X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The City of the Dreaming Princess, Yumehime

So now that I'm here on RTY, I figure I'll make a thread detailing what the plans are!

Basically, I'm building Yumehime City once more, this time, with a bit more DESTINY involved. Whatever does Kaguya mean by that? Well, I got about a 90% chance to spawn in a bloody ocean whenever I start up a single player game, and my first 3 RTY Single Players were no exceptions. So what better to do that make the city in the middle of the ocean, just as Fate would demand?

Yumehime City will be a large Tree, powered mostly by the Botania ModPack in the middle of the ocean! The tree will be large enough to contain the bulk of the city, and as it expands, we'll add more platforms and terraces. If we get stable enough, I plan to impliment a Job System!

Roles within Yumehime:

Prima Flora(Guys, whats the best flower in the world?): This is the Guild Leader, Princess and Monarch, Kaguya!
    Rose: Grandmaster of the Fleur Chevaliers, the Knighthood of Yumehime.
    Mistletoe: The Arch-Flow Seeker
    Silversword: Bio-Tech Coordinator
    Mandrake: Thaumcraft Coordinator
    more to come

Jobs would be something like:
    Queen(Princess?): Me! In a monarchy, I make all the decisions! Mostly deciding how, where and what to build.
    Arch-Flow Seeker: Leader of the...
    Flow Seekers: These people are responsible for gathering mana, and making decorative mana streams that flow around parts of the tree.
    Hive Matron: When we start working on Forestry stuff, the Hive Matron(Or Patron) will be the guy that works on bees and such around the hive.

The City will also have several districts as it grows, denoted by the color of leaves on the trees growing in the area (Trees growing on trees! Treeception!)

Palace District: I live here, Silverwood Trees are really hard to get, so Silverwood trees for the Palace District!
    Others might be:
    --Cherry District
    --Rainbow Oak District

Current Projects:

Make the City Self Sufficiant - We needs farms and pastures.....up in a tree??
    --Crop Farm designs are to be circular, and will hang down from the canopy of the tree, like little hanging gardens. The challenge is making an automated, circular farm. Crops needed are Cotton, Wheat, Potatos and Carrots.
    ----Each Crop farm is to produce some amount of Mana, however small, to contribute to the Manawell. This can be done with a Flower that Eats food items to produce mana.
    Pastures; I want pastures for Sheep, Chickens and Cows! Unlike the farms, the pastures will be supported from below, likely on/around a branch of the tree.
    --Sheep in particular will need a special build. An 8 segment, 2 tiered (Thats 16 little "pastures") circular area that will feed the colored wool into a special mana generating flower that eats the wool to make mana!
    ----Seeds are needed not just for cocks (See what I did there?), but also for making magical flowers in a Flower Maker thingy. A surplus of seeds from the chicken farm is important.
    ------Cows go Moo. They are good for meat and leather. Yay Simple Stuff!
    ------Don't forget Deer from the T.Forest. Let's get some of them too!

Mana Rpoduction:

Oh man does mana go fast. Seriously, it just vanishes faster than I can make it. That's only with TWO people moving around! We need more production!
    --Currently, the space is cleared for a massive Blaze-Grinder and Endo-Farm. The grinder will contain as many spawners as I can collect, and scatter its blaze rods amongst a vast amount of Endolillies. The Endo plants will eat the blaze rods slowly, turning them into mana.
    ---The current design in my head is multiple "rings"/levels of Endos which are given the blaze rods from the grinder via pipes which with divide and even distribute them all around the levels. Hopperhocks will pick up blaze rods that aren't used and feed them back into the system to be distributed.

--Farms for crops can be automated (Particularly Potatos and Carrots) to drop cooked or finished product on/near a flower that eats food to make mana! Neato!

--A particularly complex farm requires Colored Wool, as mentioned above in the farm section.

Build the City?? - Kaguya and Crew(?) Need Lots of Silverbell Logs and Dreamwood in order to build the tree!
    -To make different districts and terraces, Kaguya will use different colored Trees. Any Saplings that grow trees with fun leaves are in high demand. Silverwood Saplings esspecially.
    Flowers, Mana, and Magix - Kaguya needs items to improve her Flower Magix. Nether Wart, Gold, Diamonds, Ender Pearls and Redstone are components needed to make components for the magix!

