• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for Cyros's 8th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 8/06/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.

Cyros started off by showing all of his builds/concepts for Gensokyo. Temps are free to use his concepts, but he does not want you to alter them.
    For example if you were interested in the Shining Needle Castle then he would like you to copy and paste it elsewhere to be worked on.

Some of his builds included the auto-updating blocks that was mentioned above, like concrete powder for example, so keep that in mind. Perhaps put barrier blocks around them?

Cyros also made a suggestion of Temp Builders working around 10hrs a week. Which we had a long discussion about.
    The conclusion?
    Nothing has been decided since it was merely a suggestion. Food for thought.\o/

For the rest of the meeting we hung out at Birb's Dragon Palace. We tried to build but we ended up dicking around, it's understandable due to the hype of New Survival.

The trailer has been postponed until we kick Remi and remind him to get his shit together and film. Until then please continue working on your builds to make them trailer appropriate.

Cyros is stepping down from the Lead Builder position. Due to that, Cyros building meetings have now ended.
    Thank you to everyone who has
    attended them. \o/
    Last edited by KokoButtz; 08-17-2019, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 50th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 08/03/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

I just moved and even though I have internet I do not have access to a desktop. So in my place Hiburine hosted the meeting for me. Be sure to /headpat your local Eib when you see her.

This meeting started off a little late due to the server deciding to lose it's shit. But after that cleared up everyone was given some warnings about the state of the server.
    Since we just updated to 1.14 the server is on the fragile side and because of that World Edit has the power to obliterate the server again. When world editing large things please proceed with caution and use //fast mode.

Please don't have us looking in console and finding that the server got yeeted because you decided to make a sphere of anvils with a radius of 4 billion.

Another thing with WE is that water and falling blocks automatically update. For example of you made a sphere of sand with WE it would float however now if you tried that the blocks will just fall down and you can't undo it when it does that. You can try and by pass it by surrounding the water/falling blocks with air blocks.

For those that have the perms, Voxel lives again (\o/ praise the Katrix \o/). Those that have voxel should already know to be careful with voxel.

Moving on since Genso progress really slowed down after the SDM hype died and temps were given last month off I want to see PROGRESS. Mojangsoft died for our sins and gave us all these new blocks.

After the warnings and notices we're out I the way everyone went to Birb's Dragon Palace for Heaven to look around and build stuff.
    Purp also showed a ballroom design for Chireiden.

The rest of the meeting was spent updating old builds with new blocks. To name a few the SDM, Kourindou, and Marisa's house. Updates were things like adding campfires to fireplaces, waterlogging the bathtubs, and putting lanterns places.

That about sums this meeting up.
    Also in the hour between server crash and actual meeting we built our friendships by watching people on toreba play :3c thats not really relevant but it was fun

Also! Do you want to join in on the building meetings but can't because your schedule doesn't line up well? Well isn't today your lucky day! Because Cyros hosts his building meetings for those who can't participate in the ones I host! Click here for more information!

The trailer has been postponed until we kick Remi and remind him to get his shit together and film. Until then please continue working on your builds to make them trailer appropriate.

Next building meeting is on August 17th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    News for the build meeting on July 20th and a message for Temp builders.

Since I really don't want you guys building in Creative (tl;dr creative transfer already happened, 1.12 should technically be whitelisted but remains open for Kagome work) since anything you do now will be lost when you hop into 1.14 and it looks like 1.14 won't be open by the 20th.

There won't be a building meeting on the 20th of this month! (yay :3)

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

You will still get a message from the end of the month from either me or Redleaf to keep track of Genso progress. However if you didn't do anything in June and you still haven't done anything in July. You won't lose your rank! (double yay :3)

So basically you have the rest of the month off! (triple yay :3)(edited)

Because of this though I'm cracking the whip harder in August.

The trailer has been postponed until we update the server. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on August 3rd, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 49th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 07/06/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

This meeting was more of an actual Building Building meeting.

Since there was a warframe event today, there's not too much to talk about this meeting.

For the first time in a phat while we worked on The Lunar Capital. Specifically the apartment buildings in the Capital where non-royal/gods live.

Meanwhile Eiburine got to work on Chireiden for a while. That's about it for this one. \o/

Also! Do you want to join in on the building meetings but can't because your schedule doesn't line up well? Well isn't today your lucky day! Because Cyros hosts his building meetings for those who can't participate in the ones I host! Click here for more information!

The trailer has been postponed until we update the server. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on July 20th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 48th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 06/15/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started off by looking at the progress done on the HV, Voile, and The Dragon Palace.

We then had an option on whether to work on Chireiden or the Dragon Palace, and the Dragon Palace was chosen. So we spent about 3 hours working on the interior for it.

For a moment, we did go over and touch up Voile but we went back to the Dragon Palace since Karu left.

Next building meeting is on July 6th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• Cyros_Lugoth
    replied
    Summary for Cyros's 7th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 6/04/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Summary for the Build Meeting:
    Today's meeting went nice and smooth. We worked out the block compositions of Chireiden for the interior and exterior walls. Still undecided on a ceiling yet, but we have wall designs! We went through about a bajillion wall concepts until finally settling on one that also goes along with the checkered floor pattern inside the palace.

