side of the city hall platform (great time to mention that undoing with voxel is still broken), which resulted in us having to wipe that area clean and make plans to rebuild something else in its place.

The build meeting lasted around 2 and a half hours! \o/

Next building meeting is on November 20th, 2021 4pm EDT.

im not a cool person

Comment

Summary for the 104th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 11/20/2021:
          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In this building meeting Birb and Purp had to leave a little early, however before they left everyone worked on a bullet point list of what could be done between and during the building meeting(s).

The things on the to do list were to:
          • Rough up the cave pillars
          • Find things to place in the designated areas marked with sea lanterns
          • Putting machinery in the place with the Kappa mines entrance
          • Finishing the town hall
          • Finishing the astalfo room
          • Add stands on the board walk if it was expanded
          • Finish the basement of a house wriggle made
          • Finish the tunnel that goes under the town hall
          • Stock the building by the tunnel
          • Fill in the space by the tunnel
          • Figure how we should get locks to the surface to work

There were also a couple of notes on what could be done to make the place feel more alive, and the solution to that was to add more greenery to the lower level of the Kappa Village.

After all that was planned we got to work. Muranue made lamps by the food court, Nick started working on the facade of the town hall, Benji decorated the astalfo room. Iku worked on creating a way to the surface from the lower canal of the village.

We continued work until we decided to call it quits after a couple of hours.

The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on December 4th, 2021 4pm EST.
          Last edited by KokoButtz; 12-04-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Summary for the 105th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/04/2021:
            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY BUILD MEETING NOTES LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

here's what I remember:
            • We started by continuing to iterate over the light pole designs started last build meeting, and landed on 2 particular designs; one for the shopping district, and the other to eventually use in lower residential. The shopping district lights were (mostly) placed, and the LR lights are still pending.
            • Benji terraformed a corner of the cave by the bath house. Based benji.
            • QSC came online and started marking the cave ceiling for The Big Terraform: Sea lanterns mark where stalactites go, Pumpkins mark where stone needs to be taken away to help with variation, and glowstone marks where stone needs to be added to help with variation (skup pls dont come for me if these are wrong gomenasorry I forgor )
            • on god the KV isn't going to get any bigger. I mentioned this when LR was added but I'm documenting this for the record if KV gets bigger strike me dead. thank u.
            • Birb and I had to leave a little early again. it be like that sometimes.

Next building meeting is on December 18th, 2021 4pm EDT.

im not a cool person

Comment

Summary for the 106th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/18/2021:
              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In this building meeting we started on Gensnowkyo!

We did the usual things that you would expect in Gensnowkyo which is leaving snow all over the ground, making the tree, decorating Gensokyo with festive things. This time however Gensnowkyo is in NeoGensokyo rather than Gensokyo 2. While we didn't finish the tree expect it to be pasted in soon.

We did this for about 3 hours until we called it a day.
              This also makes the last building meeting for the year! Thank you to everyone who contributed to Gensokyo! We did a lot this year let's keep this energy up for next year!

The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting me bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on January 1st, 2022 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 107th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 1/1/2022:
                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

I DIDN'T FORGET TO WRITE THE SUMMARY YOU FORGOT TO WRITE THE SUMMARY

Happy New Year! In this build meeting, we basically exclusively worked on terraforming in the Kappa Village; this is a good time to reiterate that the KV Isn't going to be getting any bigger. What we have is what we have! Benji and Birb (and qsc?) started working on the area under the boardwalk, making it look more natural with the brand shiny new 1.18 blocks, while the rest of us worked on shaping out the cave ceilings like how qsc outlined a few build meetings ago.

We did this for a couple of hours before everyone had to go. It be like that sometimes.

The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting koko bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on January 15th, 2022 4pm EST.

im not a cool person

Comment

Summary for the 108th + 109th Gensokyo v3 Building Meetings 1/15/2022 + 2/5/2022:
                  *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Y'all miss me? :3

Build meeting 108: We worked more on terraforming! Didn't do a whole lot, since Birb and I had to leave really early on, but it be like that sometimes. It's ok though, because this next build meeting, we actually did get quite a lot done!

Build meeting 109: We continued terraforming, focusing on two areas in particular: the right end of the lower residential district, and the ceiling of the top floor of the whole KV cave itself. The right end of the lower residential district had its entrance to the hydraulic system that leads to the surface decorated (#ThankYouBasedRedleaf) and the cave itself was shaped more towards that end to make it look less like a box. (#ThankYouBasedBirb)

The top floor of the KV finally had the rest of its stalactites pasted in (#ThankYouBasedMe), and terraforming to make them look more natural has begun. Ideally, I'd like to start working lighting into the top floor next build meeting, as well. In addition, I've also marked 5-6 areas in the KV top floor ceiling for potential dripstone patches, if we still want to go forward with that design choice.

