X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desucon done, Ohyocon next?

@Nuclearblt Did you enjoy the camping? What did you do?

Alright, Desucon 9 is over, and Saturday and Sunday turned out to be great!

There I got to meet @Katrix, I learnt about learning Japanese abroad, I learnt about cosplay in different parts of the world, I bought some stuff
    (which I will show off in the other thread), I took pictures of different people cosplaying, and I had a good time.
    You know, if you know me.
    The sun, the world, the universe.

Comment

@Ea
      Camping was fun! (Besides the noisy neighbors)
      We had gone swimming in the lake, started a bonfire, played poker all night (I lost 20 dollars)
      I would love to go to these conventions but I have no means of transportation at the moment >,<

Comment

Today I...
        Had played around with fireworks (got burned a little DX)
        Cooked steak,
        Got on the server for the firework/freedom bats/freedom cows dying and me dying
        I am saving up for this: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CC0QMygPMA8

Comment

So, I'm home and everything's normal again. It's been a really great vacation.

First of the first few days I went to DesuCon and met Ea. The next days we just went around, took pictures, saw what there was to buy, was at a few panels, and just had a great time. I seriously can't wait for next year. After that we spent the next day going to a amusement park. Originally we had plans to go there the next day too, but we decided one day was enough and instead went around shopping at a few interesting shops. Oh, and here is what I bought as Desucon as kind of a few souvenirs. The Sayaka is kind of dirty as it was the last one they had, but I did get a discount on it, so that's good.

Spoiler:

After that we went to the land of Soda(Sweden) and met some family there. Originally my vacation would be over when we left from there, but instead some wanted to syat while me and my sister decided to follow the original plans and tavel home. Thus we had the house for our self the next few days. Let's just say it was fantastic. Now that's over too tough, so that's kind of sad. Well, that's all there is to it.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Ooh, that poster is nice...
            For a moment, I thought it was Sakuya doll, but meh.

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
            After that we spent the next day going to a amusement park.
            Hey, I do not remember going to an amusement park!

Tapatalk~

Comment

Aww
              I've always wanted to go to animecons and things of the sorts but no transportation or a place to stay
              Also, nice poster Katrix!

Comment

@Nuclearblt

Well, if you got the money, and plan a bit ahead, going to a con ain't that difficult.

Tapatalk~

Comment

@Nuclear and Shift
                  I do have to agree with Shift. Getting to local or state/region cons isn't hard if you have the money and initiative. Getting to national or international cons are the ones that are a pain in the ass. Booking flights, hotels, and all.

I, being a complete con noob, am intending on starting with cons that are close to where I live and/or are in the country. Once I move out of my parent's house (and maybe move to Manchester), getting to cons in the UK would be kind of easy. Just compare the dates of popular cons to my schedule, book a hotel room, get train tickets, simple. Or if the con is local, take a bus and book a room if necessary. I already have cons that I wish to go to: London Anime Con, Manchester (and also London) Comic Con, Yorkshire Cosplaycon, and a few others. Once I'm confident in going to cons and I get the money, then I'll consider going to cons in the US. Of which I would love to do.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

US is by far the best country in terms of convention accessibility and the number of cons available to attend, especially on the east and west coast. Quite a few on mid-west as well but I think the closer you get to the Rockies, it gets a but sparser.

That said, if you're a serious con attender like me, you'll need to be prepared to drop some money. Eg, flight for me to get to Anime Central, midwest's largest con, took a $400 chunk out of my pocket. The nice thing though is that if you're in cosplay/congoing communities, you can easily get huge discounts on hotel by sharing roomspace. Eg, most expensive hotel i've paid for was Ohayocon and that was $120 for thursday-sunday. Only $40 a night.(comparatively, it's normally $150ish per night)

If you cosplay, that's a whole 'nother issue of money though, lol. I think I've already spent over $300 on my current cosplay lol. Probably going to hit $400 before I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday, some of us went on shot bow and played MineZ and were fine until the pigmen incident. I say we should go back one day and kill the pigmen and the giant.

Comment

Oh you play MineZ? I used to play that. Unless they wiped players' data I should still have iron-armor char hanging around near Cole Castle.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Not much happened today, massacred by golems is normal now. Playing mineZ, our entire team wiped out D:

Comment

My days are going pretty well. Working two jobs so I get a good night's sleep, there are kittens on the farm, my writing skills are improving, and I've got many new games to play! But perhaps the best thing to happen to me this week was hearing that Mega wasn't dead. He snapped out of his coma and let us all know in the RP board that he was alright.

Dang, isn't that something? That made Wednesday much more bearable for me!

Comment

I like alligators
                              Edit: still working on trying to get picture to work, also taped a baby alligator in the Everglades
                              Last edited by Nuclearblt; 08-09-2014, 05:49 PM. Reason: I can't img cuz I suck

Comment

So, today was my Birthday. Decided to take a massive break to kick back and relax. No YouTube videos, no work, nothing. I've been doing nothing but watch anime (for the past three days?). Almost all of it being random titles like Majimoji Rurumo and Herobank. So, no Sailor Moon or Precure. Yet, I'm having a massive binge (thanks to Shift's guest pass) so anything can go.

My father bought me a bunch of booze and snacks to let me celebrate. I'm trying my hardest not to get drunk but... it's my Birthday. I want to get drunk on my 18th. Or do I wanna keep my dignity? I can't decide. Booze! Or sanity?

Whatever the case may be, I'm just chilling right now. May have a f*ck around on the server(s) later, now that it's back up or I might just continue as I am. Eh, whatever. Even if it means f*cking up my sleep cycle again, I'll do anything today.
                                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Working...
                                X