Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, I know what you're talking about...

But in the case of Vatians, they're more loyal to the central government at the time: the Venturian Empire.
    Very little independent governments existed during the eras post second Phoenix Incident. The Senari Republic is one of the largest independent governing body. But that's for later.

There are sub-branches to the Empire that oversee each solar system, planet, and so on. So there might be something there that Vatians might be a greater part of.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So basicly,
      They are a republic (?)
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Not at first.
        The Venturian Empire has all power centralized with the Royal Family. These branches are merely means to allow the emperor/empress to retain control over a greater number of systems. Much like how European nations spread throughout the world. Like the one saying "The sun never sets on the British Empire."

Later on the Venturian Empire is replaced with a republic. The timeline explains better.

Comment

The talk of elves made me look for images of elves which resulted in me finding this
          Spoiler:

which made me think of a younger Achlys even though Achlys is officially going to be a Noxarc and therefore would not have pointy ears which then led me to thinking of a passage about said younger Achlys.

...which I will write after I complete other things tonight.

Comment

Journal Excepts of Achlys Noxima

I am quite pleased with the results of my recent experiments. The potion generated does increase mental activity and sensory perception, as anticipated. Although the change in skin composition was not expected. Hopefully this is a temporary side effect, for if not I may have to keep my hands covered as these strange scales are anything but pleasant...

No sign of the side effect of my previous experiment lessening. Going to Sally's to see if she has any remedies.
            Sally wasn't home today. Ran into Marc, who was also looking for Sally. Mentioned something about a plague that he was trying to find a cure for. He seemed extraordinarily uncomfortable about the subject.

So Eri decided to slip one of his potions in my drink when I wasn't looking. Damn prankster. Though I think he was intentionally trying to help me as his potion cured my skin condition. Albeit with his signature side affect. At least this isn't the first time he's done this to me. At least I now have a counter to it and my height should be back to normal within the hour.

Damn Eri made it so that the effect actually worsens when attempting to correct it.

Marc decided to pay me a visit. Embarrassing considering my condition. He came to speak to me about the plague he mentioned the other day, as well as deliver a antidote to Eri's potion since apparently he bore witness to the incident.
            Men.
            He told me to read this book that details what the plague is and to meet him afterwards since he was busy.
            I hope the plague is Eri because I will gladly eradicate him from the face of this planet. Personally.
            In the meantime I really should deal with my current growing problem.

Maybe I should finally see if that shrinking potion works on people...

Nihil
            The plague that Marc is attempting to prevent is Nihiliods.
            Parasites that wipe out all life.
            Divines help us.

Marc and I have begun regularly meeting in the archives, searching for more information on the Nihiliods.

Found nothing particularly useful.

Nothing.

Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness... Will have to look at further. Something about these seems... familiar.

Marc had been doing research on the two entities overnight. I've never seen him so grim-faced. He was saying that the Ethereal Darkness might be the answer.
            From what he told me, I would have to agree.
            The sheer power one could command through the Ethereal Darkness... nothing could withstand it should we manage to harness it.

I've begun researching ways to possibly control the Ethereal Darkness. Marc however seems reluctant, which I find odd considering that this might be our only hope of defeating the plague.

Marc is acting strange. Really strange. He's worried about something and he isn't telling me.

The only way to summon the Ethereal Darkness is to destroy the Eternal Light... Now I think I know why Marc was uneasy. We would be declaring war on the Luminarcs if we went and just did this.
            Looks like we'll have to deal with politics now.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Damn those self-righteous fools! We don't have time to try and figure out if there are alternatives! We have to do something NOW.
            I reread the Blood Tome. According to it, the plague will be upon us at season's end. Come the end of winter, we will all be doomed.

I will not let the plague come to pass.

Tomorrow I take matters into my own hands.

Ok so this is supposed to be more on Achlys before the events in the Timeline concerning the War of Alcyon.

And I'll be honest I was two words close to turning the part about the potion Eri gave Achlys into something about her bust size instead of height.
            And I think it would make more sense in the situation but...

Comment

@Cucoo

So who is Achlys? I don't think you mentioned her until we brought up the Vatians.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Achlys
                Noxarc
                She was a "dark mage" on Alcyon who would become a "rival" of, and would later be accidentally killed by, Kiara.

The "substory" she's a part of is Shattered Ice Flower. Should ring a bell.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ahh, ok.

Well anyways, we covered government, physical appearance, and culture, right? Are we missing anything else? I feel like we might, but I can't remember.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

There will always be something.
                    But for now I think it's ok. We can move on to Papillians.

The first defining trait is their wings. Think Tabuu from ssbb and you're halfway there.
                    Style ultimately varies from individual to individual.

Avonna's for instance are distinctly butterfly like in appearance, whereas the late Emperor's didn't appear as such. Because their wings are composed of energy, they can "disappear" when needed.

The term angelic comes to mind...

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, so what other physical/mental characteristics and traits do they have? Are they fast, strong, intelligent, or something else?

As for the wings, I would guess that they are made out of Gaia energy, right? Do Papillians have any connection or affinity for Gaia and Anti energy?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well the only other thing I have down cold is that they have the passive ability to pacify any situation. It's near impossible to be hostile in the presence of a Papillian.

Also just to explain, before Avonna there was the first Emperor, Xystus, who was her father. Now I might say there's a difference between male and female Papillians. Because Xystus is more like a conqueror than anything else. He was definitely a commanding presence. The ability to pacify others might still be present but... it seems odd to me.
                        Saltatrix, Avonna's Sister, was more playful. Avonna is more peaceful and calm.

Xystus and Saltatrix were both killed during the initial part of the War of Eternity. I have no information about Avonna's mother.

Comment

@Cucoo

Maybe the males have a more imposing, almost intimidating presence. It still pacifies others like the females can, but in a slightly different way.

What do you think?

As for Avonna's mother, do you have a name?
                          sigpic

Comment

Perhaps. Maybe it varies like the wings. Each has a unique aura about them that possibly distracts the mood and thus pacifies.

As for the mother... I really have nothing

It bugs me cause royal family.

Oh and trivia: i just remembered that I derived Papillian from the latin word meaning butterfly-like.

Comment

@Cucoo

That could work.

As for the mother, do the names have significance to them? If so, then what do you think the mother's name might be? Should we create a character, maybe flesh her out?

As for the race's name, makes sense.
                              sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

The names typically do.
                                There are a few exceptions but they're few in number. Like Aion's best friend Joe.

And yea... I want to actually work on all of the royal family. I only really have Avonna somewhat set after prior discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X