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===

Locations Within Yumehime

The Manawell;
    The Manawell is where the Mana of Yumehime, the Lifeblood of the the city's operations and citizens, is stored. In addition to the mana produced by their own systems within their homes, the Manawell exists to be a area where a tremendous amount of mana can be stored if its needed. Citizens are expected to contribute to the Manawell's reserves, but are welcome to use the mana as needed. No one citizen should be able to drain an entire city's worth of mana production.

The Flowseeker Academy;
    The school where Flowseekers are taught the art of Flow Seeking--using mana to augment and change an object's nature. The Seeker first learns to read how mana moves within objects. Afterwards, the seeker is taught to change the flow of mana, thus changing the object. Flora can be grown in seconds. Food can be made more nourishing. Materials can be harder. Naturally, a large amount of mana is produced for the Manawell, and reserved within the academy for teaching.

Dance of Stars and Twilight;
    At the base of the tree, there is a path that leads into the tree's heart. Within one will find a Nexus of all manner of gateways and paths to dimensions fueled by the innate magical nature of Yumehime.

Timeless Hallways
    The name of the Thaumcraft academy in Yumehime. Ancient, dusty, and stuffy, just like bookworm mages like it to be!
    Last edited by Alayosho; 11-09-2015, 04:37 PM.
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

As I've already been helping you in this area, I think it's only fitting I'd get Flow Seeker status. :P
    (Not gonna suggest myself as an Arch-, cuz that'd be selfish I'm only putting in a small amount of time to help u.)
    If I'd move over, I think I'd like to see an area built up of the Botanical blocks (Livingrock, Livingwood, Dreamwood, etc. (and their decorative versions of course)).
    Originally posted by Mogeko
    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
    Praise be to prosciutto.
    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Wait so...
      South Book leads to your base?
      If so I'll jot that down.

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
        Wait so...
        South Book leads to your base?
        If so I'll jot that down.
        Yeah, sorry...
        I put that there cuz we needed a way to Alayo's place...
        Kinda forgot to mention....
        Praise be to prosciutto.
        Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Kagu-sama, I can't join the RTY with you right now >< My computer just refuses to run the server so I gave up on it. Gomenasai >^<
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Leon

The idea is to make it mostly, if not all botania and natura blocks. Tree made of Silverbell wood and Dreamwood. Livingwood on some walkways and such. Mana Spreaders shooting colored beams around from here to there for pretty effects.

Team Kaguya always puts Beauty before Duty~!

@ Wriggle
            Dont worry, Wriggle-chan! We're still building the tree atm.
            I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

Comment

I'll help you gather materials and such but i'm not moving in. took me far to long to build my altar and get it working perfectly. But just give me a list of what you need and i'll supply you. just like old times ay kagunyan?

Comment

Just like old times! ^.^;

Right now, we're at the "Build the thing" Stage. Im living in the skeleton of the thing that will eventually be the base of the thing that'll hold the house!
                I'll update the top post for a list of tasks and materials needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alayosho View Post
                  Mana Spreaders shooting colored beams around from here to there for pretty effects.
                  Unless you place Mana Pools in the sky, this will not work.
                  Mana spreaders only shoot if they know the mana lands in a mana accepting inventory.
                  There are things like Unstable Beacons tho, so look that up in the Lexica Botania.
                  Praise be to prosciutto.
                  Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

@Cucoo5 southeast leads to my place.
                    @WriggleRid3r last I checked, the RTY server is on 2.1.1, so no one can connect until FTB makes that an option.

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

Comment

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
                      Yeah, sorry...
                      I put that there cuz we needed a way to Alayo's place...
                      Kinda forgot to mention....
                      It's fine
                      It was just driving me crazy on who it belonged to.

Originally posted by Sekibanki View Post
                      @Cucoo5 southeast leads to my place.
                      Ah ha
                      ah ha
                      ah ha
                      ha

no.

Comment

I meant southwest, sorry.
                        Last edited by Sekibanki; 10-05-2015, 01:09 AM.

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

Comment

Mana Prisms, Leon! Mana Prisms! That can take, direct and extend beams! We can have lots of pretty lights! Dont think about function, but rather about Why it functions. Who cares if a mana pool has to accept it? The important part is the beauty, later comes the actual applicablity.

So sayeth Kagunyan

Comment

I would want to be a merchant-esque person who does not really live in your city but can still go to it

Comment

Working...
                            X