X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions, fixes and imporvements for RTY

So I'm moving this into it's own thread so that Remi knows where it is, it becomes easier for me to update it, and people can more easily suggest more things. This means that if you have a suggestion for a mod, post it here and it'll be considered. You can also feel free to post here if you feel that there are balancing issues or send me a PM and I'll talk with Remi about it next time I see him.

First of, mods.

Add Roguelike Dungeons?

Add Morph without abilities?

Add Galactricraft?

Fixes and improvements

Commands (simple things like /msg and /me. NOTE: commands like /home and /warp WILL NOT BE ADDED)

Tome of Alkahest not working

Integration
    One of the things I think when I think modpack is interaction between the mods, making it feel more uniform, here are a few things that could help with this.

Add NEI Mystcraft Addon

Configs

None Currently.

Suggestions

I would suggest that we have somewhere here where people can register their chunkloaders. I'm not talking about asking to set o e up, just registering it so that we are aware that it exists.

Balancing

None currently.
    Last edited by Katrix; 08-09-2014, 04:09 PM.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Alright, good idea. I've said a few of mine before, and the reasons against the two biggest were good, so unless discussion of a new map comes off, I'll hold off on suggesting those again. With that said, there are a few suggestions of my own I'd like to make, bearing in mind what was discussed previously.

Aesthetics
    One of the things I enjoy in modpacks is having more options for building things. So, something I'd really like to see is some mods just there to increase the number of building options.

Fancy Fences (No Restrictions Listed)

Chisel (No Restrictions Listed)

Carpenter's Blocks (No Restrictions Listed)

Compatibility
    I noticed that while Bibliocraft, Natura, and EBXL are all installed, the Bibliowoods addons are not. Adding Bibliowoods for Natura, EBXL, and Forestry (if it gets added) would allow everything from Bibliocraft to be made with the wood from those mods.

Gameplay
    These are just a few things I personally have some interest in playing around with...

Advanced Genetics
    - Uses EU or RF for power, lets special abilities be extracted from mobs.

Link Destination Renderers or Dynamic Link Panels - Show where Mystcraft books go. Already discussed, but just a reminder.

Extra Utilities - Adds mostly minor convenience items, like a blocks to muffle rain and mob sounds. Goes so well with Open Blocks, I often forget they're different mods.

Technomancy
    - Adds things that use both Thaumcraft and Thermal Expansion. Author allows modpacks, but requests attribution.

JABBA - Upgradable barrels for bulk storage, and a dolly to move chests and stuff around. Good for keeping bases organized (barrels also have built-in oredictionary conversion).

Truss Mod or RemIM - These are basically recreations of the frames from the old Redpower mods. Both can be configured to run off of Redstone Flux. Truss can also support EU and MJ. RemIM looks nicer, IMO, and has more features, but may also be a bit OP because of it. I actually recommend Truss, which also inherently supports microblocks, has the widest power options, and is most like the original frames.

Project Red - Or at least certain parts of it. I'm mainly interested in the redstone logic elements and alloy wire, personally, though the rest might have its place as well.
    Last edited by KassuriBard; 06-18-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I don't know about the astethics yet, so I'll look over it in the future.

Bibliowoods This is excellent, why haven't I gotten to know this before?

As for Advanced Genetics, I think the recepies are a bit unbalanced for what you can do with it.

Link Destination Renderers or Dynamic Link Panels Will definetively look into one of these. (Can't have both )

Extra Utilities, I have played around with this a bit before, and personally, I think it could fit pretty good.

Technomancy, I think Thaumic Tinkerer with KAMI will more than do it with supplying a bit more Thaumcraft stuff.

JABBA, maybe if Factorization somehow screws up with barrels, but it's unlikely I think.

Truss Mod or RemIM this looks very interesting. Truss does seem to have increased the cost of these frames quite a bit, something I'm happy about. It'll also be harder to abuse them because of no computers. I'll consider that one.

Project Red already listed.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      you are not alone.

Comment

What is project red?

Comment

@Nuclear
          Do you remember RedPower 2?
          Project Red is a mod which was made to follow up on RedPower as a semi-successor to the mod. I haven't used Project Red but I used RedPower 2 A LOT in the past. I was sceptical of the mod at first but it quickly became one of my favourite Minecraft mods of all-time (along with Steve's Carts, Thermal Expansion, and Ars Magica). To see a semi-successor to that mod really makes me want to play it now.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Hey, I may have found another compatibility patch you should look at. A friend of mine brought up "Just Advanced Mod Interaction", or JAMI on the Mystcraft forums. It does a lot, like making various mods able to handle one-another's resources, making mobs work with Soul Shards, etc... There's even a balance option for Mystcraft, to adjust the instability added by various mod materials to something more in line with how valuable they are, which is how I found out about it.

Comment

These mods added would be nice (some may be already listed above or already in-game):

-Thermal Expansion
              -Tinkers construct
              -Rotarycraft
              -Ender storage
              -Pam's harvest
              -Rougelike Dungeons
              -Mariculture
              -Forestry
              -Extra Bees
              -Ars Magica
              -Chisel Mod
              -Heraldry Mod
              Last edited by Yukkurirumia; 06-22-2014, 01:49 AM.