After that we all flew to wanderingAviator in which she was working on the Dragon Palace. There's now an extension on one of the sides.

Along with that, Karuiko continued working on the SDM library.

My next meeting may or may not be on the 2nd, but it's still planned to be on the 2nd. Later that week is when my vacation starts though and I'll be away for approximately 10 days.

Next building meeting is on July 2nd, 2019 5PM(GMT-3).

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 47th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 06/01/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

While it was on the short side, (people had things to do later) everybody pretty much went into groups to work on projects. Purp finished the concept of Chireiden's Ballroom and then went to help Birb and Xadrow on the Dragon Palace for Heaven.
    Righto and Nuclear worked a new build which is the 3 Fairies Tree House. While Karu and I worked on Voile.

Progress to builds have been made but it generally wasn't enough to really show off. \o/

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.14. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on June 15th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 46th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/18/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started out looking at the recent work that was done on Voile and Chireiden.

Karu died so we didn't work on Voile. Instead we helped Purp with a concept for the ballroom for Chireiden.
    Nothing too big happened during this meeting. We're still waiting for 1.14 or the new Genso3.5 terrain.

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.14. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on June 1st, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• Cyros_Lugoth
    replied
    Summary for Cyros's 6th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 5/07/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

CHIREIDEN HYPE!!!

So after two bad meetings I've hosted (I sowwie I'm bad), today's meeting went SUPER WELL! Eiburine and I talked about changing up the floor plan of Chireiden, because the old one was.... horrendous. We showed everyone the new floor plan. We yeeted the old Chireiden out of existence and started working on the new Chireiden.

Chireiden will have three floors.
    First floor will have the main hall you see in TH11's stage 4 / TH13.5 fighting stage, a ballroom, dining room, kitchen, pantry, living room, library, storage, and bathrooms. Near the back of the palace will be the courtyard that leads to the hell of blazing fires.
    Second floor will have an art gallery, bedrooms for all the animals + Orin and Okuu, even more bathrooms, and the Ballroom and Library will extend up into the second floor.
    Third floor will have Satori and Koishi's room, and the center of Chireiden will have a tower that has a bell (Bell of Avici ~ Infinite Nightmare).

Birb claims the library, and I'm okay with that. If anyone has ideas for other rooms, let Eiburine or myself know and we'll give you directions.

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.13. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on June 4th, 2019 5PM(GMT-3).

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 45th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/04/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started out talking about cringy yet iconic Vocaloid songs, then we moved on over back to the SDM gardens to work on it some more. We worked on a basic shed and made a tree.
    Then we moved to working on Voile with Karu. It was a pretty productive meeting for the small crew we had. \o/

Next building meeting is on May 18th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 44th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/20/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

After faffing around and building a brothel we decided on what we wanted to work on/discus. The main topic was the back of the SDM gardens. We discussed various things that could go in the back such as an allotment, a fire pit, a smol graveyard, a vine yard, another gazebo etc. etc.

There wasn't much that happened after that. We had a smol party this building meeting. \o/

Next building meeting is on May 4th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 43rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/6/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting was more an actual building Building meeting. We checked out updates on Birb's Dragon Palace for Heaven.
    That was honestly it for the rest of the build meeting. We mainly built things and chatted! \o/

Next building meeting is on April 20th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for Cyros's 5th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 4/02/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting was more an actual building Building meeting. We worked on Lunar Capital things.
    To begin we read through Nick's book of Lunar Capital things that needed to be done then had a good moment of confusion on what to do.
    However when we finally got on track, things went pretty smoothly. We worked on finishing the Council building for the Lunar Capital.

.....That's about it. \o/

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.13. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on May 7th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• KokoButtz
    replied
    Summary for the 42nd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/16/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.
    However that is for the Forest of Magic only.

This meeting was more an actual building Building meeting. We worked on Gensokyo or either Human Village things.

Though we did get people who came in a bit late who wanted to show something new.

Birb came in and showed us her weather station for Heaven, and Nuclear came on and showed us the Prismriver mansion he has been working on.

That was honestly it for the rest of the build meeting. We mainly built things and chatted! \o/

Next building meeting is on April 6th, 2019 4PM EST.

Leave a comment:

• Cyros_Lugoth
    replied
    Summary for Cyros's 4th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 3/05/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

So the original plan was to work on Chireiden, but unfortunately Eiburine was still busy with her classes, so that has no progress. We will eventually start Chireiden! Don't worry!

The meeting started off with Yukibara showing us a very very large temple-like build that she felt could go in a place like Makai or something. I don't remember the full details of the discussion, but it ended up with us using the statue inside the temple for Ruins of Vina, and have the statue represent Sariel or something along those lines.

After that, Alayosho and others worked on plans for Lunar Capital/City stoof, while Phantom and I continued the caves of Subterranean Animism.

Next building meeting is on April 2nd, 2019 5PM(GMT-4).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X