X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTY Nostalgia

Time for one of these threads again I guess.

So, I'm sure many of you have heard my complaining about more and more stuff breaking. From the small stuff all the way to the fact that Phantom's world is no longer a mystcraft world. I've also said a lot about how I would love to change stuff but I can't really do that at this point. When you look back, a lot of this makes sense. RTY 2 was started on around a year ago, and mostly feature complete 8 months ago. We've also almost had the same world for around half a year now. It's quite clear that RTY 2 was a strong success.

However, 1.8 is now quickly becoming the new thing, and maybe in around 2-5 months I'll start working on a 1.8 pack. Now here is the thing though, I don't want to be constantly patching up the server in that time span, that's why I'm not going to do so. Around Christmas I began a new project called RTY Nostalgia. What is it, it's a modpack of course. Nostalgia was originally intended to be the 1.8 pack, but I've since decided against that. Instead Nostalgia will be a kind of buffer pack in between this and 1.8. Nostalgia will be released sometimes after you guys have access to Gensokyo, as it was always planned.

So, what sort of modpack is Nostalgia, and how does it differ from RTY 2. While RTY 2 went a bit in every direction, and was very much an experiment where I had no idea where I was going, Nostalgia will have a bit more focused direction. I won't deny that Nostalgia won't be a bit over the place too, and it will still be at least a bit an experiment, but I do hope to give Nostalgia a distinct feel. As you may already have guessed from the name, Nostalgia will focus a lot on what has been. There will still be new mods, but for the most part they won't be the focus. Nostalgia will feature a lot of older mods like Portal gun and Sould Shards. There will also a be a few mods that try to recreate the old days as good as possible. One example of this is Industrialcraft 2 Classic. There are also a few mods which I will not include because of this. There are not many, but it follows a quite simple rule. If a mod overshadows the main focus of a mod then it won't be included. One good example of this is Blood Magic. Blood Magic's endgame would quite clearly have overshadowed some other mods that would be included, and disabling so much would just be a hassle at that point.

So, I guess that was mostly it. I won't spoil what mods will be included yet apart from the ones I already spoiled. You are free to post suggestions for mods, but I won't answer to if it's already in, if it will be included, or if it won't be. Also keep a lookout around the RTY world, I'll make a teaser for what mods will be included now and then there. Go to Yukari to get the quest.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

I don't suppose we could get something like rotarycraft or advanced genetics, molecular power suits ect? I've noticed there's a bit of an imbalance between the magic and tech mods making it more than a little unfair. And before you say x mod is over powered I would like to point out that most of what you can do in Advanced genetics and rotarycraft is also doable on theumncraft or thaumic tinker or one of the expansion mods. Not only that but all of the Avaritia are either magic based items or original items to the mod. theirs nothing in it that helps you in IC2 Or Open Computers.

Also the quantum solar panel that takes like 200 nether stars to make dosnt' put out nearly as much energy as something with that much cost should. Sersiously the one wind meal we have at our base puts out more than that and it's a hell of a lot easier to build. Just saying.

Comment

@Tewi

I can see where you are coming from with the tech mod thing right? You feel that there are better and more magic mods than there are tech ones? Only problem with that theory is that counting only main mods and not addons, tech mods outnumber magic mods 2-3 times. This idea might also come from the fact that most people use magic armor, but I would also like to point out that there is tech armors out there too, maybe not all around the same level, but they all do have some unique features. Try taking down a person in full quantum for example, you just can't do it. Also remember that that most tech mods focus on wires and automation and that sort of stuff. Have you tried switching out all your pipes in your base with golems? I haven't tried it myself, but I don't think it's the best idea.

When it comes to modular stuff the problem I normally have with this is that if there is any limit to it, it's usually very far out. Yes there is Thaumic Horizons now but that was mostly something that slipped in, a mistake. If I could remove one function in that mod without having to remake the rest of it, yes I would have done that.

When it comes to Avaritia, I don't know the exact balance there, but it's not completely out of wack, it's just that most tech mods today center around RF, meaning that you don't get too many "ultimate" items there, while magic mods all do their own thing. Could I add something for IC2, sure, if there only actually existed a creative item to give. When it comes to opencomputers sure, just give me a suggestion for a recipe.

I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I won't ever add any of Reika's mods to the modpack. The license is just to restrictive to do so easily and sanely.

Lastly, remember that the selection of mods here WILL be different than what is now. Some of these suggestions might become irrelevant in that pack.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Actually unless something has changed in the last update Danmaku bypasses all of quantum armor's protection. And from what I've seen there really isn't any good way to give yourself augments unless you use nano machines but even then that's only temporary. At least according to what i was told.

But I can see what you're saying, Magic focuses more on making you OP and tech focuses more on making life easy for you. I just think it would be better if there were a few more toys for techies. Maybe enable the advanced nano armor or buff the quantum solar panned. Possibly enable nukes in some of the worlds. Not the over world for obvious reasons but maybe in the nether and the end.

Also while pipes and suc are better than using golams for everything there's still a good amount of utility to be found in the magic mods, even more so hen you mix them with minefactory reloaded buildcraft and things liek that. For example I could easily make a machine that generates an unlimited amount of coal, sludge, rubber ect using a mixture of theumcraft blood magic and botania. What i'm getting at is is magic makes you OP and can have good utility, so can tech but there isn't enough fun uber op toys to make the mods feel worth while which probably plays a roll in why so few people specialize in one or more of the tech mods. That and the tech mods are also a lot harder than the magic ones. For example with how well my base is set atm i could scrap everything but still go back in and finish blood magic, botania or thaumncraft in a day or two. If we scrapped all our ICT stuff it would take WEEKS to make up for all that progress.for open computers even longer and we haven't even gotten all that far in it yet.

I understand a lot of it is probably out of your hands due to legal stuff so i'm not gonna hound you over not adding this mod or that mod but there are a few things you could change with the mods we have to make them more worth the effort. Oh and there actually is a creative only item in IC2. It's called the Plasma launcher or IC2lasmaLauncher. I think it's meant to be added into the modpack as a craftable item later but as of right now there is no way to get it. As for open computers ther is a creative computer case, no idea what it does but it's there's also the creative cache from thermal expansion, creatie ME storage cell from applied energistics 2 and the creative engine in buiildcraft. Those are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head but there are a few more if you type in "creative" into NEI

Comment

Pam's harvestcraft like when RTY was first made

Comment

For those that don't know, There is a thing in IC2 that is called the Vajra, that is a super OP mining laser/saber of OPness, anyway, apart from that, some of the creative items are not meant to be gotten in survival, for example, the creaive cache has no real function, is just a deposit of items, And well, I still think you should add recipes for the Creative Mana Pool and the Creative Tank, cuz, well, those have a real function.
            Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Botania already has creative items. We really don't need more.

Edit: Also don't know what your on about. I just tested the creative cache in single player and it works exactly the same way the rest of them do. The only difference is it has a massive number of items it can hold.
              Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 02-20-2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I'm just hoping it wont take me 30 min to launch if it ever comes out
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X