The build meeting is still happening as I type this, but I'd really rather get this typed out sooner than later so I won't heckin' forget it again goddamnit--

The trailer has been uploaded. Thank you for trusting koko bc it finally happened. Check it out here!

Next building meeting is on February 19th, 2022 4pm EST.

im not a cool person

Comment

Summary for the 110th Gensokyo v3 Building Meetings 2/19/2022:
                    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We pasted the Kappa Village into Gensokyo.

This took essentially the whole 2-ish hour build meeting! The current state of the Kappa Village in gensokyo (under the youkai mtn, of course) is kinda like this:
                    NYFvTzB.png
                    Based Birb went ahead and did a rough draft of how the tunnel goes to the surface, it just needs to be terraformed to match the little bit of tunnel already in the KV \o/

Next building meeting is on March 5th, 2022 4pm EST.

im not a cool person

Comment

Summary for the 111th Gensokyo v3 Building Meetings 3/5/2022:
                      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Hole!

We all took turns freaking out over the Kappa Village being flipped lol, then we worked on various clean-up tidbits within the Kappa Village in neogenso: the tunnel leading from the surface to the Kappa Village was cleaned up, terraformed, colored (shoutout to iku for the command for block texturing), and made walkable without jumping. Discussions were had for the little variations of 1.18-style greenery patches and dripstone patches that can be scattered around various parts of the roof, and some lighting sources, like boats and buoys were added to the lake on the bottom floor!

We also had a discussion on now that we're working within neogenso on how we're gonna handle if people without genso perms can pitch in, and we just figured we're gonna have to copy, flip, and paste things in as we go along. That is, until we get the new genso world and have to re-paste everything in anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Next building meeting is on March 19th, 2022 4pm EST.
                      o<o

Comment

Summary for the 112th Gensokyo v3 Building Meetings 3/19/2022:
                        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Hey, kids! Did you know that if you start sleeping a lot less during the week because of work, that shit follows you into the weekend?

The good news is, my current work schedule isn't going to stay like this forever (or for much longer at all, really) so there's a good chance this won't happen again. However, sad to say, this build meeting was cut awfully short for me because I quickly became too tired to keep my eyes open during it. A lot of progress was made in terraforming a path up to the KV from the untrodden valley.

There was some discussion about whether or not we should just do edits straight in place in the genso paste of KV, or if we should still work in creative. Since it's going to be more condusive to keeping an up-to-date backup of KV, we're going to continue working on rooms in creative, and pasting the KV again when more is done (with the flipping and everything).

Next building meeting is on April 2nd, 2022 4pm EST.

im not a cool person

Comment

Summary for the 113th Gensokyo v3 Building Meetings 4/2/2022:
                          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

So we uhhhhh (volume warning)

but forreal, the theme of today's build meeting was the Lunar Capital!! based nick lead discussions + the start of rebuilding the Lunar Captial palace, plus some old builds were updated, and we discussed plans to continue updating older builds! Reference images were shared, mini-models were built (located at -7407, 4, -6579), and we just. worked thru restructuring the new Lunar Capitol palace \o/

Next building meeting is on April 16th, 2022 4pm EST.
                          o<o

Comment

Summary for the 114th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 4/16/2022:
                            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Meeting started at 4:20 PM EDT

Leading the meeting, the Senkai Project was officially established and settled with its own warp (/warp tempsenkai). Later during the session it was discussed with Katrix our plans for expansion into Gensokyo and how to use perlin noise generation to make terrain... i'm scared. Interior furbishing of the living quarters and mess hall of the Divine Spirit Mausoleum have started. Shoutout to KitsuneKid1 AKA. Niko for their help. Meeting concluded at 5:53 PM EDT.

Next building meeting is on May 7th, 2022 4pm EST.
                            Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Summary for the 115th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 5/7/2022:
                              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In this building meeting we continued working on the Senkai project. This building session served to furnish the interiors of the living quarters and mess hall within the temple grounds. Further development on the side gardens was conducted and a mock-up with dry gardens, ponds and cherry blossom trees has been laid out.
                              This meeting lasted for about 2 hours.

Next building meeting is on May 21st, 2022 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 116th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 5/21/2022:
                                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

In this building meeting we went to the Yababa's Bathhouse in Kappa Village and decided to finally put the WIP out of it's misery. The main things that needed to be done for the bathhouse was interiors of the room and final touchups to the building itself. I added a ceiling in the central area and interior decorating for the spa rooms and saunas were made. The only thing left for the bathhouse is a working elevator, the owner's room, the top floor roof, and a few final details to make the build come alive. After that it'll be all done!

We worked on the bathhouse for about 2 hours and 30 mins until we decided we made enough progress. And so ended this building meeting.

Next building meeting is on June 4th, 2022 4pm EST.
                                Last edited by KokoButtz; 06-18-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X