Comment

A word of warning about Rotarycraft. It's possible it's been cleaned up a bit since I last looked at it, but some friends and I checked it out a while back, and it had some very poorly optimized code. It did not run well in multiplayer.

Comment

Alright so feedback time.

JAMI - I've heard about it, but I had no idea it did this much. Will definitively add to the list.

Skipping the ones that are already on the list.

Tinkers Construct - Remi heard that it was kind of unstable as of late. Sorry

Rotarycraft - If what Kassuri says is true, it could be kind of problematic.

Ender Storage - Have been meaning to add this to the list for ages.

Pam's Harvest - Remi will add this one to replace Food Plus as soon as possible from what I've heard.

Rougelike Dungeons - Relieas very heavily on world generation

Mariculture - Looks like a nice mod. Will consider.

Extra Bees - Do we need this? Might just be me, but I've always felt that Extra bees goes way overboard.

Ars Magica - Generation problems?

Chisel Mod - I gues it's okay since so many have suggested it.

Heraldry - Do we need this?
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Ars magica isn't compatible or outdated, which is why I didn't include originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Suggestions, fixes and imporvements for RTY

One suggestion:
                      Galacticraft

Because
                      SPAAAAAAAAACE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVn1oQL9sWg

I tried to mention it before but things happened.

The good thing is it adds the challenge of surviving in space and the dungeon progression is fun
                      (Explosive tennis with a three headed alien creeper on mars anyone?)

and the solar panels look like solar panels

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 06-23-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                        Alright so feedback time.

JAMI - I've heard about it, but I had no idea it did this much. Will definitively add to the list.

Skipping the ones that are already on the list.

Tinkers Construct - Remi heard that it was kind of unstable as of late. Sorry

Rotarycraft - If what Kassuri says is true, it could be kind of problematic.

Ender Storage - Have been meaning to add this to the list for ages.

Pam's Harvest - Remi will add this one to replace Food Plus as soon as possible from what I've heard.

Rougelike Dungeons - Relieas very heavily on world generation

Mariculture - Looks like a nice mod. Will consider.

Extra Bees - Do we need this? Might just be me, but I've always felt that Extra bees goes way overboard.

Ars Magica - Generation problems?

Chisel Mod - I gues it's okay since so many have suggested it.

Heraldry - Do we need this?

About Rotarycraft, I'm not sure if there is/was any pr
                        oblem with it, because the monster modpack that held it ran smoothly in honkhonkcraft

as for extra bees, its a slotmachine type chance to get anything good
                        Last edited by Yukkurirumia; 06-23-2014, 01:36 AM.

Comment

@Remi
                          Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                          Ars magica isn't compatible or outdated, which is why I didn't include originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Are you certain that it's Ars Magica 2 that is outdated or are you simply looking at Ars Magica 1? Ars Magica 1 hasn't been updated since 1.5. But I'm certain that Ars Magica 2 is alive and kicking. That is unless Mithion has left the modding community along with a few people.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Galacticraft - I can't see anything wrong with it, my only question is if we need it. If it was added, would people use it.

Rotarycraft - Alright have looked into it, and to be hones, I think it could give Remi a bit of a headache. Basically, if say we needed to remove something, we would first have to hold a pool where everyone could vote for what they thought of it. Also world generation problems.

Extra Bees - I know what Extra Bees is. My question is how much of a demand would it be for so many bees. Besides, If you want to do more breeding, there are also trees and butterflies.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

I don't wholly approve of Extra Bees. I mean, we don't even have Forestry yet. Without that, there's no point in Extra Bees. How can you have EXTRA bees if you don't have any bees at all?

Lack of bees aside, I find Extra Bees to be a rather cheaty way of obtaining materials. You can actually acquire metal dust (and even gems) by simply breeding and farming rare bees. Heck, you can even get free XP from bees. I'm fine with the regular Forestry bees but Extra Bees kicks things up a notch. Sure, there are some great bee related machinery like the genetic machines but I think it's better to learn to manage one's inbred bees (that's no joke, most bees do end up being inbred in Forestry) than to simply make an artificial race of bees. Learn your genetics, people. Bee-alyzer is your friend.

Galacticraft is an iffy one. It's only really good if you have Universal Electricity or have a server dedicated to UE. As that is the mod that Galacticraft was designed around. It's still functional but it doesn't tessellate well with non-UE mods (unless we get PowerCrystals' Power Converters, hint-hint). And thing is that there isn't much to do if you actually go to the Moon or to Mars. Sure, you have the prestige of calling the Moon your home and can create a Lunar civilisation but with Mystcraft, it isn't necessary.
                              Once a link book/portal is made, space travel becomes redundant. And the moon is simply another "dimension" out of the theoretically infinite number of dimensions that we can make (seriously guys, we need to maintain Mystcraft usage). If you want to make a fake Moon, make a world that is eternal night with no Moon (or eternal day with dark sky) and try to make the terrain out of End Stone or just Stone. Same goes for Mars but you can have a Moon (two for authenticity) and use red-orange blocks (hardened clay or any other blocks) for terrain.

Rotarycraft is one that I have no clue about. So I can neither approve of or disapprove.

Comment

Working...
                              X