X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kagome Village [1.7 survival reset]

I'm assuming that Remi is okay with a new Kagome Town/Village on this case (never received an official okay).

Basically, with the 1.7 reset coming up, we've been having people calling for a new bigger and better Kagome Town/Village to be built and used as the survival spawn. Some of the team has already began building some of the buildings but progress has stalled since no one knows exactly what is the new town going to look like. Therefore, I'm proposing this layout as something to start working off from.

Design specifications:
    Not too flashy, not too big. We need the place to feel humble but not a towering metropolis. The village will be populated by NPC villagers as it is now so most of the buildings will be NPC villages. Suggestions, ideas, and opinions requested. Higher level/expensive blocks such as enchanting tables and anvils are not permitted in order to preserve "survival-ness". Scale is larger than current Kagome, but smaller than Genso Human Village

Functional Buildings:
    Shrine: Community chest is located here. Allows players to throw in freebies and things they don't need in case some one else needs them. Also allows for maintenance staff to store things.
    Airship Port: Used for fast traveling to major communities like the teleport system in the current Kagome docks
    Market Area: For people to set up shops and such, it's not much use as evidenced by the current one, but people really want shop spaces for some odd reason.
    Farms: Public farms for people to use, might limit it to wheat later just as a basic survival freebie
    Town/Village Hall: Decorative mainly but also allows for underground storage for evicted players. Think of it as a centralized bank in case inactive people comes back online. Can also hold a librarian villager.
    Jail: In case the jail command returns, I think this is a safe place to put people

Decorative Buildings:
    Inn: Specifically a Hot Spring inn, just for minor survival RP use and shenanigans
    Park: As requested and built by RedLeaf64
    Graveyard: Inside jokes welcome

Optional/To be added Buildings, could be used to lock in select NPCs for trading:
    Restaurants: Can hold standard villager
    Blacksmith: Can hold blacksmith villager
    Butcher: Can hold butcher villager

Looks nice. i'll work on that once i'm done making PB maps

Comment

*Raises hand*

When it does happen, would I be able to become a resident and build a house in accordance to the traditional theme of the village?

Comment

As per usual, I'd like to limit all prebuilt houses for NPCs only. Freebie houses seems a little too much. Player built houses (once in survival) are welcome as long as it does not destroy existing buildings or internal landscape.

Comment

And of course I forget to help out.

Or if this is still going on :P
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

On going. Major buildings/rebuildings are done, but minor buildings are untouched. We are also welcoming any new ideas that could be implemented if appropriate.

Comment

Being the random person here...
              what about like a town square?

looking at the map, doesn't seem like there is one...

Comment

I might move all my survival stuff to the outskirts of Kagome (Like how Los Angeles has Anaheim and other cities near it) and help out.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo5: Hmm... Could implement that at the foot of the shrine hill.
                  @WriggleRid3r: It's being planned in Creative, see JRH/Kisume or Tewi.

Comment

aye, and going on a limb but perhaps it could be an adaptation of like LoZ: OoT's Hyrule Castle Town with some sort of NPC shop, if possible, and maybe something like a small library for decoration...or if it could somehow be formed into something actually functional (I have no idea if that would be at all possible...)
                    just throwing ideas out there at this point.

Comment

You have the A-OK from me, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                        You have the A-OK from me, lol
                        Where's your official seal? :3
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Oh yeah the new Kagome Town. I'll have to check it out when ever I get on.
                          sigpic

Comment

The contents contained herewithin this thread officially earn Remi's Seal of Approval

gaiz. I got a fancy seal of approval. Here it is. This thread earns it.

Comment

guess that may be yukkuricraft´s official seal then
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X