X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Help... From ME >:D

Alright, here's the thing: I have DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) or at least everything I've experienced is pointing in that direction. It's not dramatic MultiPersonality Disorder where one minute I'm one guy and the next I'm another. But I do have another identity inside me which I associated the title 'Demon.' As time progressed, I began to wonder which one of us is running this carcass, or in other terms, which of us is the demon. So, I decided I needed help. So in a few days, I'm going to a psychiatrist...

And give them money? Like hell I would! They can wade in their sea of lifeless green, I'm doing an EXPERIMENT! Why should I trust someone to help me with a situation that includes a phenomenon in which scientists have spent decades upon centuries trying to understand to the fullest extent? No one can live long enough to understand how the human mind works, but the most amazing thing about humanity is our sense of curiosity. That is why I shall record every waking moment of the both of our behaviors! I might even find out if there is a third, which I have been suspecting! Science sucks, but experiments are life! Of course, what to do afterwards is beyond me, but I'll see where I can go when the time comes. For now, research! I will dig up my/our deepest secrets without 'professional help!' I will Find my own help! I shall cast my own judgement! Not by the grave of god, or the taint of the devil, but by the seeing eye of the Prince of Purgatory!!!

Ok, You don't have to listen to me, but I'm just going to give my two cents worth.

Introspection doesn't work.

I can understand if you have a distrust in doctors, but if you have a mental condition, the last person who should be examining you is yourself. I mean yes, Psychologists doesn't have all the answers. But do you really think that you are better qualified than professionals who have years of intense study and hands on experience with people who have these conditions? No offense, but I really don't think writing down your thoughts and looking at symptoms on the internet is a replacement for professional help. For all you know, there might not even be a condition, or you have a condition you didn't even think of.

In short: Go see a Psychologist.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

This is the thing you wanted to tell us on the RP Section, right?

Anyways, I suggest you to go to the psychologist, from personal experience, they know what to do, in most cases it will be you only talking what you think its right and the doctor will ask one or two questions from time to time, it is more a "learn by yourself" tactic with the guidance of a professional

Also it is good to have someone to talk with, donīt bottle up what you think, just release what you have on your mind with those you trust.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Hmm... I was gonna blow that off, but then you mentioned you had TWO cents instead of one...

Jk really I just don't want to ask for anyone's help at all because I feared that if I did they would ridicule me, or go tell me to 'shake it off.' I mean, really? Go up to someone "hey, I have DID and need help"? I may just be paranoid, but I know people these days too well.

Comment

Oh I know of being laughed at Wonder, I have some factors that make me be easy target for teasing and similar bad stuff that have gotten me to breakdown emotionally

But you can trust this forum, hell you started like a party-goer at first and a bit of a clown (no offense), but you opened to us and we saw other parts of you, so if you need to talk about it, you know you can lean on someone here or in mumble.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
            Hmm... I was gonna blow that off, but then you mentioned you had TWO cents instead of one...

Jk really I just don't want to ask for anyone's help at all because I feared that if I did they would ridicule me, or go tell me to 'shake it off.' I mean, really? Go up to someone "hey, I have DID and need help"? I may just be paranoid, but I know people these days too well.
            Anything like this should just be kept between you and your psychologist. Trust me, I know from experience the fear that people will look down on me if they know I have problems. I have symptoms of Asperger's and adult ADHD, however can't be legally diagnosed with either. Still I was afraid that I would be looked down on for not being "normal." The truth is, nobody really cares. Most people usually have their own problems to worry about, and their experience with you as a person outweighs whatever you might have.

Of course, if you feel that this other personality doesn't pose any real threat do your overall well-being then maybe your little experiment is of no harm. But if you really feel there is a problem, My stance hasn't changed on the matter.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

@Wonder

Trust me, there's no reason to fear us. Just look at all the confessions, stories, and everything else on the forum. We are a community, kind of like a family, and as such, we accept one another.

As for psychologists, I believe that it should be considered. I personally went through some pretty bad things in my life, and in top of that, I had ADHD and Social Anxiety Disorder. They provided me the tools to not only overcome my hardships, but the skills to control my disorders. Heck, I even learned a thing or two from them. ;p
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

For now, research! I will dig up my/our deepest secrets without 'professional help!' I will Find my own help! I shall cast my own judgement! Not by the grave of god, or the taint of the devil, but by the seeing eye of the Prince of Purgatory!!![/QUOTE]

but by the seeing eye of the Prince of Purgatory

I have that built in survival, and also own it.

Comment

@ YukkuriRumia
                  I wan see. I wan see nao.

Funny thing is, I use Prince of Purgatory as my main alias.

@ Everyone else

... ya know what? I'm gonna go for it. Professional help is advisable in the end. So, scratch the project out. I no longer need it.

Project ABORTED.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                    @ YukkuriRumia
                    I wan see. I wan see nao.

Funny thing is, I use Prince of Purgatory as my main alias.

@ Everyone else

... ya know what? I'm gonna go for it. Professional help is advisable in the end. So, scratch the project out. I no longer need it.

Project ABORTED.
                    in survival, the coordinates are:
                    X: 4965
                    Y: 100
                    Z: 14203

Don't mind the Y, as there's like a chute that leads up there, however the reason for the Z coordinate is at the end of the world.

Comment

Getting Help... From ME >

I once was human.
                      #EpicConfession
                      Last edited by nickmaster00; 11-07-2014, 09:21 PM.
                      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
                        I once was human.
                        #EpicConfession
                        #hashbrowns
                        w-what is this autism aura??
                        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

#hailhashbrown
                          Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Somebody say hashbrown?
                            But in all seriousness.. like shimitty said, I think it would be a little better to go to a doctor or whoever than to do it yourself
                            Last edited by Nuclearblt; 11-09-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Ok we shouldn't have this conversation here lol haha

Comment

Working...
                              X