X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTY Groups and Planning Thread

Thought this would be a good idea for groups of people to plan out and discuss strategies/designs for RTY 2.0 (Considering the increased difficulty... and yes, I'm making this before official release as there's no such thing as too much planning.)
    This would be also a good place to list out who's working with who, or if one is going solo.

P.S. The term "Group" is used loosely. It is mainly to show who is with who at a given location as most of the time we will have people cluster together at different locations.

Group List:

Spoiler: Yumehime

Alayosho
    Aka Izayoi
    WriggleRid3r

Spoiler: Nexus Fortress

S121
    Sustic
    Cucoo5

Spoiler: Occult

Darikuro
    NuclearBLT
    Nickmaster
    Leon
    TRXD
    Oniking

Spoiler: Tengu Vanguard

Tewi
    Tysonizer
    Phantom
    Redleaf64
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 06-09-2015, 06:35 PM.

Alayosho, Miss Izayoi, and I will be making an equivalent of Yumehime in RTY 2.0 server.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

I will most likely be paired up with S121 since we make a pretty good survival team who can do various tasks ranging from gathering materials, to just aiding others.

Need a name for the group though... S1 can come up with the name for our group.

Comment

@ SUS
        We're going to be working on the Nexus Fortress, which will have a central Mystcraft Nexus that we'll be using for exploration and an easy way to get out of trouble. If we do it right, we can stay in it and survive should things get hairy on the surface.

So we're going to initially consist of S121, Sustic, and meself.

P.S. We were already planning out things via PMs, which was why I decided to make this thread.

Comment

@SUSTIC

Ok, I'll try and think of one. Cuckoo's in our group too though.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

For our group, I'll post the plan for the base design in this post later.

Basic concept:
            North side will be the primary entrance, storage, and personal rooms.
            East wing: Tech mods and Quarry storage area
            West wing: Magic mods and Thaumcraft infusion altar
            Middle: Mystcraft Nexus
            South: Mob farms

Comment

@Cucoo

We should also consider creating an observation spire/solar gathering station, much like we had in 1.0.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Except one that actually would be very, very, very, very efficient... not saying the last one wasn't, but I think it could have been built/constructed better.

Comment

The East wing could be close to the surface, possibly extending up and out with a room above ground... however the access will be through the base and we'll have to make a perimeter around it accordingly to keep creepers a good distance from it.
                  We'll probably use water to protect it as much as possible.
                  If we set up in a plains biome near a lake we would be set as we could flood an area with a layer of water.

The surface might eventually be conquered with a mighty fortress city when we get MFFS running, which will allow us to make such a structure easily.

Comment

@Sus

Well, we did have to adapt the idea for the tree, but this time we will be able to create it from scratch.

This one will have the solar array on the top with an observation deck/glider "airport" below it.

Was Openblocks approved/confirmed for 2.0?

@Cucoo

True. MFFS will be a godsend in certain scenarios, especially when we need to make outposts in the wilderness.
                    sigpic

Comment

@ S1

Openblocks are in
                      And ah... yes a glider port...
                      We could do that.

Like I said in my prior post, we'll probably make a fortress above ground with towers extending from the underground base.
                      With MFFS we could make a Fortress City if we manage to make a stable source of power for an MFFS system.

Comment

@Cucoo

Awesome. I always loved the jetpack/glider combo.

Also, the towers sounds like a good idea. If we do build the towers, what should they be made out of? Flammables are a HUGE no. Remember the tree that kept catching fire? XD
                        sigpic

Comment

The most abundant resource: Stone

eventually we'll be able to utilize Thaumcraft's Infernal Furnace which is free smelting which will allow us to build on this scale with things like stone brick.

Also we should consider a wood farm so that we can keep up our wood supply. Might be an extension of the east wing.

Comment

Looking through this I noticed that I need to discuss how the city layout will go with Kaguya...

Also, don't you think we're jumping the gun here? The 2.0 server date hasn't even been announced yet.

:/:/:/:/:/
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

There is no such thing as too much preparatory planning.
                              Plus this will allow for us to change plans accordingly if something isn't there.
                              Besides, with the increased difficulty we won't be able to do things willy-nilly during early game. Having a solid design in mind for what we're doing will make things easier.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X